• Published 22nd Jun 2015
  • 738 Views, 3 Comments

A New Agent - Just A Random Pegasus



When Princess Celestia restarts the Monster Prevention Agency, or the MPA, Bon-um, I mean, Sweetie Drops, is called to be in the group once again. When she returns home, Lyra has a question for her.

  • ...
4
 3
 738

The Meeting

Sweetie Drops stepped off the train and breathed in the fresh, Canterlot air. She looked up and saw the Canterlot Castle towering overhead, which was the place where she would need to enter. She walked forward, seeing many high-class ponies pass by. As she walked up to the shimmering gold castle, she was confronted by two guards standing outside.

"Who goes there?!" The guards asked at the same time, their voices booming. Sweetie Drops opened her briefcase, looked around to make sure nopony was watching her, and took out a little card. Special Agent Sweetie Drops was marked on it, along with Princess Celestia's Stamp of Approval, making it easy for any officials to tell that she worked for the agency. The guards looked at the card and immediately nodded their heads. The tone of their voice softened, reduced almost to a whisper.

"You may enter," one of the guards informed.

The other chimed in. "They are all in the meeting room upstairs. Do you know where you're going, Miss Sweetie Drops?"

"Yes, sir!" Sweetie Drops answered. The guards then let her pass. After she passed them, she walked along the red carpet leading to a small flight of stairs. As she looked around, she noticed an almost eerie silence in the castle. She climbed up flights of stairs and walked along the empty hallways until she found the meeting room, which also had another royal guard positioned outside. Sweetie Drops once again took out her identity card and showed it to the guard. He nodded his head and knocked on the door.

"Princess!"

"Yes?" Sweetie Drops could tell that voice was Princess Celestia's. She was the leader of the agency, after all.

"Sweetie Drops is here," the guard informed.

"Let her in."

The guard then opened the door for Sweetie Drops as she stepped in. She looked around, seeing almost everyone that used to work with her. She took a seat across from Princess Celestia and set her briefcase down on the table. The guard shut the door as Celestia spoke.

"Welcome back, Sweetie Drops. We have only two members to wait on, and then we can start the meeting," Princess Celestia informed. Sweetie Drops nodded her head. After the next twenty minutes, the remaining two entered as Celestia spoke.

"It's nice to see you all here again. I'm happy you all could make it here today, since we have quite a bit to go over. First, does anypony have any questions?" A sky blue unicorn by the name of Minuette raised her hoof. "Yes, Agent Minuette?"

"How did you hear about the threat?" She asked as a few ponies in the room nodded their heads in agreement.

"One of the guards told me that they heard one pony saying that Canterlot would be a great place for their master to take over. The next day, many more ponies looked like they were trying to find easy spots to attack here. We don't know when we're going to be attacked, if at all, but we still need to prepare anyway," Celestia informed. She then levitated nine folders out of a drawer, one for each of the members except herself.

"Um, Princess?" A yellow unicorn mare asked. Celestia set the folders down on the table.

"Yes, Agent Lemon Hearts?"

"What if we don't get attacked for a really long time? Will we just keep a lookout for years until it finally happens?" Lemon Hearts asked.

"We won't be as worried about protecting if it takes that long for the attack, but we would still need to see if we can spot any signs of suspicion. I would assume that if it takes that long to make the attack, either whatever is plotting against us gave up the idea, or they are creating a huge plan to attack. We hope that it doesn't take that long, though," Celestia answered as she slid each of the members a folder.

"These folders have descriptions of what each of you should do if you see any sign of suspicion. It also gives directions on how to protect the citizens, and some training skills that you may need. We honestly don't know what we're going up against, but it could be any kind of monster. If the situation becomes too hard, I could call Princess Twilight and the other element bearers over, and see if they can help. Anymore questions?" Celestia looked around and saw that nopony had their hoof raised. She then nodded as a small smile formed on her face. "Alright then. Have a great day all of you. I am happy we are getting the organization back together again. Oh yeah, one more thing. If a monster does try to attack where you're living, make sure to take care of it. Goodbye, everypony!"

As everypony filed out of the meeting room, Sweetie Drops put the folder in her case. She then exited the castle and trotted to the train station.

"Next stop: Picnic with Lyra!" She said to herself as she boarded the train.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed! :pinkiehappy:

Just so you know, Colgate is the same pony as Minuette. The character tag is labeled "Colgate," though. :derpytongue2: