• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 427 Views, 3 Comments

Hidden Potential - Volt712



Waking up in a humanized Equestria, the Main 6 and I embark on an adventure to figure out why I ended up there and we stumble upon something bigger than we could ever imagine...

  • ...
11
 3
 427

4. Immunity

If Twilight could actually use magic, she might be able to use some sort of spell and see what happened to me overnight.

"Twilight, is there any way that you can figure out what happened last night by using magic?" I asked, feeling extremely hopeful. I was getting the feeling that last night's 'event' wasn't a dream at all.

She thought about this for a moment. "I suppose I could try a mind reading spell, but I'm not sure if it will help since you were sleeping when I found you."

"I'm willing to try anything at this point." I said. Twilight stood up and gestured me to do the same. We stood face to face and she started doing lightning fast hand motions. Her hands stopped and they formed a triangle. A purple glow began to form in the middle of it. I started feeling light headed, but relaxed at the same time, so I closed my eyes. I was letting Twilight go through my memories like they were in a filing cabinet and it felt relaxing for some reason. Like there was a warm blanket over my head. But, as soon as the feeling came, it was gone. I heard a loud 'THUMP' in front of me and opened my eyes to see Twilight sitting on the floor, staring at me wide-eyed and holding her head.

"What was... How did you..." Twilight scrambled, trying to find the words to say.

"Whoa, what happened Twilight?" I asked, reaching my hand out. She grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. She took a seat on the chair and I went back to the couch that I woke up on.

"This... This has never happened before." She said, clearly shocked. "I couldn't get through all the way. Some sort of barrier knocked me off my feet and I'm certain that it wasn't magic. It just felt like pure energy..."

"A... barrier?" I asked. "What do you mean?"

"When I dove into your mind, it felt like it was trying to keep everyone out." She went on. "There was something in your subconscious, hidden from everything else, but I'm sure wasn't a memory. It was like a caged tiger, ready to let loose at any second. I started to approach it, but before I could reach it, I felt a feedback in my magic and I was forced out."

"Any idea as to what it could have been?" I asked, extremely curious about this 'barrier.'

"I have no clue. I've never encountered anything like that." She replied.

"So, I guess this means I'm immune to magic." I said, feeling stumped.

"It sure seems like It." Twilight replied. "At least my magic, anyway.

This couldn't all be just a coincidence. There had to be something more to all of this. Then, I remembered a particularly interesting scientific theory that I researched when I was on my laptop a couple weeks ago.

"Twilight, do you know anything about the Multiverse Theory?" I asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" She said. Then, she had a sudden look of realization. "You can't possibly think you're from a parallel universe!"

"Think about it, Twilight." I went on. "The My little Pony you showed me is all about murders. And like you said, crime very rarely happens here. On the other hand, the My Little Pony that I know is all about friendship and stuff like that. But, where I'm from crime always happens. I'm thinking that my MLP represents your world, and your MLP represents my world."

Twilight looked as if she was in deep thought. She sat there in the same pose for what seemed like hours.

"Well, It's the only thing I can think of so far that makes sense. And I'm very curious about that energy barrier that knocked me back." She stood up. "We don't have any choice but to take this to Princess Celestia."