• ...
11
 115
 2,352

chapter 3.5 the chased

this chapter is a bit shorter but bear wth me i'm building up the next chapter t be bigger

"Fine mess your stuck in this time Sammy boy" Sam mutterd to himself as he walked back to camp. "I can't just hurt the ponies but if i don't fight back i might as well just strap myself down to an operating table and say, 'Hey you want me to help you rip my guts out as you experiment on me?'. He sighed, and he let his shoulders slump forward, he just didn't know what to do. "Whatever I still got that Manticore to skin and then I can make a quick meal out of the meat, it should last me a while. Shame I couldn't have hunted him though, that would have been a great game." He said now stepping into his camp site "Finally! It's been 2 hours at least, that Manticore is gonna be stiff as a bone." But before he could even sit down to start, a bright flash of light appeared and there standing before him; Was a group of ponies. There was silence in the air as he quickly asked himself a multitude of questions in his mind. 'WHAT?!!? HOW COULD THEY BE HERE ALREADY? HOW DID THEY FIND ME?' and most importantly 'WHAT THE FLYING FUCK DO I DO NOW?' then the purple one started to talk. "Hello there my name is Twilight Sparkle and-" before she could finish Sam bolted. It was the only thing he could think of to do at the moment,and as he ran he felt felt the ponies follow closely behind him, but he wasn't too worried. 'This won't last long.' he thought.

'Out there they may have the advantage but in here? This is my kingdom! I know the sound of each rock and stone and I embrace what others fear. I can lose them in no time and then find a safe place to collect my thoughts. There is no way they can possibly keep up with me. About half an hour later, he was starting to go a little crazy. 'HOW THE FUCK IS SHE KEEPING UP WITH ME?!?!!' Sam thought to himself as he continued running away from her, until they came to a deep chasm bridged by an old fallen oak tree, which he crossed quickly. However afterwords he heard a loud snap and turned just in time to see 2 orange hooves grab onto the ledge. He quickly ran to her, thinking 'What am I now, the pony rescue squad?' He quickly grabbed her leg, as she looked at him thankfully. "Hang on I'll pull you up." As he proceeded to do just that before putting her safely down on the ground. The orange pony was breathing heavily. "Thank ya kindly fer savin ma hide there" she huffed out while trying to catch her breath.

"Your welcome." Sam said before turning to leave, hoping to get some distance between himself and the pony "PLEASE WAIT!" the orange pony screamed stopping him in mid stride "Please all we wanna do is talk." "You sure followed me a long way just to talk," Sam said turning back "how do i even know I can trust anything you say?" After a moment she had the answer. "Look into ma eyes with yours and I'll tell ya the honest truth." He thought about for a second. Eyes were the window to the soul, they said. After all he had been through he supposed it was worth a try. He walked over to her took off the goggles on his helmet and stared straight into her eyes. What struck him was how beautiful they were. They were his favorite shade of green and he felt like he could get lost in them, as if they were a forest of their own as she began. "The Princess sent us in here to try and convince you to come to Canterlot with us. Now I'm not the best with words but I can tell ya this I promise nothin bad will happen if ya just go back to where we found ya and let us talk to ya." After she finished, he put his googles back on and thought for a while before saying "I suppose it couldn't hurt just to talk." Sam said, bringing a smile to her face. Then he pointed and said "There's a natural land bridge a couple hundred yards that way, and from there we can find your friends and make our way back to my camp." She smiled again. "Sounds like a plan to me sugarcube." She tipped her hat respectfully. "Names Applejack what's yours?." He replied in the coolest way he could "My name is Sam Maxwell."