• ...
34
 24
 3,064

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: The Fate of Equestria

This chapter's featured card: Number 200: Adligo - Dragon of Harmony

Xyz Monster Rank: 10 ATK: 4500 DEF: 4500 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Dragon

3 Level 10 Monsters

This card can only be destroyed by battle with another "Number" monster. While this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by Card Effects. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz Material from this card to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the detached Xyz Material monster's ATK. During the End Phase, if this card has no Xyz materials, banish this card.

Alex and Orion vs. Gilda and Trixie

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Pilum (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). When it’s summoned, Alex can special summon one Winged-Beast type Dragunity monster from his hand and equip Dragunity Pilum onto it, choosing Dragunity Angusticlavii (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons Ally of Justice Thousand Arms (ATK: 1700 DEF: 0).

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons The Six Samurai – Zanji (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1300). When there is a Six Samurai monster on Orion’s side of the field, he can special summon Grandmaster of the Six Samurai from his hand (ATK: 2100 DEF: 800).

Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2



“Will you two ever learn?” asked Trixie.



Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates the field spell Light Barrier. Next, she summons Arcana Force IV – The Emperor (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1400). With Light Barrier’s effect, Trixie can choose the effect of an Arcana Force monster that she summons, choosing the heads effect, increasing the ATK of all Arcana Force monsters by 500 (ATK: 1400 -> 1900). Trixie attacks The Six Samurai – Zanji.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7900

With Light Barrier’s other effect, whenever an Arcana Force monster destroys a monster by battle, Trixie gains life points equal to the destroyed monster’s ATK.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 8000 -> 9800

Trixie places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-9800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates the field spell Dragon Ravine, replacing Light Barrier (ATK: 1900 -> 1400). Next, Alex, activates its effect, discarding one card in his hand to add a level 4 or lower Dragunity monster from his deck to his hand. Next, Alex activates the effect of Dragunity Arma Leyvaten from his graveyard, special summoning it by removing from play a monster equipped with a Dragunity card (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1200). Trixie attempts to activate Bottomless Trap Hole, but Orion activates Musakani Magatama, negating Bottomless Trap Hole’s effect and destroying it. Next, Alex normal summons Dragunity Javalin (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Alex tunes Dragunity Arma Leyvaten with Dragunity Javelin to synchro summon Virgil, the Griffin Warlock (ATK: 2800 DEF: 3200). Alex attacks Ally of Justice Thousand Arms.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 9800 -> 8700

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-7900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“A mere scratch on our life points,” said Gilda in her lethargic and controlled voice. “A lot smaller than what will be done with you.”



Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, she activates the trap Call of the Haunted, special summoning Ally of Justice Thousand Arms from her graveyard. Then, she activates Monster Reborn to special summon Ally of Justice Unknown Crusher (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Lastly, she normal summons Ally of Justice Cycle Reader (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Gilda tunes Ally of Justice Thousand Arms and Ally of Justice Unknown Crusher with Ally of Justice Cycle Reader to synchro summon Ally of Justice Decisive Armor (ATK: 3300 DEF: 3300). Gilda attacks Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, but Alex activates Negate Attack. Alex then activates the effect of Virgil, the Griffin Warlock, paying 1000 life points to set a spell or trap card from his graveyard onto his side of the field.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 7900 -> 6900

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates the spell card Six Samurai United, allowing him to place a Bushido counter on it whenever a Six Samurai monster is special summoned. Next, he summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000) (BuC.: 0 -> 1). Next, with Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki’s effect, he can special summon a Six Samurai monster from his hand, choosing Kagemusha of the Six Samurai (ATK: 400 DEF: 1800) (BuC.: 1 -> 2). Orion tunes Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki with Kagemusha of the Six Samurai to synchro summon Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1400). Orion attacks Arcana Force IV – The Emperor with Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 8700 -> 8100

Orion then activates the other effect of Six Samurai United, sending it to the graveyard to draw cards equal to the number of Bushido counters on it (2).

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-6900 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Trixie’s Turn: Trixie tributes Ally of Justice Decisive Armor to summon Arcana Force XII – The Hanged Man in defense position (ATK: 2200 DEF: 2200). A coin is tossed. It comes up tails. Because of Arcana Force XII – The Hanged Man’s tails effect, during the end phase, she can destroy one monster and inflict damage equal to the monster’s ATK, choosing Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En. Orion activates Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En’s effect, destroying another Six Samurai monster in its place, choosing Grandmaster of the Six Samurai.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 6900 -> 4400

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“There’s no shame in quitting,” said Trixie. “It makes the process so much easier.” “That’s just it,” said Alex. “Just when you START to win, you become haughty; unprepared. Sammy and Maddie showed how many life points they can knock down when they’re patient.” “And just look at where they are now,” said Trixie. “Don’t worry,” said Alex. “That won’t ever happen again.”



Alex’s Turn: Alex equips Virgil, the Griffin Warlock with Big Bang Shot, increasing its ATK by 400 and giving it the effect of piercing damage (ATK: 2800 -> 3200). Next, he summons Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Alex attacks of Arcana Force XII – The Hanged Man with Virgil, the Griffin Warlock.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 8100 -> 7100

Alex attacks Gilda and Trixie directly with Dragunity Militum.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 7100 -> 5400

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons one monster face down.

Gilda places 1 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons The Six Samurai – Nisashi (ATK: 1400 DEF: 700). Orion attacks Gilda’s face down monster with Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En, which was a Morphing Jar. (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw 5 cards from their deck. Orion attacks Trixie directly with The Six Samurai – Nisashi, but Trixie activates Scapegoat, special summoning 4 Sheep tokens in defense position (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Orion attempts to activate Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En’s effect to negate and destroy one spell or trap card on the field, but Gilda activates Chivalry, negating and destroying the effect of Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En.

Orion ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-4400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2



Trixie then grew an evil contorted smile upon seeing her hand.



Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field. Because Big Bang Shot is removed from the field, Virgil the Griffin Warlock is banished. Next, she tributes her 3 Sheep tokens to special summon Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler from her hand (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). A coin is tossed. It ends up heads. Then, she activates Celestial Transformation, special summoning a Fairy-type monster from her hand, choosing Arcana Force 0 – The Fool (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Next, she activates Inferno Reckless Summon, special summoning all Arcana Force 0 – The Fools from her hand, deck, and/or graveyard. Trixie tributes the 3 Arcana Force 0 – The Fools to special summon Arcana Force EX – The Dark Ruler (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). A coin is tossed. It comes up heads. Trixie attacks The Six Samurai – Nisashi with Arcana Force EX – The Dark Ruler.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 4400 -> 1800

Next, Trixie attacks Dragunity Militum with Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler, but Orion activates The High Priestess’ Staff from his hand, negating the attack, ending the battle phase, and inflicting 500 points of damage to Gilda and Trixie.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 5400 -> 4900

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4900 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0



Alex looked over the cards in his hand, he felt like he could do something big here, but a strange gut feeling told him to reserve himself.



Alex’s Turn: Alex switches Dragunity Militum into defense position. Next, he summons Dragunity Aklys (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). With its effect, Alex can special summon a Dragunity monster from his hand and equip Dragunity Aklys to it, choosing Dragunity Tribus (ATK: 500 DEF: 300). Alex uses Dragunity Tribus’ effect to send one level 3 or lower Dragon type monster from his deck to his graveyard, and he chooses Dragunity Phalanx. Alex then uses the effect of Dragunity Arma Leyvaten from his graveyard. By removing from play one monster equipped with a Dragunity monster, he can special summon it from his graveyard. He activates the effect of Dragunity Arma Leyvaten on the field. When special summoned, he can equip one Dragon type monster onto it from the graveyard and chooses Dragunity Phalanx, whose effect Alex uses to special summon it onto the field when equipped from the graveyard (ATK: 500 DEF: 1100). Alex tunes Dragunity Arma Leyvaten with Dragunity Phalanx to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Next, Alex activates Battle Waltz, special summoning a Waltz token with the same type, attribute, level, ATK and DEF as a synchro monster that he controls.

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-1800 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she activates the effect of Meklord Astro Mekanikle, sending 3 Meklord monsters in her hand to the graveyard to special summon it from her hand (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). Gilda activates Meklord Astro Mekanikle’s effect, equipping one synchro monster from her opponent’s side of the field onto it and gains its ATK, choosing Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 4000 -> 7200). Alex activates Gravity Bind, preventing monsters level 4 and up from attacking.

Gilda places 1 card face down. With Meklord Astro Mekanikle’s effect, she can send one synchro monster equipped to it to the graveyard to inflict damage equal to the monster’s ATK, choosing Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Alex activates Damage Diet, halving the damage.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 1800 -> 200

Gilda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“Just quit,” taunted Trixie. “You have a mere 200 life points left, and we still have more than half of ours. Just face it. You will never be better than me.” Orion then heard voices behind him cheering. He turned to find his friends in the stands cheering things like, “Don’t give up!” and “We believe in you!” Orion then turned to Trixie and defiantly stated, “That’s where you’re wrong, Trixie. A duel isn’t over until one of our life points reaches 0. And as long as my friends continue to support me, I will always have hope, and I will never give up!” Suddenly, his duel disk began glowing. Everyone in sight was stunned, including Trixie, who wasn’t sure what was happening. Then, a fully lit card ejected from the center of his crescent shaped duel disk. Orion picked it and held it out in front of him. The light subsided to reveal an xyz monster. Orion then remembered Princess Luna’s conversation. It was used originally to wield a magnificent power which now actually remains dormant in that wand. If this was the power that Princess Luna told him about, Orion smiled, as he knew that Trixie was in very big trouble.



Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Gilda’s face down card. Then, he summons The Six Samurai – Irou (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Next, he activates the effect of Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan from his hand, special summoning it from his hand when he controls a Six Samurai monster (ATK: 1800 DEF: 500). Orion overlays The Six Samurai – Irou with of Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan to xyz summon Number 39: Utopia (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2000). Orion equips Number 39: Utopia with Megamorph and Divine Sword – Phoenix Blade, first doubling the ATK of Number 39: Utopia and then raising its ATK by 300 (ATK: 2500 -> 5000 -> 5300). Orion attacks Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 4900 -> 3600

Orion ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Trixie’s Life Points: Trixie activates her Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. She activates another Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field (ATK: 5300 -> 2500). Trixie attacks Number 39: Utopia, but Orion activates Number 39: Utopia’s effect, removing one xyz material from it to negate the attack.

Trixie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“You see, Trixie?” said Alex. “This is where our bonds have brought us. As you taunted us and mocked us, the power of our friendship has unlocked a new power, and with it we will definitely defeat you!” Suddenly, Alex noticed that the area in his chest was glowing yellow. Then the glowing mass shot a yellow beam into the sky, which heavily surprised him. When the beam entered the sky, an orange pony with a yellow mane and tail floated down into the coliseum next to where Alex and Orion were. It was Applejack. However, she looked normal, unlike her lighter, wizened self from the day before. She also had a gold necklace on with an orange apple shaped gem in the center of it. She then woozily got up. “What happened?” she asked. Alex and Orion ran over to her and hugged her. “Applejack, you’re okay,” said Alex happily. “How did you come back?” “I think the elements of harmony revived you,” said Twilight Sparkle approaching the 3 with a gold tiara that had a magenta colored six pronged star in the center. The other 4 ponies came down wearing necklaces similar to Applejack’s, hugging her too. “What are those?” asked Alex. “They’re the elements of harmony,” said Orion. “And it looks like they’re going to help us.” “Impossible!” shrieked Trixie. The elements of harmony were used to defeat Equestria’s toughest foes: Nightmare Moon and Discord. And now, they were about to be used against her. Alex stood up to face Trixie. “Let’s finish this duel so I can get my sister back,” said Alex.



Alex’s Turn: Alex activates his Monster Reborn, special summoning Nero, the Dragon Warlord from his graveyard. Next, he activates D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation, discarding one card to special summon Virgil, the Griffin Warlock from the banished zone.



Once all of the pieces were in place, all six elements of harmony glowed brightly. Alex had an ominous feeling that he knew what to do from there. “I construct an overlay network with Nero, the Dragon Warlord, Virgil, the Griffin Warlock, my Waltz token, the element of honesty, the element of generosity, the element of laughter, the element of kindness, the element of loyalty, and the element of magic to xyz summon the most powerful monster that ever existed!” The three of Alex’s monsters turned into wispy beams of energy that flew towards the sky directly above the coliseum. Beams of energy also shot out of the elements of harmony towards the sky, shooting out twinkling sparks in the process. Alex outstretched his hand to the sky, where the sparks formed a cluster in his hand in the shape of a card which then turned into an xyz monster card. Alex placed the card onto his monster zone on top of the stack that held Nero, the Dragon Warlord, Virgil, the Griffin Warlock, and the Waltz token. Once this happened, a massive bolt of lightning struck the center of the coliseum, sparks and bolts flying in every direction. Once the blinding light cleared, the crowd, including Trixie, was dumbstruck to see a massive ice blue dragon with the number 200 tattooed on its left wing. “Come forth, Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony!”



Alex overlays Nero, the Dragon Warlord, Virgil, the Griffin Warlock, and the Waltz token to xyz summon Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony (ATK: 4500 DEF: 4500). Alex attacks Arcana Force EX – The Dark Ruler, but Trixie activates Reversal of Fate, switching the effect of Arcana Force EX – The Dark Ruler from its heads effect to its tails effect.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 3600 -> 3100

With Arcana Force EX – The Dark Ruler’s tails effect, when it’s destroyed, all cards on the field are destroyed. With Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony’s effect, if it has xyz materials attached to it, it can’t be destroyed by battle or card effects. Alex activates the effect of Number 200: Adligo – Dragon of Harmony, removing one xyz material from it to inflict damage equal to the removed xyz material’s ATK (Nero, the Dragon Warlord).

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 3100 -> 0

Alex and Orion win.



The entire stadium was quiet. “Did… we just win?” asked Alex incredulously. “Yes,” whispered Orion, still overcome by shock. They then looked at each other for about 3 seconds before laughing loudly while hugging each other. Seeing their jubilation, the crowd cheered very loudly, with many ponies storming the field. The 6 ponies that were there began tossing Alex and Orion up into the air and back up again. Other ponies joined them. Alex then looked over at the waiting rooms as he was being tossed up and down. He saw Sammy, Maddie, and Zecora walking out looking at the mass hysteria. They all ran over to them. Alex was then let down as he ran over and hugged his sister. Maddie joined in the group hug, as did Zecora and Orion.

Trixie got up and looked at the sight of their loss. Her normally calm demeanor was now replaced with fear and shock. Now that all of her victims were set free, there was nothing to protect her from incarceration. “You,” growled Trixie at the awakened and back-to-normal Gilda. “You lost this for me, and now you’re going to pay.” She tried to shoot a wincing Gilda with a powerful spell, but Orion attacked her with a magic spell before she could do so, blasting Trixie into the wall. She tried getting up but Orion aimed his wand at her, with the members of Lamss and Twilight and her friends by his side. “No,” he said calmly. “Don’t get up.” “Thank you, Orion,” said Princess Celestia approaching from behind, “but I will handle it from here.” Orion stepped aside to let Princess Celestia resume her formal duties. Trixie was trembling at the large, angry, alicorn lingering over her. “Trixie, you are being charged for the incapacitation of over 20 ponies and humans through the use of the Soul Locking curse. I hereby sentence you to the Canterlot dungeons, where you will stay for the rest of your days. But first…” Princess Celestia used a quick spell and just like that it was done. “What happened?” asked Trixie. Twilight pointed at her head. Trixie felt her head but noticed something amiss: her horn was gone, magically removed from her body. She was too shocked to scream, so she instead broke down and cried. “Take her out of my sight,” said Princess Celestia to her guards. Two guards then chained her to chariot after confiscating her duel disk and deck, and then escorted her to the Canterlot dungeons to the cheers and applause of the crowd.

“As for you,” said Princess Celestia to Gilda, who was also trembling at her presence. “You are being charged in the assistance of the incapacitation of over 20 ponies and humans through the use of the Soul Locking curse. Not nearly as serious as performing the curse, but serious, nonetheless.” Gilda was prepared to hear her punishment. “However, my faithful student and her friends have decided to appeal to my better judgment, and only sentence you to 2 years in the Canterlot dungeons, effective tomorrow at sunrise.” “Tomorrow?” asked Gilda confused. “2 years? And why tomorrow?” Princess Celestia responded, “I see that you have learned a valuable lesson today and showed great signs of bravery in standing up to your… erstwhile friend. Your friends would rather see you the way you were always meant to be: happy, and beloved.” Gilda was smiling with tears running down her face. “Plus, you wouldn’t want to miss the party that’s happening later tonight,” Princess Celestia finished. Gilda then turned to the group of ponies. Pinkie Pie gave her a wink, symbolizing that her delayed sentencing was her idea. Still choked up, Gilda playfully tackled Pinkie Pie and hugged her as Pinkie Pie laughed. The rest of the ponies joined in. As Alex and Orion watched them, Princess Celestia approached them from behind. “I’d like to have a word with you,” she said.

PreviousChapters Next