• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 5,387 Views, 753 Comments

The Sun of My Heart 2: Love's Flames - BlueSun52



Coming back in this comedy romance story, Soul once more joins in on his fellow friends and family on crazy adventures while having the sweet and lovable Sunset Shimmer by his side!

  • ...
34
 753
 5,387

Chapter 21

Code Baby! I Repeat, Code Baby!

One week has passed since the incident with Soul losing his bike because of Rainbow Dash’s antics. However, he was happy that when the weekend came, he was able to get his Harvey back, especially since it looked brand new with more updated motocycle parts which made it much smoother to ride in. Also, he and many of the students and teachers had a good laugh for the entire week from seeing Rainbow Dash wearing different frilly outfits each day as her embarrassment had gotten more and more enjoyable.

Now it was early Monday morning and Soul was getting ready for school while letting Sunset sleep in his bed for a bit longer. Soul decided that since his mom always comes in and sprays them with a water bottle every time Sunset comes over to spend the night with him, he would set his phone to vibrate in the morning so it wouldn’t wake her up or let anyone know that he was awake. Sunset didn’t think it would work, but it always seems to do for him.

Soul went over to the mirror and shaved his facial hair until all that remained was his signature chin beard. He looked at the mirror with a smug smile.

‘Still looking good,’ he thought to himself.

After washing away some of the aftershave, Soul walked towards the bed and sat down beside his sleeping beauty. He smiled as he looked at Sunset’s sleeping face as the early morning sun’s light streamed around her. He raised up his hand and gently placed it on her face as he slowly rubbed her cheek. While still asleep, Sunset grabbed his hand and smiled. Soul leaned down to her as he kept his hold on her hand and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Wake up, Sunny. It’s time to get up,” he softly said.

Sunset let out a moan. “Can you just let me sleep for five more minutes, baby?” she asked while keeping her eyes closed. “It feels so good sleeping in your bed.”

“I know it does, but we have to get ready for school,” Soul pointed out. “You don’t want to spend the whole day in bed, do you?”

Sunset slowly opened her eyes and looked at Soul with sleepy bedroom eyes. “If it means I get to sleep with you, yes I would,” she replied. “Unless we’re doing more than sleeping?”

Soul blushed and gave her a serious look. “You always say that whenever we sleep together,” he said. “We agreed that we would save that for something special.”

“I know, but you’re just so tempting, babe,” Sunset said. “I can barely contain myself whenever I’m near you. Can’t we just-”

Soul placed a finger on Sunset’s lips and smiled. “When the right moment comes, I’ll let you know,” he said and gave her a peck on the lips. “Now come on, you’ve got get up and be ready for school.”

Sunset smiled. “Alright, you win,” she said as she got up and stretched. “I do have a very good attendance record. Might as well keep up with it.”

The door to his room suddenly opened and Dawn entered with a bottle of water in her hands. She walked into the room expecting Soul and Sunset to be asleep and was surprised to see them both awake.

“Wait, what? You two are already awake?” she asked.

“Yes mom, we are,” Soul replied with a smug smile. “We slept for the whole night together once more. And now you can’t do anything about it since we’re awake, so you can’t use your water bottle. What are going to do now?”

Dawn eyelids lowered along with Sunset’s. Dawn raised up her water bottle and squirted at Soul’s face as he tried to cover his face.

“AAAHH! What the heck!?” Soul yelled.

“As long as you sleep with a girl out of wedlock, you’re going to get squirted with water,” Dawn said. “Now please leave this room while Sunset gets dressed.”

Soul let out a sigh. Just as he was walking out of the room, he looked back and waved at Sunset, and she waved back. Then Dawn squirted more water at him to keep him going.

“Seriously boy, when you have a kid of your own, you’re not going to like it when they sleep with other people,” Dawn said.

“Sheesh mom, relax will you? We just sleep together. It’s not hurting anyone,” Soul defended.

“Yes, but it increases your chances of getting into that sweet little lady’s pants, and I’m not having that,’ Dawn retorted. “She may be okay with it, but I’m not. I want this to end after today.”

“Or what? I’m almost nineteen, mom. You gonna have to do something so terrible that it would stop me,” Soul said.

“I’ll burn every copy of your Star Wars movies and Halo games.”

Soul’s eyes widened with terror and his face went pale. “Woah, woah, let's not go that far!” he panicked. “Can we just talk about this first? Like adults?”

“This is adult talk. Either you do as I say or I take something from you,” Dawn said. “I believe your history teacher taught something like that about mankind.”

“Come on, mom, she lives in an apartment by herself every night while her parents are literally in another world. You’re telling me you want me to let her sleep alone every night as she cries herself to sleep knowing she can never see her parents as much as she wants to?”

Dawn rolled her eyes. She was very much aware of Sunset coming from another world, but didn’t believe it at first until the Friendship Games since she was there cheering for her kids with the others parents. Quite frankly, she took it better than anyone else…. though she did still freaked out about it “Son, the portal to her world is not that far. She can go in and out of it whenever she wants,” she said. “And her parents are rich where they come from, so I’m sure that they have the power to spend time with her whenever they want to as well. In fact, you’re even lucky that she wants to stay here with you. She could have just as easily gone back home and left your sorry butt here alone with no girl to sleep with at all.”

“Wait, wouldn’t that encourage me to sleep with her more if that was the case?”

“...... Shut up and eat your breakfast downstairs.”

“Ha! I got one in!” Soul bragged as he went downstairs before he was shot one more time in the back of the head with more water.

The door was open and Sunset was walking out of the room fully dressed and ready for school. Dawn looked at her and smiled.

“How are you doing this morning, Sunset?” she asked.

“I’m doing well, Dawn,” Sunset replied. “How are you doing?”

“I’m doing good, thanks for asking.”

“If me coming over here to sleep with Soul really has been that bothersome to you, I’ll stop if you want,” Sunset offered. “He is your son after all, and this is your house that he lives in.”

Dawn let out a sigh. “You know, you’ve been here so many times that I already consider you a member of this family. And I can’t always stop my son from doing things he wants and who he wants to be with. So you are always welcome to come here whenever you want,” Dawn said with a smile. “But I want you to do two things.”

“What are they?”

“Do not tell Soul this. I still wanna squirt water at him, and he might propose that you should live with us.”

“Wait, I can live here?”

“Are you still able to pay your rents?”

“Eeehh-”

“No. And second, please come in through the front door. I’m tired of seeing Comet move that damn ladder that you keep using to get up in his room.”

Sunset twirled her fingers around as she let out a weak chuckle. “Will do,” she said. “So, that’s it then?”

“That’s it. Now you better get down there and eat something before you two leave.”

Sunset nodded and gave Dawn a quick hug before she went down the stairs. Dawn hugged back and watched Sunset walk down the stairs. She looked down at her belly and let out a small giggle.

“Well, little lady, looks like you’re gonna have a big sister as well,” Dawn said to her belly. Then she felt a kick from inside her stomach and she winced in pain because of the suddenness of it. “Augh! God dang, girl. Are you lifting weights in there?”

After eating breakfast, Soul and Sunset waved goodbye to both Dawn and Comet as they went on to school. As usual, Soul got on his bike and Sunset rode on the back of it as she wrapped her arms around him. The two drove off the driveway and headed straight towards Canterlot High.

Dawn was sitting comfortably on the couch as she watched TV. Comet was walking by in his guard uniform and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“Alright, I’m on my way to work. Ya need anything honey?” Comet asked.

“No sweetie, I’ll be fine,” Comet said. “Just make sure you come back in one piece.”

Comet laughed. “I’m just going to go up to the station and do paperwork as usual,” he explained. “I’m not going to be in a firefight.”

“Well, you never know. You did join the National Guard and they do tend to send you somewhere to blow stuff up,” Dawn commented. “Just like you and Rift blew up that building.”

“Hey, he was a professional demolitionist and was licensed,” Comet retorted.

Dawn raised a brow. “Honey, he wasn’t licensed until after that,” she said. “You two were in jail for that night.”

“Well….. I’ll just head out,” Comet said in defeat and walked out the door.

Dawn shook her head and went back to watching tv. After her husband had left the driveway and was gone after a while, she decided to grab something from the kitchen. Just as she made her way towards the kitchen, she suddenly felt something wet beneath her. Raising a brow, she looked down to see that her feet were wet and the water was coming all the way from her-

‘Oh no,’ Dawn thought inwardly. ‘No, no, no, no, nonononononononono!’

“My water just broke!” she shouted. “I’m going into labor! It’s okay Dawn, you were prepared for this. We ran all those drills with everyone in the family….. Except I forgot to run a drill where I was the only at home alone!”

Dawn started to panic and walked around the living room in circles as she tried to collect her mind and calm down. “Alright, I’ll just call Comet and tell him to pick me up,” she said to herself. “He’ll have plenty of time before I start feeling the agony of birth.”

Dawn grabbed her cell phone and started dialing Comet’s number. After a minute of the phone ringing, she heard the ringing cut out.

“Hi, this is Comet.”

“Honey, I need you to-”

“Sorry, I’m not available right now. I’m either busy at work, tending to some problems my son’s in or dealing with my crazy wife. Just leave me a message and I’ll get back to you.”

“SON OF A- Wait, crazy wife!? Oh, you bastard!” Dawn cursed. “Alright, plan B!” She then dialed her son’s number.

‘Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up!’

“Hello!”

“Soul, please come and-”

“HA! Got you! Can’t pick up right now. I’m either spending time with my girl, Sunny, doing some homework or avoiding my crazy pregnant mom. Just leave a message and I’ll get back to you. May the Force be with you!”

“F*CK!”

Dawn took a minute to calm down and decided to call the hospital. “Hello!? Please tell me this is not another voice mail or I swear I will come down there and smash every phone you have!” she shouted at the phone.

“......N-No ma’am, t-this is not a-a voice mail,” a female nurse answered nervously. “W-What seems to be the trouble?”

“Oh thank god, I’m starting to go into labor and I don’t have any way to get there!”

“We’ll send an ambulance there immediately ma’am. Can you tell us your address or where you are?”

After a couple of hours had gone by since Dawn had called the hospital, Soul was in class and listening to Harshwhinny’s lecture. He wrote all of the more important parts of her lecture and everything just seemed normal and peaceful at the school. Most of his friends and girlfriend were in other classes, besides Pinkie who was a few seats away from him. Just as the lecture had gone on, suddenly Soul’s phone went off and it drew the entire class's attention, including Harshwhinny’s. He had received a call from his mom earlier but he couldn’t answer because he was still driving his harvey to the school and didn’t think it was important since she didn’t try calling him again.

“Mister Writer, could you please silence your phone?” Harshwhinny said with annoyance.

“I’m sorry Miss Harshwhinny, I thought I had it off. I’ll turn it off right no-” Soul was about to press the “End Call” button until he saw that it was his dad’s number. “Wait, my dad is calling?”

“Surely he knows that you’re in school right now.”

“Let me take this call real quick and I’ll turn if off.”

“Fine, I’ll make an exception. Just make it quick, if your father needs to speak to you so badly.”

Soul answered his cell phone and held it up to his ear. “Hello?..... Yeah, I’m at school right now, so I can’t really….. Yeah?...... Really?...... Huh, that’s interesting……….. Alright, thank you for telling me, love you.” He pressed the end button and looked at the class with a calm smile.

“Now that’s over, we can finally go back to-”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!”

Everyone in the room was caught off guard from Soul’s sudden shout as the calm face was now replaced with a panicked one.

“My mom’s at the hospital and she’s giving birth!” Soul yelled.

“WHAT!?” Pinkie shouted.

“I’m sorry Miss Harshwhinny, but I gotta go!”

Soul got out of his seat and ran out of the room leaving everyone shocked. The room was dead silent for a moment until Miss Harshwhinny spoke up.

“Alright class, we should continue on with our studies. Let’s hope that everything goes well for Mister Writer and… Wait, where’s Miss Pie?”

Swift was reading his book in the library as he was catching up on some studies. Just as he flipped the next page, suddenly Pinkie came out right from under the table and pressed her nose against Swift’s.

“SWIFT!”

“AAAAHH!”

Swift’s chair fell over and he landed on his back. “P-Pinkie, what’s wrong?” he asked.

“Soul’s baby sister is being born and we need to get to the hospital now!”

“But Pinkie, we’re still in-”

“I said NOW!” Pinkie shouted and grabbed Swift. “Come on, we need Warhawk for this!”

“Wait, Warhawk?”

Warhawk and Sonata were walking down the hallway as she was telling him more about her time in Equestria as a siren.

“...And that’s how fishes were made,” Sonata explained. “And I guess it’s the same way here too, right?”

Warhawk had a disgusted look on his face. “Y-Yeah, that’s how it somewhat works,” he said. “Is there a trash can somewhere?”

“I don’t see any,” Sonata replied. “Anyways, yeah, that’s why we decided on world domination instead of doing all that stuff.”

“At least your plans had some justification. I still think Sunset’s plan on taking over everything with a teenage zombie army was a stupid idea,” Warhawk commented. “Anyways, we better go and get to—”

“WARHAWK!”

“GHAAA!”

Warhawk jumped back as Pinkie came out of nowhere and screamed right at his face.

“Pinkie, what the he—”

“Soul’s mom is having a baby and we need to get to the hospital!” Pinkie explained. “Do you have your Jeep with you!?”

“Wait, how do you I have a Jee-”

“Sonata, take Warhawk to the Jeep and me, Swift and Treble will gather up the rest of the gang!”

“Wait, Treble?” Swift asked.

“Hey guys!”

“WHAAAA!”

Swift jumped back to see Treble was standing right behind him.

“When did you get here?”

“Oh, the author just wanted me to do some crazy fourth wall stuff. I can see why he would do that since I am the boy version of Pinkie Pie and all,” Treble explained.

“I know, isn’t that cool?” Pinkie asked. “He really does love your crazy random story and your author keeps on busting his gut out with some of the jokes he comes up with.”

Warhawk looked between the two as Sonata and Swift looked at them with confused. “What the f*** are you guys talking about?” he asked.

“No time! Sonata, execute plan Delta Eleven, stat!” Pinkie commanded.

“On it!”

“What are you—WOAH!”

Sonata pulled Warhawk’s hand and the two made their way towards the parking lot.

“Alright, let’s get everyone now!”

One by one, Pinkie gathered up everyone in their group as she and Treble were popping out everywhere and grabbing them. Swift just watched all the chaos that was going on around the school until Pinkie grabbed him and dragged him towards the parking lot. Everyone in the group was confused about what was going on, so when Pinkie came back with Swift, Rarity spoke up.

“Pinkie dear, what in heavens is going on?” Rarity asked.

“GRRRR, I’m so tired of answering this!” Pinkie complained. “Soul is having his baby sister and his mom is at the hospital giving birth to her!”

“Wait, she is!?” Sunset asked. “That would explain why I saw him run off in the parking lot. I just thought he forgot his backpack… again.”

“Nope, this is the real deal, people!” Pinkie said. “Now get in the Jeep!”

“Pinkie, there’s not that much room for this many people,” Warhawk explained. “There’s no way all of us can be in there.”

“I’ll show you!”

“I think we just need to calmly think this through for a moment and—AAAAAAAHHH!”

*THUNK!*

“OW!”

Pinkie had grabbed Rivet and thrown him into the Jeep through the back. One by one, she threw her friends as some of them struggled against her and tried to run away but had failed and ended up in the Jeep. She lastly threw Zero in there and closed the back with her friends crammed into the Jeep.

“AUGH! Can someone please move their hand from my face!?” Straight asked.

“Get your feet from my face then!” Rainbow Dash retorted.

“Um, Zero, can you look away from me?” Fluttershy asked. “I’m not particularly comfortable with the way you’re laying on me.”

“Sorry Shy, but I can’t really move,” Zero said. “Though I can’t really say I feel the same you do.”

*SMACK!*

“OW!”

“That’s my girl, dude!” Night yelled after stomped on Zero’s hand.

“Sorry, sorry, I was just—”

*SMACK!*

“OW! What was that for, Twilight!?”

“Oh, um….. No reason,” Twilight replied after she had slapped Zero on the side.

“Okay, whose hand is that!?” Rarity asked angrily.

“Mine!” all the guys said at the same time except for Zero.

“Really guys!?” Clyde asked.

“Pinkie, let us out of here!” Applejack shouted.

“Warhawk, are we all set to go?” Pinkie asked as she popped her head out of the pile of her crammed up friends.

“W-Wait, how did you get in if you shut the trunk and everyone was—”

“Then floor it!”

Warhawk panicked and started the Jeep. It pulled out of its parking space and drove off onto the street. After a moment of driving down the road at the speed limit, Pinkie popped her head out once more.

“Why are we going so slow?” Pinkie asked. “We need to go on to top speed!”

“I am not going to go full throttle in this Jeep,” Warhawk replied. “We’ll get in trouble and it’s dangerous.”

“Someone said they need someone to drive dangerously?” Treble asked as he popped out next to Pinkie.

“No, I said—”

“Let me take care of this,” Treble said before changing his voice into a deeper tone. “I know what to do.”

Treble came around to the front and sat right on top of Warhawk’s lap.

“What the hell!? Get off!”

“It’s time to go Fast and Furious Eleventy!”

“There’s only seven of them, idiot!”

“Once I’m done, there’s going to be eleventy of them,” Treble stated.

“That doesn’t make any—LOOK OUT FOR THE SIGN!”

Treble looked in front of him and saw a stop sign that they were heading towards. He swerved the Jeep away from it. There was then an upcoming red traffic light while there were cars and trucks driving. Everyone screamed as they were heading straight towards the intersection with no stop in sight.

“TREBLE, WHAT THE HELL!?” Warhawk yelled.

“Oh please, my parents do stuff like this on a daily basis,” Treble replied. “I’m surprised that my dad still has his driver license.”

“So, you have your license, right!?” Swift asked.

“...... Define ‘have,’ ” Treble answered.

Everyone’s eyes widened and they all screamed as Treble laughed like a maniac.

After driving his bike down to the hospital, Soul parked his bike and started running up towards the entrance of the large building.

‘Oh, thank god I’m here!’ Soul thought to himself. ‘I thought I was going to get into a lot of trouble driving up here in a hurry. What a break I got.’

Just as Soul was about to reach the entrance, he suddenly heard the screeching of tires. He stopped in his tracks and looked over to see a large Jeep crashing through the decorative bushes. Soul looked closely to see his friends in the truck with Treble at the wheel while a terrified Warhawk sat behind him. The Jeep was getting closer and closer to him with every second passing by.

Soul nodded slowly as he rubbed his chin. “Yep, I always knew my friends would be the death of me,” he commented before flinching and bracing himself for impact.

Treble put his foot on the brake and the Jeep came to a screeching stop a couple of inches away from Soul. Soul stood still in terror before opening one of his eyes and letting out a sigh of relief. The back trunk of the Jeep flew open and everyone fell out all at once as they groaned in pain.

“Soul, we came as fast as we could!” Pinkie said as she ran up to Soul and started shaking violently. “Where’s your baby sister!? Is she here!?”

“I-I don’t think so, I think she might be still in the building,” Soul answered.

“Then let’s go!” Pinkie then ran inside with the others recovering from what had happened and they all stumbled inside the building. After checking in with nurses, they were being escorted towards the maternal ward. When they were about to enter where Dawn was, the nurse told the gang that only family members and selective guests could enter. Applejack went inside first and Soul looked over to Sunset and held out his hand towards her.

“Let’s head on in,” he said with a smile.

“M-Me?” Sunset asked with surprise. “I know we’ve dated for a long while, but—”

“Come on, this is a special moment for me and… I want to share this moment with you,” Soul said as he gently held her hand and started showing her inside the room. All of the girls went “aww” at the sweet moment for the two while Pinkie was crying with tears of joy and the boys just watched on with smiles.

After going into the room, Soul and Sunset saw that Dawn looked exhausted but was fine. She also saw Applejack with Big Mac, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith and learned that they were still at the farm before they had heard about the whole thing. Big Mac had to stay home from school because of some issues that were going on around the farm and Granny Smith needed the extra pair of hands. Apple Bloom had heard everything and she was able to catch a ride when Big Mac called her and drove her over to the hospital. The only reason why they didn’t pick up Applejack was because she had her cell phone off and Apple Bloom didn't know where to find her.

Soul looked around and saw Comet holding onto something that was covered in a cloth. Comet looked up to them and gave them a warm smile.

“Do you wanna see her, buddy?” Comet asked.

“Yeah, I really do,” Soul replied as he and Sunset walked closer to Comet and they looked down at her. The infant had pale orange skin almost like Dawn’s and was very small. To anyone else, she looked pretty much like what any infant would look like. But to him, she was no ordinary infant. She was his little sister. Comet offered for him to hold her and he agreed. Comet lifted her up and Soul gently wrapped his arms around her carefully. Soul looked down at her as she squirmed around in his arms. Sunset looked at her as she laid her head on his shoulder and smiled.

“She’s so beautiful,” Sunset commented. “What’s her name?”

“Novel. Novel Justine Writer,” Comet said.

“That’s a beautiful name,” Sunset said. “Wait, if she has a middle name, does Soul have one too?”

“Yeah, his middle name is Benjamin.”

“Your middle name is Benjamin?”

“Uh, yeah, but I usually prefer Soul,” Soul said. “It makes me sound cooler.”

Sunset rolled her eyes and looked back at Novel with a smile. “Soul, you’re a brother now,” she said softly. “I bet that makes you feel so happy knowing that this little girl is so lucky to have a sweet brother like you.”

“Heh, yeah, she really is,” Soul said as he lightly laughed. He then looked down at Novel. “Just like I’m lucky she’s my little sis.”

“Can Ah hold her?” Apple Bloom asked. “Please?”

“Now Apple Bloom, this is our cuz’s sister. Ah think he has a right to hold her a little longer,” Applejack interjected.

Apple Bloom made a pout. “Okay, Ah’ll wait then,” she said before looking back at Novel and smiling again.

Soul held Novel for a few moments before he turned to Sunset. “Do you wanna hold her?” he asked.

Sunset looked at Soul with surprise, and after looking at Novel as she thought about it, she turned back at him and simply nodded. Soul handed Novel over to Sunset carefully and she looked at Novel with a smile as the infant wriggled in her arms.

“She’s just so tiny,” Sunset said. “You’re a very lucky father, Comet.”

“Thank you, Sunset,” Comet said.

“Can I see her again?” Dawn asked weakly.

“Of course, Dawn,” Sunset replied. She walked over to Dawn and gave Novel to her.

Dawn held her little daughter in her arms and she leaned over to give her a gentle kiss on the head. The family and Sunset gathered around Dawn and they looked at Novel as she laid in her mother’s arms, resting after being born into their world. After taking in the sweet moment of her baby girl, Dawn looked over to Soul with a smile as he smiled back.

“This was the exact feeling I got when you were born, Soul,” she said. “And since that day, I never let go of that feeling. I love you, Soul.”

“I love you too, mom,” Soul said back.

“Also, you’re going to babysit her when me and your dad have to get away from you two,” Dawn said with a smile. “And no pay.”

Soul looked at Dawn in annoyance. “Really?” he asked. “You had to say that?”

Everyone in the room let out a laugh at Dawn’s comment and Soul’s unfortunate duty as a brother. Sunset leaned in and kissed Soul on the cheek, which helped him feel better. The family stayed together until the nurse had to send off for the night.

….. And most of Soul’s friends had to spend detention for a week and Treble and Warhawk had to do one hundred hours of community service for the damages they did on the road.

Author's Note:

And the sister has come! Hope you had so much feel from this:twilightsmile:

I wanna thank KillerRobotQuote for his editing and proof reading!