• Published 24th Aug 2015
  • 518 Views, 3 Comments

Whoopsie! - AnonymousAlicorn



Octavia is very bored. Her cello is in the shop being repaired after the royal wedding incident. Vinyl is out at a club, as the DJ. Octavia decides to see what Vinyl has on her half of the house. Bad ideas 101, Don't look through a teenager's stuff.

  • ...
2
 3
 518

The Story, I guess. What did you expect?

Octavia, the most famous classical music composer known. When people thought classical, they thought Octavia. And this cellist had the best run off them all since Beethoofen. Her roommate was a DJ. Of all people, a DJ obsessed with her dubstep. It hardly counted as music, in her opinion. And, because she was all alone, she was very, very, very bored out of her mind. Her cello was in the shop being repaired after the royal wedding incident. What to do.

Vinyl wouldn't be back for a few more hours, and that sent 2 thoughts across her mind. She had no idea what the second one would entail, or she would have just stuck with the first one. No matter the shame, and the thoughts her mother wouldn't approve of. She did, after all, not "swing" as Vinyl would put it if she knew, that way. But, even though it would not be as good as the other option, decided to see what Vinyl has over on her half of the house. She stepped over the half point line, suddenly feeling a rush of adrenaline, knowing that she was not supposed to be here. This made her only want to probe further. She stepped around the cords, knowing it would be disastrous if she left any trace that she was there. It looked like not much was there, just the turntables, and her bed. There's bound to be something, right? Like a diary, or something. She just realized, she was looking for secrets in her 18-year-old roommates half of the house. What was she doing?! She came as far as the dresser, why stop now? She opened the top drawer, finding a phone, earbuds, her smaller spare triangle purple shades, and some random cords. she opened the bottom cabinet, finding something odd.

It was a metal box. There was a 4-digit lock on the box. The current digits were 1-0-0-0. Octavia had plenty time to spare, and nothing else to do. she decided to start turning random numbers. After about nearly 3 hours, the code has 4193. The open actually surprised her, bordering scared her. She was not prepared for what she saw. Leather straps, a blindfold, a whip, shock collar, taser, and a weird strap with a black box with wires and a USB port on the outside, and a long, black, thick dildo on the side that faces inward. She froze for what seemed like an eternity, until she heard hoofsteps in the blank silence of the night. Vinyl normally got home by 3. It took awhile to figure out that code, huh? she panicked, closed the box, and ran back to her own bedroom. she closed her door just in time to hear Vinyl open the main door. She quickly got into her bed and pulled the covers over her head. She had normally been asleep by midnight, when this whole thing started, and had no idea if Vinyl checked to see if Octavia was asleep or nit every night, and after this she had no right to be mad about it. After a few minutes, she heard her door creak open, and very light hoofsteps to her closet. All she had in there were her bow-ties, and the occasional Tuxedo for whenever it was needed, and her other clothes. Everything was worn, except for a tux and a few more bow-ties. However, the steps didn't stop at the door. Vinyl walked all the way to Tavi's dresser, and put something on it, and left. Once Vinyl had left, she looked and saw it was a very long, but thin, little white box. she peeked a look inside, and it was a new bow for her cello. It wasn't like ant other, however. It was made from dark blue pony hair, with the occasional light blue spot in it. She took a second to register it, being what she had just discovered, but it was made of Vinyl's own mane! Now, Octavia felt like the biggest jerk in the universe. Bigger that Sombra, Crysalis, or Discord was ever. Vinyl gave Octavia a gift made of one of the only thing she holds in higher regards than her Bass Cannon. She also found a note reading :

Dear Octavia,
I had this made for you because you are the
first person to actually care about me for more
than my music. In fact, you keep me around
even though you despise my wubs. I wanted
to thank you for showing that you actually
cared about me.
P.S. Stay out of my stuff, would you?

That last part made Octavia realize. She had not even bothered to close the cabinet, let alone change the lock numbers back, or even just turn the light off. Not that she had time, but she had to face it. She got caught. And she had only expected to find a diary or something. Vinyl had to have words somewhere, right?

The next morning, Octavia got up. She had the smell of dandelion fill her nostrils. Vinyl couldn't make much food wise, but she did make a mean flower pudding. she looked to her dresser, seeing the box, and only being reminded of last night. She just had to see how today played out, then. She stood by her door, took a deep breath, and walked into the living room. She then went into the kitchen, knowing sooner or later she would have to face her roommate. Vinyl gave a good morning nod, and didn't seem to want to bring up last night. It was all she could think to do to just look down and take her seat in front of the table.

"Vinyl, um, I, uh, sorry?" For the first time, Octavia and her giant vocabulary were out of words. This was new for the cellist, always being the center of every conversation until Vinyl arrived. That was what caught Octavia's interest, after all. Vinyl levitated a note and pen and wrote something, then floated over to her.

Options
1. We could be really awkward about this
2. We could just forget about it
3.


Maybe do something


Octavia noticed how there was only one thin line through option 3, and being easily able to read it. Octavia's face instantly burned into a nearly painful bright red, and nearly fell back in her chair. What does one do in this situation? Vinyl was still stirring the mashed dandelion powder, some water, some sugar, and other various things. There was near silence for a few minutes, the occasional clank of dishes and the near inaudible of Vinyl's headphones. Then, the unicorn brought two bowls of the pudding to Octavia and one for herself.

"Late night?" Vinyl started making conversation.

"Yes, my cello is in the shop and I don't exactly have a smartphone."

"How long did it take to figure out the combo?" Vinyl had effectively made Octavia blush once again. "Never mind. You still care much about the whole split house thing? I don't think it really matters now. Its not really fair if you have something to hide, after all."

"Yeah, no. That should give me something to work on when your not here, I guess."

Just want to let you know, I am cool about this, but say anything and your cello goes into the wood-chipper, as well as the gift. Just so you can't say that I didn't warn you."

"I guess I kinda do deserve that. Heh."

"Seriously." Vinyl threw her shades down to the edge of her nose, revealing her beautiful crimson red eyes. Vinyl was serious about this. If Octavia said anything about what was in that box to anyone ever, no matter how Octavia would react, Vinyl would destroy what mattered most to her, except herself. This was not going anywhere, and Octavia would take this secret to the grave, or else.

Comments ( 3 )

Neat story.:twilightsmile:

Interesting to say the least.

Ooooooookay then! Remind me to kill myself on the front lines, would you?

Could do with some editing.

Login or register to comment