• Published 4th Aug 2015
  • 582 Views, 43 Comments

Tavi and Vi - Master Koschei



The sequel to Octavius, set three years after those events. Octavius and Viny's relationship has grown and matured in the past three years. But on their three year anniversary, Octavius gets the biggest change yet.

  • ...
1
 43
 582

Chapter 11

I hear noises all around me, but I can’t wake up. They’re all yelling, calling out to each other in the dark. I try to raise my hand, to open my mouth, to blink my eyes, but I can do nothing. I know they’re talking about me, but I’m stuck here silent. I float in an endless abyss, and I think about nothing in particular.

I feel weightless here, weightless and free, no longer confined to my wheelchair. I float aimlessly, noticing a distinct presence of nothingness starting to engulf me. I try to stop myself from flying away, but the void pulls me. I start to panic, wondering if I’m going to die, but just as quickly as it came, the fear dissipates, and I wonder what I was so scared of to begin with.

Suddenly, in the darkness and nothingness that seems to stretch to infinity, I hear a voice, a very familiar voice, talking to me, saying my name, trying to call to me. I think I smile, but I’m not sure. I know it’s the nice man in the long coat. He’s trying to wake me up. That must be it; I simply fell asleep.

I try to direct myself towards the voice, which, if direction mattered anymore, would be coming from behind me. I strain against the immense pull of the void, and then I’m free, and I’m scared again, feeling as though I’m falling from so high up that I’ll be nothing once I hit the ground.

So I stop, stuck there suspended in between nothing and everything. I look both ways, or I think I do. One feels so scary, so full of uncertainty, and sadness, and pain. But the other seems free, warm and welcoming. I float there, pondering my decision. But then, through the nothing, I swear I hear him again, the man, the one who is always there. I swear I hear his kind voice, a voice I’ve heard almost everyday I can remember. Only now, that voice that was once so sweet and warm sounds so sad.

“Please,” he seems to be saying. “Don’t leave me yet, Ditzy. Please don’t go.” I think I blink, curious as to what his words mean. I recognize the name Ditzy, but it feels like so long since I’d heard it I nearly forgot who I belonged to. Then I realize that he’s talking to me, whatever I exactly am at this moment. And I think I start to feel sad, but like the fear, it’s so quickly gone it was almost never there.

“David,” someone says, a girl. She sounds so familiar, but no matter how hard I think, all I can come up with is blue. Everything around her was so blue. “I’m sorry.” And I hear…

…Crying.

Yes, that’s what that sound was called. It was crying. And it sounded so loud, almost deafening. I want to let them know that everything will be ok, but I still don’t know how to move, or how to get to them. I try as hard as I can to find the voices, but no matter how far I feel I have moved, in the end, I have gone nowhere.

I feel so small here where I am, and suddenly, I’m afraid again. But once more, I feel the fear try to ebb away; however, this time, I hold on to it. I know this is what will set me free from here, what will get me home to them and make them smile again. I’m not ready for the warm welcome into nothingness yet. I still think I have some more left to do. I want to go home. I want to see the blue girl, and the girl with the rainbow in her hair, and the man that makes the pretty music…

…And I want to see the man in the long coat again. I want to see David.

I want to see my doctor.

I struggle as hard as I can, feeling the pull to nothingness once more, but it doesn’t bother me anymore. I know where home is, and where I’m needed, and where I’m wanted. That’s where I want to be. So I strain with all my might, and I start to feel again. I feel the thing against my back, and the pin in my arm, and the clamp on my finger, and the mask on my face, and the monitor emitting its long high note beside me. I try with all that I’m worth to open my eyes, but they weigh so much. I feel so cold, as though I just got out of the snow. But I keep fighting.

And then the note changes, from one annoying note, to a steady rhythm of beep… beep… beep…

And my eyes become lighter, as they flutter open to let in the blinding light above me. And my head pounds so badly that I want to cry, but I don’t. I instead look around blearily, noticing the face gathered around me.

I see the blue woman, whose name is Vinyl. And I see the music man, whose name is Octavius.

And I see David. Whose name is doctor.

And I smile.

Author's Note:

OH GOSH PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!
Guys, I'm so so so SO sorry this took so long to get out; I've just had so much going on in my home life that I haven't found time to work on it. I'm trying so hard to get these out weekly, but I'm only one person. I hope you like this chapter, though; I know it's short, but I wanted to give some more insight in the character. All critiques and criticisms are welcomed and appreciated, and I will hopefully see you guys next week.