• Published 14th Jul 2015
  • 4,064 Views, 382 Comments

The Marks of War - DungeonMiner



A Warhammer 40k Xover. In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is only war. For three small fillies who knew only peace, this is a terrifying change. But there is hope for them. They can survive. But the Marks of War will change them.

  • ...
18
 382
 4,064

Epilogue

The Era of Harmony ended two hundred years after the return of the Crusaders. Equestria, at the time, was under the threat of war by the neighboring kingdom of Griffonstone. With every passing day, the Equestrian Guard, the world’s most formidable fighting force, was preparing, stockpiling power cells and their las rifles until the day would come.

And the day did come, and Discord's work proved itself.

Griffonstone did, in fact declare war on Equestria one day.

Griffonstone also surrendered the same exact day, when three figures marched into the Griffonstone palace.

The remaining kingdoms of the planet, terrified at Equestria’s power, quickly began to speak of joining the Princesses’ kingdom at the soonest possible moment.

Within another five years, Princess Celestia became Emperor Celestia, leader of a global kingdom of a thousand different races.

With these distractions out of the way, the First Imperial Era began with great leaps in technology, including the secrets of genetic modification, and the gene-seed implantation process.

Now, after another thousand years, a new Era was about to begin.

Apple Bloom, Mother of Ravens strode onto the great, open bridge of the great Wraithbone ship. “Status report!” she called.

A minotaur answered as he looked up from his console, dressed in a white robe. “My lady, warp generators seem stable and are charging. They will be ready to fire within five standard minutes.”

“Weapons systems?”

“Ready to fire!” a baby dragon answered from a different console, dressed in an identical robe.

“Gellar field?”

“Ready but unnecessary,” a voice said behind her, and Apple Bloom turned to see Sweetie Belle come to the bridge. “I installed it at your request, but I keep telling you there’s no need.”

“And you know me well enough to know that I would say that it is better to be safe.”

“Yes, yes, yes…Personally, I am more worried about the warp engines.”

“This is their first test,” Apple Bloom nodded.

“Oi! Wes ready ta go yet?” Scootaloo said, bursting onto the bridge, carrying her so-called “Big Choppa” on her shoulder.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. “Do you not know patience?”

A white-armored figure followed behind the pegasus, a black raven on a red field decorating his shoulders. “Forgive me, Mother,” the Space Marine said, “I tried to keep Lady Scootaloo from bothering you.”

Apple Bloom waved him. “Worry not, worry not. Simply return to your post and prepare as I taught you.”

“Yes, Mother,” the Space Marine said, before disappearing from view.

“Oi still fink dat da white don’t look as good,” Scootaloo said.

“I tend to agree,” Apple Bloom said.

“You just don’t like the fact that it’s made of wraithbone,” Sweetie said.

“I didn’t say that.”

“You thought it,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Oi! No foightin’ wifout me!”

“You stay out of this!”

A cough sounded behind them, and they all turned to see a zebra, dressed in the same robe as all the other workmen. “My ladies, the Warp engines all appear steady, we but wait for the word, are you now ready?”

Apple Bloom nodded. “Everyone to your stations. The time has come.”

A sudden flurry of activity filled the bridge, and lights lit up on consoles as they prepared their final checks.

“Sure it’ll work?” Scootaloo asked.

“It will either work, or nothing will happen,” Sweetie said, confidently.

“No explosions?”

“Incredibly unlikely.”

“Ladies,” Apple Bloom said, “if you will join me?”

They nodded.

“Warp engines fire! For the Emperor!”

And with those words, the great, cathedral-shaped, wraithbone ship, The Crusader, disappeared, into the warp.

---=][=---

“No army is big enough to conquer the galaxy. But faith alone can overturn the universe.”—Imperial Thought of the Day


And this has been The Marks of War.

"Whoo! Story's done!"

Now, as promised, a new project is coming down the tubes, but that is a ways away. In the meantime, I would like to thank you for reading, and we'll see you next time.

"Bye!"


The above story is a work of Fanfiction, using the characters and setting of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as created by Lauren Faust and owned by Hasbro, as well as the characters and settings from Warhammer 40k as owned by Games Workshop. I do not own the characters of the aforementioned property, and I am in no way benefiting financially from this work. Likewise, it is in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited or Fantasy Flight Games. 40k, Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Dawn of War, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, GW, GWI, the GWI logo, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Ultramarines, Warhammer 40k Device, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All images and instances on this website used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners. Please support the official release.

Comments ( 50 )

Great story, now we only need a sequel.Please:fluttercry::applecry::pinkiesad2:

I wonder what is the next project?

This was EXALLENT!!!! One of the best Crossovers I've ever read!:raritystarry:

I would love to see the look on Gabriel's face if the Crusaders showed up with their own army. I can also imagine Alpharius and Omegon going "Hey! You made it!"

On that note. Something that didn't click last chapter. They're both still alive. That's pretty cool.

You do realize that Space marines do sleep they can just stay awake for a few weeks at a time.

Tell me!!! Will thete be a sequel?:fluttercry:

I want to see more!!!:twilightangry2:

Why did it have to end...:ajsleepy::fluttercry::pinkiesad2::applecry:

Well. That project. It's a thing.
...
farm3.staticflickr.com/2554/4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg
Looking forward to more. Keep up the great work. Deus tecum.

This was awesome pretty sure i'll re-read later down the line.

It's always the Alpha Legion! Even if there is no way it is the Alpha Legion, that means it's definitely the Alpha Legion!

(Didn't Omegon become the first Grand Master of the Grey Knights, or is that just speculation at that point? Of course, the Alpha Legion story line in the HH series is convoluted as fuck...)

7558003
Who says he isn't also the Grand Master of the Grey Knights? At the same time?

7557519
No, no sequel. That's it. The end.

7558178 :pinkiegasp:

:rainbowderp:No...


:raritydespair:please no....

:applecry:no, no, no, no,no~oooo....

really?:fluttercry: please no, there has to be sequel.... i don't want it to end.... there's so much potential for more.:ajsleepy:


Now i'm sad....

7558336
Alright, let me ask you a question, then.

What would happen now?

The story, if any, would be solely focused on AB, SB, and Scoots kicking everything's butts, and not much else. They are way too OP to really continue. I'm sorry, but the tale in this, is told.

Awww! It's over already?

Shame. I would have liked to have read more.

Though, if there was a sequel, even though you said there wasn't, I wonder how it would go?

Perhaps they meet a force that halts Equestria's advance into the stars? Maybe they encounter some horrible menace? Idk
Great story though!

7558345 but will we meet them anymore? anywhere else?

7558423
People are welcome to write Spin-offs.

7557772 Sleep and REM sleep are two different things.

7557405 Have you read their tabletop rules for 30k? They're stupid.
"Ah yes, you and I have the same kind of unit in reserve. Oh, you called in that unit? I think you called in....
MY UNIT!!! ALPHARIUS!!!!"

7558177 Curse you Alpha Legion! Somehow responsible for everything that happens in the galaxy!

7579965
Both is the correct answer.

Man, if all they were preparing for was a single day war with the griffons, talk about overkill.

The rest of the pony universe is going to be very firmly befriended.

If you right a sequal where the crusaders go back to the 41k verse and help alphious with his plan.

7659062
The Return of the Primarchs project is huge. There are tons of people working to get this thing off the ground, to undertake that myself is suicide at best.

7659509 we can possibly make a group to follow the story line of the project and in some way impliment it into the story.

7659728
I didn't understand that comment. But, in case I possibly did, there is supposedly a 4chan forum about it.

7665190 all we'de have to do is get all of the plot points from the return of the primarchs and some how implement it to the marks of war story line.

7666227 lol i already had the website bookmarked.

Sequel? Please?

I'm surprised Scootaloo isn't leading an army of Porks (pony orks). Orks do not need to die in order to spread spores, they secrete them through their skin as well.

Some day, i will read this for a third time. Likely more than that even.

This is just too good to read only twice.

Great story. Would love to read a sequel describing some of the events regarding the 'War' with the Griffons, and maybe some of their adventures across the galaxy.

8449583
Hmmm.... I guess depending on the person, it can be viewed as a blessing or a terror. For most Imperial citizens, it'll definitely be terrible when Da ShootaScoota WAAAGH! Rides their supah sneaky purple Kroosah straight into the planet. On Celestia's side, it could be a great boon, as she'd have a self-replicating army at her hooves.

And for Rainbow Dash... it's iffy. On one hand, she'd be mobbed by a horde of Scootaloos. On the other, She's being mobbed by a horde of musclebound green super beasts that could crush her in a hug.

All just different sides of perspectives.

And now I'm imagining a Scootaloo WAAAGH! Including a Gargant riding a giant motorcycle with dakka galore. And it is a marvelous sight indeed

8830834
reason i ask is, i am new to the game but i would like to learn. as well as create my own army of Chaos taking from a wide array of the Ruinous Powers just so i have variety in my units. any time i craft an army, adaptability is inevitably my military doctrine, that way is plan a flops, i can go to a plan b...

8830855
Honestly, that sounds like just a standard chaos marine army. It's only in the specific daemon armies that actually swear allegiance to an actual chaos god. At least, as far as I understand.

8831147
yeah, but im trying to get all of them to play nice with each other...from what ive researched from various (often contradictory sources) that doesnt usually work...

"In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way."

7558345
a more detailed account of the interim would be nice.
or perhaps a one off about them reuniting with their friends in the other universe.
or a star trek esque series about them exploring the far reaches of the universe, encountering strange and mysterious creatures.
the sky's the limit, although considering we're dealing with space travel, perhaps that's a poor choice of words

u know, i was thinking...with the advent of the Student Six...there my be new roads for a sequel...

That was fun to read, if there is one thing i feel is missing, it is more chapters back in equestria. *Hint* *hint*:pinkiesmile:

I just finished reading this and all I have to say is



Fucking... Alpha... Legion.

This really was done outstandingly and I am confused as to how I did not find this story earlier. I can only thank the new search system that filters out the garbage stories for this. I haven't looked at yoyr page to see if there is a sequel to this yet but I for one would like to see them return to the 40k verse and exterminate chaos.

I have just one thing to say... Sequel!

7658439
there's no such thing as overkill, only open fire and reload.

9461317
Indeed, but you are wrong, not open fire, and reload, it's launch the warheads, and destroy their planet.

I came back to this story...5(?) Years later and ive got to say. Holds up.

It was a great story.

For the Emperor!!!

Login or register to comment