• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 1,848 Views, 18 Comments

MLP The Human Chronicles: Season 1 - The Mysterious Lombax



A human boy's life was miserable until now.

  • ...
14
 18
 1,848

Chapter 7: The Ambush

After a full day of relaxing with Rainbow Dash, Toby decided to walk around Ponyville. While walking around, some mares were staring at him and muttered about him.

"Sounds like they never heard about my species before." he thought.

Meanwhile, in a unknown location, a secret meeting was taking place.

"Monsters," one figure said. "We have come to discuss our plans for a long period of time. If we must eliminate the boy, we must distract him into a trap."

"Yes, but how we will do it?" another figure asked.

"We must watch his every move in order for a dead giveaway. That's the easiest way to rid of the boy." the first figure said.

"How about we try to break his friendship with his little friends first?" the other figure asked.

"Later. For now, we must lure him in a monster." the third figure said.

Toby Morrison walked down to Fluttershy's cottage to see what she's up to. He saw her feeding Angel and the other animals.

"So, the caretaker is suddenly like a mother nature?" Toby asked.

Fluttershy turned around and saw Toby approached her.

"Hey, Toby. I was about to have tea. Want to join me?" she said.

"Sure. Anything for one of my friends." he replied.

Fluttershy blushed in happiness as she and the boy went inside the cottage. However, Angel blocked Toby's path, giving him an unsure look.

"I don't think he likes me." Toby complained.

"Oh, that's just Angel being Angel. He not used to visitors." Fluttershy said.

A figure was watching Fluttershy and Toby in a crystal ball.

"Excellent. Now to lure him into my slug monster." he said, while snapping his fingers. A slug monster appeared in front of the figure, looking very angry.

"Your target is this!!!" the figure shouted as he pointed Toby in the crystal ball. The slug monster nodded, as he plodded away.

"Soon, I, Lord Tirek, will have my revenge on Equestria, and destroy Toby Morrison. MUAWHAHAHA!!!" he laughed.

Toby Morrison talked about his life to Fluttershy. Most of the time, she was all "Oh my, goodness!" and Toby had to soften the story to avoid making her crying.

"So your mother works in a glue factory?" she asked.

Toby cringed and knew this would get her scared. So he had to lie.

"Well, something like that. The way it works is by using juice and milk together and melt in in 2 hours." Toby explained.

Suddenly, some loud thumping can be heard and Fluttershy hid behind Toby.

"What was that?" she cried while shaking.

A huge slug monster slithered down to them.

"Fluttershy, stay back!" Toby commanded, as he got in front of the slug monster.

Toby punched the slug monster with all his might, but had no luck of making effort. The slug knocked him out, sending the boy flying.

"Toby!" Fluttershy cried as the slug monster stared her.

"Get the pony." Tirek's voice echoed in it's mind.

The slug monster grabbed Flutershy, and slithered off.

"Toby!" Fluttershy cried again.

Toby barely heard her and opened his eyes to see Fluttershy screaming while the slug monster slithers off with her. He tries to raise a hand, but then fell off.

"Wake up, you're not dead." a voice echoed.

"What?" Toby said.

Suddenly, another human touched Toby, frightening him.

"Who are you?" Toby Morrison asked.

"That doesn't matter. You must retrieve your friend." the figure said, while summoning a frying pan.

"Wha--?" Toby started, but got knocked out.

"That was a crazy dream." Toby said, as he found himself in the middle of the Everfree Forest. He suddenly found a yellow feather in a huge footprint.

"Fluttershy." he panted, while clutching the feather.

Suddenly, a loud "Eep!" was heard. Toby knew he was in the right path, but before he could go further, he saw the Mane Five running toward him.

"Why are you following me?" he asked. "I'm the one who's going to find Fluttershy!"

"Not without our help, you're not." Rainbow Dash protested.

"Wait, what?"

"Darling, haven't you seen that ruffian of a slug?" Rarity complained.

"You couldn't defeat that thing without us supporting you!" Pinkie said.

Toby knew there was no time to argue and decided to give in. "All right, you can help, but don't get hurt on my watch!"

This made the others have smiles. Toby gathered them up, and told them the plan. It'll be like the slug won't know what hit it.

Toby screeched at a stop at a abandoned factory. He saw Fluttershy attached to a chair, with some locks on her. He then sneaked up behind her, and got in front of her.

"Toby!" Fluttershy squealed, while trying to fly up, but her restraints were heavy.

"It's alright, Fluttershy. I'm here to get you ou--" Toby said, but stopped when he felt something oozy behind him. "There's a slug behind me, is there?"

Fluttershy nodded nervously as a giant slapped Toby somewhere. The slug ate a purple mushroom, causing it to turn small, and flew to the direction Toby landed on. The Pegasus tried to keep up, but her chair wouldn't let her go. Her friends arrived just in time. Rarity and Twilight used their magic to release her.

"Where is Toby?" Rainbow asked.

"He and that slug flew over there!" Fluttershy pointed to the direction.

"This is outrageous." Rarity commented.

Toby then woke up in a platform at a waterfall. He looked up behind him to see the slug monster transforming into a crazy dog.

"Not good." Toby muttered.

The slug-dog began the battle by jumping into nearby platforms. While doing this, it dropped several bombs downward. Toby, while looking across, managed to dodge the slug-dog, and then bumped a bomb. It started the countdown, and Toby jumped into another platform. Unfortunately for the slug-dog, it just came, and then the bomb just exploded. It started to turn mad, and let out more bombs while hopping around.

"This is madness!" Toby cried, as he continued to jump, avoiding the ambushes.

"Do you need help?" a voice called, as Toby turned to see the Mane Six above a hill.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." Toby said.

"Let's go!" Rainbow called, as she kicked some bombs into the waterfall. Toby took notice of this, and then bumped them, setting them off. As the slug-dog came, they exploded in his face. Now it was on to serious matters. The slug-dog began to throw more bombs and mines in the water, and threw ink at the mares while they tried to dodge them. Toby had enough of this foolishness, so he decided to grab a nearby bomb and threw it at the slug-dog. The slug-dog then laughed, before exploding.

"Nobody messes with my friends!" Toby cried, as he leaped out of the field.

"Well, this is lutacris." Pinkie said, before the others glared at her in dumbfounded.

"Looks like you been expanded dong like Donkey Kong!" Toby exclaimed to the slug-dog.

"Who?" Applejack asked.

"Never mind." Toby replied, before they all turned to see the slug-dog disintegrating. But it then grabbed Toby on the neck. His friends tried to help him, but no matter what they did, the slug-dog still kept on to Toby.

"You!" Fluttershy pointed to the slug-dog, while giving it the "Stare."

The slug-dog began to whimper at the sight of Fluttershy.

"You better let go of my friend, and don't you ever harm him or us again! Do you understand?!?"

The slug-dog nodded before letting go of Toby, and went on to crush itself with a huge boulder.

"Hey, Fluttershy. Thanks for the help with your friends. I appreciate it." Toby breathed.

"Thank you." she whispered, before squealing with joy.

"Well, maybe we could have a round of HayMacdonald's in the house?" Toby asked.

"Sure." the other said.

Toby then ran off to Ponyville while the other followed him.

"You've done great, kid. You've done great." Rainbow Dash thought.

"Curses!" Tirek growled. "First the ogre, now the slug?!? This isn't going well!"

"How about we take care of the boy?" a giant crocodile asked.

"'We'? Who's 'we'"? Tirek asked.

"Me and my reinforcements!" the crocodile said, as humans and reptiles appeared while growling.

"Wait your turn, King K. Rool. Wait your turn." Tirek smiled.

Comments ( 11 )

Pretty good. I know you love Crash and all but that song was so unfitting.

7014678 For the fight between Tobes and the big slug.

7014739 I don't know... I can't really order people to do things...

7014744 Well, what do you think would be a best boss music for Toby VS. The Slug?

7014759 Ok. As for the used second boss music, I'll use it under when Toby and Sophia (her reunited friend) encounter Krusha and the Kremlings.

7014766 Actually scratch that, that fight scene is too Crashish to not use that song: I kinda skimmed through the fight scene because I thought it would be the same kind of stuff from the original story, sorry. I still suggest using Enemy Attack for a more serious fight scene though. Sorry, goddamnit I'm sorry, I'm useless sometimes.

7014781 What do you mean "scratch that"?

7014784 Take back what I said about the song being unfitting, sorry.

Login or register to comment