• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 596 Views, 8 Comments

Bringing Nightmare's Back - Sparkler-iFIC



Nightmare Moon has waited in hiding all of these years... At last now's her chance to strike. It would seem like an ordinary winter, if not during the middle of summer. The darkest hour has come...

  • ...
 8
 596

I think I found Waldo! (Part 3)

Luna rolled her eyes, "Celestia, you raised it a few HOURS ago!" She groaned, "Listen, Tia. I think the ice and cold weather is just getting to your head... That's it." She said before giving Celestia a hug.

Celestia sighed with relief, hugging her back, "I guess your right... Thank you, Princess Luna." Celestia said formerly as she let go walking away, "I must return to my duties. I have more important things to be doing at the moment." She said calmly walking downstairs heading for her throne room.

Luna's ears perked up, as she dropped her glass of milk. Her head turned to face Celestia who didn't even stop when the glass crashed. Luna narrowed her eyes and her ears folded down. Her eyes flickered from her normal eyes to nightmare moon's eyes. She sighed taking a deep breath, before pausing, "Did I even raise the moon?" She asked herself, before giggling lightly, "Of course I did." She then got up and trotted off saying in a cheerful tone, "Ah Celestia, of course thou has more important things to do besideth talk to us. We completely understand." She rolled her eyes before looking down rather gloomily, "Riiight..."


At that moment the clouds in the sky churned bringing even more snow and ice across Equestria. So much that it had gotten inside Canterlot Castle. As Luna made a step for the stairs ice grew around her touch. She gave a small and quick gasp lifting her foot off. The stair case within seconds was covered in ice. Luna's eyes widen, as she stayed dead silent. Everything around her was freezing except for the pathway to were Celestia had left. She groaned rolling her eyes running down the stairs getting away fro the freezing ice mess in the kitchen. She looked around seeing Princess Celestia on her throne, along with two guards. She was looking through scrolls and letters from- Oh you got to be kidding me! Luna couldn't help but give a disgusted snort, "Twilight's old friendship letters" Hear me when I say this, but to Luna's standards Celestia is obsessed with them!

Luna grunted lowly as she then walked down the hall in plain view of Celestia, exiting the doors trying to find the stain glass room.

-Celestia's version-

Celestia had walked downstairs, sighing as she made her way to the throne room. Two guards quickly then just took immediate place at her sides, before she sat down and they went to their post. She sat down with a sort of gloomy look. "Guard, bring the ruined notes." The guard nodded dashing off. Coming back within minutes he handed her a bunch of loose papers and scrolls. Celestia sighed with a slight smile, as she began to look through them. "The letter from Nightmare Night." She chuckled, reading it, "How lovely..." She sighed skipping to the next one continuing on reading. That was until Luna came into the hall. "Luna?" She asked with question. Luna seemed to have ignored her. She rolled her eyes, with a small sigh as she continued to read on.

-Back to Luna's perspective-

Luna sighed trotting along through the halls in Canterlot, looking at all the stain glass windows. She giggled softly, "Here we have Princess Twilight's stain glass window..." She trotted along, seeing Princess Cadence's and Shining Armor's window. Then we had Discord's glass window. She stopped, as she looked at the defeat of Discord. Her eyes began to glow neon as she looked upon it, with a small grin spreading across her muzzle.

She closed her eyes taking a deep breath. She continued to walk on looking upon the walls before stopping instantly. She looked upon the glass window...

Here was the Stain Glass window, that preserved the day she was defeated once again by the mane six. Even if it was for a good cause, Princess Luna was always aggravated by it.

She narrowed her eyes, "She should really take this one down before somepony get's hurt." She mumbled quietly, before trotting on, right before Slam! she ran right into the door, falling back. She blinked puzzled, as she looked up. "There never was a room here..." She mumbled to herself, as she got herself up slowly, and used her magic opening the door. Her eyes flashed white, and her horn began to glow yellow as she then walked through the door.

In her mind something whispered,
"From this door you will see the truth
Beneath your sister's lying hoof,
A secret she hid for all these years
to hide herself from her terrible fears,
A window she took down right on that day
even now if you asked she would never say,
not once did she mention this one piece of art,
because she simply thought it would tear you apart."

Luna walked inside as the rhyme grew louder in her head, over and over again, before it was just the last two lines inside her mind. She saw it was one giant white sheet covering something underneath. Her eyes began to widen, and her heart pounded. Her eyes beginning to glow brighter white along with her horn glowing yellow. The door slammed shut but she didn't turn around. She then used her hoof taking off the white sheet, before gasping.