• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 702 Views, 12 Comments

From Ava to Twilight - WisdomWish



Ava Willams wakes up as Twilight Sparkle, finding out she has a date with Flash Sentry. What could go wrong?

  • ...
30
 12
 702

Am I Really Going to Send this Letter?

I held it in my hoof, the one thing that will make this "stay" awkward. Jason and I were in Twilight's castle, sitting on a couch in the library. We were both staring at it, unsure if we should send it.

"Are you sure we should do this?" He asked. "Cadance could get the wrong idea."

"Let me just reread it." I opened up the letter, and read,

Dear Princess Cadance,

I know you know that I recently went on a date with one of your guards, Flash Sentry. Just so you will not be wondering, I enjoyed my time with him. We went to Canterlot and I showed him around. After we returned home, we realized we did not want to leave each other. I know this is much to ask, but would you be willing to let Flash Sentry stay with me for sometime? Since he is your guard, I will let you decide the time limit, if you make the decision. I fully understand if you do not want to cooperate with my request.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

I stopped reading, blushing furiously. I could sense him looking at me, and I shivered. Why in the world was I attracted to him? Wait, did I just say that? No, no, I couldn't be attracted to him. He was Flash Sentry. I know he was really Jason, but still. I just have to keep on denying myself.

"Okay." He said. "Should we sent it?"

I turned, calming myself. "I'll go get Spike."

I practically sprinted out of the room, knowing Spike was in his own room, seeing him there earlier. I knocked on the door, sweat dripping down my face, I wiped it, knowing I was nervous of what he was gonna think.

I had always been like this, afraid of what people thought of me. When I was younger, I always wanted to wear my nerdy T-shirts to school. I had shirts ranging from Disney to Nintendo. But when my mom would drop me off, I got scared. I would see people looking at what I was wearing, whispering to their friends, and I would run to the nearest bathroom, and cry in the bigger stall of the two, my big square glasses falling to the bridge of my nose. It took me three attempts to try to wear a T-shirt until I learned to just give it up.

I heard the door opening, me snapping back into reality. He had a tired look on his face, the Rarity doll in his right claw.

"What?!?" He said, slightly yelling.

I smiled the smallest smile I could muster. "Ummm, Spike, could you send this letter to Cadance, please?"

I held it out to him, and he dropped his doll, tearing open the envelope. Sweat was know soaking my mane as his eyes skimmed the parchment letter. He looked up at me, then back at the paper, and said, "Okay."

Okay? You've gotta be kidding me. I was expecting a laugh or a death threat to Jason, not an "Okay." He breathed in, waited a few seconds, then blew out, the green flames sending the letter to the Crystal Empire.

"Couldn't you have waited till I got another envelope?" I asked. "Or until we walked to the library?"

He blinked. "Oh. Sorry. You know how lack of sleep affects me."

We stood there for a while, waiting for Cadance to respond. It was midnight, and I wasn't sure if she was gonna read it until morning. Surprisingly, though, Spike spit out another letter, only saying, He can stay as long as you like! My blush crept through again at her words.

Spike then said, "Good Night," then slammed the door, me shrieking at the slam.

I walked back to the library, holding the letter in my mouth. It felt weird in my mouth, like sandpaper. I hope it's not wet because of saliva.
When I got there, Jason was looking through the tall bookshelves, trying to fly higher. He turned his head, and when he had me in full view, his wings got in the neutral position, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Jason!" I yelled. I spit the letter out of my mouth, running to his aid. I held out my hoof, and he reluncantly took it. I helped him stand up, his hoof holding tightly to mine (how is that even possible?). He looked up at me, those deep blue eyes borring into mine. After a while, he smiled, and said, "Thanks."
While taking his hoof off of mine, he looked at the letter, and walked over to it.

"What did she say?" He made a motion to pick it up.
I freezed. I really didn't want him to read that. I tried to move, but I was frozen in place. My eyes drooped to the floor, knowing my old instincts were coming back. Shy, embarrassing Ava.
Suddenly, I saw the letter below me in magenta aura. Wait, was this magic? I looked to Jason to make sure he hadn't sprouted a horn. Seeing no horn, I looked up, to see my horn glowing with the same aura.

"What?!?" I yelled. After I screamed, the letter dropped to the floor. I looked over at Jason, seeing he had the same look on his face.

"How did I do that?" I asked. He shrugged, and went to pick up the letter. I saw his eyes skim the 8 words, a faint pink appearing on his cheeks.

"Huh. And I thought Celestia was a troll."

I smiled, trying to hold back my giggles. But I couldn't help it, what he said was so funny! I burst into laughter, falling to the floor. Soon, I heard deeper laughs, only to see Jason laying next to me, laughing and crying at the same time. I soon came to tears.

After catching my breath, I stood up, wiping the joyful tears from my eyes. I hadn't laughed like that in years, ever since my mother died.

Mother.



My lingering smile faded, replaced with a frown as big as the Brooklyn Bridge. Mom had died of cancer three years ago, my once uncontrollable laughter gone. Mom could always make me laugh, from stupid jokes to insults from the people who used to bully me. She was my best friend, and she had to go away.

I sat where I stood, staring at the floor. I could feel the tears coming, but I did my best to try to keep them in. I didn't want him to think I was a baby.
But it was no use. I started to sob, the tears streaming down my face. Soon I started to cry, the sobs becoming louder and louder until they were screams.

"Why did you have to go, mom?" I asked to myself, staring at the ceiling.

I felt something furry go over my body, covering me like a blanket. I looked over only to see Jason, his wing over me, sitting by my side. He smiled while my sobbing stopped.

"So," he said after a while. "You lost your mom?"

I looked down. "Yes. Lung Cancer. Three years-"
I started to sob again, making me not able to finish my sentence. Jason pulled his wing closer to him, making me shift. My face now rests on Jason's neck, my tears wetting his coat.

"Lemme tell you a story." He said. "I was adopted, you know. My parents were young, and they weren't ready for me, so they gave me to this adoption center. I was soon adopted by a loving family who was willing to accept me as their own. As I grew up, though, I never forgave my parents for giving me up."

I looked up, seeing he was looking straight ahead, probably deep in thought.

"When I went to college, I got curious. I digged into my parents to see they were married and had no children. I went to go meet them, the sins of their past still laying on me, and saw they hated to give me up. I then grew a relationship with my parents, and started to love them."

I smiled, thinking of how nice that would be. A frown then appeared on my tear-stained face.

"Why are you telling me all this?" I asked looking up at him.

He looked down at me, a smile stretching his lips. "Sometimes you need a good story to help with the bad."

I smiled, showing I was happy to what he said. Soon, though, things took a different turn. Our lips drew near, inches apart, my brain screaming kiss the horse!! I could feel his breath, and at that moment, drew in.

Author's Note:

Spike woke up, hearing screams and sobs. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, knowing Twilight was crying about the death of her favorite author, Parchment. He got up from his bed, walking to his closet.
He opened the crystal door, and pulled out a box labeled, Night Helpers. He carried the box over to his bed, and sat on the comfy sheets. Opening it, he saw the most important thing to get sleep in this place; earplugs. He pulled them slowly to his ears, still hearing the sobs, them plugged them straight in, hearing nothing.
He then lay in his bed, his mind wandering to a certain ice cream dream.......

Comments ( 1 )

I love the like/dislike ratio on this story! Lol, if you're making this many people angry, then I say you're doing something right!

Login or register to comment