• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 1,794 Views, 51 Comments

Love Is Like A Cure - chillbook1



A collection of shorts detailing the lives of Rarity and Twilight after a freak disease brought the two together.

  • ...
15
 51
 1,794

Curse of Endearment

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza was being uncharacteristically smug, and her husband most certainly noticed. She constantly had this knowing grin on her face, and she would sometimes look at Shining and laugh because, apparently, he wasn’t in on the joke. He waited all day for a moment alone with the princess, but, whether due to bad luck or Cadence’s earlier meddling, the two were seldom alone for more than ten seconds. It wasn’t until four, when they were awaiting a meeting with Fancy Pants and his wife, did Shining find the time to talk to Cadence.

The two were in the Crystal Empire’s throne room, which was, in essence, a long, tall hallway. There must’ve been twenty windows carved into either wall, from the door to the throne. Sitting in the tall crystal throne, wearing a soft pink silk dress that was far too expensive for her taste, was Princess Mi Amore Cadenza herself. To the right of the grinning princess was her husband and head guard, Shining Armor. As the day was dying down, Shining Armor had traded his normal purple armor for a pair of work jeans and a short-sleeved black t-shirt (though he did still have his sword attached to his belt). This was done partly for Shining’s own comfort, and partly because Cadence had made an offhanded comment about wanting to see the results of Shining’s workout regiment more often.

Cadence looked at her husband, admiring his physique for a bit. When she had first met Shining, she only really saw your typical brutish jarhead. She never expected a funny, sensitive, intelligent man to become the head of the guard, especially as quickly as he did, nor did she think that she’d end up marrying him. Life, and love, was funny in that way. Even the Princess of Love could miss things.

But she hadn’t missed this, which is why she was currently snickering in Shining Armor’s general direction.

“Alright, seriously, what’s so funny?” asked Shining, crossing his arms. “You’ve been chuckling all day. I’m starting to think you’re laughing at me.”

“Oh, yeah, I sure am,” snickered Cadence. “Because I noticed first, which means I win the bet!”

Shining Armor was a very competitive man. This was relatively well-advertised. What was more of a secret, however, was that Princess Cadence was just as competitive, if not more. In the past month alone, they had manufactured several bets, wagers, and contests over normal, everyday household tasks. Shining Armor had no clue which one she was referring to.

“The bet?” asked Shining normally. Oh no. What could he have possibly agreed to?

“Coupons,” said Cadence plainly. It all came back to the guard; A few months ago, Cadence and Shining had made a bet about Twilight, and when (if ever) she’d start pursuing love. Shining Armor was positive that Twilight would willingly remain single until around age 30, give or take a year. Cadence, however, was positive that she’d find someone that very year. The stakes were relationship coupons (free hoofrubs, dishes duty, etc.) for every month off the mark the loser was. In short, Cadence had a lot of coupons to redeem.

“Really?” asked Shining excitedly. He didn’t even care that he lost; He was so happy for his sister. “Who? I can’t believe she hasn’t told me yet! This must be payback for the wedding… But who is it?!”

“Guess,” said Cadence, feeling Shining’s excitement infect her. She loved Twilight just as much as Shining did, so she was ecstatic to see her happy with someone.

“Hm… If Big Mac wasn’t in the picture, I’d assume Cheerilee…” said Shining, tapping his chin in thought. “Hm… There’s Minuette… Lyra, assuming the rumors aren’t true about her and Bon-Bon… Wait a sec! Is she dating one of the girls?”

“Yup.”

“Oh, this is easy! Not Rainbow, she’d drive Twilight nuts. And she’s surprisingly straight. Not Pinkie, either,” listed Shining. “I doubt that Twilight could get into a real relationship with her… Not Aj, so… Fluttershy or Rarity?” He thought on it, considering one against the other. “Rarity!”

“You got it! I’m so happy for them!” squealed Cadence. “Oh, this is a good one, too! I can feel it! They’re going to end up married, I just know it!” That caught Shining’s attention. For some reason, he found that to scare him slightly and offend him a bit more.

“Wow, that serious, huh?” asked Shining. “Kinda wish she would’ve told me earlier. Or, you know, at all.”

“You should talk,” scoffed Cadence. “Mr. ‘Sorry For Not Telling You I Was Getting Married Until The Day Of The Wedding But Please Be My Best Mare’.”

“Fair enough. How long has it been?

“Couple of months. They’re going really steady, and they’re so cute together!” squealed Cadence. “Oh, they’re so serious, I’m waiting for the wedding invite any day now!”

Shining Armor thought about it and, after careful consideration, decided Twilight could’ve done way worse. Not that he, as a married man, was entertaining the idea that any other mare was even close to as attractive as his wife, but he could certainly see what his sister did. Not bad, Twily. Not bad at all.

“So, what’s their relationship like?” asked Shining. “Am I allowed to ask that? Or does that cross some sort of ‘Love Goddess’ line?”

“They are just the cutest couple. They spend so much time together,” said Cadence dreamily. “Like we did on our honeymoon.”

“I hope you’re exaggerating. I don’t think I want my sister doing any of the things we did on our honeymoon.” Cadence chuckled slightly, though she had to agree with Shining Armor on that.

“They practically live together, but it hasn’t messed with their friendship with each other or the girls,” continued Cadence. “Shining, they’re saving themselves! Isn’t that just adorable?”

“I can’t see Rarity lasting too long with that,” said Shining. “How is she holding up? I doubt she was prepared for something like this.”

“Well, Big Brother of Little Faith, your sister and her girlfriend,” Cadence stretched the word “girlfriend”, because she loved to say it. “Are doing pretty well. Lasted longer than we did. They’re staying strong. I mean, they kiss and cuddle and what have you, but nothing too lewd. Plus, they haven’t had to resort to the Potato Method, so that’s a good sign.”

“Potato Method?”

“Sometimes, couples who want to stay abstinent will bite into a raw potato to get themselves out of the mood,” explained Cadence. Shining Armor was suddenly possessed by the image of his little sister in a thin robe, hovering over Rarity and biting into a raw spud. It was vaguely disturbing and also kind of funny.

“I was thinking something way more lewd,” said Shining.

“You pervert,” snickered Cadance, rolling her eyes. “Honestly, how are we ever going to have children if you always have your mind in the gutter?”

“There are some steps we’d have to take to get to the whole children phase,” said Shining. “Maybe we could get started?”

Cadence looked very confused for a bit. Shining couldn’t possibly be… Cadence knew he was, but it was so sudden. And they were working. Shining was always a rather professional guy, and he would never normally even suggest such a thing until after the day had fully ended.

“Are you… Are you trying to pick me up?” asked Cadence.

“On the job? Of course not!” Shining grinned. “Is it working?”

“You are not flirting with me on the clock,” said Cadence, though she was far from upset.

“It’s not my fault that you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen,” said Shining, leaning over and kissing Cadence on the cheek. “I can’t help myself. When I’m around you… I just lose it.”

“We’re working. I’m working,” said Cadence, though more to convince herself than her husband. “As much as I’d love to run off to the bedroom with you, we can’t. Fancy and Fleur should be here any minute.” Shining kissed her again, then a third time.

“They’re late. We don’t even know if they’re still coming,” said Shining. “Come on, baby. Just a quickie.”

Cadence bit down on her lower lip thoughtfully. She couldn’t, not until after her meeting. It was unprofessional, and, as the Princess of the Crystal Empire, she couldn’t just leave her post to shag her husband.

But damn, was that workout regiment something.

“Alright, really quick,” said Cadence. She grabbed her husband by the face and kissed him, running her hands down his biceps. Shining Armor scooped her up and carried her to the nearest private area (a large closet, in this case).

What neither of them realized while doing the deed is that a massive wave of powerful magic burst from their horns, spreading out across the Empire, Canterlot, even reaching Ponyville and Twilight’s castle. Very few people noticed or were affected. Rarity was one of the people who were most certainly affected, and in a way that neither she nor Twilight would forget for a long while.

It involved a length of rope, some handcuffs, and a 24-hour purge of all signs of affection.


Dear god, was this movie terrible. Twilight was offended that she had willingly played it on her TV, on Rarity’s request. The movie was atrocious, and, as Twilight read the book for research purposes, she could vouch that there was no version of this story that was any good. It hurt her to continue watching it.

But she did. And she’d be lying if she said she didn’t enjoy it.

“So, what exactly does she see in him?” asked Twilight. They were currently laid out on Twilight’s bed, with Rarity resting her head on Twilight’s chest. Late night snuggle/movie sessions were becoming a common occurrence, where they’d alternate picking movies both old and new, the two would curl up together in their warm, soft bed, and look up at Twilight’s large flat screen until they fell asleep in each other’s arms. The subject for view tonight: a fairly recent romance involving an awkward college girl who has fallen in love with a multi-millionaire who had some… dark fantasies.

“Well, they want you to believe that she can see through the darkness and… Creepy fetishes,” said Rarity. “But I am more inclined to believe that it’s about his money. He’s loaded.”

Twilight nodded in understanding, fascinated by the devotion of the movie’s protagonist. It was shocking, and a bit disturbing. In many scenes, it seemed like she had sold away her freedom. Twilight loved Rarity very, very much, but if Rarity asked her to do some of the things that the millionaire asked, she might start to question their relationship.

“Why’d you want to watch this again?” asked Twilight, running her hand through Rarity’s hair.

“I heard it was awful, and I was grimly curious,” admitted Rarity. “So far, it’s about as terrible as I expected.”

“At least it’s not as explicit as the book.”

“Oh, and that’s an upside?” asked Rarity. Twilight thought that was a fairly odd thing for Rarity to say. Rarity was never an especially provocative person, even in the private company of her girlfriend. If Twilight were to guess based entirely on her interactions with Rarity, she’d guess that Rarity had never been told what sex was or how it worked.

Then, things started to head south, both figuratively and literally. Soon, Twilight was the only one watching the movie. Rarity had become much more invested in her makeshift pillow to worry about what was on the screen. She had been resting her head on Twilight’s chest for near an hour, but she just now seemed to notice. Something came over her, and she felt an odd, irresistible urge to squeeze Twilight’s boob.

So she did.

“Hey! Whoa, someone’s grabby tonight,” said Twilight nervously. “Uh… I’d appreciate it if you didn’t do that again.”

“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry,” said Rarity, genuinely sorry and confused. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Rares?” said Twilight uncomfortably. “You’re hand is heading into the Danger Zone.”

Rarity yanked her hand away from Twilight’s crotch, confused as to how it got there in the first place. Twilight was understandably uncomfortable, but unaware of what to do about it. She had expected Rarity to ask or talk about some sort of sexual act at some point in their relationship, but she didn’t expect it to be so sudden, rash, or on a movie night.

“I’m sorry!” said Rarity, though she hardly seemed to notice that she was also planting kisses on Twilight’s neck and running her hands down her thigh. “Something feels… different.” She sat up suddenly, then threw her leg over Twilight’s body, essentially sitting on her stomach. “Twilight… I know we said we wanted to wait, but…I think I’m ready.”

“Well, I’m not,” said Twilight, squirming beneath Rarity’s weight. “Rarity, you need to get off me.”

“I love you so much,” whispered Rarity. She didn’t seem to hear Twilight. “Don’t you love me? Let me prove my love for you.”

“Rarity, please stop. This isn’t right, and you know it.”

“Please, Twilight, I love you so much,” said Rarity, kissing Twilight’s cheek, her lips, her chest. “I love you so, so much.”

Twilight had two choices in that moment. She could either fold, bend her will to appease her girlfriend. Throw away all of her beliefs and ideals just to make Rarity happy. Or, she could remain strong, and reaffirm herself and her stance. Stand by her morals, and remain strong.

She chose the latter.

“Rarity, I’m going to count down from three,” warned Twilight. “When I get to zero, I’m going to push you off, and we’re going to talk about what’s happening here, okay? 3.”

“I love you so much, Twilight.” Rarity planted a kiss down on Twilight’s belly, running her hand along Twilight’s side.

“2.”

“Come on, love, let me prove it, please.” Her hand found itself on Twilight’s rear, and she squeezed firmly.

“And 1. Okay, that’s enough,” said Twilight. She lit up her horn and grasped Rarity with a levitation spell. She raised Rarity off of her, holding her a few feet above the bed. Then, as if possessed, Rarity started kicking, thrashing, uttering near-animalistic growls.

This was officially weird.

“Rarity, what in Tartarus has gotten into you?” asked Twilight.

LOVE ME!” bellowed Rarity, in a deep, angry, almost demonic voice. She lit up her own horn and dispelled Twilight’s magic with a blast of her own. The princess reacted quickly, rolling from out of the way, falling onto the floor. She reached under her bed in search of something to restrain Rarity and, oddly enough, found a length of rope. Deciding there was no time to question it, she grabbed it and used her horn to wrap it around Rarity, pinning her arms to her side. Twilight quickly flitted through her mental recollection of the Big Book of Knots, then used her remembered knowledge to tie a tight knot at Rarity’s back. Twilight rose to her hooves and inspected her still-thrashing girlfriend, trying to figure what was going on. She swore that she would not leave until she got to the bottom of this.

Then her doorbell rang. With a groan, Twilight fired up her horn and teleported down to the front door. Who could possibly be ringing her door at this time of night. She’d just tell the unwanted visitor, as politely as she could, leave her property. She opened the door and, before she could even open her mouth, Cadence was in her house and rambling incomprehensibly.

“Cadence? What are you doing here?” asked Twilight. She took in her sister-in-law, who was in a strange state of disarray. Her mane was a mess, rustled and tangled, almost like bedhead. She was wearing a pink dress that was torn at the hem in several places. Arguably the most scary aspect of her appearance was the shaking of her limbs and the slight sheen of sweat clinging to her body. Also, for some strange reason, she had a pair of steel handcuffs in her right hand.

“Twilight, I made a huge mistake,” said Cadence. “Have you noticed anything odd about you or Rarity lately? In the past couple of hours?”

“How’d you know?” asked Twilight.

“Twilight, I need to see her, right now. It’s very important that I check to make sure she’s okay.”

Twilight nodded, despite not really understanding the situation. She escorted Cadence up the stairs and down the hall to her bedroom. Twilight opened the door carefully, trying not to disturb Rarity.

“Twilight, darling, please let me go,” whined Rarity. “Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Just show me you love me, please,”

“Oh no,” sighed Cadence. She handed the cuffs to Twilight. “Slap those on her. You can never be too careful.”

“What’s happening?” asked Twilight, hovering the cuffs over and sliding and locking them onto Rarity’s wrist. “It’s like she’s possessed.”

“Cursed,” corrected Cadence. “By me, actually. I lost control of my magic, and it had some adverse effects on certain people. Rarity is one of them.”

“You lost control of your magic?” asked Twilight in confusion. “How? I wasn’t aware that was possible for an alicorn.”

Cadence blushed uncomfortably. She really, really, really didn’t want to have this conversation, with her sister-in-law or anyone. Still, it was one of her duties as Princess of Love.

“Twilight, when is a person’s magic at its weakest?” asked Cadence. Twilight, ever the good student, instantly went into School Mode, and had an answer within a few seconds.

“Well, besides death, a unicorn’s magic is really weak during childbirth,” listed Twilight. “Also, during times of extreme stress and emotional trauma.” Twilight thought on it. “You… You weren’t fighting with Shiny, were you?”

“Not quite. There’s one other time.” Cadence’s blush intensified. Twilight noticed, but couldn’t make heads or tails of it.

“Um… That’s all I can recall,” reported Twilight. Then, her eyes lit up and she remembered. “Oh, and also, for females, at the point of or-... Oh.”

“Yup.” The two couldn’t look at each other, Twilight looking up and Cadence looking down. The both of them were absolutely mortified.

“Of course,” said Twilight. “Uh… With who?” Cadence looked at her with a raised eyebrow, making Twilight realize what a dumb question that was. “Right. Sorry, that was inappropriate of me to ask, and it was pretty stupid.”

The two blushed brightly, both of them managing to ignore the moaning, groaning, whining, pining, cursed woman tied and cuffed on the bed.

“So…” asked Twilight. “How long does it last?”

“Twilight!”

“The curse! Oh god, the curse, not my brother!” Twilight slammed her palm to her forehead.

“Twenty-four hours, but it is very important that you do not show her any affection,” warned Cadence. “This is a Curse of Endearment. For the next twenty-four hours, you are not to hug her, kiss her, snuggle her, cuddle her, stroke her hair, say anything romantic, and under no circumstances are you to have sex with her.”

“What would happen if I did?” Twilight asked nervously. Cadence was being very panicked and very dire, which did not help Twilight feel anymore at ease with the situation.

“Any number of things. Varies from person to person. It could spread to infect you, or it could last forever. You cannot show her any signs of affection. For the next day, you have to pretend that you don’t love her.”

“How will I know when the curse breaks?”

“I enchanted the cuffs on my way here. They’ll restrain her hands and her magic, then fall off when it’s safe,” sighed Cadence. “I’m really sorry about all of this, but I have to go. I think the curse might’ve affected Auntie.”

Cadence wished Twilight good luck, then teleported away, leaving Twilight with a sob-shouting girlfriend on her bed that she couldn’t reassure or hug or make feel better in any way. This was going to be rough.

“Is she gone?” asked Rarity. “Great! Now you can let me go from these stupid handcuffs.”

“No, Rarity. You know that I can’t let you go,” said Twilight nervously. This was not how she imagined she’d be spending the night. Rarity thrashed suddenly, whining pathetically.

“T-twilight? Why don’t you love me?”

Twilight almost made a huge mistake. She was about to ruin everything with a single sentence, with no way to fix it. She thanked god for her ability to think quickly and managed to keep the words from spilling out.

“Oh, this is going to be difficult,” groaned Twilight.


Hour one led Twilight to believe that the entire scenario would be far easier to deal with than she thought. It wasn’t too complicated, really, all she had to do was ignore Rarity, and explain to her again that she couldn’t release her. It was irritating, but not altogether difficult.

Hour four was a bit tougher. It was during hour four that Twilight made the dire mistake of visiting the restroom. When she was in the bathroom, Rarity managed her way to her hooves, and repeatedly threw herself against the bathroom door.

“Twilight! Twilight!” she shouted. “Let me go, please! I love you, Twilight, please let me go!”

Twilight sighed, and lowered herself onto her bathroom floor. This was getting just a tiny bit old, and Twilight was getting fed up. She was tempted to look through a few books in search of a cure or counterspell, but disregarded it after a few moments of thought. She didn’t have many, if any, books on love magic, and, if there was a counterspell, Cadence would’ve made mention of it.

By hour twelve, the halfway point, Twilight was convinced that she had committed some sort of atrocity in a past life to deserve this sort of treatment. She thought she was a good enough friend, princess, and girlfriend. She didn’t deserve to have a cursed, shrieking banshee in her bedroom.

At hour nineteen, Twilight had forgotten who was supposed to be the prisoner. Rarity never stopped running into the door, nor did she stop screaming. There were quiet periods, sure, but it wasn’t nearly as extreme as the fits of shouting and begging for Twilight’s love and affection, like some sort of poorly-domesticated changeling.

Hour twenty-three, and Twilight felt as if she had just undergone some sort of mental torture. Rarity had long since stopped screaming in favor of the far more damaging repitition. For several straight hours, Rarity kept repeating the same phrase.

“I love you, Twilight? Why don’t you love me?”

Twilight hated how she was making Rarity feel. It felt wrong, evil, cruel, to deprive her of something she clearly needed. Twilight couldn’t even leave her bathroom, not from any physical barrier, but from the heavy, sludgy, grimy feeling in her chest. She knew it was the right thing to do. Sometimes, you had to do something hard to help someone you cared for, even if that thing seemed to hurt them. Twilight understood all that, but that didn’t make it much easier.

At the stroke of the magical twenty-fourth hour, Rarity felt a wave of clean energy flow over her. She raised her head from the floor sleepily, letting out an involuntary yawn. She stood up, shaking the handcuffs off her wrists and using her horn to untie the ropes restraining her. A slight ache radiated throughout her body, down to the bone. The curse had left some sort of residual magic that gave Rarity a horrible migraine. Above all else, she really had to pee.

Rarity opened the door to the bathroom, stepped over the fallen, sleeping form of Twilight, and made her way to the toilet. It was gross, and unladylike, but Rarity wasn’t too uncomfortable. She thought it was a sign of true love, to be able to inappropriately cop a feel, become cursed with an insatiable infatuation, and then pee with your girlfriend in the bathroom.

That, or the magic had severely addled her brain. Only time would tell.

Author's Note:

I think that this chapter is the first time I've ever seriously depicted romance between a heterosexual couple. How odd.

Hope you guys enjoyed, and be sure to tell me what went right and what went wrong. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

This tale is coming to an end, I believe, or a break, at the very least. A max of four chapters before I hang up this little collection. I might return to it later, but I need time to work on some other projects.

Like, follow, and comment for a bit of a milestone.