• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 427 Views, 3 Comments

Hidden Potential - Volt712



Waking up in a humanized Equestria, the Main 6 and I embark on an adventure to figure out why I ended up there and we stumble upon something bigger than we could ever imagine...

  • ...
11
 3
 427

2. Completely New Stuff

I woke up with my head feeling like it was going to explode. My body hurt all over and I felt paralyzed. I could move but just barely. My eyesight was blurry and sounds were muffled. I managed to gather enough strength to sit upright. I let my senses adjust to the lighting and sounds. My headache started to go away when I sat up. Once the headache was gone, I was able to think clearly. I took a look at my surroundings and immediately started freaking out. This was definitely NOT my house. The walls were lined with books and the walls looked like they were made of wood straight from a tree. However, it seemed very familiar.

"Finally!" said a voice to my left. "I thought you'd never wake up."

I looked in the direction of the voice and saw a girl who looked about my age sitting in a chair reading a book. She had a purple streak in her hair and was wearing glasses.

"W-Where am I?" I asked, still trying to comprehend what's going on.

"You're in my home." Said the girl. "I found you lying in the middle of the road at two in the morning."

"The middle of the road!?" I replied, surprised. "How the hell did that happen? I clearly remember going to bed at twelve in my OWN house."

"Hey, I'm as confused as you are." She said. "Do you remember anything about last night? Anything at all?"

"I was just in my room playing video games and then I went to bed... And that's pretty much it." I answered. "I don't recall anything that would have caused me to end up in the middle of the road."

My stomach growled as if it was going to digest itself.

"You sound hungry." She giggled. Well she wasn't wrong. "Let me fix you something to eat."

"Thank you." I said.

I thought to myself. 'This is insane. I definitely went to bed in my room and this feels too real to be a dream. Wait a minute... The dream that I had last night... was that even a dream? It sure looked like one, but it didn't feel like one. Normally, my dreams are

The girl came back with eggs, bacon and a glass of milk. "Here you go, eat up. You look like you need to replenish your stamina." She was right. I felt extremely weak and I was barely able to move.

I ate like I didn't see food in weeks. For some odd reason, I felt really, really hungry.

"Wow, how long has it been since you ate?" She asked, tilting her head a little.

"It's only been a day." I replied. "I ordered a pizza yesterday, so I don't understand why I'm this hungry."

"Pizza? What's that?" She asked. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed. "Pizza is one of the best foods in the world!"

She looked at me like I was insane. "Well whatever it is, we don't have it here."

'This is crazy.' I thought to myself. 'Who doesn't know what pizza is? Even more so, what kind of place doesn't even serve it!? The other thing that's crazy is the fact that I have no idea what in the world is happening. Actually, I think I'm more scared than I am confused

When I finished eating I had many questions that needed answering, but before I could say anything the girl spoke up.

"So, what's your name?" Asked the girl. "If we're going to figure out what's going on, we need to at least introduce ourselves first."

'My name?' I thought.

I didn't know if it was a good idea to tell her my name. I'd never seen her in my life, I was sure of it. I For all I knew, she could have drugged and kidnapped me. However, she was the only one I'd seen since I woke up so I had no other choice than to trust her. Not only that, I was curious to know where I was.

"My name is Nick. How 'bout you?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle."