• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,727 Views, 20 Comments

Responsibility and Rage - adfghjkl



Celestia and Luna fight to maintain harmony in Equestria after the return of a foe from their past.

  • ...
1
 20
 2,727

Chapter Four: Celestia's Mane

CHAPTER FOUR

Luna howled in agony, hoping that this was just a dream; hoping that this was just a nightmare. Celestia crouched over her sister, trying to get her to stop sobbing. “MOTHER! FATHER! COME BACK!” Luna screamed and ran all around the balcony, looking to the sky for any sign of Galaxia or Cosmos.

“Luna, Luna please listen to me.” Luna turned around, puffy eyed and teary. Celestia wrapped her wing around Luna. “Mother and father are part of the universe now, they have another life elsewhere. They aren’t coming back.”

The words pounded in the back of Luna’s mind.

They aren’t coming back.

“How do you know that? Maybe they’re out there somewhere, just lost, trying to find us. Or maybe this is a test, to see if we can handle maintaining harmony in Equestria for a day, and then they’ll come back!”

Celestia sighed. “Luna, let’s go inside.” After a few minutes of coaxing, Luna finally went back inside Canterlot Castle with her sister. Luna wiped the tears off of her face and studied her sister. There was something different about her.

“Tia! Your mane and your tail!” Celestia blinked, and then studied her new mane.

It was no longer just pink, it was green, blue, and pink; her mane flowed like her father’s, but had the same bright and shining colors of her mother’s. The golden crown atop Celestia’s head perfectly complimented the new colors in her mane.

Luna frowned at her unchanged blue mane. “Why isn’t my mane like that?”

“Mother and father once told me that when alicorns reach a certain age, their mane and tail grows more colors, and flows smoothly.”

Luna looked hopeful. “So someday my mane will look like that?”

Celestia grinned at her little sister. “Yes, Luna. Someday your mane will look like this.” Luna smiled, a thing she hadn’t done for a while. “Now relax and go to sleep, Luna.”

The young alicorn walked over to her bed, lay down, and slept.

When Luna woke it was late in the morning. “Morning, Tia.” Luna yawned and glanced over at her sister’s bed.

“Celestia? Where are you?” A feeling of panic raced through Luna.

“I’m out here, Luna! Remember what my only purpose here is?”

Oh yeah, Tia had to raise the sun, duh.

Celestia happily skipped into Luna’s room. “It’s ok, Luna. You can sleep all day if you want to. Your job starts when the sun sets.”

Luna smiled and hopped back into bed.

“I’ll just be out exploring, ok Luna?”

Luna nodded, half asleep. Celestia laughed and walked out. She flew up and around scanning the area for any threats. Everything’s looking normal, as usual.

“Well, hello Celestia. It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” A familiar voice hissed behind Celestia.

Discord!