• Published 22nd Jun 2015
  • 738 Views, 3 Comments

A New Agent - Just A Random Pegasus



When Princess Celestia restarts the Monster Prevention Agency, or the MPA, Bon-um, I mean, Sweetie Drops, is called to be in the group once again. When she returns home, Lyra has a question for her.

  • ...
4
 3
 738

Welcome!

"FINALLY!" Lyra shouted as she realized the long twenty minutes had passed. She then dashed on over to the castle, leaving Sweetie Drops behind.

"Lyra! Wait for me!" Sweetie Drops shouted as Lyra stopped in her tracks.

"Bon-Bon, the princess called me over. I think I should enter the castle alone," Lyra informed as she took off again. Sweetie Drops rolled her eyes and trotted after her. She was planning to just wait outside the castle. She wanted to know if Lyra got in as soon as possible.

Lyra looked up and saw the gold exterior of the Canterlot Castle. Her heart started racing as butterflies flew in her stomach.

"This is it, Lyra," the unicorn told herself as she trotted into the castle. Her hoof touched the soft, red carpet as she entered. When she looked up, she saw none other than Princess Celestia herself. The princess looked down at her and smiled.

"Good afternoon, Miss Heartstrings. I suppose you are wondering why you are here," Celestia informed as Lyra quickly nodded.

"Yes, your highness. Am I in trouble?" Lyra questioned, sounding as convincing as she could be. Celestia giggled.

"Of course not! Follow me. I need to take you to a private room," Celestia informed as she walked up the stairs. Lyra followed behind her. Normally, if a princess took her to a private room, her mind would be racing with possibilities of what might happen. But at this moment, she knew what was happening. Celestia opened a door to a room that nopony was in and entered. She held the door for Lyra, who walked through, looking at the interior. After she was in, the princess closed and locked the door to make sure nopony will enter.

"Um, Princess? Why do we have to be in a private room?" Lyra questioned as Celestia smiled a little bit.

"Lyra, I am about to tell you one of the biggest secrets that I hold. And I hope you won't tell anypony. Understood?" Celestia informed.

"Yes, Princess."

"Alright. The reason I called you here is that... I think it would be great for you to be a member of the Monster Prevention Agency, or the MPA."

"The what now?"

"The MPA is a secret agency that fights and exterminates monsters. With your skills shown today, and the fact that you and Sweetie Drops are best friends, made up my decision to let you in."

"Cool! But what does Sweetie Drops have to do with this?" Lyra questioned. Lying with a straight face to the princess was one of the hardest things Lyra had ever done. But she knew if she let the secret slip in any way, that Sweetie Drops might be in trouble with the princess. Her thoughts were cut off when Celestia answered her.

"Sweetie Drops is in the agency, just like you."

"Really?!"

"Yes. She had to keep it a secret from you. She also had to change her name when coming to Ponyville, but I suppose she had you address her by her real name?"

"Yeah..." Lyra responded, hoping Celestia doesn't ask her any more questions.

"Alright. Just making sure; you want to be in the agency, right?"

"You bet I do!" Lyra responded, realizing how impolite she was being to the princess. "Um... I mean... yes, your highness."

"Good. Will you be in Canterlot with Sweetie Drops much longer?" Celestia asked.

"I'm not sure how long we're going to be here," Lyra responded, wondering why Celestia wanted to know.

"Well, is it alright if you stay in Canterlot a little longer?"

"Why?"

"Since you are a new member of the agency, I will have to train you, so you will know what to do if you come across a monster. I will also have Sweetie Drops help you, since she knows you much better than I," Celestia informed as Lyra smiled.

"Sounds good! Are we training right now, your highness?" She questioned.

"Well, if you want to. I'm good with whatever time. Find Sweetie Drops and bring her over here, and then we can start."

"Okay. Thank you, Princess!" Lyra thanked as she walked out of the room and waved to Celestia. She then ran down the castle hallways, through the main foyer, and out into the city. The sun was high in the sky, marking afternoon. Lyra then got a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah! Time to train! Woo-hoo!" Lyra quietly said to herself as she ran to go find her friend.