• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 5,386 Views, 753 Comments

The Sun of My Heart 2: Love's Flames - BlueSun52



Coming back in this comedy romance story, Soul once more joins in on his fellow friends and family on crazy adventures while having the sweet and lovable Sunset Shimmer by his side!

  • ...
34
 753
 5,386

Chapter 22

Where It All Started

A couple of weeks have passed since Novel was born, and now the Fall Formal was just a few days away. It would mark the first anniversary between Soul and Sunset having started dating, and Soul was doing his best to get ready for the occasion. He had been working on something that he believed would make Sunset feel wonderful and remind her once more how lucky he was being with her since that fateful day.

Soul was whistling to himself as he was heading out to prepare a few more things for the event and wanted to make sure everything was in place for it. As he was walking towards the front door, he saw Pinkie playing with his little baby sister, Novel, in the living room on a playmat while Dawn was watching.

“Who’s a cutie patootie, huh? Who’s a cute little patootie?” Pinkie playfully said. She was lying on the ground with Novel as the little infant was squirming around on the mat and looking around the room. Dawn sat beside them. “Thanks again Dawn for letting me play with your little baby girl.”

“It’s no problem, Pinkie,” Dawn said. “I know how much you wanted to play with the baby, what with you setting up my babyshower, coming by to see how I was doing with her, oddly asking when she was going to come each time you did and…. finding you laying in my bed with me in the morning with your head on my stomach trying to listen to her,” she grimaced as she remembered these events. “..... Anyways, yes, it’s alright with me…. I hope.”

“Alright, I’m going to be out for a bit,” Soul said as he walked to the door and stopped when he grabbed the handle. “Is there anything you want me to get while I’m out?”

“Can you go by the store and get more baby formula?” Dawn asked. “Your sister already drank up almost all of it already. She’s a hungry girl, aren’t you, sweetie?” She rubbed Novel’s back gently as Novel looked up to her with a blank expressions with her mouth open.

“Sure thing, mom. Hey Pinkie, did you get all the things I asked for?”

“Why, yes I did, Writy!” Pinkie replied. “I got everything set up for you just like the decorative frostings of a wedding cake.”

“Sweet, Sunset is going to love this.”

“Sweetie, can you give me at least a hint at what you’re doing?” Dawn asked.

“Sorry mom, but you and Sunset are very close and I’m afraid that you’re going to tell her if I say what it is,” Soul said.

“Oh please, I’m not that immature.”

-Ten Minutes Later-

“He didn’t tell me what it was!” Dawn said over the phone with Sunset.

“Dang it! I was really hoping that he would tell you,” Sunset said. “Ever since he said that he was going to do something special for the dance, I’ve been trying to get it out of him.” It was true. Sunset had been trying to get Soul to tell her about his big surprise for the last two weeks sometime after Novel was born. All he ever said to her was that he was going to show it to her at the Fall Formal and wouldn’t say anything else. Normally she would just be patient about it and wait until Soul was ready to show it to her, but since their first anniversary together was coming up and he was really emphasizing that it was going to be big for her, he made her very curious about it. “Was there anything that he said that could give us a clue or something?”

“Sorry, honey. That boy has kept his lips tight and made sure that he didn't say anything that would give it away. Pinkie seems to know what it was, but…. I just have better luck interrogating a toaster than talking to her about it.”

Sunset let out a sigh. “Well, thanks for helping me anyway, Dawn,” she said. “Oh, and how’s little Novel doing?”

“She’s doing well, thanks for asking,” Dawn answered. “Pinkie is over here right now visiting her. I was thinking of asking her if she could be our official babysitter if Comet and I ever need to get out of the house.”

“I think that’s a terrific idea. Pinkie really loves kids and babies, and she does a great job taking care of them. The Cakes always ask her to take care of their little ones whenever they need to attend to some business at the cafe.”

“That reminds me, I should talk to Missus Cake about letting Novel have a play date with her kids sometime. Oh, it would be so adorable to see her be friends with them.”

“I’m sure Missus Cake would love to do that. Anyways, I have to go. Rarity said she had this dress for me to wear and she thinks that it’ll really knock Soul out of his shoes.”

“Alright then, I hope the dress is nice, and I’ll see you soon. Have a nice day, girl.”

“You too, Dawn.”

Sunset hung up and took a sip from her drink. She was at the cafe enjoying some tea as she usually did whenever she felt like going out by herself. Just as she let out a content sigh, her phone rang. She looked to see that was an unknown number.

“Weird, who could this be?” Sunset asked herself. She pressed the Answer button and brought it up to her ear. “Hello, who’s this I may ask?”

“Sunset, is that you!?”

“Treble? What’s wrong, you sound troubled.”

“Yeah, um, I may have made a comment to Soul about how Star Wars is a parody of Spaceballs and, well, eventually our argument went so far that he tied me up and now we’re watching the entire Star Wars saga. He even has the commentary on.”

“I showed proof after proof that Star Wars is not a parody of Spaceballs, but the other way around! Seriously, why are you so persistent on something so ludicrous!?” Soul shouted in the background.

“HA! You just used ludicrous! And everyone knows that Spaceballs was the first movie to use that word in history, thus making Star Wars a parody of it!”

“What!? That doesn’t even—AUGH! Now I know why I never talked about you so much.”

“I thought it was because my author didn’t create me until sometime later and said that we were best pals before Sun of My Heart.”

“Wait, what?”

“Anyways, the point I’m making is, Sunset, please save me!”

Sunset gulped as she didn’t want to go through another Star Wars marathon and preferred to stay as far away as possible. But Treble was in trouble and he was pleading for her help. She was trapped in this situation. On one hand, she would be able to avoid Soul’s crazy fan boy movie marathon, but she would be abandoning a friend in need, and she didn’t want to feel guilty about it. After giving it a moment of thought, she let out a sigh.

“Hang on, I’ll be on my way.”


At the home of Rarity Belle, she was humming a song to herself as she worked on the dresses for herself and her friends. She really was taking her time with the dresses, preparing them for the upcoming Fall Formal. Just as she was putting on the finishing touches of one, she heard the bells from the door to her shop opening.

“I’ll be there in just a minute,” Rarity happily sang, getting excited for the Fall Formal and seeing her friends in the dresses she was making. She set aside her tools and walked out towards the entrance of her little shop. “Hello, how may I—Oh, Sunset, you’re here!”

“Hey, Rarity,” Sunset greeted. “Sorry I took so long. Had to deal with Soul for a bit.”

“It’s quite alright, but whatever has our dear friend gotten himself into now?”

“Treble made a comment about Star Wars about being a parody of another movie.”

“Oh dear.”

“Yes, and I’m not going to go into details about it, but I was able to get Treble out of there and prevent another Star Wars marathon.”

“Oh, that is a relief. I really do not want to relive another marathon like that. I hated it when he sprayed us with cold water whenever we were about to fall asleep.”

“Yes, well, that’s what I get for having a dork of a boyfriend…. Anyways, I wanted to see the dress for the dance.”

Rarity smiled. “You’ve come just in time, dear. Follow me and I’ll show you the dress of your dreams,” she said. She lead the way towards her work area where several dresses and outfits were made or in the middle of being made. The two walked over to something that was covered by a sheet and Rarity grabbed ahold of it. “Behold, one of my greatests masterpieces!”

Rarity pulled the cover away and Sunset was in awe at the dress she was seeing. The dress was a pale aqua color that darkened as it went down. It had a single green pearl on the center bust of the dress and a shining green pearl necklace around the neck of the mannequin.

“Rarity, it’s so beautiful!” Sunset squealed gleefully. “It’s so perfect! Are you sure you want me to have it? It looks like you put so much work into it.”

“Well, I may have put a little more into yours than the other dresses,” Rarity admitted.

“But why? Why put more work into this dress than the others?” Sunset asked.

“Let’s just say that something special is going to happen at this Fall Formal,” Rarity said as she winked at Sunset.

Sunset raised a brow. “What do you mean?” she asked.

“You’ll find out quite soon~” Rarity replied, hiding the excitement in her voice.

Sunset rubbed the back of her head when Rarity left the room. She looked over to the dress one more time before cracking a smile as she gently placed her hand on it.

‘Babe, you really are going to love this,’ she thought. ‘And whatever you’ve got planned, there’s no doubt this will top it.’


“Alright, let’s go over the list, you three,” Soul said. “Fancy suit and tie.” He looked over his white tuxedo suit and his blue tie. “Check. Cologne, check. Combed hair, check. Freshly brushed teeth, check. And borrowing mom’s car for the night, check. Everything’s all good. Thanks Toby, Shella and my little baby sis.”

Toby and Shella were on the bed with Novel and were sticking their tongues out at Soul. Novel had her pacifier in her mouth and was giving her older brother a blank stare. Novel was crawling towards Soul as she was about to reach the edge of the bed. Soul walked over and picked her up from the bed.

“Alright, let’s go downstairs and see mommy and daddy before your big bro heads off and has the time of his life with his Sunny,” Soul said before opening the door and heading downstairs with her while the two dogs ran past them and waited at the bottom floor. He carried Novel over to the living room and saw both of their parents relaxing on the couch. He went over and handed Novel to Dawn as he made his way towards the front door.

“Alright, I’m heading out now,” Soul said. “I’ll probably be coming in late… Or until in the morning.”

Dawn let out a low groan. “Just please don’t do anything you would regret,” she said.

“I’m sure I won’t. Bye mom, bye dad!”

“You have a nice time, bud,” Comet said.

“And make sure Sunset has a good time too,” Dawn added.

Soul nodded and waved goodbye at the two before walking out the front door and getting in the driver’s seat of Dawn’s car. After picking up Sunset and seeing her in her new dress, the two made it to the school and saw all their friends heading inside. On the way, they saw a few faces that they recognized.

“Hey there, Treble!” Soul greeted.

“Hey man, how’s it going?” Treble asked. “Man, this party is sick.”

“I know, right?” Sunset said. “I’m guessing you came here by yourself?”

“Well, yeah, but hey, all my friends are coming here, so why miss out?” Treble explained. “Besides, there hasn’t been any girl that interested me anyway.”

“Really? I kinda thought you would have tried going out with Vinyl,” Soul said.

“Who?”

Soul pointed behind Treble and Treble looked behind him only for his eyes to widen and his heart to skip a beat. He saw Vinyl in a dress that was classy-looking, but had a retro style that would fit a Dubstep-lover. Treble grew a big dumb smile as he gazed at Vinyl with awe.

“She’s….. a goddess!” Treble declared. “She will be mine!”

“Trust me, dude, you shouldn’t rush headlong into this,” Soul suggested. “You should just talk to her and try to be friends with—Treble?” He looked around to see that his friend was suddenly gone and out of sight. He then saw Treble talking to Vinyl for a moment before offering his arm to her. She accepted it, and the two went inside. “Well…. that just happened.”

“I’m sure that they’re not going to hook up after tonight,” Sunset said. “Vinyl broke up with someone a few months back and I’m sure she isn’t interested in dating right now. I bet she’s just pitying the guy.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

The two then saw both Sonata and Warhawk coming by and Sonata saw the two before she started waving at them.

“Hey you two, glad to see you made it!” Sonata said.

“Good to see you too, Sonata,” Sunset said.

“Hey Warhawk, I see you’re coming here with Sonata,” Soul said. “You two hooked up or something?”

Warhawk rolled his eyes. “No, we just came here together as frie—”

“Yeah, Warhawk asked me to the dance as his date!” Sonata interjected. “I’m so glad he’s my boyfriend!”

Warhawk furrowed his brow. “Sonata, I asked you if we could come here as friends. I never said this was a date,” he pointed out. “And I’m not your boyfriend. We never agreed to be a couple. This is literally the first time I’ve ever heard you call me your boyfriend.”

“Oh…… Do you wanna be my boyfriend?”

“....... Let’s just go inside,” Warhawk replied as he took Sonata with him.

“You didn’t say no~” Sonata pointed out.

“Stop it.”

The two entered the school, and Soul and Sunset started to laugh.

“Oh man, there’s never a dull moment with Sonata around,” Soul commented.

“Yeah, she really is fun to have around,” Sunset said. “You know, I think she and Warhawk would make a pretty sweet couple.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, they have been friends for a while before we met him and—” Sunset’s words stopped in her mouth as she saw someone she wished she didn’t see. “Ah crap.”

Soul raised a brow and looked over to see with horror Adagio. Her hair was much smaller than it was before Sunset had cut a lot of it off after Adagio tried to have her way with Soul at their mansion. However, it seemed that her hair had grown in well and was done up in a small ponytail behind her head. But what started out was fear was soon replaced with surprise when they looked over to see that she was holding onto a guy’s arm. He had dark grey skin and black hair with red stripes in it. Particularly eye-catching were his irises, which blazed red.

“Sunset. Soul,” Adagio greeted bluntly.

“Um, hi, Adagio….. Who’s this?” Sunset asked slightly nervously.

“Oh, hi there, name’s Daemon Wraithe. I’m also this cute angel’s date.”

“Say wha?” Soul asked in surprised.

“Now if you would excuse us, we have a dance to go to,” Adagio said before smiling at Daemon. “Come on, dear. We should head on in where all the fun is.”

“Right behind you, sweetie.”

Just as the two were heading inside, following behind them was Aria who was being escorted by a boy with blue skin, shining silver hair, and sky blue eyes. Just as Soul and Sunset were about to greet them, Aria interjected.

“Shut up, it’s none of your business,” she said before taking her date inside with her.

Soul and Sunset blinked a few times before looking at each other.

“Wanna just head inside?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah, sounds like a good idea.”

Soul held out his arm and Sunset firmly wrapped her arms around his before the two headed inside with the rest of their friends. The dance was in full swing as everyone happily chatted with one another, with their dates, or with their friends. A large group of people gathered around in the center as they danced the night away. Soul and Sunset were dancing in the group with their friends nearby, and while all of it was going on, Soul was doing dance moves that he had seen in the game Destiny. Surprisingly, people thought he was generally a good dancer.

So much was going on that the first hour quickly went away as everyone was having a good time. Eventually Soul and Sunset went over to a table where most of their friends were and sat next to Pinkie and Swift. Sunset looked over to the group and saw something she didn’t expect.

“Hey babe, look at this.”

Soul looked over to see Zero and Twilight slow dancing together with many of the other couple dancers.

“Wait, when did they become a couple?” Soul asked.

“Oh, Zero just asked Twilight to the dance the day before all this! It really surprised all of us. Zero admitted that he really thought Twilight was super nice and he wanted to take her here as her date,” Pinkie explained. “She thought about it for a moment and she decided to give it a try.” She leaned over to Sunset and whispered, “She admitted that he was cute-looking.”

Sunset giggled. “Well, I hope that everything works out for them,” she said. “Though, don’t you think this just came out of the blue? When did Zero and Twilight start liking each other that way?”

“Who knows? I mean, we do stuff all the time without everyone being together,” Night said. “There are friends that we have that not all of us know about. Like me and Flutters here, we found out that we were long lost childhood friends before we went to the last Fall Formal.”

“Wait, really? You never told us that,” Clyde said.

“See, that’s what I mean.”

“I feel like every time a Fall Formal comes along, everyone suddenly becomes a couple with someone else,” Rivet pointed out. “It’s kinda disturbing when you think about it.”

“So, you’re saying dating me is disturbing?” Rainbow Dash asked with a raised brow.

“Oh no, our relationship is natural,” Rivet replied.

“Hey, um, has anyone seen Applejack around?” Fluttershy asked. “I don’t think I’ve seen her anywhere.”

The group looked around the huge room for Applejack for a moment until Rarity spotted Applejack and her eyes widened with shock.

“I don’t believe it!” Rarity said. “She over there dancing with Straight!”

They all looked over to see Applejack and Straight slow dancing together in the center of the room. Everyone was in shock of seeing this and Rarity’s eyes had stars in them.

“Awwww, they’re so cute together,” Rarity commented before letting out a gasp. “We should try getting them togeth—”

“No Rarity, no!” Clyde interjected. “We’re not doing that again!”

“But she—”

“Remember! Your hair was green the last time!”

Rarity thought back for a moment and a shiver went down her spine. “N-Nevermind,” she said. “I believe that watching from a far-off safe distance is good enough.”

“Good.”

As the dance was going on, coming in through the front doors were Princess Twilight Sparkle and Spike. She looked around for a moment before seeing the others and walking over to them.

“Hey everyone,” she greeted.

“Twilight, you’re here! But you already were here, but then again, that’s this universe’s self over there dancing with someone and you came from another world filled with magical ponies and are over here,” Pinkie said. “That reminds me, when can I go over there?”

“Wait, my other me is dancing with someone?” Twilight asked, oblivious to Pinkie’s last question.

Pinkie pointed and Princess Twilight looked over to see her counterpart dancing with Zero. “So wait, are they dating or something?” she asked.

“We’re still debating about it,” Rivet answered.

“So, how has everything been going for all of you?”

“You want me to explain it with hand gestures?” Swift offered. “Because a lot has happened and I’ve been dying to use them again.”

“That’s… not necessary, Swift,” Princess Twilight replied.

“Your loss.”

The music began to die down and the lights were now focused on the stage where Principal Celestia stood over by a microphone. Vice Principal Luna stood by her side and was holding a box.

“Hello everyone here at CHS. I see everyone here is having a great time.”

Everyone in the crowd let out their cheers of excitement.

“And now we’re happy to announce our new Fall Formal Princess for this year,” Celestia said before looking at Luna with the box while she opened the box which had a crown and envelope within it. Celestia opened it up and pulled out the name of the winner. “And the winner is… Sunset Shimmer!”

Sunset’s eyes widened with shock and her mouth was agape when she heard her name. Soul held her hand and guided her to the stage as she was still in shock of her winning this Fall Formal. While all the students were cheering for Sunset as she walked towards the stage with Soul, she looked over to him.

“I-I don’t understand! I thought everyone never wanted me to win the Fall Formal anymore!”

“That was when it was the old you,” Soul said. “I may never have known her, but I got to meet you, and when I did, I thought you always deserved to be a princess. And you’ve done so much for the school. You saved everyone from the Dazzlings and you stopped Twilight from taking over the school when all that magic took over her. If anyone deserves to be a princess for their senior year here, I truly believe that it’s you.”

“Wait… Was this the surprise you were working on?”

“Guilty as charged, baby,” Soul answered and winked at her.

“How?”

“Let’s just say I had to call in a lot of favors to make this happen.”

“Pinkie helped, didn’t she?”

“..... Hey, it worked didn’t it?”

Sunset smiled warmly at Soul and gave him a hug. “Thank you so much, Soul,” she said as tears were forming around her eyes. “You always make me feel like the most wonderful girl in the world.”

“That’s because you are the most wonderful girl in the world,” Soul said before leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

Sunset blushed and walked up to the stage as everyone kept on cheering for her. She walked up to Celestia with a smile while tears were streaming out of her eyes. Celestia gently placed the crown over her head and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“I am so proud that you’ve grown up into the person that you are today, and I hope that your future is as bright as it is now,” Celestia said to her.

Sunset sniffed. “Thank you, principal…. It means so much hearing that from you,” she said before hugging Celestia. Celestia smiled and hugged her back.

After that, both Soul and Sunset had their own dance to themselves as everyone watched for a bit before joining in on them. The night passed as everyone continued to have fun there. Eventually, everything came to an end as it was midnight and the school was closing down for the night. Many of the few students that were still there soon left to go back to their homes, while Soul and Sunset headed back to her apartment.

As they were making their way towards her door, the two were passionately french kissing one another. They got to her door and Sunset leaned back against it as she didn’t want to turn her back on Soul on this beautiful and blissful night just to open a door.

“Soul, can you reach into my purse and pull out my keys?” she asked before pressing her lips against his once more.

Soul didn’t need to answer her and he reached into her purse that hung around her shoulder. After a moment, he found them and attempted to get the key into the doorknob slot while he was still wrestling his tongue with hers. Finally he was able to get the key in it, twisted it open, and the couple was able to get inside.

The two continued on until they reached Sunset’s room and the two practically fell on the bed together. Sunset slowly moved her hand towards Soul’s tie and tossed it to the side of the bed. Soul reached around Sunset’s neck and took the necklace off of her and placed it on the stand next to the bed. The two took one another’s clothes off until they were in their underwear and the two were under the covers of the bed with their clothes lying on the floor.

A moment had passed after the two had stopped kissing and gazed into one another’s eyes with strong and warm feelings for each other. Sunset placed her hand on Soul’s chest and looked at him lustfully.

“So, is this when we—”

“We’re not there yet, Sunny,” Soul playfully replied. “Close, but not there yet.”

Sunset rolled her eyes before smiling at Soul. “This was the most wonderful night ever, Soul,” she said. “Thank you for not telling me your surprise, but you didn’t need to do this.”

“Sure I did. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t make sure my best girl became princess of the Fall Formal one last time before graduating?.... Besides Clyde of course.”

Sunset giggled. “That was really sweet of you to do,” she said. “I hope Rarity wasn’t upset about it. She did win last year’s Spring Fling dance princess and wanted to win again this year.”

“I talked to her and Clyde about it and they were more than willing to let you have the title this year. Plus, there are like two or three more other dances. They can pretty much have them,” Soul explained. “I just thought this dance would be more sentimental with, you know, everything that had happened to you.”

Tears were once more developing around Sunset's eyes that night, and she leaned over to press her lips warmly against his. Their cheeks lit up with warmth as Soul wrapped his arms around Sunset and pulled her closer to him, rubbing her back with one hand and stroking her hair with the other. Sunset wrapped both of her arms around Soul as she used one hand to ruffle through his hair and pulled him close for a light kiss. Soon the light kiss turned into a deep passionate one as neither one of them wanted to let go of each other. It felt like forever for them as they continued to express their deep feelings for one another with their lips pressed tightly together.

Eventually they pulled their lips apart and Sunset nuzzled under Soul’s neck as she let out a blissful sigh. “I love you, Soul,” she said.

“I love you too, Sunset,” Soul responded. “This was a great night for us.”

“Hmhmm, sure was…… Hey, babe?”

“Yeah?”

“I was thinking, with Christmas coming in a couple of months, I thought about something that I think you would like.”

“Like what?

“Well, for this Christmas, how about you come with me and we can celebrate my world’s holiday?”

Soul pursed his lips as he was processing the information. “You mean what you call ‘Hearth's Warming Eve?’ Well sure, but wouldn’t it be weird celebrating it here? I’m sure we can still celebrate with the others at my family’s farm,” he said.

“No, Soul, I meant…. In my world where we can celebrate it with my family,” Sunset clarified. “You know…. as ponies.”

Soul’s eyes widened with shock. “Say whhaaaaaaaaaa!?”

“You were there for me last Christmas, and I really want you to be there with me. So I decided to let you come with me and see what my world is like. Haven’t you been curious about what it would look like?”

“Well, I’ve always wondered and all, but I just thought it wasn’t a good idea because of magical reasons that I just couldn't understand or I made up just so I wouldn't get confused.”

Sunset giggled. “Twilight and I mostly made sure no one would use the portal because we could always run into our world’s version and everyone would get confused,” she explained. “But we’ll be in Canterlot, and I’m pretty sure the Soul in my world would be up there to meet you.”

Soul thought about it for a moment before making a serious face. “He may share the same name and looks as me, but he’s not going to get my Sunny, that’s for sure,” he said before laughing. “But yes, I understand the reason.”

“So, you're up for it then?”

“Why not? I would love to go there with you.”

“Great!”

Soul smiled. “Well Equestria, brace yourself, because another Soul Writer is coming your way!” he declared.

“Oh Celestia, have mercy on all of us,” Sunset joked.

Author's Note:

*Gasp!* Soul is going to Equestria! Woo hoo!

I wanna thank KillerRobotQuote for his editing and proof reading!
Also, I would like to say for everyone to say a prayer for him as he had to go to the hospital because of a stomach virus.