• Published 9th Aug 2015
  • 1,057 Views, 33 Comments

Awakening Evil (Reworked) - Bronyprophet



Many years have passed, since the initial event of Nightmare Moon, and the crowning of Princess Twilight, and the banishment of the Tantabest. However, happiness can never last when an old enemy awakens.

  • ...
8
 33
 1,057

Chapter 4 Shroud of The Moon (Reworked)

Author's Note:

When I reworked the book I activated interactive links. You can use these links by right clicking on the green words, then clicking open in new tab, and read from where it starts, to feel more emotion from the story. Thank you.

please provide feedback. If you see any grammar errors, or plot errors notify me, and ill fix them.

As Luna joined Nightmare Moon in the fray, she fired a beam of blue light, as she did, Nightmare moon teleported out of the way, and re-appeared above Luna and fired a dark blue beam at Luna. Luna predicted this and dodged her attack, and as Nightmare Moons beam made contact with the ground, it exploded creating a haze of dust and dirt throughout the dream scape that appeared to be Luna's and Celestia’s old castle, in the Everfree forest. Luna felt both good and bad memories from this place. Memories of happiness, and joy, but memories of pain, fear, and isolation as well. She could remember the night she turned into Nightmare Moon, and how she nearly destroyed this castle, and nearly killed her own sister, and hurt her so badly forcing her sister’s hand to banish her to the moon.

“Luna, do you recall this place?” Nightmare Moon announced from amongst the dust from an unknown location. “Yes, I do, it’s the place where you were born, my sister’s and I’s old castle in the Everfree Forest.” Luna growled, knowing how powerful she use to be when she was in the form of Nightmare Moon. Luna had never felt such a strong anger before, and she would not stop until she destroyed Nightmare Moon completely, to rid the world of this wicked alicorn she had created.

Luna was alert; watching for the slightest hint of movement, expecting another attack from her former self. she waited in fearful suspense, as the dirt and dust settled.

“Do you really think you can defeat me Luna?” Nightmare Moon threatened feeling unstoppable, she knew that Luna could not hope to win, she knew that this was her territory, and no pony could hear Luna scream for help. No one was coming this time, she was a goddess, and she knew it.

“I will Nightmare Moon. I created you, and so, I shall Destroy you.” Luna growled again, when suddenly a tornado appeared below Luna, picking her up and tossing her into the air, causing Luna to free fall, and as she was falling, Nightmare moon fired a beam of dark blue light, sending her through the wall of the castle, and out to the Everfree Forest.

Luna got up shakily, with droplets of blood dripping from her wings and mouth. She looked up at Nightmare Moon, with a half closed eye, and she noticed that she was casually flying towards her.

“Luna, you can’t best my power” Nightmare Moon cackled, feeling great pleasure about torturing her weaker counterpart. She loved to torment the ponies of Equestria, and Luna was her favourite, but she would take even more pleasure in crushing Twilight, after she escaped Luna's mind.

Nightmare Moon thought of making Twilight scream in agony, and she shuddered with pleasure, at the thought, she could envision the bloody mares head crushed underneath her hoof, slowly dying and screaming in pain. She imagined watching Twilights life fade away, and she fantasized about the silence that would follow, and the limp corpse of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Nightmare Moon had hated Twilight, and wanted revenge ever since Twilight and her friends banished her for a second time.

“I-I must t-try…” Luna said weakly, as she said this she gained some of her strength as she thought of her new friends, and how they had saved her from her own nightmare. As she thought this, she thought to herself “it’s my turn to help them, I will defeat this Nightmare.”

“How quaint; you’re going to try and stop me.” Nightmare Moon said mockingly, as a sadistic smile crossed her face.

“I-I w-will,” Luna said weakly struggling to stand. Luna knew that she would not survive Nightmare Moons next attack, she knew that she would lose, but she would die with valour, in one last attack, to end all others, to stop the nightmare within herself.

“HA! Try it,” Nightmare Moon said in disbelief, as she fired another beam of magic at Luna, but it was blocked by a spell shield. Once Nightmare Moon noticed this she became indignant.

“y-you ar-aren't the o-only one who can control t-the weather” Luna threatened weakly as her second wind came around, and as she said this a giant storm cloud appeared above Nightmare Moon, and as it did a powerful wind howled, and a thunderbolt fired directly at Nightmare Moon, hitting her unaware. As Nightmare Moon had been hit, Luna fired another beam of magic this time hitting her directly only to reveal, a severely pissed off Nightmare Moon, surrounded by a shield, created by six levitating black gem-like objects, that had a red aura surrounding them.

“I didn’t want to reveal these yet, but you leave me no choice, these are the elements of chaos created from obsidian and six evil objects. Now that you know of them; you won’t survive the next attack, these are the items that can, and will, destroy the ancient elements of harmony forever ha, ha, ha. Now feel the full power of chaos Luna.” as Nightmare Moon bellowed a sadistic laugh she fired a charged beam of red light at Luna.

Luna attempted to fire another beam at the red beam of light, but her beam was cancelled out, and as it was, Luna felt time slow, and she saw her life flash before her eyes, she saw her sister's wedding, and her mate, and she saw her very own mate and wedding.

A wedding that Luna would never see, she saw her foal and what he looked like. She saw Ponyville turn into a great and majestic city, she saw Twilight's friends ascend to alicorn hood, and get their own families, as she saw this last scene, she felt a hot pain strike her in the chest. She then knew that she was about to die, as she felt herself hit the Forest floor Luna looked up, and she had one more glimpse of a sunset, as she did a tear rolled down her muzzle and she thought “Celestia I love you. ”

Luna had only felt regret as she thought of how upset her sister was, when she only tried to help her; and how she told her to go away. Luna was pained by these thoughts, and she welcomed death, she had nothing to live for any more. Luna failed her sister, her friends, and Equestria. As Luna’s thoughts ended, her vision faded, and Luna let deaths cold embrace takeover, she knew her time in the world of the living, was up, and her story, was at a close.

Nightmare Moon started to take control of Luna’s body, and banish the last few lines of defence that Luna had forged. Afterwards, Nightmare Moon sent a nightmare to all the ponies of Equestria, showing her resurrection, and what she had planned to do to Equestria.

Twilight awoke with a shock, seeing that Luna had been mortally wounded. She got up and took off with haste to alert her friends about what had happened, but Twilight was amazed to see that all of Ponyville had been aroused from a slumber, and she thought with a great calamity of emotions, she was fearful, filled with a sense of urgency and confusion, “This does not make sense; it is not possible that everypony had seen the same dream as me. I must hurry, this is not good.” As Twilight gathered her friends together, they set out to Canterlot to save Luna, Celestia and Equestria.

As they arrived, something was wrong, the only guards that were up, were the Luna guard, but they weren't the same they had red eyes, and red auras surrounding them, and their armour had a red tinge to it. Twilight asked the guard to let her enter, but when they spoke they used the old language, “Thou shalt not enter thine palace!” after the guardpony stated that no one will enter the castle, they suddenly drew their spears, and charged Twilight. This caught Twilight off guard, and she was about to be impaled by a spear, but Rainbow Dash intervened, and jumped in the way and as she did, she round housed the spear snapping the point off, then flip kicked the guard, knocking him out.

As she did another two guards attacked, but this time Twilight was prepared, and she fired a beam of magenta light at the guard, knocking him out. Fluttershy had nearly been cleaved in half by a Luna guard wielding a short sword when she froze in fear, but luckily AJ saved her with a swift apple bucker’s kick, sending the guard through the door shattering them. As they entered the castle, standing before them were several guards, and they had the same aura, and eyes as the first three. Twilight said to her friends.

“Rarity protect Fluttershy. AJ, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash come with me, we have to win this fight to save the royal guard, Luna, Celestia and Equestria.” as Twilight said this, the girls gave a nod of approval. When they started to charge another several guards teleported in and as they did Spike dived through the stained glass window, shattering it, and after he recovered from his roll he said

“Girls go save the princesses, I’ll handle these chumps.” After he said this, the girls continued through the castle, to where they knew Celestia and Luna would be. Some of the guards tried to follow but to no avail, Spike made sure about that, by flipping over the top of the guards then sweeping his large tail underneath them knocking them to the ground. Spike then continued, in a challenging tone “So gents, who’s first.” As spike said this he gave a deathly glare and made the guards hesitate briefly.