• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 427 Views, 3 Comments

Hidden Potential - Volt712



Waking up in a humanized Equestria, the Main 6 and I embark on an adventure to figure out why I ended up there and we stumble upon something bigger than we could ever imagine...

  • ...
11
 3
 427

5. The Fashionista

"Alright then, what are we waiting for?" I stood up. "Let's hit the road." I started walking towards the door, but before I reached it Twilight grabbed my shoulder.

"Wait, Nick." She said, giving me a look of annoyance. "If we're going to see Celestia, you need to at least look decent."

I had no idea what she was talking about until I looked at my outfit. I realized I was still in my pajamas from last night and unfortunately I don't have a change of clothes. Twilight must have been thinking the same thing because she grabbed a tape measure off of one her bookshelves and started to take my measurements.

"Hold on, isn't this Rarity's specialty?" I asked.

"Yeah." She answered, putting my arms into a T position. "However, I saw her take someone's measurements in an instant and I wondered how she did it so quickly. I asked her about it and she showed me how to do it." She knelt down to measure my legs. "I never thought that sort of skill would come in handy for me, but here I am measuring you." She stood up and wrote down my measurements. "Alright, that should be it. I'm gonna take your measurements to Rarity and she'll be able to stitch up some clothes for you. It shouldn't take long but if you need something to do, the TV remote is on the table and I have plenty of books." Twilight opened the front door and as she was walking out, she turned around and looked at me. "One more thing before I go. What kind of clothing and color do you prefer? Rarity will go on and on about how you don't have a fashion sense if I tell her to just make you anything and I really don't want to go through that."

I thought about this for a moment. "Normally I'd just go with jeans and a T-shirt, but if that's the case I guess I'll take a black and red overcoat as well." I've always liked the way overcoats look.

"Got it." She smiled and walked out.

Once Twilight left, my mind started to wander. I wondered if all of it could have been a prank, but I didn't have any friends so there wasn't really anyone who would prank me. I looked over at the bookshelf and an idea hit me. There was an unimaginable amount of books so there had to be one on parallel universes or different dimensions. I started scanning the bookshelf for anything close to my theory. At first I didn't find anything but I decided to go through the books a second time. Still nothing. I decided to give up and flopped on the couch. I didn't know what kind of TV shows there are in Equestria so I took the remote off the table and turned on the television. However, flipping through made me realize that I had no idea which channels had which shows. I must have taken longer than I thought because Twilight opened the door and walked in. And then someone else walked in behind her, holding a bag. She had curly purple hair, a sparkling red dress, a sunhat with a feather on it, and an extremely expensive looking necklace. No doubt about it, that was definitely Rarity.

"Why, hello there!" Rarity said as she walked up to me and held out her hand. "You must be Nick."

"That's right. It's nice to meet you Rarity." I reached my hand out and shook hers.

She handed me the bag. "Here are your new clothes. You're going to absolutely love them, darling."

"Thanks, Rarity. I owe you one." I said, smiling.

"Oh, think nothing of it, dear." She replied, smiling back.

Twilight pointed me in the direction of the bathroom. In the bag were jeans, a T-shirt, socks, boots, and the overcoat that I asked for. I changed and put my pajamas in the bag. I looked at myself in the mirror and the overcoat looked awesome. The design was flawless, it was super comfortable to wear, and it even had a hood. I walked out of the bathroom and went back into the living room. Rarity looked at me expectantly.

"Well, what do you think?" Rarity asked me with anticipation.

"What do I think?" I said, looking down at my outfit. "Hell yes is what I think! Your craftsmanship is outstanding!"

"I told you that you would love them!" She exclaimed and smiled happily.

Twilight started giggling. "All right you two. Nick, we should probably get going." She pointed towards the door.

"Oh, right." I remembered, we had to go see Princess Celestia. "So how are we getting to the castle?"

"I'd teleport us there, but the mind reading mishap earlier did a number on my magic. We're going to have to drive there."

Rarity gave Twilight a look of confusion. "But, Twilight you don't own a car." Rarity said, puzzled.

Twilight must have already thought of this because she immediately responded. "We know somebody who does though."

"Applejack." They both said in unison.

"Cool. Let's get going then." I said.

"Agreed." Said Twilight. She gestured Rarity and I to follow her.

Once we were outside, I took in the beauty of the town. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, and everyone walking around had smiles on their faces. However, something felt...off. Like something bad was about to happen.

"Um, Nick?" Said Twilight, getting my attention. "Has that always been on your hand?" She pointed to my right hand.

I took a look at the back of my right hand. "What the hell!?" I yelled in surprise. There was a glowing symbol on it. The symbol consisted of a circle with an X through it and a sword striking from top to bottom. It started to glow brighter. But before I could even try to figure out what the symbol was doing on my hand, there was what sounded like an explosion a couple blocks away. I looked to my left and there was smoke rising from where the sound came from.

"You guys see that too, right?" I said, in shock. They nodded. "Let's go!" I said and ran to the explosion site. They quickly followed after me.