• Published 12th Jul 2015
  • 2,017 Views, 21 Comments

The Magic of Friendship - sstwins



What would have happened if Twilight Sparkle had decided to attend Moondancer’s party? An alternate version of the first episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
0
 21
 2,017

Epilogue

Celestia was correct, and there was a huge celebration happening in Ponyville. Everyone cheered as the alicorns came in, and Princess Celestia introduced Princess Luna as her sister. Twilight and Moondancer snuck in behind them, still not ready to be greeted by so many ponies.

The party stretched on throughout the day, and even though Twilight and Moondancer didn’t know any ponies they still had a great time talking to each other. There were a few ponies that Twilight found herself watching, though. The magenta pony who they had run into when they first arrived in Ponyville, who seemed to be the party’s organizer. A pair of pegasi, one yellow with a pink mane and the other light blue with a rainbow colored mane. The second appeared to be encouraging the yellow pegasus to talk to ponies they encountered, though she would only say a few words before disappearing behind her long mane. An orange earth pony who was supplying the party with various apple-related snacks, and a white unicorn mare with a pattern of three diamonds as her cutie mark. When Twilight looked at them, she felt like she knew them somehow. But that was ridiculous. She’d never been to Ponyville before, and the five ponies were complete strangers to her. Still, she couldn’t help but cast glances at them every so often.

Late in the evening the party had died down, and the two mares prepared to take a coach back to Canterlot. Just outside of the coach, Moondancer gave Twilight a hug.

“Thank you so much, Twilight. For everything.” Her eyes shone the tiniest bit.

“No, thank you, Moondancer.” Without Moondancer, Twilight never would have been able to stop Nightmare Moon. And she might have never made a friend.

“I’m so glad you’re my friend,” Moondancer whispered.

“Me too.” Twilight gave her one last squeeze before they walked into the coach.

They were flying above Ponyville when Moondancer spoke again.

“Imagine what would have happened if you had never come to my party!”

Twilight shook her head. “I don't even want to think about it!”

The two laughed and gave each other another hug as they headed back to Canterlot, leaving Ponyville behind them. And though Twilight still had an itching feeling that she was leaving something behind back there, she felt only promise as she looked ahead to the future with her new friend Moondancer beside her.

Comments ( 17 )

i like it and sstwins are you going to write a sequel for this story

*Round of Applause* Great story, Sstwins! Great story! It was really good, and I'm surprised you made this AU event. :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy: :rainbowdetermined2:

6194803 Wow, thank you so much! I saw the prompt for the Writer's Training Grounds and I just thought it would be a really interesting idea to explore! :pinkiehappy:

6194808 Thank you very much!

I actually wasn't planning on making a sequel for it, but now that you mention that, it would be an interesting idea! I'll have to think about it! :heart:

And thank you so much for the follow!!! :twilightblush:

6194909 Thank you for reading and commenting!!! I'm really glad you liked it! :scootangel:

6195353 your welcome two times and ok

And the Elements of Harmony were never recovered. So in one year, Discord will reign. :yay:

Unless, of course, Twilight Sparkle, Moondancer, Lyra Heartstrings, Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts recover the Elements first!

(There's a sequel idea!)

Hmm, interesting take. I like it :pinkiehappy:

Although... since they didn't get the elements, now Discord is gonna take over :pinkiecrazy:

6389192
I'm not sure about that. Didn't Discord only get unleashed because his bindings started to crack when the Elements attuned to new wielders? Since that never happened, they should be fine on that front. The Elements didn't help against Chrysalis or Sombra at all, either, so it's possible for Twilight and Moondancer to face them without the Elements.

When the Plunder Vines hit Ponyville, they'll need to try to revive the Tree of Harmony, though.

6978309 wasn't their link broken when Tia banished Luna and thus the elements abandoned them. From then it was only s matter of time till he could break out. At least that what I get from Celestia lines in return of harmony

first fanfic i ever read drunk, (i usually neck whisky... that makes it hard to read.) and i couldn't stop giggling throughout.

i love alternate takes on cannon plots, weather something like this or something like twi-dragon, or including shimmer, its always interesting to see it re-imagined.

Just found this, and I like the unique take on the Friendship is Magic premiere. No Elements of Harmony to save the day, no fighting, just two mares using the true power of friendship to save the day.

Surprised I hadn’t come across this before. Interesting read.

And then the show became "The adventures of Twlight Sparkle and Moondancer"

Twilight shook her head. “I don't even want to think about it!”

...
Sadly this timeline seems to become distorted after this
There's no way to continue without the elements

Login or register to comment