• Published 6th Jul 2015
  • 304 Views, 2 Comments

Becoming Scootaloo - EveryponyWants2Love



A orange filly goes on a quest to discover her past.

  • ...
 2
 304

Chapter One

Author's Note:

I know, long chapter. More should be coming soon, this isn't' the end! Constructive criticism on how I can make this better. Thank you :twilightsmile:

"The bus is here!" Swirly Pop yelled in Scootaloo's ear. Scootaloo covered up the noise of her annoying roommate with her hoof.

"The bus is here!" Swirly yelled once more.

"I heard you, OK?!" Scootaloo snapped. Swirly Pop sighed.

"You've been sleeping forever. The bus is here! School is starting in twenty minutes!" Swirly yelled. Scootaloo threw a pillow at the reluctant unicorn. It hit Swirly's light blue coat. She glared at Scootaloo.

"Fine. Last time I care," Swirly said, walking out with her head held high. Scootaloo sighed. She grabbed her helmet off the side of her bed and grabbed her scooter out in the front.

"Have a wonderful time at school fillies and colts!" Sincerity smiled. Sincerity was a super loving mare, and the owner of the orphanage Scootaloo stayed.

"Scoots," Sincerity said, her voice serious. Scootaloo galloped over to her. "I talked with Rainbow Dash. She said she'd be more than happy to do some tricks with you. She said you're like her little sis." Sincerity gave a sweet smile.

"You're the best," Scootaloo said, hugging Sincerity. The school bus in the distance gave a blow and skidded down the street.

Scoots grabbed her scooter and zoomed out of the building.

"Don't get into any trouble!" Sincerity called. Scootaloo smiled.

...

"Mah mama was named Sweet Apple. And mah daddy named our farm Sweet Apple Acres. Mah mama gave me this bow, but sadly, she can't be with ya'll today. She's watching with the angles," Apple Bloom said. The whole class clapped.

"Very nice, Apple Bloom," Cheerilee said, wiping a tear from her eye. "Now... Diamond Tiara?"

Diamond Tiara stomped up to the front of the class, her hoof holding a light pink mare who had purple hair.

"This is my mother, Gemmi Light. She's the owner of Every Bit Bank. She is very rich and so is my daddy and when I grow up I'll be rich too. She's hardworking and I really love her," Diamond boasted. Gemmi smiled and was every bit as selfish as her daughter. Gemmi and Diamond bowed and exited the room.

"Very good, Diamond Tiara!" Cheerilee complimented.

The compliment made Gemmi and Diamond's heads go higher.

"Beat that Scoots," Diamond said while walking by. Scoots ears flopped to the ground.

"Scootaloo?"

Scoots walked slowly up to the front of the room.

"Um... my mom died when I was one and I still don't remember her...." Scootaloo fumbled with her hoofs, "My dad died when I was two... I don't know much about them... but... my mom wrote her will in the hospital. It um... it was ripped in half. One half went to me and the other went to my older sister. I don't know who my older sis is but she got adopted when she was thirteen."

"How about you read us the note, Scootaloo?" Cheerilee asked. Scoots nodded.

"Um... OK," she pulled out the crumbled piece of paper, "It, um, it says...

My dearest Scootaloo...

I'm gonna miss so much, aren't I? Your first crush... date... your wedding. I'll never forgive myself. I'm sorry you had to be in the crash. You're too young to not deserve a mother. You deserve the world. Just remember your father will take good care of you. He loves you every bit as much as I did. Your big sis will have your back... I love you.

Your loving mother, I'll never forget you baby!

Fyre Flye

Tears dripped down Scoot's face. Cheerilee noticed.

"You may sit down, now, Scootaloo," Cheerilee said. And Scootaloo sat down, nodded her head, and bawled.

...

"Hey, kid," Rainbow Dash exclaimed to the sad Scootaloo who was walking down the road. Hearing RD's voice, Scoots wiped away a tear that trickled her face.

"O-oh, hi Rainbow Dash," Scoots said, acting all cool. "Sincerity said you'd teach me some flying tricks...?"

"Yeah, who else would teach ya? AJ? Or, hm, Fluttershy? You're learning it from the best, kid!" Rainbow Dash beamed. Scoots smiled. "Okay, kid. Let's fly up to that cloud. Then we'll begin."

"Oh, um..." Scootaloo took out her wings. She tried to flutter them, but she only went up about five inches.

"Whaddaya waiting for?" RD called from the cloud.

"I'm kinda a slow flyer! Be up in a minute!" Scoots responded, Or maybe I'm no flyer at all!

"Hurry up! This cloud is so fluffy I might take a nap if you take a hour!" RD said. Scoots flapped her wings once more. Nothing. She tried again, this time getting her about one foot.

Just keep trying! She thought. She fell to the ground. Before taking off again, she thought how far the cloud was. A small cloud could be very low to the ground, around only ten feet. This cloud looked like two yards or maybe more.

"Hurry up!" Rainbow Dash called. Scoots broke into a sweat, and flapped her wings some more. She was so close... only a foot off from the cloud. Quickly, she grabbed the cloud with her hoof, pulling herself up.

"There you are!" Rainbow exclaimed, "It took you like, forever!"

"Well, at least you're not an old mare!" Scoots joked. RD gave a small chuckle.

"Good one, kid. OK, so you know how to fly?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"More or less," Scoots replied. Dash nodded.

"I hope for more," Rainbow Dash mumbled. "We'll start with the basics, stuff kiddies learn in Flight School, alright?"

"Gotcha," Scoots said. Rainbow Dash put herself in her 'ready' position.

"Why do you always do that?" Scoots asked.

"It gives me an extra boost, so I can beat the suckers!" RD responded. Scoots laughed and positioned herself in the 'ready' form.

"We'll start with the loop-t-loop," RD said. Scoots looked down on the ground and gulped. Gemmi and Diamond where watching. Along with Silver Spoon and her mom Photo Finish.

"Doing great Scoots!" Diamond cheered. She giggled and butt bumped Silver Spoon.

RD seemed to noticed and Scoots and her sighed on cue.

"Ignore the haters, Scoots. They only drag you down," RD stated. She patted Scoot's back. Scoots nodded, even though it was really hard to ignore Diamond and SS's harsh comments.

"Now, are you in you're 'ready' position?" Rainbow asked. Scoots nodded. "Ready... set... go!"

RD took off with record speed, loop-t-looping through the cloud hoops. She came back with thirty seconds left to spare!

"Wow, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo admired, "You are REALLY fast!"

"I know," Rainbow Beamed. "You try."

Scoot's whole body went numb. Looking down from the ground, the cloud looked like she was a thousand feet in the air. But, really, she knew only about two yards.

"Don't sweat kid," RD said, "You can make this, you can make anything." Scoots nodded, although she was a little unsure whether she would make it our not. She unfolded her wings and gave them a little flutter. She was soon lifting off the ground, and then she picked up some speed.

Come on, Scoots. You can do this! she thought to herself. The more she believed, the faster she became. she went through the first ten hoops without a sweat. Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara looked stunned from the ground with shocked expressions. So focused on how ridiculous the trio looked, Scoots didn't even see the next hoop, the final hoop.

BANG! Scoot hit the side of the ring and fell to the ground. The short fall didn't do much damage, just cuts. But her back ached so bad from the sudden fall.

"Ouch..." Scoots said.

"Ha ha!" Diamond said, "I thought you would actually pull that off! Ha! I knew that a chicken like you would never be as good as your mother, former captain of the Wonderbolts. Huh, kinda lucky isn't she? She missed out on you being a total FAILURE!" Silver Spoon and Diamond butt bumped and laughed their evil laughs while walking away. Scoots now had an aching pain in her heart.

"Scoots, ignore the-" Dash began.

"No! Rainbow Dash, that might work on you, because everypony loves you! You have so much coolness and a family to support your dreams! I have nothing but my stupid flightless wings!" Scoots yelled.

"Now, Scoots, I know how you-"

"No! No! No! No! You don't know how I feel! You never lost someone, two ponies as important as I have. Orphaned at age two and neglected by five foster homes! All I want is a family, ya know? But you don't know!" tears trickled down the orange filly's face. RD held back tears of her own.

"Scoots, I-" RD started, "You're right. I don't know."

"I-I-I... I just wanted to have my mom and dad be proud of me..." Scoots said, tears pouring down her face. RD hugged the orange filly close. "I, I just want a home!!!"

"Scoots-"