• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 596 Views, 8 Comments

Bringing Nightmare's Back - Sparkler-iFIC



Nightmare Moon has waited in hiding all of these years... At last now's her chance to strike. It would seem like an ordinary winter, if not during the middle of summer. The darkest hour has come...

  • ...
 8
 596

Lying with Honest Intentions (Part 2)

Celestia sighed turning to Luna, at that second her eyes closed. Celestia had not noticed, and she gave a small smile, "Oh sister... I love you." She chuckled warmly, "And now's the time so say... Sweet Dreams." She sighed happily, as she then walked off the balcony and headed for downstairs.

A tear rolled down Luna's eye as she opened them, to only just be her normal blue eyes. She looked over to where Celestia left, giving a long sigh, before closing her eyes and began to sleep once again. Once she had closed her eyes she muttered something to herself. At that point ice began to grow around the entry way slowly sealing off the balcony.

Celestia was walking down to the kitchen before then gasping loudly as she slipped down the stairs. She tumbled down to the rug just below the stairs. She groaned, slowly fixing herself up, and looking to the stair case, "It's frozen... on the stairs." Her eyes widened, "Luna!!!" She shouted.

Luna was gone from her bed, instead she was in the same room and opening up the fridge. She held a cookie in her mouth along with carrying a milk jug, with her magic. She was puling out a pizza box from the fridge, "Yes Celestia, what is it? I'm right here there's no need to shout." She gave a light giggle as she slowly munched on her cookie.

Celestia's eyes widen, before sighing with relief, "Oh luna! You're alright!" She hugged her wrapping her wings around her. Surprised Luna accidentally, dropped her milk jug, and it fell to the floor letting milk get everywhere.

Luna frowned, "Ah dang... I dropped my milk. And... Yeah, I'm alright why wouldn't I be?"

Celestia looked at her slightly confused, "What? But the stairs! They were frozen! ... And, I thought you might have been trapped upstairs..." She said still sounding slightly worried. It seemed that Luna didn't even care for the cold!

Luna giggled, "Celestia, what are you talking about? The stairs aren't frozen." She raised a eyebrow, "Were you that loud sound falling down the stairs? ... You know you could just use your magic right?"

Celestia sighed, "Unicorns haven't been able to use magic, because the freezing cod would only freeze their magic, making it turn to ice freezing all around their horn."

Luna continued to munch her cookie, not seeming to care, even letting the milk continue to spill, "O-oh! Right, I forgot. You have your wings though..."

Celestia sighed closing her eyes, "When Pegasus open their wings their feathers freeze, along with their wing bones, not allowing them to fly. Luna, do you remember any of this?!" Luna finished her cookie not even paying attention before realizing she was biting her hoof.

She looked down before giving a small giggle, "Of course I do! I was just testing you to see if you knew or not! A pop quiz." She smiled as she looked down to her milk, picking it up and then cleaning it up with a towel.

It was only now Celestia acknowledged what she said before, "What do you mean the stairs aren't frozen?"

Luna sighed rolling her eyes standing up and pointing to the stairs, "I mean... The stairs. Aren't. Frozen." The stair case, was completely normal with no ice.

Celestia blinked, "Oh... It must have been by imagination... This ice is getting the best of us."

Luna simply nodded before opening up the pizza box. There was one slice left. Her eyes widened as she saw Celestia eyeballing it. Quickly Luna snatched it when Celestia was about to take it. Luna then shoved it in her mouth already chomping on it. "Mine." She said as she swallowed.

Celestia sighed rolling her eyes, "At least I have some cake left-" She stopped and looked slightly confused, "Hey Luna... Did I raise the sun? I feel like I haven't for days now... Did I?"

Luna raised a eyebrow at Celestia, "You raised it like a few hours ago... It's morning." Celestia nodded, "I guess... Are you sure?"

Luna sighed rolling her eyes, "Yes I'm sure." Celestia once again spoke sounding even more puzzled as well as panicked, "I don't remember raising the sun..."