• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 2,238 Views, 30 Comments

The Struggle Within - B_25



It's Spike's 17th birthday. A party so awesome, you might think it's his last!

  • ...
11
 30
 2,238

Chapter 6: Imperfection

Oh. Back so soon, eh? I was getting bored.

Spike sighed at hearing the familiar voice. The chapter not yet finishing like he wished it would.

Hey. You came back hardly touched! Good stuff.

“Thanks. But I think I lost something more important.”

Ah. Little details. Be glad you’re breathing. Besides, you only have one more portal left.

Going along with Virus’s words, two new paths emerged from the pits. Yet at the end of each, they combined, and led to the stairwell to the next floor.

Spike did his best to feign a smile, as he trudge to where the path split.

Now. The hero Spike has defeated an ancient dragon threat; one the dragons long before have lost to. How is he rewarded? Take a step right to find out!

A door - once again resembling nightmare door - emerge from the ground, whirlpool of magic forming in the middle.

Or. You could go left, and enjoy yourself a good comic book. No drama; nothing to deal with. Just you and a good story.

The second portal emerged. Spike took his time looking at the two.
Chose!

Spike sighed. “After what I went through, I just want to sit down and relax.”

But, the thought of getting a treat, and being honored for what I did sounds pretty awesome to me. And I do deserve it, don’t I?

So Spiked went right, and entered the door.


When his eyes opened, Spike found himself in the middle of a carpeted runway that only led up. He would’ve mistaken the place, if it weren’t for the herds of ponies at his sides.

Everything was flashing against him, so much that he blinked a few times to regain his vision. Spike then realized that the flashes came from the tops’ of cameras.

Cameras, pointed at him. Ponies, gathering all around. This meant one thing to Spike:

The voice wasn’t lying. They all think of me as a hero! Oh boy, my dreams of just imaging it are coming true!

Spike smiled, as he went to wave at the ponies -- but couldn’t, for some reason. He tried even harder, yet his claws wouldn’t budge. Turning his head, Spike saw his claws, bounded in a shackle.

What?

The flashes slowed down; the crowd realizing the dragon had come to. With the lights gone, Spike saw looks on ponies that he had nightmares of. Everypony looked at him, disgusted; scared; angry, and some even sad.

The faces… They look the same as the ponies of Ponyville, when they found out I would start living there along with Twilight. She told me to just ignore them, but I still noticed them.

Spike looked up the stairs that led to colossal doors. Beyond those doors, he knew, led to a place where he would be judged.

But, I don’t want to go up there!

Spike’s heart began to hurt, as even though he were a strong dragon whose wounds had been healed: his legs started to shakes.

Spike was sweating. “No, no. Please! This doesn’t make any sense; I saved my friends?” He did his best to summon from his claws, but to no avail: for the shackles were protected in a even greater magic.
There was a pain in Spike’s back; a force that caused him to take few steps forward.

“E’ow!” Spike cried. Coming on his right, Spike saw who the perpetrator to his attack was.

It was the very stallion that Spike had come to seen almost as a brother. Shining Armor - Captain of the Royal Guard.

“Your efforts are dearly noted. But you sacrificed something far more important to do so, and now you shall be judge if your existence can be tolerated.”

Spike felt the pointy things at his back, and knew not moving is a bad idea. Even though his body cried in resistance, Spike did his best to climb that starts as his body shook.

“Ha! Look at the dragon,” A stallion from the crowd said. “He looks as if he’s to wet himself!”

“Harold,” scorn a voice close to the first, “don’t say those types of things. What if he uses his fire breath thing on us?”

“Him? He couldn’t attack us even if they say the power he posses is true.”

He’s right. My magic isn’t working.

Breathing. It was harder for Spike to do for now. Whatever awaited in the throne, it was scary to Spike.

Breathe… Come on! Breath.

Spike failed in attempted to control his breathing; to stop his heart from beating so fast. Spike sweat became so bad, that he left traces of it with each step he took. Spike tried to cancel out the voice from around him, but the comments made it into his ear.

“Hmm, this is the monster that plagues Equestria?”

“He’a looks like a scaredy cat to me!”

“Don’t get close dear; he could eat you whole with those fangs alone.”

“Ha! If the verdict comes out guilty, than let me do the honors! Never fought a dragon before - should be interesting.”

“Don’t say such stupid things. He is a dragon; you a pony. You stand no chance. So let the al’mighty powerful ones deal with him.”

Stares from the Royal Guard cased the voices to quieten down, as Spike had reached the doors that led to the room that would decide his fate. With what courage Spike had left, he took the final step, and peered into the room.
To Spike’s surprise, the room actually quite small. Compact even, as ponies and other species alike sat on top of seat that rose throughout the room. To be quite honest, Spike wouldn’t be able to reach any of them, because of how high they were. All his path led to, was the center of which all gazes met.

Now Spike’s claw refused to remain shut. His fingers jittering with no control. Spike had trouble swallowing, as all the eyes looked down upon him.

Just walk forward, Spike! Walk… and get this nightmare over with.

Spike followed his path. Even with his legs buckling; his claws splashing. Spike kept on his path, and stood before the judge of the throne. It came with no surprise that Celestia was the one ruling the court.

Still, Spike had a lot of questions, as to why he were here. But, part knew the reason.

“Spike the Dragon,” said Princess Celestia, whose voice could be so magfin careful, yet demanding at the same time. “Official helper of the Elements of Harmony. Also an odds job dragon on the side, to help the town of Ponyville and to make a few bits on the side. Is hereby questioned to treason to the nation of Equestria.”

Maybe it was because Celestia was present, but Spike had expected more of a response from the Jury. Instead, everyone was silent, and awaiting.

Spike’s eyes should’ve been on Celestia only, yet they wander throughout the room. Faces that Spike knew sat in audience. Though faces he knew too well sat in the stand right of him. So high, so far, down they looked upon did Spike’s friends. For the Jury was the Elements of Harmony.

They’re not here to help me, Spike thought. He looked back at Celestia.

“Now,” Celestia went, “before the Jury begin the verdict, I would speak words of honor ment of the dragon below.” Celestia closed her eyes, and coughed. “Regardless of the consequences of his actions, Spike did vanquish a great evil; one that has been among us for a long length of time. And also he did, save his friends from horrible end. That is all that will be said, about heroics of Spike the Dragon.”

Few heads bowed their head. Most didn’t move a muscle.

Celestia turned to the Jury stand. “Now, Twilight Sparkle, the Magic of Harmony, shall give their verdict on Spike the Dragon.”

Twilight scratched at her foreleg, looking uncertain at her friends. For they to shared the same expression. It was like without using words, they said to one another, “this is simply the way things must me.”

Twilight coughed, taking attention of the court. “Spike, though no fault of his own, posses a power that can wipe out this land with little no effort. Despite having retrained it for this long; the dam shall inevitably break. Spike the Dragon has no permanent control over this power, so that leaves duration of our land in uncertainty.”

Spike looked up at the one whom he called his sister, and felt something running down his cheeks.

But I’m your brother, Twilight. I spent most of my life with you - you even helped raised me! You know I’m a good dragon, so why are you doing this?

Despite Spike being the subject of her speech, never once did she look down at him - none of the six did.

“So, the verdict Spike the Dragon,” Twilight said, clutching her eyes shut. “Is guilty of foreshadowing treason.”

I can’t believe this… I can’t believe any of this!

Twilight and her friends refused to look at Spike; Celestia casted him a look that pierced through his frail little heart, and everyone looked down at Spike as if he was going to receive the punished a cold-hard killer deserve.

I refuse to believe in any of this. I’m trying to save you all… I fight against the voice so I told become big and scary. That way you’ll keep me around. I said I promised to never do it again!

One nod from Princess Celestia is all it took for Shining Armor - along with his guard - to approach Spike.

Are you trying to tell me, that despite my best efforts to become gentle-dragon, they’re still going to cast me as a monster?

That is exactly what happens to you.

So what do I get in return for my efforts? For at least trying…

Temporary acceptance.

Past Shinning Armor; past the ponies of the guard, stood the coliseum door Spike had entered through. The weather looked nice out there.

If that’s going to be the case… if no matter what I do, I will always been seen as a monster. Well, I suppose it make no difference if I get a little greedy.

A door to the left of Spike opened - another pair of stairs presenting itself. They led to a dark, cold place. Where to the door to outside to a nice warm place. But Shinning was insistent on bringing Spike to the darkness.

Is it, so wrong, to want a little light? You ponies get to bask in it - I only get a little sunshine. You’re the ones who should stop being so greedy.

Clenching his claws, Spike felt a surge of power flow through them. Spike didn’t take too much power, just enough to break those annoying shackles. Spike brought his claws before him; looking at them with amusement.

“Th-The chains,” A voice said, “The dragon broke them!” Those words grabbed everyone’s attention. For the first time, the Elements of Harmony looked at the scaly friend; noticing his shoulders twitching ever so slightly.

Something grew in Spike’s throat, making a soft noise. His shoulders twitched faster, and the small noise grew to something fearsome.

Everyone came to the realization that Spike that Dragon… was laughing. And he was laughing at them.

“Laughing… has he finally snapped?!”

“Let him chuckle,” said another voice from the stands, “what can he do, in the middle of Canterlot, surrounded by the bearers of Harmony and the Royal guard.”

“Princess! Turn the dragon to-”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA”

The laughter was no longer small, for it shook the very ground Spike stood on; his entire body jolting as laughter escaped him at alarming pace. No ponies lungs - no average dragon - could sustain such a vulgar laughter. Yet here was Spike, sprouting it out of sheer enjoyment.

After long moments, when the only sound to come was the laugh, Spike slowed it down to a chuckle. Then he stopped, and looked around the room as if they were nothing better to do. His face held no emotion; only hatred burned in his eyes.

“It’s funny: to good all your life, and you're dealt the hand of evil,” Spike said. Looking at nobody in particular. “But, if you do, what you truly want to in life, than there’ll be no one left to deal you the cards!”

“Spike,” the Princess said, “what are you trying to get at?”
Spike wasn’t listening. “In the end, friends become enemies; your actions, worthless. So what is the point!?”

The Princess rose from her throne, keeping her face clam. Yet her voice betrayed her true emotion. “Spike. But back on that shackle, unless you want me to get involved.”

It took those words to gains his attention. Spike looked up in glee at princess, wearing the biggest smile he’s ever done.

“HAHAHA! Oh…” Spike took a breath of relief. “You see, ‘ya were talking about this power, which unstoppable if I were activate.” Spike stopped smiling. “This betrayal was more than enough.”

Spike declivity rose his right claw to his face, and rested them before his eyes. He raised his index finger, and turned around to where Shinning and the guard stood.

Spike brought his left fist to his mouth; coughing into it. He titled his neck until a crack was heard, and held out his left wrist. With his index finger, he lightly tapped along the wrist, as if he were listening to a sound no one else could hear.

Everyone sat, waiting. Was Spike preparing for something, or just fooling around. Regardless of which was true - Shining and the guard did not wait for him. They charged after Spike.

After one more tap, Spike was pleased. He used the index finger of his left claw, and with feet shoulder length apart - Spike took the stance of a conductor, ready to give orders to the musicians on how to play.

This was Spike’s little musical.

Spike rose his batons; closing his eyes. He took a breath, and begun his play.

Closing his eyes? Shinning thought. Bro, how could you be so stupid?!

Shining and the Guard sprinted after Spike. Who just stood there, in the same place, at the same distance.

Huh? Shinning thought. He looked down to his hooves - moving as fast as they could. Nothing else in the court moved as well. H-How is he keeping us in same spot?

Tch- Don’t panic. Panic makes you stupid. Shining felt magic pass through his horn. Smiling, he teleported in front of Spike. It seemed Spike had failed to notice; his eyes still closed - fingers still held up. Luckily for Shining, he had another pair of shackles to put on the dragon.

This is where your confidence get’s you, Spike. Sorry it has to be this way.

Shining stood up on two hooves, and went to place the shackles of Spike’s wrists. The room remained silent, for no one wanted to give shinning away. What Spike did next, however, caused them to gasped.

Shinning had noticed Spike face was closer. That couldn’t be right - had Spike shrunk? No, the entire room looked a bit smaller to Shinning. Gulping at what it may be, Shinning looked down…

And saw that he was floating in place.

“You know,” Spike mused, “saying you're sorry, with no meaning to your words: makes the apology invalid.” Spike opened his eyes; they only focused on Shining.

How is Spike doing this? Shining thought. Spike looking at him as if were studying his every detail. There’s no aura around me. so how is he lifting my frame? I can still move my head and legs, but doesn’t do anything for me.

“So, to make sure your lies don’t turn into words, I shall do this.” Shining felt the shackle being ripped from his hove, and levitated in front of him. Spike made sure Shinning got a good luck at it. Then, using a magic no one else - not even the Princess herself - could see, Spike changed the very shape of the shackle, and unlocked it.

The shackle itself, was big enough to fit Shining's mouth; the top hole small enough to fit his horn.

“Wha- No!” To late. The shackles closed - leaving his teeth strictly tight against one another, and his horn unable to produce any magic. Shining was left defenseless. He wanted to scream, but had no mouth to do so.

Spike raised his claw, and gave a poke to Shining: the force of the poke enough to send him back flying to his guard. Shining realized he wasn’t the only that Spike had levitated. Him and his guard floated in the air, like balloons.

Clearing his throat, Spike made the stance of a conductor once more - closing his eyes and letting his claws do all the work.

Not knowing why, the audience of the court felt like humming - all at the same. Even the Elements of Harmony found themselves humming a magnificent tune they’ve never even heard before. Yet they knew how it went.

Then, Spike playing his sympathy. His index claws moving in a U shape. The audience was surprised to see that floating guards were flying in the same way Spike moved his claws. When Spike’s claws would meet in the middle of the U, so would the guards bang against each other.

Spike was the conductor -- the guards his musical. Their instruments were their mouths, which all - except Shining - used to scream and expressed their pain. All beautiful sounds, to the dragon whom they kicked around earlier.

It feels like being on a roller-coaster! The Royal guards thought.

The speed’s hurting my tummy!

I’m gonna puke!

The Spikes on John are piercing through my hind leg every time we clash!

All Shinning had to think of was this. This blows. For Shinning had given up on the chance of winning, and accept his fate.

Up. “AHH!” Down. “OHH!” Left. “YEE!” Right. “NOO!” Those were the cries made in each direction. Spike smiled, for he was reaching the climax in his sympathy.

Up. Up. Down. Down. Left. Right. Left.

Spike chuckled. He brought his claw down, and split them down apart. The guards hit the floor, and swept to ends of the room. Spike turned to the Princess, and bowed. “Thus concludes my song… to you.” He stood back and turned; leaning slightly forward, he dash through the room.

He ran past the ones, who kept humming; past the guards who were going to need time off, and finally, past the doors that led to freedom. Spike felt the sunlight strike him, and took a breath of that fresh air. Spike momentarily closed his eyes, to wholly embrace the feeling of being free. But then, he felt something close around his neck.

Just like how Spike put the shackle on Shining, Celestia had put something far worse on Spike. For when he opened his eyes, he found his neck and claws locked in by wooden bars. Celestia stood before him, obscuring his sight of the beautiful red sun.

“It’s come to this, hasn’t it, Spike?” Celestia said. Her Rainbow fair flowing along the currents of the wind. Spike didn’t know why he found that interesting.

“Looks so,” Spike replied. “I know know how Luna felt a thousand or so years ago. Being betrayed by the one whom you trust to care.”

*SMACK!*

Spike had been expecting that. Celestia stood tall. “I’ve had my past mistakes, but I’ve learned from them. Spike, you must understand your friends and I do care about you, but the world matters more.”

Spike’s wandered up, where a blade hung; so desperately wanting to fall down to the ground. Celestia moved to the lever, and Spike was treated to one last sight of the sun.

I’m a dragon who can handle swimming in lava. Celestia coughed, as she pressed her own hooves against the lever. But how cool would it be to chill on the sun. Despite being a dragon, I’d be burned alive. But with more power, I wonder. Would I be able to go up there.

Spike closed his eyes, thinking about how cool it would be to live on the sun. While Celestia pushed the lever, and the blade fell.


Spike felt nothing. He didn’t feel power coursing through his veins. Neither the anger to rule the world. All emotions wiped from his being.

Spike felt nothing. Yet the hatred he felt still loomed in his heart. Spike opened his eyes, and found himself back in the castle.

The castle changed. The sky no longer glew like blood, but rather relaxed you with a blue night sky. The room, however, still kept it’s darkness.

Oh, Spike my boy! You’ve returned. How was the reward?

Spike didn’t move.

Ah, little details anyway. Never fear! There’s only a few more paths to chose. Now that-

“No,” Spike said.

Huh?

“I’m through with these games. I’m going the top to go get my wish.”

Virus was taken aback. He had more free range in this space, but didn’t expect Spike to respond like that.

My apologies, Spike. But in order for you to reach the top, you must finish the stories of the future.

Spike stole the words that only a friend of his used. “Ey’nope.” Spike walked forwards, to where once again the path split. No intention of stopping.

Spike, there’s telling how far that drop is. Even a dragon as special as you can’t stand against the unknown.


Even with words of concern, Spike did not stop. Maybe he knew something, or he just didn’t care. Either Way, Spike pressed on forward, and took a step onto the pit.

Spike did not fall.

Another and another, step step step. Spike walked over the abyss, an invisible struggle, or perhaps, keeping him alofat.

“I thought you said,” Spike began, never breaking stride. “That’d you never lie to me.”

Virus kept quiet. Though the room did rumble as if a far off earthquake had occurred.

Spike stepped back onto the path; it felt like he never stepped off it. He kept walking, and ascended the stairs to the second last floor of the room.

On this floor, quietly did Virus think.

You’ve changed, Spike. This floor’s intention, was to make you so mad, that you’d grow so big and destroy this castle. But you don’t seem mad. And earlier, you disobeyed me. It’s like before - where’d you ignore me. No, you fool went and did something I commanded you not to. I had control over, and now relationship is broken. What exactly cracked in you, Spike?

The room turned into darkness.

Eh. It’s no problem. I’ll control you, soon enough.


Head held up, Spike entered the fifth floor to the castle. Spike was discontent with the floor, for it reminded him of the third floor - of Drag and all that he gave. Spike couldn’t see past the fog, but kept the stride moving.

I don’t regret what I did, Spike thought, but that room took a lot out of me. In fact, I’m still hungry.

Spike progressed along the yellow carpet, his eyes wandering to the window - that’s where Spike notice the blue sky in some parts were replaced by the original red sky. He thought on it for a moment, but decided nothing could come from thinking on such an irrelevant detail.

On his path, he heard from the distance, giggles. Ponies, giggling. And a masculine voice, chuckling. Spike wasn’t alone, but he kept moving.

The laughter was close. Spike saw the silhouette of ponies and a much larger being in the distance. Spike’s curiosity wanted him to move faster to find out exactly who they were, but Spike knew never to break stride.
The creatures took noticed of Spike. They stopped laughing as Spike approached them. Spike was surprised to know that the ‘beings’ were the Elements of Harmony, along with drag. The way Spike found them was… questionable.

Drag was laying down on a couch. His body had grown, for his frame took up all of it. The girls didn’t like him taking it all, so they decided to use him as well. Pinkie sat on his legs; Twilight by his abs; Dash on his chest. Rarity draped her forelegs along his neck, as she leaned against the couch. Fluttershy & Applejack laid on top of the cushion.

Spike chuckled while keeping stern. “You guys look comfy.”

Drag laughed. He batted away Rarity hooves, which caused her to playful pout. Spike would’ve yelled at anyone who dare touch her, but found himself no longer caring.

Drag turned his head to look at Spike. “Yo, my Dragon-man. Long time no see.”

“Indeed.” Spike looked along the couch; his friends looking happy and ignoring his presence. “Twi, if this is what you meant by hanging out, I might’ve changed my stance.” Twi giggled at the comment.

“Heyy, Spike. Thanks again for, you know what. But I was wondering… do you have any more snacks on you?”

“I was going to ask the same thing; I haven’t had a thing to eat since I helped you out,” Spike said. Annoyed that helping this dragon caused him to grow and become a dick.

“Ohh,” Drag brought his head back, “bummer.” Rarity place her hooves back along his neck. Next to Rarity, Spike noticed, were boxes of pizzas.

It looks like they’ve been there awhile. Hey, food is food.

“Drag,” Spike said, pointing to the pizza, “Mind if I grab a slice.”

“No can do,” Drag replied, closing his eyes. “I may get hungry soon. And y’know how many boxes of pizza a hungry dragon can eat.”

Spike narrowed his eyes. Drag was mocking him, and he had enough. He began to walk, as Drag kept talking.

“Y’know Spike, your friends have such weird houses,” Drag went on. “One of them lives in a cloud; another, in a tree; one next to the Everfree Forest. How crazy is that!” Drag took a breath, and continued. “But the best parts of the houses, were the bedrooms. Spike, I gotta tell you about the--”

Bite. Bite. “Yum.”

Drag’s eyes flew open as he turned his head to Spike - the act strong enough to throw Rarity on top of Rainbow Dash.

“What. Do you think. You’re doing, Spike?” Drag asked. His fist clenching so tight his claws were digging into his scales.

“Eatin’ pizza,” Spike replied. He ate another slice as well.

“I just told you-” Drag tilted his head “-that you couldn’t have any.”

“Well, I made it rule: to disobey anyone who tells me I can’t do something.”

Drag’s wiped all the mares off him with one arm, sending them all flying to the floor. They complained amongst themselves. It seemed as if they took none of this serious; not even their own well being.

Drag rose from the couch. “Spike. If you make stupid rules like that. Than you shouldn’t come to surprisement when someone tries to teach you a lesson.” Drag punched his two claws together. Spike had another pizza.

“I wouldn’t call that rule stupid. But,” Spike took a bite into his pizza, “I’d say rules like ‘always trust your friends’ or ‘do always what your told’ stupid. Realizing it now, my sister of a unicorn has had quite the hold on my life.”

“Like I care about your life!” Drag threw a punch at the pizza eating dragon.

Spike caught the fist with his right claw - his left still holding a pizza. Drag smiled, as he punched with his left. Spike caught that too.

“How the-” Drag was interrupted, as Spike brought him close. Drag’s anger rose when he saw Spike, chillingly eating a pizza, his tongue holding it close to his mouth. The sight disgusted Drag. He went to kick Spike, but found himself hoisted into the air instead.

Spike, without an effort, flung Drag on the floor behind him. Drag groaned, as he heard something within him crack. It only hurt more when Spike flung him back over his shoulders, and slammed him face first into the ground. More things broke than just in his back.

“Arg!” Drag cried, making a clicking sound with his mouth. Despite all the pain, Drag still looked up to Spike.

I’m going to end- Drag’s thought interrupted by a scaly foot to the top of his foot. Involuntary eating carpet. Drag tried insulin Spike, but all that came were muffled noises.

Spike pulled in what remained of the pizza. His claw went for another slice - halting it when his eyes found the white box bore no more of his favorite meal. Spike frowned, and looked down on the blue dragon buried under his foot.
Looked down.

A laughter grew in Spike. The sight before him was hilarious, and him being on top made him feel good. This little drake, who though could mess with Spike, was now completely under his control. Spike had been under someone else's foot; now he knew what it felt to look down on someone else.

Instantly, Spike moved his foot: causing Drag to eat more of the carpet. The muffled insult turned into gagging. The sound pleasant to Spike ears.

How does it feel, to finally be on the bottom?

The mare’s gather around the scene, and joined Spike in looking down. Some of them even delivering kicks to the defenseless dragon.

D-Defenseless?

Drag stopped making noises. In it’s place, the girls spoke.

“How does it feel to be hit,” Rarity asked, delivering another hard kick to Drag’s side, “Darling?”

Twilight levitated Drag’s lower half - while his head being squished by Spike foot - and slammed it against the ground.

Spike’s eyes grew; a bad taste in his mouth.

He felt something brush against his side, but didn’t take his eyes of Drag. The sight suddenly horrified him.

“You’re not moving you foot fast enough, Spike,” Pinkie said. Making it apparent she was the one who brushed against him.

Spike had forgotten he was rubbing Drag’s face in. He stopped doing it.

Breathing came harder to Spike - his body uncontrollably shaking. Twisting his palms to face him, Spike brought his claws to chest level; looking at them as if they held an answer to the teary crime he was committing.

Be it power or illusion, the colour of his scales transformed red. It wasn’t blood-like -- like from the sky earlier. It was simply red.

Spike’s eyes passed through the claws, and saw Drag before him. He had somehow shrunk - his scales turned purple. He looked almost like a baby dragon.

This is… too familiar.
“What are you waiting for, Garble?” Spike’s eyes shot open.

Spike looked at their friends, almost shirking upon finding out they had transformed into dragons. Dragons who bullied him long ago.

“Yeah, Garble. This dragon has been hanging out with those ponies. You should give him the privilege of a beating!”

“He’s right! Beat him into a dragon, Garble.”

I’m stupid. I’ve always wondered how it felt to be the one on the top - the one in the spot light. It feels so good!

With no emotion to betray his true thoughts, Spike looked down at the baby version of him - whom he still had under his foot.

I could keep doing this… if only I didn’t know what it felt like to be the one on the bottom. If only I didn’t care about how the other being felt.

If you throw away your compassion, than there’s no need to feel guilt.

Fingers, wiggling like happy tails. Spike no longer controlled his spasming claws, neither his mind which was in chaos. For some reason, however, the thought of Rainbow Dash came to mind.

‘Of course even I, Rainbow Dash, get a little nervous when it comes to performing. It’s natural, I think. But what I to come down, is take a breath, clear your mind, and hold for ten seconds. Nothing more - nothing less. When exhale, your heart should pretty much under your control.

With great effort, Spike clenched his claws tight.

Oh, and Spike?

Spike stood tall - taking his foot off Drag.

That advice… it’s gonna cost ‘ya five bits.

Spike smiled. Took a breath. And had one last thought.

Oh come on, Rainbow Dash!

Just’a kidding.

Spike’s eyes closed by themselves. He held the breath; he thought of nothing; didn’t hear nothing, and did nothing.

His body knew when ten seconds passed. Exhaling through the nostrils, Spike opened his eyes with a newfound stillness. The world was silent.

Spike felt as if he had let something go. Something that he had pent up, disappeared with that drawn out breath. Looking ahead, Drag was no where to be seen. All that remained was him friends.

Friends…

They looked at him, concerned as if he were to suddenly disappear. Spike smiled at them, and with a snap of his fingers: in a blink of an eye, they were gone. With a less of a weight perched upon his shoulders, Spike made his way unto the next floor.


Kindness - Stupidity.

Loyalty - Only to oneself.

Laughter - It’s good to have

Generosity - Only if you’re rich.

Honestly - Sometime you need to lie.

Magic - Desires made true.

These are your elements, Spike. You do not belong in this perfect world. And, this world isn’t so perfect if you truly looked at it. You’re a different game - you need your own world.

Spike was having trouble walking. The previous rooms had him feeling hungry and empty, but the fifth floor took away a weight - one that Spike forgot he even bore. He was too light for his own liking. With no choice of stopping, Spike trudge his way onto the sixth floor.

A purple carpet led to a stone throne. No stairs, no paths, no obstacles. A straight path.

Spike, as a reward for engraving my little tests. I’ve decided to give you one wish. You can wish for anything, but first. Please raise your two claws to eye level.

Spike did as commanded - the palm of his two claws before him. Through an act of no illusion, his left claw was his normal as ever purple; the right claw green.

Your body & mind are in turmoil. Purple vs. Green.

Spike watched his claws, as if they held something deeper within the scales.
Purple; imperfect. That is what you currently are. Staying in a world that is not of your own, with friends who aren’t quite. No one understands you, not even yourself. You have an idea, but not an understanding.

Spike’s left arm went limp, struggling to keep his right held.

Green; perfect. What you’re going to be. Progess. The ability to follow your own principles, to rely on yourself. To grow as a dragon, as a being, in your own way. Be it greed; power, or self-knowledge. You’ll come to be perfect, but only in your world.

Spike’s right arm fell. His shoulders succumbing to unknown pressure.

I leave with this: Do you stay imperfect, so that you may stay with your perfect friends in their world? Or do you become true to yourself - casting yourself in a world that belongs solely to you?

Peace, Brosuke.

PS. Death God.

The weight disappeared. Spike’s scales were purple as the day he was born. His mind could ponder no thoughts, so his legs moved on their own to the throne. Upon approaching, Spike took a seat, and sighed as he closed his eyes.

“A wish, huh?” Spike muttered. “Than, I wish peace for myself.”

Spike felt nothing happen. His body had tensed just in case anything were to occur. So Spike opened his eyes, only to be greeted by his friends, who wore their elements around their necks.

They look sad.

They don’t feel like the the illusions from the previous floors. They actually seem like my friends.

“Twilight,” Spike said. The mare only frowned upon hearing the creature.

“Come on, girls,” Applejack commanded, her voice ready to break. The mane six looked at Spike. The look that Spike faced only once.

The look that said you had no future.

“Girls, wait!” Spike shouted. No one heard him, as the mane six lowered their head, and closed their eyes.

A wind circled the room, a whirlwind effect caused from elements of harmony. Spike clawed back into his seat, as if distance would offer him protection. He held out his claw before him, desperately asking them to: “Stop! Please, stop this!”

Twilight’s eyes opened her eyes - they were white with tears streaming down. With enough bundled power, she shot the magic at the dragon she called her brother.

Spike found trouble in breathing, his center becoming hard. His arms wouldn’t move; his legs unable to rise. The only think moveable were his eyes, and they saw how his scales were turning into stone.

Discord made it sound like you could still breath, that you could still think when you’re encased in stone!

Spike’s leaning stone body bore too much weight for the throne, as it toppled backwards - shattering. In Spike’s last moments, he saw his friends hovering over him, with such sad expressions. They looked at him in both disgust and sympathy. He looked back at them with this last thought:

I have no mouth, and I must scream.

Dash was the closest to Spike, her eyes before his emerald ones. The last thing Spike saw, before the world turned to stone, were Dash’s pink eyes.

Then Spike awoke, looking deep into the same eyes.