• ...
34
 24
 3,064

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: Ambush

This chapter's featured card: Arcana Force XXI - The World

Effect Monster Level: 8 ATK: 3100 DEF: 3100 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Fairy

When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: During your End Phase, you can send 2 monsters you control to the Graveyard to skip your opponent's next turn. ● Tails: During your opponent's Draw Phase, add the top card of their Graveyard to their hand.


By the time Lamss was done cleaning the stage, the place was deserted, as the ponies wanted to get some good night’s sleep for the day ahead of them. As they were walking back to the theater to sleep themselves, Scott decided to break away from the group. “Where are you going, Scott?” asked Alex. I just wanted to see if Sweetie Belle is up and congratulate her on getting her cutie mark. As soon as the others made it to the theater, Sammy stopped and said, “Darn. I left my scarf back at the stage. Excuse me.” She then ran back as the others walked inside. Scott had finished saying his congratulations to Sweetie Belle, and he was making his way back. He began taking shortcuts through the alleys in between the buildings. He was going through the last alley that would take him to the theater, but a large, shadowy, winged figure stopped him. He saw the same griffon that Sammy registered as she stepped into the light. “You think you can embarrass my partner like that and get away with it?” asked Gilda. “Not a chance,” she said unsheathing her duel disk. Scott took out his D-Pad and assembled it. They both drew 5 cards from their decks. “DUEL!” they yelled.

Scott vs. Gilda

Scott’s Turn: Scott activates Celestial Transformation, special summoning Vylon Cube from his hand (ATK: 800 DEF: 800). Next, he summons Vylon Ohm (ATK: 1500 DEF: 200). Scott tunes Vylon Ohm with Vylon Cube to synchro summon Vylon Delta (ATK: 1700 DEF: 2800). When Vylon Cube is used for the synchro summon of a LIGHT monster, Scott can add an equip spell card from his deck to his hand. Scott equips Vylon Delta with Vylon Material, increasing its ATK by 600 (ATK: 1700 -> 2300).

Scott places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons Ally of Justice Core Destroyer (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1200). Next, she activates Inferno Reckless Summon, special summoning all Ally of Justice Core Destroyers from her deck, hand or graveyard. Ally of Justice Core Destroyer attacks Vylon Delta. With Ally of Justice Core Destroyer’s effect, it destroys the monster it attacks without damage calculation. When Vylon Material is sent to the graveyard, he can add a Vylon spell card from his deck to his hand. Gilda attacks Scott directly with her other Ally of Justice Core Destroyer, but Scott activates Rainbow Life, discarding 1 card to gain life points equal to the damage he would have taken.

Scott’s Life Points: 4000 -> 5200

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Scott’s Turn: Scott activates Cards from the Sky, removing from play a Fairy-type monster in his hand from play to draw 2 cards. Scott summons Vylon Charger in defense position (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000).

Scott places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda tributes both Ally of Justice Core Destroyers to summon Ally of Justice Thunder Armor (ATK: 2700 DEF: 2200). Gilda attacks Vylon Charger. Ally of Justice Thunder Armor allows Ally of Justice monsters to inflict piercing damage.

Scott’s Life Points: 5200 -> 3500.

Scott activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster of his is destroyed.

Gilda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Scott’s Turn: Scott plays Premature Burial, paying 800 life points to special summon Vylon Charger from the graveyard.

Scott’s Life Points: 3500 -> 2700

Scott then plays Monster Reborn, special summoning Vylon Ohm from the graveyard. Next, Scott normal summons Vylon Prism (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1500). Scott overlays Vylon Prism, Vylon Ohm, and Vylon Charger to xyz summon Vylon Disigma (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100). Scott activates Vylon Disigma’s effect. By removing 1 xyz material monster from it, Scott can equip an opponent’s face up attack position monster onto it, and he chooses Ally of Justice Thunder Armor. Because Scott used Vylon Prism as the xyz material, Scott pays 500 life points to equip Vylon Prism to Vylon Disigma.

Scott’s Life Points: 2700 -> 2200

Scott then equips Vylon Disigma with Vylon Segment, making Vylon Disigma unable to be targeted by Gilda’s trap cards and monster effects. Scott attacks Gilda directly. Because Vylon Prism is equipped to Vylon Disigma, its ATK goes up by 1000 during the battle phase (ATK: 2500 -> 3500).

Gilda’s Life Points: 4000 -> 500

Scott places 2 cards face down and ends his turn. Vylon Disigma’s ATK goes back to normal (ATK: 3500 -> 2500).

Status: Hand-1 Life-2200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates Dark World Dealings, having her and Scott draw a card and then discard one. Next, she activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Ally of Justice Clausolas from the graveyard (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1200). Next, Gilda normal summons Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). Gilda then plays Iron Draw, drawing 2 cards if she controls two or more machine type monsters. Gilda tunes Ally of Justice Clausolas with Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator to synchro summon Ally of Justice Field Marshal (ATK: 2900 DEF: 2600). Gilda plays Giant Trunade, sending all spell and trap cards to the respective owner’s hand. Next, she equips Ally of Justice Field Marshal with 7 Completed, increasing its ATK by 700 (ATK: 2900 -> 3600). Gilda attacks Vylon Disigma.

Scott’s Life Points: 2200 -> 1100

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Scott’s Turn: Scott activates Hidden Armory, sending the top card on his deck to the graveyard to add an equip spell to from his graveyard to his hand. Scott activates Premature Burial again to special summon Vylon Disigma from the Graveyard, paying 800 life points to do so.

Scott’s Life Points: 1100 -> 300

Next, Scott equips Vylon Disigma with Megamorph, doubling Vylon Disigma’s ATK (ATK: 2500 -> 5000), and Vylon Segment, making Gilda unable to target Vylon Disigma with trap cards or monster effects. Scott attacks Ally of Justice Field Marshal.

Gilda’s Life Points: 500 -> 0

Scott wins.



Gilda growled at Scott and ran off.

Meanwhile, Sammy was walking back with her scarf in hand. As she made her way towards the theater, a unicorn pony stopped her. Sammy, recognizing instantly who it was, tried to turn and leave, but the unicorn used her magic to produce a fiery purple ring around the two. “Trixie,” Sammy grumbled. “The great and power Trixie to boot,” responded Trixie. “How many times must you embarrass yourself before you learn your lesson?” asked Sammy, getting her duel disk on. “You shall be the one who’s embarrassed after I’m done with you. They both unsheathed their duel disks an drew 5 cards. “DUEL!” they yelled.

Sammy vs. Trixie

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy summons one monster face down.

Sammy places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Trixie’s Turn: Trixie plays Celestial Transformation, special summoning Arcana Force VI - The Lovers from her hand (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1600). Because of Celestial Transformation, its ATK is halved (ATK: 1600 -> 800). A coin is flipped. It ends up heads. With Arcana Force VI - The Lovers’ heads effect, it can count as 2 tributes for the summoning of an Arcana Force monster. Trixie tributes Arcana Force VI - The Lovers to summon Arcana Force XXI - The World (ATK: 3100 DEF: 3100). A coin is tossed. It ends up tails. Trixie attacks Sammy’s face down monster, which was a Laval Miller. When Laval Miller is destroyed in battle, Sammy can send 2 Laval monsters from her deck to her graveyard.

Trixie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Sammy’s Turn: Due to Arcana Force XXI - The World’s tails effect, the top card on Sammy’s graveyard is added to her hand. Sammy activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning Tender of the Laval Volcano from the graveyard (ATK: 100 DEF: 200). Next, Sammy summons Laval Lancelord without tribute (ATK: 2100 DEF: 200). Sammy tunes Laval Lancelord with Tender of the Laval Volcano to synchro summon Laval Stannon (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800). When Laval Stannon is synchro summoned, Sammy discards one card from her hand. Next, she activates the effect of Tender of the Laval Volcano, sending a Laval monster from her deck to her graveyard when a different Laval monster is in her graveyard. Next, she special summons Laval Burner from her hand, as she has 3 different Laval monsters in her graveyard (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Next, she plays Rekindling, special summoning as many monsters with 200 DEF as possible, choosing Laval Lancelord, Laval Forest Sprite (ATK: 300 DEF: 200) and Laval Magma Cannoneer (ATK: 1700 DEF: 200). Sammy tunes Laval Burner with Laval Forest Sprite to synchro summon Ancient Flamvell Diety (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200). Sammy then overlays Laval Stannon with Ancient Flamvell Diety to xyz summon Lavell Hydra (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). When Laval Forest Sprite is sent from the field to the graveyard, all Laval monsters gain 200 ATK for each Laval monster in the graveyard (3), and since Lavell Hydra can be treated as a Laval monster, the effect also applies to it (ATK: 3000 -> 3600) (ATK: 1700 -> 2300) (ATK: 2100 -> 2700). Sammy then activates Lavell Hydra’s effect, removing one xyz material from it to negate Arcana Force XXI - The World’s effect and halve its ATK (ATK: 3100 -> 1550). Sammy attacks Arcana Force XXI - The World with Laval Magma Cannoneer.

Trixie’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3250

Sammy then attacks directly with Laval Lancelord

Trixie’s Life Points: 3250 -> 550

Sammy then attacks directly with Lavell Hydra. Trixie then tries to activate Magic Cylinder, but Sammy activates Trap Jammer, negating and destroying the trap. The attack goes through.

Trixie’s Life Points: 550 -> 0

Sammy wins.



The fiery ring extinguished. “Third time’s a charm, isn’t it?” asked Sammy. Before Trixie could respond, a large white bear approached behind Trixie. She turned around and it made a loud deafening roar. Trixie, who garnered a fear of bears after almost being killed by an Ursa Minor, screamed and ran away as fast as she could. Sammy knew instantly who the bear was, recognizing it as Maddie's beartic, Bruford. The bear then walked over to Sammy and licked her face contentedly. “Bruford. Am I glad to see you.” Soon, the humans, Orion, and Twilight with her friends ran towards her. Maddie brought back Bruford into her pokéball. “Are you alright?” asked Alex. “Yeah. That Trixie chick up and attacked me.” “I saw you two fighting,” said Scott. “I was attacked by Gilda, that griffon, and I went to tell the others about it, but then I saw the ring of fire, so I got help.” “Wait,” said Maddie. “Those two registered together for the competition.” Rainbow Dash then said, “But that means…” “Our nemesis’ have banded together to take revenge on us,” interrupted Twilight. “Those two are incredibly powerful opponents,” said Scott, “but I couldn’t even imagine how powerful they must be working together.” “Then we’ll find out tomorrow,” said Applejack. “As long as we have our friendship, there’s nothing we can’t beat.” Alex then sighed in desperation and looked up to the sky. “Applejack,” he said, “I think it’s going to take a lot more than friendship if we’re going to have any chance of beating those two.”

PreviousChapters Next