• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 1,494 Views, 19 Comments

Love Prefers Twilight to Moonlight - Charcoal Breeze



Moondancer fell in love with Twilight Sparkle. That was her first mistake of many.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,494

Chapter 5

Crickets chirped outside the window. Bright moonlight flowed into the room. The bedsheets were an absolute mess. But those weren't what was keeping Moondancer awake.

She sat up, her vision blurred without her glasses on. She stared at the fuzzy shape of the bottle at her windowsill, filled with a pale pink liquid. It could change everything. It could seriously hurt someone...but Moondancer decided she was willing to go that far for Twilight's love.

Moondancer lifted the bottle with telekinesis as she jumped down from her bed. She took soft hoofsteps towards her door. It let out a long creak as she pulled it open. She flinched at the noise in such quiet surroundings, but proceeded to walk out and place the bottle on the table, with a soft thud and a little swishing of the liquid inside.

Just then, she heard somepony approaching. She glanced to the side to see Twilight Sparkle. How convenient, she thought, and hated herself for it.

Twilight let out a soft yawn. It was so cute. "What's that drink?" she asked, her quiet words slurring together slightly.

"Did I wake you up?" Moondancer whispered.

Twilight smiled. "No. Something else did." Moondancer panicked for a moment--If she heard me come out of my room, she'll be so suspicious--but then Twilight added, "Pinkie almost pushed me off the air mattress in her sleep. She didn't mean to, of course. She just tends to move around in her sleep a lot. Anyway, what's in that bottle?"

Moondancer glanced downward. I have to lie. I don't want to lie to Twilight, but...I want her to love me so badly. "I've...been practicing brewing potions. I made this one to help me sleep. I could use it tonight."

"Can I try it?" Twilight asked.

Moondancer's heart raced. "Of course. Just leave some for me, okay?" Her heartbeat quickened, realizing she could regret those words soon.

Twilight pulled off the cork in the bottle with her magenta magic, and pulled the bottle itself closer to her. Moondancer couldn't help but bite her lip as Twilight touched her mouth to the opening of the bottle and took in a soft slurp of the potion. She looked over at Moondancer, and instantly lost her grip. The glass bottle flew to the floor and smashed against it, a pale pink river flowing from inside over the glass shards and and pooling into a puddle, in a matter of seconds.

Twilight couldn't move, or speak. Her heart was racing. She couldn't even think properly. She was almost...hypnotized by Moondancer. She couldn't tear her eyes away from the shimmering violet ones of Moondancer. As the cream-colored unicorn spoke her name in a soft, low voice, Twilight wanted to take a step closer, but she couldn't. She was paralyzed.

And Twilight began to forget. Why was she standing here? What time of day was it? Where was she? She only focused on Moondancer, who called her name again, this time more frantically.

She couldn't look away. She didn't want to look away. But she had to, because suddenly, she fell to the ground.

"Twilight!" Moondancer rushed over, wincing as she stepped on the glass pieces from the shattered bottle, and pressed her hoof to Twilight's chest. She flinched, startled by how quickly Twilight's heart was beating. And Moondancer's own heart started to match that pace. What am I supposed to do? The antidote for the original potion wouldn't work with this, would it?

She heard hoofsteps and looked up to see Pinkie approaching, staring down at Twilight's unconscious body. The earthpony blinked in bewilderment for a moment, then ran over to lay down beside Twilight. "What happened to her? Is she okay?"

"I-I don't know," Moondancer stuttered. Yes you do, she told herself silently. You gave her a rigged potion that could possibly kill her, all because you were selfish. You're one step away from raping her. "I wanted to give her a potion I made to..." She couldn't finish. She didn't want to lie, but there was no way she was telling Pinkie that she had intended to steal her girlfriend. "I should have tested it. I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

In a second, Moondancer felt something wrap around her. It was Pinkie, hugging her. For a moment, they sat there in the dark kitchen silently. Moondancer realized Pinkie was trembling...or maybe that was Moondancer herself. The unicorn felt something fuzzy touch her ear. Then Pinkie released her. "What do we do?" she asked quietly.

It was so unusual to see Pinkie so quiet and calm, but Moondancer set that aside. "Could you...find some help? I'm going to look to see if I can find anything useful in the books I have."

Pinkie nodded. She was an earthpony, so she had to awkwardly drag Twilight out of the kitchen and, as gently as she could, throw her onto the air mattress. A little air seeped out. She made a note not to tell Twilight whenever she woke up.

Would she wake up?

She couldn't worry about that now. Getting herself worked up would only delay getting Twilight help. And if she didn't get Twilight help, she could slip into a coma or even die.

Pinkie hurried out of Moondancer's house. It was about midnight. When she left Moondancer's gloomy yard, she suddenly realized she didn't know where the hospital in Canterlot was, which was probably the worst case scenario. Maybe she could just yell into the streets, but that would probably only get ponies annoyed. Oh well. It was worth a try.

Thankfully, for the sake of everyone in the neighborhood, Moondancer opened the door behind her to say, "Come back in. I think she's fine, she's waking up."

Moondancer didn't wait to see if Pinkie was following her. She turned and trotted over to where Twilight lay, her sleepy eyes blinking in the darkness. She looked over at Moondancer, then flinched, letting out some kind of whispery yelp, her eyes widening in surprise before relaxing again.

"Um, did...did I scare you?" Moondancer asked, chucking timidly.

Twilight smiled sheepishly and nodded. "Yeah. Where's Pinkie?"

Oh, thank Celestia. She remembers who Pinkie is. Before Moondancer could answer Twilight, the pink pony herself jumped up next to Moondancer, startling Twilight again, though this time she only twitched back silently.

"Are you hurt?" Pinkie asked, her calm demeanor dissipating immediately. "Did you lose your memory? Did you slip into a nightmarish coma and--"

"Whoa, calm down, I'm fine." Twilight stretched her neck to kiss Pinkie's nose, silencing her. It was a soft, quiet kiss, like a fuzzy whisper, and Moondancer felt herself yearning again. "What time is it?"

"It's...still nighttime." Moondancer glanced out the window, which she'd cleared of dust just the day before. Princess Luna's bright moon was still watching over Canterlot. "I...guess I'm not that good at making potions." It was an understatement and she knew it. I'm such an idiot. I'm never doing that again. Never.

"Well, it must've worked right away. I don't remember anything after I drank it." Twilight then blinked, as if in realization, and glanced at Pinkie. "But, why did you get out of bed?"

Moondancer was hoping Pinkie wouldn't say anything, but--"Because you just fell to the floor! And your heart was super fast! I thought you were hurt!"

"Really? That's...odd...I'd think that would prevent me from sleeping."

The pale beige unicorn could not bring her eyes up again. She seems fine, but what's going to happen between us? Why was she looking at me like...the way I see her...?

Author's Note:

this is the worst thing i have ever written i swear to god i can't write anyone in character this is the worst day of my life
(^ i wrote that like a year ago. sorry i haven't updated in so long. it's hard for me to write these fanfics when the show is on hiatus. now it's not which is pretty nice)

Comments ( 4 )

day 276. moondancer still isn't a character option

So will Moondancer eventually come to terms with twilight loving pinkie by the end of the story?

7522663 first of all sorry for not coming on here for 5 months lmao
i can't answer this without spoiling it. but if you're desperate to know you can pm me or something

I'm cancelling this story because I'm switching sites. Please read my blog post for more details!

Login or register to comment