• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 4,067 Views, 66 Comments

The Dragon's Abyss - DarklordAxel20



All is right in Equestria, Tirek has been defeated, and Princess Twilight is living peacefully in her new home. Things change when a call of distress is sent by her brother, and at the same time a mysterious dragon has arrived in Ponyville.

  • ...
10
 66
 4,067

No Turning Back

Sometime Later, In The Crystal Empire

After what seemed like the longest train ride ever, the locomotive bound for the Crystal Empire finally arrived in it's destination. Everypony had begun leaving the train, save for a certain group of ponies. The group of six had circled around their sleeping friend, trying their hardest to wake him up before the train took off again. " It's no use darling, we've tried just about everything and he still isn't awake, we should just carry him out, " suggested Rarity as she feigned falling over.

Applejack rolled her eyes then looked at Twilight with a small smirk, " We haven't tried everything, there's one last thing we could try, ain't that right Twilight? "

" Wha-what do you mean Applejack, " the lavender princess gave a sheepish grin as her orange friend leaned in close to her.

However before Applejack could speak again Rainbow Dash flew up in between the two. " Oh for the love of Celestia just kiss him already before the darn train leaves with us on it! "

Rainbow Dash's voice made Twilight's ears ache from being so close. She rubbed her sore ears as she turned towards Shade, " OK, OK there's no need to shout. " And Twilight did just that, she leaned in close to her sleeping coltfriend and gave him a light peck on the lips, " There, happy Rainbow Dash, it didn't work, this isn't some fairytale a kiss wont- " but before she could continue speaking, Shade began to move slightly.

The crimson eyes of Midnight Shade slowly cracked open as he awoke from his deep slumber, where they immediately laid upon the purple eyes of Twilight Sparkle. " Tw-Twilight? Is that you..? Are we there? " He lifted his large body upwards whilst he was still asking the mare questions.

" Told you the kiss would work, " whisper Rainbow Dash to Applejack, who promptly replied with a hoof-punch to Rainbow Dash's shoulder, " OW! hey! "

" My bad, " Applejack said with a grin.

" Easy there Shade, " Twilight helped him to his four feet while keeping one of her front legs wrapped around his. " Yes we're here, now just take it easy, " the group began walking out of the train, where they were almost immediately met gazes of both fear and amazement.

The many stares quickly agitated the hybrid, " Just what do they think they're looking at.... "

The six ponies accompanying him looked on with fearful faces as they saw the vein on his forehead swell with his temper. " ...Somepony do something... " Rainbow Dash spoke in a hushed voice with her teeth clenched.

" ...What do ya want me to do...wrangle him with my lasso, sure Rainbow Dash that'll go over just well...! " Applejack replied in her own hushed tone.

Before Shade could do anything too drastic, Rarity, and surprisingly Fluttershy, got in his way, cutting off his view of the other ponies on the train platform. " Now now darling, there's no reason to do rash, " Rarity gave the most convincing grin she could as she and Fluttershy walked in front of shade the whole way.

" Y-yes Shade....there's no reason to hurt anypony just b-because they look at you in an odd way... " Fluttershy gave the most confident look she could muster in her attempt to deter Shade's wrath.

Though the two ponies were shaky as they tried convincing the half-breed, their attempts were indeed successful. " ...Very well...but only because you two are my friends, that and I intend on releasing my rage upon a very specific pony. "

The group of six as well as Spike watched as he walked ahead of them, something that made them worry greatly. " Cmon everypony, the last thing my dad needs to do is be on his own in this place! " Spike called out as he rushed off to accompany his father.

Twilight nodded before following him, " Spike's right, not only does Shade not know his way around here, but he might also be a wanted criminal here. "

" Did Twilight just say he might be a criminal? " Applejack asked with a look of both confusion and concern as she followed them with the rest of her friends right behind her.

Elsewhere Inside the Crystal Empire Castle

Princess Celestia stared longingly out at the large crystal city that surrounded the castle, she had been anticipating the arrival of one pony for days. Her sister Luna walked up behind her, with another expression on her face, worry. " Sister, he's here isn't he...? "

Celestia nodded, " I can feel the intense rage from here. " The gaze of the solar princess didn't falter, it remained on a single spot, " It's so much stronger than it was before...so much...darker... "

" Sister perhaps we should simply call this meeting off, " Luna suggested to her older sister. While she detested Shade with every fiber of her being, she knew just how big of a threat he could be and that leaving might be the best action.

However Celestia shook her head in response, " To run away would only anger him more, we must atone and make peace with Shade, lest his rage will grow infinitely. "

But before Luna could get another word in on the matter, a crystal guard came rushing out onto the balcony. " Your royal highness! Your.....guest have arrived... "

The princess of the sun could see fear in the guards eyes, this assured her of the feeling she had been having. " Thank you for informing me, you are free to take leave now, " she made her way past her sister and the guard before leaving the room entirely.

" Sister please wait! " Luna hastily followed her sister down to the throne room, where both Shining Armor and Cadence had been waiting for them.

" Ah princess Celestia there you are, " Shining Armor turned towards the sisters and gave a small bow before noticing the serious look on Celestia's face. " Princess what's the matter, whatever it is Cadence and I could see to it, " he offered generously.

Again Celestia replied with a shake of her head, " There is nothing that can be done yet Shining Armor, my special guest has arrived. "

This information brought expressions of worry and anger to both Cadence and Shining Armor. " So the monster has finally returned... " Cadence mumbled, but still received a distasteful look from Celestia, causing her to turn her head away.

" Midnight Shade is my problem and mine alone, I want the two of you to simply stand aside, " Celestia declared in a much more serious tone than usual. " Unless things spiral out of control, in that case.....Just remember what I told you... "

They were hesitant at first but soon both Cadence and Shining nodded, " ....We understand aunt Celestia... " replied Cadence.

Just a few rooms away, Twilight Sparkle, along with her friends and Shade, waited patiently for Celestia, with some being more patient than others. Twilight could see the displeased look on Shade's face slowly morphing into that of an enraged one. " Shade please calm down, we're going to get through this, together, " she placed her hoof on top of Shade's claws and looked him in the eyes.

After a brief amount of eye contact between the two Shade turned his head away, " Very well, but she has five more minutes before I leave, and that's final. "

Twilight let out a sigh of defeat knowing that she couldn't convince him to stay otherwise. Pinkie Pie came up to the two and wrapped her hooves around their necks, " Oh come on Shady just stay already! We can throw a party after this big old boring meeting! "

Not even the smile on Pinkie Pies face could deter Shade's decision, " Pinkie Pie, no "

" Hey you didn't even give Pinkie a chance! " Rainbow Dash yelled out at the angered hybrid.

" And who says I needed to!! " Shade replied angrily, he was becoming more agitated by the second.

" Everypony just please stop! " Twilight stepped in between the two, preventing any physical violence from breaking out.

It was that moment when Celestia stepped into the room, followed by dead silence. Nopony uttered a word, which added onto the already sudden and thick tension. " Please come this way, " she gestured with her head. It wasn't until Celestia spoke up that the silence was lifted, however it did nothing to dissipate the tension in the air.

Twilight took immediate notice of what looked like smoke rising from Shade's body, " Shade please calm down and just listen to what she has to say! "

Shade looked Twilight dead in the eyes, " Fine, but if ONE thing doesn't go how I want them too, there will be hell to pay Twilight, so when that happens I want you and the others to get to a safe distance. "

The princess of friendship just stood there for a moment as Shade walked off. Several scenarios ran through her head all at once causing her to panic and run after him, " Shade wait!! Don't do anything you'll regret!! "

" I've never regretted anything I've intentionally done, " Shade stated calmly before walking into the next room.

Twilight panicked internally, if Shade went berserk now there would be no way she could talk everypony out of imprisoning him, or worse. " How can he be so calm when saying things like that! Oh I just hope things don't get out of hoof , " she hastily followed her coltfriend, desperately hoping he could keep what little cool he had.

Once inside the throne room all eyes were on Shade, every guard and member of royalty stared him down, some with glares, others with expressions of fear. The first pony to speak up was Cadence, " It's so wonderful to have you all here again and I hope you enjoy your sta- "

However Before she could finish her sentence with the most sincere voice she could, she waas abruptly cut off by Shade. " That's enough, I have no time for pleasantries, I'm here because you "asked" for my presence Celestia, so cut to it. "

Shade's interruption and disrespectful tone of voice angered Shining Armor, " Why you no good!! "

But Celestia spread her wing out in front of Shining, preventing him from moving towards Shade. " He is right, I did call for him to be here, and so I will get to the very reason I did so, " Celestia spoke calmly, although deep inside she was having multiple doubts.

" Princess Celestia if I may interrupt I think Shade needs some rest, the train ride took a lot out of him, " Twilight fibbed in an attempt to get as much space between the two as possible.

" I'm fine Twilight, now if this backstabber would be so kind to tell me why she pulled me out here on such short notice, I'll be happy to not raze this castle. " Shade's words only angered Shining Armor more, something Shade took notice of the glare he was receiving and returned the gesture tenfold.

It was then that Spike walked into the room, which drew everyponies attention at once. There was one pony whose attention was drawn to Spike more than everpony else, his birth mother. Celestia's eyes met with Spikes for a short moment before the young drake took refuge behind his fathers leg, only peeking out occasionally. This saddened Celestia, she never intended to hurt Spike the way she did, but she had to look past all that, at least for now only. " Shade, there is an important reason I called you here, something I've been meaning to speak to you about ever since you appeared in Ponyville. "

" Well if you're going to say it then say it already I'm already fed up with all these bothersome ponies staring holes into me! " he growled in response, his agitation at it's peak by this point.

" That's enough!!! " Shining Armor shouted as he stepped forward. " I've had jsut about enough of your disrespectful mouth! If you speak out of line once more I'll be forced to place you under arrest! " The threat did nothing except make Shade start laughing, which only scared the more fearful ponies, " What's so funny! "

Shade laughed for a solid minute before giving the prince a powerful glare, " You are, you ponies think you can police me because I'm different than you, you think just because I look like a monster you have the right to mistreat me!! " Shade stomped towards the male unicorn, with a mighty rage in his eyes, " So prince charming I'm going to give you one chance to shut up, before I break your other leg!!!! " As Shade drew closer to Shining several crystal guards moved in his way, which only angered him more, " OUT OF MY WAY!!!!! " and with a swing of his horn and a little use of his magic, the guards were sent flying into a wall.

This time it was Cadence who stood up, " Vile monster! I sent you away before I'll do it again! " Her horn began to glow as she rushed at Shade the same way she had done before, however this time she didn't make contact, in fact she didn't get close to him. Cadence was completely immobilized in the air by Shade's magic, " L-let go of me you beast!! "

" Gladly, " was all Shade before dropping her on the cold hard floor.

" That is enough!!!!!!! " Celestia stamped her foot, causing everypony to turn their heads towards the princess of the sun. Celestia had not been this angry in some time, she could feel a rage of her own swelling up inside of her. " Now I called you here to talk Shade, not for you to assault the ponies of the Crystal Empire, now listen to me! " this outburst surprised everypony, including Shade himself to an extent.

" Heheheh! Hahahaha!! " Shade's sudden laughter confused and worried everypony in the throne room. " Heheh, Alright Celestia, I have a newfound respect for you, you're either really brave all of a sudden, or really stupid, so you got my attention...for now. "

Celestia was speechless, Shade would actually listen to her, especially after how aggressive he was previously. After giving a nod Celestia lowered her head and began to speak, " After all these years I've finally come to understand the pain I put you through...I'm the reason your hatred grew to such extreme heights....and I feel so responsible..not just for hurting you...but for hurting our son... "

Whispers filled the room, most of them being about the fact that princess Celestia had a child, with this monster of all ponies. " A-aunt Celestia...what are you saying?! What son could you possibly have with...that... " Cadence asked in a very baffled tone of voice.

Using her magic, Celestia lifted Spike up and moved him towards her. " This is our child....little Spike....now I won't go into how he came to be....but I will say I have hurt him....and I'm sorry....I'm sorry Shade...I want to make it up to you...please.... "

There was no response, the eyes of everypony in the room were laid on Shade, who at the moment had his head hung very low. His mane covered his face, making it impossible to tell what his facial expression was. It wasn't until they saw a faint red glow come from within his mane did the ponies in the room begin backing away.

" Sh-Shade....are you alright...? " Twilight asked as she inched closer to the dragon she loved.

A low growl escaped from his mouth, " You're.....you're.... " he muttered in a deep raspy voice. " YOU'RE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " his voice suddenly boomed, and with enough force to physically knock ponies to the floor. The enraged half-breed raised his head, revealing an expression of pure, unadulterated rage, " HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!! YOU CALL ME HERE WITH THE INTENT OF SIMPLY APOLOGIZING FOR EVERY LAST THING YOU'VE EVER PUT ME THROUGH!!!!!!! " the ground beneath him cracked and crumbled as he raved violently.

" .....Shade.... " Celestia had expected this fully, but even she was taken back by the anger he was letting loose.

" You detestable mare!!!! You keep me from going to my own parents funeral!!!! Then when I leave to explore my own magic you track me down and brand me as some monster!!!!! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO HAVE GOVERNED MY LIFE THAT WAY!!!!!! " Shade's horn began sparking erratically with small red bolts of electricity.

" You don't think that I don't feel terrible for doing those things!! " Celestia yelled back, but her own yells were overshadowed by Shade's own anger.

" I HAVE THE RIGHT MIGHT TO BATHE THIS ENTIRE EMPIRE IN FLAMES WITH YOU IN IT!!!!!!!!! " Shade's fury had begun taking over his mind, blinding and deafening him to what he was saying and everything he'd do.

" That's it I cannot stand for this any longer!!! " Luna flew forward angrily, " Time to put you back in crystal where you belong you despicable, disgusting monstrosity!! Shining Armor, Cadence now!!!! "

As she called out the married royals used their magic to summon a very familiar crimson chain, one that at the sight of it furthered Shade's rage. " NO!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT PUT ME AWAY AGAIN YOU BITCH!!!!!! " Fire began building up in Shade's mouth but before he could breath it he grabbed his chest. A sudden piercing pain overcame him, causing him to drop and leaving him totally vulnerable to the crimson binds that then wrapped around him with the help of Luna as well as several crystal guards.

" Luna NO!!!! " cried out both Celestia and Twilight.

" Back to the crystal where you belong monster!!! " And with a wave of her head she fired a massive magic blast at Shade with the intent of sealing him away, permanently this time.

The blast struck Shade directly, engulfing the half-breed with a blinding blue light. " NO!!!!!!!! " cried out the ponies and Spike who had accompanied Shade to the empire.

" There, the deed is do- " But as the dust from the blast faded away, Luna's eyes widened greatly. " Th-that can't be...that's impossible... " She slowly backed away as if she had seen death itself before her.

Celestia saw the same thing Luna did, but instead of looking fearful, she looked completely shocked, " ....How can this be... "

Shade was completely unaffected by the spell, if anything the magic seemed to aid him in regaining control of himself. He let out another furious growl before turning to face Luna, " .... Like I said...you will not....PUT ME AWAY!!!!! " a strong pulse of electric electricity escaped his horn as he roared out loud. The force from the literal shock wave was enough to shatter the chains around him as well as knock everypony against the walls, except for Twilight and Spike, who were amazingly unharmed.

Luna forced herself to stand, she gave the dragon an intense glare, " ...I won't give up..not till you pay... " She was determined to punish Shade for the many crimes he had committed, even if it cost her own life, " Feel the wrath of a princess of Equestria!!! " she went to fire a magical blast at Shade, but after a moment of focusing with her horn, nothing. " M-my magic..I can't use it!!! "

In fact nopony who had a horn, alicorn or unicorn, could use their magic, leaving them all horrified. " This is absolutely dreadful!!! " Rarity shouted as she desperately tried using her horn.

" ...What did you do you monster... " Shining Armor gritted his teeth as he stared down Shade.

Shade, who at this point had managed to calm down significantly considering the circumstance, simply looked on at the white unicorn. " I have no idea what you mean fool. "

While all the unicorns as well as the alicorns in the room began to panic, Twilight was experiencing an amazement all of her own. She could still use her magic, it was like the pulse ignored her altogether , " Incredible!! Look everypony! " she called out to get their attentions. Twilight used her magic to lift a few stones off the ground, while not an amazing feat in any sense, it shocked the rest of the magic users who had just been rendered helpless. " What Shade did, the electricity leaving his body...I've seen it before when we were in that griffon city...but nevermind that... what I really find fascinating is the effects it had on the unicorns and alicorns in the room, its almost like the...pulse...disabled your magic temporarily..or at least I hypothesize temporarily. "

" Uh could you speak in a language we all understand egghead... " Rainbow Dash muttered as she picked herself up off the floor.

Rainbow's attitude resulted in Twilight rolling her eyes, however before she could reply, it was Pinkie Pie who popped up and began speaking. " In other words Dashie, Shade's sparkly lightning can turn off the magic of anypony who has a horn, almost like it was the exact opposite of magic. "

Pinkie's rather, simple, explanation left Twilight speechless for a few moments. " She's...absolutely right...the electricity Shade put out is a type of anti-magic, an EMP of sorts.... " Twilight explained.

" What's an EMP? " Rainbow Dash questioned, still confused on what Twilight was saying.

" An EMP, or, an electro magical pulse, a term I've just come up with, is a pulse of electricity that is capable of knocking out the use of magic in ponies with horns. " Twilight felt proud in herself for giving such a descriptive explanation, but quickly dismissed the feeling once Rarity spoke up.

" Well that's all fine and wonderful darling, BUT HOW DO WE GET OUR MAGIC BACK!!!!! " the fashionista screamed in terror.

Twilight remained silent for a moment, she honestly didn't know how, all she could think of was that it would come back after a little while. As she was about to give another explanation though, her eyes drifted towards Shade, who was on the ground holding his chest and breathing heavily. " Shade!!! " she quickly teleported over to him and helped him to his feet, " Shade...what's wrong... " Then something dawned on her, " His heart...It's hurting him... , " her eyes widened as she remembered what the oracles had told her.

Suddenly Shade's ears began twitching, "..Wh...What now... " he could feel vibrations beneath him, as well as the sound of something breaking through the ground. Even with the pain he was experiencing, Shade pushed through, he had to keep Twilight safe at all cost. " EVERYPONY MOVE!!!! " he used his magic to move everypony else away before grabbing Twilight and leaping to a safe distance away.

" Sh-Shade what are you doing?! " Twilight practically cried out at his sudden actions. She soon got her answer though, as a large amber colored crystal shot out of the floor they had just been standing on. The crystal that was all too familiar with Shade, Twilight and their friends, as well as the two princesses. "...Sh-Shade.....is that.... " Twilight begun to speak, receiving a small nod from Shade, " That's what I was afraid of... "

" What in the name of Equestria is that? " Luna questioned as she slowly made her way towards it.

Celestia stared at the crystal in shock, it was completely identical to the one they had sealed Shade away in all those years ago. " I...I am unsure sister... "

Upon further inspection Luna could make out the shape of a pony within the monolithic crystal, " Sister there is a pony in there! " Luna couldn't believe what she was seeing, it started dawning on her that the spell they had used on Shade might have some connection to this.

But before Luna could get a further look Shade had begun rushing towards her in a panic, " Get away from there!!!!!! "

Luna was caught off guard by Shade's sudden actions and froze in place. It wasn't until the crystal began cracking that Luna began worrying about something other than Shade, " ...By the night sky.... "

" Luna move!!!! " Shade practically tackled her out of the way, and just in time too. The very second Shade got Luna out of harms way the crystal shattered, releasing hundreds of deadly crystal shards. Despite this nopony was harmed by them due to a magical barrier put up by Twilight at the last second. Shade glared at Luna whom he sat on the ground after saving her, " When I say move I mean move!!! "

However Luna was struck with utter shock, the thing, no, the pony she hated the most, had just recklessly saved her life. " ...You...you saved me... " she muttered shakily.

Shade quickly turned away from her, avoiding eye contact at all cost, " Yeah whatever, give me a medal sometime later...there are more pressing matters on hoof... "

Everypony's attention was suddenly turned towards the thing that had just been within the crystal. The pony who had erupted from within the crystal limply floated in midair, remaining in the exact same spot they had been in inside the crystal.

" It's....it's a pony.. " Shining Armor remarked, " But ...are they alive? "

Shining Armor's question would soon be answered by the pony abruptly opening their eyes. " Does that answer your question?! " Rainbow Dash replied, obviously panicked by the situation, especially knowing the dangers of these crystals.

The pony dropped to the floor below before raising herself up to her hooves. Her body cracked and creaked as she stood herself up, her head hung as if her neck had been broken, but this didn't deter the pony from forcibly changing the direction of it. The shape of her body was eerily similar to that of an alicorn, in fact that's exactly what she is, the only thing was her horn was crystalline in appearance. But the most disturbing parts of her anatomy were what took everypony by surprise. Where most alicorns possessed wings, she merely had stumps, her eyes were bloodshot and dilated with her pupils being in slit shapes lastly, several parts of her body had been either crystallized or replaced by crystal all together.

" ...I'm...free... " she breathed in a disturbing manner as she looked over the room repeatedly before landing on Shade. " ....Brother....or should I say... " without warning she flung her head back, straightening it out with a loud snap. " TRAITOR!!!!!!!! " she screamed with enough volume and force to shake the castle violently.

" ....Not again...Not another freak calling me their brother!!! " Shade stamped his foot down hard but before he could attack he clenched his chest once more, " .....Dammit.....not again..... "

Shade's words confused most of the ponies in the room, all except Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack. " ...Shade..what do you mean not again? " Celestia asked, not understanding what it is that he meant.

Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth as memories of the thing from the woods came flashing back to her, " It's just like that freakish blob from the forest! "

" I think Rainbow Dash is right, shes got the same look that one eyed varmint had in it's eyes, " Applejack remarked cautiously.


The mysterious "alicorn" began cackling wickedly, her eyes remaining focused on Shade. " So you ran into our little sister, she might be master's favorite, but I'll do what she couldn't!! I WILL KILL OUR TRAITOROUS BROTHER!!!! " The castle shook once more with her shout, except this time her horn began glowing. " Once you're dead master will love me like I've always wanted him too, so be a good little brother and DIE!!!!!!!! " with her shout and a flash of her horn large crystalline wings formed out of the stubs on her back.

" ...I'd like to see you try you crazy bitch... " Shade fought through the pain in his chest, doing his best to make his way towards the maniacal pony.

" Then i'll try not to disappoint you, " she gave a horrific grin followed by her hair and eyes glowinga bright neon blue, " Now do what your big sister says and perish!! " the alicorn wasted no time in firing a large magic blast at Shade, sending the already pained dragon flying through several pillars and finally into the wall of the throne room.

Shade let out a painful cry upon impacting the wall, " ...this stupid heart pain.... " he said as he continued to clench his chest.

" Awww poor baby does it hurt, here let big sister make it better!!!! " suddenly her horn began glowing and large pillar like crystal shot form the ground before flying towards Shade and impaling him in the center of his chest and wings.

" AAAGHCK!!! " Shade spat up blood upon impact as he desperately grasped the crystal in his chest trying to crush it.

" SHADE!!!!!! " cried out Twilight and her friends.

" DAD!!!!! " Spike yelled as he ran towards his father only to be stopped by the hoof of the pony that assaulted him.

She gave the young drake a terrifying grin with her eyes opened wide, " Don't worry you adorable little thing, you'll be joining your daddy shortly, you all will. " Before she could do anything though several crystal guards rushed into the throne room and towards the alicorn, " One moment please, " she said calmly as he horn began glowing again when a bright flash suddenly came from the tip.

" What is she doing?! " Luna yelled out as she and every other pony covered their eyes from the blinding light.

When the light died down everypony opened their eyes, however they soon wished they hadn't. " ...Dear Celestia... " Twilight mumbled as she looked on at the crystal guards, or should she call the the crystallized guards. " ...They're frozen in solid crystal... " Twilight couldn't fathom what she was looking at, it must've been the work of the alicorn's magic.

Princess Celestia had had enough, but without her magic she couldn't do a thing to stop her. " Stop this senseless violence!!! Now tell me who are you and why are you doing this!!! " Celestia was furious, not only had she hurt Shade, but she had also dragged innocent ponies into the matter as well.

" Heheheheheh, " the pony chuckled loudly and gave the equestrian ruler an entirely different look, it lacked any of the insanity of the others, but had just as much malice as any of the others. " I suppose since you're all about to die I could tell you who I am, or should I say, who I was. "

" ...Who she was? What does that crazy mare mean... " Rainbow Dash asked in a whisper.

" ...How am I supposed to know Rainbow Dash now quickly talkin and think of somethin quickly or things are about to get much worse.. " applejack replied.

" I was once the most beautiful alicorn alive, " the maniacal pony began speaking, " Back when we flourished in the world, when there weren't a hooful of us left, I was the empress of this lustrous empire. "

" You were a ruler of the crystal empire?! " almost everypony cried out at once.

She nodded in an eerie manner before continuing to speak, " Yes, I led this wondrous empire into an era of prosperity, one that rivaled canterlots, " but she paused suddenly. " That was until a great evil threatened my home, however rather than defend it....I embraced it, I allowed it into my land and I fell madly in love with it. " She began cackling as she reminisced on how she was sealed away, " I had a dear friend of mine seal me away with a very unique spell, so that I could be with my master, and he promised me we could be together if I can take the life of Midnight Shade. "

Everypony's eyes widened upon hearing her revelation, " That's why you're doing this?! To be with some terrible monster!! That's why you hurt Shade!! "

The insult of her master angered the empress, " BITE YOUR TONGUE YOU PEST!!!!! " she didn't even use magic and somehow she sent Twilight tumbling hard back towards her friends. " I've had enough of you rodents, now just die so that I may be with my master once and for all!! " She gave a single flick of her head and something bright and familiar appeared on her horn, a magi blade. " Farewell pest!! " her blade shot forward at an incredible length, going far enough out of the castle that it stuck out of the front of it.

" ....That's...that's not possible... " Celestia said in disbelief.

" The end is now for you fillies and foals, " the crystal empress swung her head around in a full circle, managing to cleave the castle in two in a single swing. " Goodbye, I'll see you all never!! " and in a flash she was gone.

The second she vanished the castle began to rumble and crumble from above. " The castle's going to collapse! " Cadence cried out, " everypony get out quickly!! "

" No not until we get Shade off that wall!! " Twilight protested, she refused to leave him there while they escaped.

Shining Armor rushed over to his sister and tried moving her away from the half-breed, " Twilight there's no time! ...Beside I doubt he could survive a wound like that...Now get out of the castle!! "

" NO!!!! " Twilight's voice boomed as she unintentionally moved her brother away with her magic.

" Uh, I hate bein the bearer of bad news, " Applejack said, interrupting the sibling argument, " But there is no way out! "

Every possible exit had been sealed by the same type of crystals that were used to attack Shade. " Please no!!! " Rarity banged her hooves against the crystal with great futility as did almost every other pony.

Twilight looked up in horror to see the ceiling collapsing and falling towards them at great speeds. Her tear filled eyes widened, " SHADE WE NEED YOU!!!!!!! " she clenched her eyes shut as cried out in desperation.

The world had gone dark around Shade, his heart pain wouldn't fade and now he had the pain of his abdomen being impaled weighing on him. " ...This pain....it's unlike anything I've ever felt...it's almost as if my heart is going to explode....just...just need a little rest... , " he could feel his thought's leaving him at a rapid pace. When suddenly a light shined in on the darkness that had surrounded his mind. " ...Mustn't give up...must fight pain...but why...why should I... " " SHADE WE NEED YOU!!!!!! , " Twilight!!! " Twilight's pleas reached Shade within the darkness of his mind, forcefully pulling him from death's door and rejuvenating him completely, and once Shade's strength had returned to him, his eyes shot open.

Author's Note:

Hey there everypony, sorry for the majorly overdue update, for the past month my computer's been busted and I've had to save up for a replacement which I just recently got. However now that I have said new computer I will be putting out a chapter within the next week and a half and if my work schedule stays cleared up I'll have another out in that same pattern, maybe faster if said schedule is clear enough. Anyway, getting away from that subject this chapter was already halfway done by the time my computer had gone on the fritz so if it looks like one half is written differently than the other that's why, I've done my best to fix that so maybe you'll notice and maybe you won't. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and that you'll keep reading, leave you're thoughts in the form of a comment and whatever else you feel like, I'll see you all again as soon as I can :twilightsmile: