• Published 9th Aug 2015
  • 1,057 Views, 33 Comments

Awakening Evil (Reworked) - Bronyprophet



Many years have passed, since the initial event of Nightmare Moon, and the crowning of Princess Twilight, and the banishment of the Tantabest. However, happiness can never last when an old enemy awakens.

  • ...
8
 33
 1,057

Chapter 5 An Unexpected Revelation (Reworked)

Author's Note:

When I reworked the book I activated interactive links. You can use these links by right clicking on the green words, then clicking open in new tab, and read from where it starts, to feel more emotion from the story. Thank you.

please provide feedback. If you see any grammar errors, or plot errors notify me, and ill fix them.

As the girls made it to the courtroom they were greeted by another several guards, this time the guards were unicorn guards and they were Luna's elite Guard none the less, even Luna’s captain of the guard Midnight Shadow had greeted them there. They all had the same red aura and eyes as the rest.

As Twilight realized this, she started to wonder what could be turning these once loyal guards to enemies. All Twilight knew, was that the guards had been corrupted, and manipulated by something evil. She resolved to do some research on this after this was finished. She was confused and feeling concerned about what was happening in Equestria. Twilight’s urgency only continued to grow as she kept being stalled by the guards, and she knew Luna was in trouble, and she couldn't get to her friend fast enough.

Twilight had been thrown from her thoughts when a bolt of magic barely missed her. She retaliated by firing a bolt of magic at the unicorn that fired the first shot. The guard pony attempted to block her power, but he was no match for an alicorn, and as his spell shield shattered. Midnight Shadow flew at Twilight, kicking her in the side. Twilight had not expected this, and she received the blow in full, knocking her back and causing her to become prone.

As the elite guards converged on Twilight to bind her, they were brought to an abrupt stop by AJ’s lasso. AJ, threw the guards into the air with her lasso, and as they were airborne, Rarity fired a bolt of magic at them, sending them into a wall, knocking all three out cold leaving 4 guards; one being the captain.

Rainbow Dash didn't hesitate, she immediately engaged Midnight Shadow. She hastily flew into the fray in a fly kicking motion, but Midnight Shadow anticipated this, and took flight in a rotating motion then converted that motion into a round house kick; countering Rainbow Dash and knocking her back several feet, causing her to lose control. But Rainbow Dash recovered, using the spin out technique that she’d learnt at the wonder bolt academy.

As she recovered, she charged again, but this time it was too quick for Midnight to dodge, this time she landed an uppercut in a rotating motion. As she wheeled around, she used her rotation momentum, to form a powerful roundhouse kick, kicking him in the now revealed stomach causing him to cough, then she continued to rotated a further one hundred and eighty degrees, then followed up with a rear flip kick, knocking him downward, and causing him to hit the floor so hard that it made him bounce.

Twilight and Rarity combined their beams together, creating a mega beam, as Rainbow Dash was finishing up Midnight Shadow. They fired, and blew the last three guards away, and destroyed the door that was blocking them from the court.

Nightmare Moon had been fighting Celestia, as Twilight and her friends stormed the castle. The fight between Celestia and Nightmare Moon was not looking good for Celestia. Nightmare Moon said to Celestia, as Celestia came to the realization, that she was losing this fight.

“Oh dear Celestia, you look a bit tired, shall I give you a break ha, ha, ha. I know, how about I break those pretty white wings of yours? ha, ha, ha,” Nightmare Moon sneered evilly.

“Y-You will not win,” Celestia said to Nightmare Moon, looking worse for wear. Celestia had never felt so fatigued before. She was losing, and her power could not match Nightmare Moons power, she did not have the strength any more. Celestia realised that her power had weakened in her old age, and she could no longer protect Equestria, she had to instate a new guardian, to protect Equestria and her ponies.

“Ah, but you see; that I already have, look at you, you’re pathetic, you can't hope to beat me… after all, the only way you did before, was with the elements of harmony, and you no longer have the power to use them. Speaking of which, the element bearers should be here soon; I can’t wait to see your dearest and most faithful student, to see you like this ha, ha, ha, ha.” Nightmare Moon stated cockily.

“I can s-s-still stand, and I-I will defeat you” Celestia replied struggling to stand up. She knew that her chances were thin, she knew that she could no longer beat this threat, but she would stand and fight to the bitter end.

“You jest, you can hardly stand, and you still think you can stop me. Ha don't make me laugh after all your sister is lost because you weren't understanding enough towards her, you are pathetic Celestia.” Nightmare moon stated bitterly, convincing Celestia that it was her fault her sister was lost, and she could no longer bring her back.

“I-I know this was my m-mistake and mine a-alone an-and for this I’ll defeat y-you.” Celestia struggled to say, weak from exhaustion. Celestia had convinced herself long before Nightmare Moon tried to convince her, that it was her fault. She was blaming herself for everything. Celestia thought to herself, saddened by Luna’s miss fortune, “I must repair this mistake that I have created, I must save my sister, if she can truly be saved.”

“I Think it’s time to defeat you. Ah, I know I’ll banish you to the sun just as you banished me to the Moon. Oh how ironic, yet so fitting for the mighty Princess Celestia, the princess of the sun. But that will have to wait, I have guests to greet.” As Nightmare Moon said this, she charged her horn and fired at Celestia.

Celestia tried to defend herself with her own magic, but to no avail. She had been spent, and she didn't have enough magical energy to combat Nightmare Moon. As her beam failed she was hit by the full power of Nightmare Moon, and as she was hit, she was blasted through a stain glass window in her castle, and into the royal garden outside. It was Celestia’s favourite place in the royal Palace. She took one look at the garden, and she noticed the rose bushes, and the elegantly crafted hedges, and brilliant water features, but eventually she passed out in the garden, to spent from the fight with Nightmare Moon.

As Twilight blasted the door, and the guards along with it, Nightmare Moon caught the guards and the pieces of shrapnel with her telekinesis, before throwing them at a marble pillar cracking it and killing the three guards on the spot.

“That was quite the entrance Twilight. I have been expecting you.” Nightmare Moon commented smugly, feeling like a goddess.

“Nightmare Moon... this is impossible? How are you here? You were destroyed!” Twilight replied with a mixture of confusion and shock in her tone. She thought her friends and herself defeated Nightmare Moon forever, but she was standing there right before her, in physical form, so many questions spun a web of confusion in her mind, but one thing clicked in her mind, Celestia was missing.

“How am I here? Well you didn't destroy Luna, and I am Luna, one cannot destroy one's self without harming the same self ha, ha, ha. How disappointing that you do not know such common knowledge, and you were Celestia’s favourite pupil.” Nightmare Moon Explained smugly.

“CELESTIA! Where is she, Nightmare Moon?!” Twilight said as she charged her horn, as her voice boomed altered by magic with both anger and concern.

“Oh, she is just napping in the garden, I’ll finish her after I finish you, and your annoying friends ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.” Nightmare Moon snickered evilly. Nightmare Moon was over confident, and feeling unbeatable. She saw herself in a godlike light.

“No you won't Nightmare Moon, your Tyranny ends here. Girls let's show her our new look.” As Twilight said this, she transformed into her element harmony, her appearance changed.

She now had a longer mane and tail, and there was a third colour in her mane and tail, it was a yellow streak in the centre of the two original colours, purple and pink. Her wings had also changed, they now had mauve at the start of the wings, transitioning to pink, and then pink, transitioned to purple. As she finished her transformation, her friends followed suit, they now had altered colours to their wings tails and manes also changed.