• Published 4th Aug 2015
  • 582 Views, 43 Comments

Tavi and Vi - Master Koschei



The sequel to Octavius, set three years after those events. Octavius and Viny's relationship has grown and matured in the past three years. But on their three year anniversary, Octavius gets the biggest change yet.

  • ...
1
 43
 582

Chapter 3

“Just knock already, hun,” Vinyl insisted, nudging Octavius closer to the door. Octavius shuffled forward a couple of steps, but his hand remained firmly by his side. Vinyl groaned and pushed him a little harder, making the man nearly fall into the door. “They’re my parents, Tavi,” she whispered. “They need to know sooner or later, and I think three weeks is long enough.”

Octavius turned nervously to look at her, then glanced back at the door. “Vinyl,” he hissed quietly. “This little coat I’m wearing isn’t bulletproof! And snow doesn’t stop bullets, either!”

“For the last time, dunce,” she groaned. “He’s not going to shoot you.”

Octavius gulped, not entirely convinced. He knew his black coat would stand out against the white snow, making him an easy target if he chose to run. But he also knew Vinyl would kill him anyway if he didn’t do this. He swallowed once more, took in a big breath, and knocked on the door.

The couple stood out in the falling snow for a few moments, waiting with bated breath. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the door swung open, revealing the familiar dimly lit interior. Missus Melody stood in the doorframe, smiling when she saw who was on her step. “Hello, you two,” she greeted them sweetly. “Come in, come in; it must be freezing out there.” She stepped aside allowing the two inside the home and closing the door behind them. Vinyl and Octavius muttered out a thank you, removing their coats and handing them on the pegs by the door.

Vinyl looked at her mother, smiling a bit nervously. “Mom, where’s dad?”

“He’s in the living room. Why?” Her mothers face grew concerned. “Is something the matter?”

“No no,” Vinyl assured her. “We just need to talk to the two of you.”

“All right, sweetie,” said missus Scratch. “Let’s go, then.”

As the couple followed the older woman, Octavius looked down at his clothing. Perhaps a white shirt hadn’t been a great idea. Bloodstains were hard to wash out. He took a deep breath to steady himself as they walked into the living room, seeing mister Scratch sitting on the couch staring at them. He smiled at their approach and stood, hugging Vinyl and shaking Octavius’s hand firmly.

Once all the greetings were through, everyone took a seat, mister Scratch in his chair, Vinyl, Octavius and missus Scratch on the couch.

“So,” mister Scratch began. “What brings you two here today?”

Octavius sat still as a log before Vinyl nudged him in the side with her elbow, causing him to clear his throat nervously. “Well, sir, um,” he stuttered out. “W-we have something to tell you.”

Mister Scratch leaned forward in his seat, clasping his hands together. “Go on, then,” he said, not taking his eyes off of Octavius.

“Well, uh,” the cellist said, stumbling through his sentence. “You see… Well, that is to say, um…”

Vinyl sighed and took off her glasses to look her dad in the eyes. “Dad, I’m pregnant.”

The silence in the room was crushing; the only was sound the ticking of the clock on the wall. Mister Scratch stared intently at Vinyl, then to Octavius, and back to Vinyl. He stood up from his chair, stepped in front of the couch, directly in front of the couple…

… And smiled.

“Congratulations, you two!” He pulled Vinyl up from the couch, hugging her tightly and lifting her up in the air. Missus Scratch jumped up, tears streaming down her smiling face. Octavius, meanwhile, was utterly shocked. Mister Scratch looked down at the cellist with a smirk. “Octavius, you two have been living together for three years.” He rolled his eyes. “I was honestly surprised you hadn’t shown up sooner.”

Octavius smiled, standing up and reaching to shake the older man’s hand, but mister Scratch shook his head. “Uh uh,” he said, spreading his arms. “You’re part of the family. So you’re gonna act like it.” Before the cellist could protest, the older man had pulled him into a tight bear hug. When Octavius was released, he was gasping for air. Mister Scratch simply laughed. “So am I having a grandson or granddaughter?”

“We don’t know yet,” Vinyl said as her mother hugged her. “We’ll find out in about a month or so.”

Missus Scratch grinned. “I’m so happy for you two!” She giggled. “Oh, we have to tell the rest of the family!” She hugged Vinyl again, then turned to Octavius and squeezed him tight, as well.

“So, mister Scratch –“ Octavius started, but was cut off by the older man scoffing.

“Please, you don’t need to be so formal, kid,” he said, waving a hand dismissively. “Just call me Mike.”

Octavius smiled warmly. “It’s a pleasure, Mike.”

A short time later, and after a few goodbyes, Octavius and Vinyl left the Scratch house.

“There,” said Vinyl, playfully elbowing Octavius in the ribs. “Was that so bad, mister grumpy face?”

Octavius rolled his eyes but smirked down at her. “No,” he said in a very over dramatic voice. “I suppose it wasn’t.”

“Dad didn’t even pull the gun on you,” Vinyl continued. “And he said you could call him Mike. I guess he likes ya, Tavi.” She grinned up at him, stopping in her tracks. “And you know what?”

“What?” Octavius stopped beside her.

She pecked him lightly on the lips. “I like you, too.”

“Well that’s good,” he grinned evilly. “Considering I’m paying most of the bills, and the fact that the bank wouldn’t lend you a penny for that house, and the fact that –“

Vinyl slugged him on the arm, glaring at him with a hint of a grin playing on her lips. “I said I like you, ya dork.”

Octavius laughed and pulled her into a warm hug. “Well I love you.”

Vinyl snuggled into his chest, wrapping her arms around his body and holding him close. “I love you too, Tavi.”

Author's Note:

OH GOSH GUYS I'M SOOOO SORRY!!!
Last week my niece was born, so I couldn't post then, and last night my internet was being ridiculous. But here it is, after all this time, chapter three. I hope you guys enjoy it, like you have the rest of the story. (And about Vinyl's dad's name, Mike, like microphone? *nervous laugh* sorry. And no, not Mic the microphone either.)
So yeah, hopefully you guys like it. If you do, let me know. It really helps me out. If not, tell me why so i can get better.
EDIT: Fixed it! Sorry I guess I accidentally posted the second chapter twice :/