• Published 17th Jul 2015
  • 1,013 Views, 43 Comments

Yak to the Future - hazeyhooves



The cultural ministry of Yakyakistan has decreed that season 5 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic needs more yaks and more smashing. They hope that you enjoy this new and improved version of historical events.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,013

Episode 95: SMASH & Balderdash

Apple Bloom shot her head up like a catapult. The familiar crow of the rooster calmed her down, and she took stock of her surroundings. She was in her bed, tucked under the blankets. Just like every morning.

She couldn't help but think of all her strange and frightening dreams. They jumbled around in her head and blurred together, but she made a mental note of them while they were still fresh in her memory. It seemed like the same crazy nightmare repeated itself, each time with some new twist.

As Apple Bloom reached the bottom of the stairs, she could smell fresh pancakes in the kitchen. She stepped into the room to see Applejack adjusting the skillet on the stove. The older sister smiled warmly and sang her lullaby.

There ain't no call to worry
So don't you cry or fret

Apple Bloom was struck by déjà vu. This kitchen. The family breakfast. The identical stack of pancakes.

“Wait a minute. This is just how all the other dreams started too! You can't fool me!”

Applejack paused her singing and raised an eyebrow at her little sister. “Uh, good mornin'?”

“This is another bad dream! And since I know it's a dream, that means I can do whatever I want!”

“Huh. You feelin' alright, sugarcube?”

“I've had it with these nightmares! I'm sick of learning some important lesson about cutie marks! And I'm really tired of this confusing dream recursion! ....er, I mean, inception!” Apple Bloom grit her teeth as every muscle running down her legs tensed up.

“What the hay's an inception?”

Apple Bloom exploded. “I'm gonna SMASH IT!”

She jumped onto the table and started with the pancakes. A few stomps with her hooves turned them into a layer of crumbs littering the floor.

“Hey now, Apple Bloom. If you wanted something different for breakfast, all you had to do was tell me.”

“And this house! It looks close enough, but I can tell it's another fake!” The filly flung herself through the walls and ceiling, tearing the structure down around her.

Applejack jumped out of the path of the falling roof in the nick of time. “What in tarnation?”

Applebloom furiously galloped down the dirt road heading to Ponyville until she came across a familiar building. “Why's the schoolhouse in my dream? Every time I dream about going to school, it turns into something nerve-rackin'! I'm gonna SMASH IT!” She catapulted her body sideways and punched a filly-shaped hole clean through the roof. Desks and chairs went flying from the inside, until all that remained of the school was the rickety skeleton of wooden beams.

Applejack's jaw dropped. “Big Mac, do you have any idea what's going on?”

“Nope.”

Apple Bloom slid into the center of town. Before her was the grandest structure in Ponyville, the tree-shaped crystal growth that formed Princess Twilight Sparkle's Castle of Friendship. “If this is a dream, I can just return everything to the way it used to be. Back to the good ol' days, before we had a weird, ugly castle looking over us all. I'm gonna SMASH IT!” Her hoof scuffed at the ground, scattering fresh earth. She aimed at the base of the castle and prepared her charge.

Applejack tried to stop her. “Apple Bloom! Wait! This ain't no dream!”

The apple-shaped mushroom cloud could be seen clear from the towers of Canterlot.