• Published 13th Jul 2015
  • 269 Views, 0 Comments

Recovering Memories - Autumn Lightsky



Ryuko has been around for about a year now. His mind is still a bit clouded but his memories start returning. How will this affect his current relationships and his mind?

  • ...
 0
 269

Chapter 1: Learning Secrets

Twilight

She couldn't believe it. Of all the things her brother kept secret from her this was the worst. How could he not tell her personally that he was getting married!

"Shining... When we get to Canterlot I'm going to have a word with you.." Twilight grumbled as she stacked books. There was no doubt she was annoyed at her brother, but there was something that she knew was more important right now. She turned her head to Ryuko, who was also stacking books but looked as if he was in a trance. "Ryuko, are you doing okay?" She asked walking over to him.

"Huh?" He said turning suddenly. "O-oh. Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking..." His voice trailed off.

"Is it the dream again?" Twilight asked. It had been four days since he had the dream about his daughter. He wouldn't tell her much about the dream, she was fine with that but she was still worried.

"Yeah... I just don't know what happened to her. And the fact that I never got a response from Celestia worries me even more." Ryuko said as he sat on the floor with his back against a shelf. He wrapped his arms and wings around his knees and lowered his head. "I just want to know what happened..."

Twilight sat down next to him. And kissed his cheek. "I know Ryuko. But we can clear this up tomorrow. Okay?" She asked. Ryuko nodded in response. He then wrapped one of his wings around Twilight. "We can get through this together. We're a team, right?" She said putting out her hoof. Ryuko smiles and put his fist up to her hoof.

"Right. A team till the very end." Ryuko said. He leaned in and kissed twilight causing her to blush a bright red. "I guess all we have to do now is wait for tomorrow." She nodded at his comment and smiled. Hopefully she could talk to her brother and also Ryuko could meet Luna about his dream.


~that night~

"Do you think you'll be able to sleep tonight Ryuko?" Twilight asked. She was still worried about his recent increase of insomnia, but she believed that talking was helping.

"I'm not sure. I hope I can." He said laying down into bed beside her. He wrapped one of his wings around her and pulled her close. "Thanks for everything you've done for me Sparky." He said. To finish it he placed a kiss on Twilight's lips.

"As I said before, as long as your happy, I'm happy." Twilight said smiling. "Now remember, we have to get to the train early tomorrow in order to get to Canterlot on time. Okay?"

Ryuko smile and responded, "okay. See you in the morning Sparky." He kissed her forehead and laid down to rest. "Let's hope we both can get some answers." This night Ryuko was the first to dose off. Twilight had so many questions that she didn't know the answers too. Some were about this Miamore Cadenza Shining was marrying. Others were about Ryuko and his recovering memory.

"Maybe I can ask Luna for help tonight. She may be able to shed some light on the subject." With that Twilight laid down and drifted off to sleep. A few moments later and she woke up in a place that could only be described as a dream. "Princess Luna? Are you there?"

She heard the faint sound of clopping hooves and a voice. "I am here, Twilight Sparkle. I assume you've called me due to Ryuko's dreams?" Once Princess Luna came into view Twilight nodded her head. "I see. Well, we have a lot to discuss then. Follow me." With a worried look, Twilight followed Luna through the dreamworld.

"Princess, have you seen any of Ryuko's dreams? Mainly, ones about his daughter. He's been distant ever since he had one about her." Twilight asked. She had hoped that this would help her understand what was going through his mind.

"Unfortunately, I cannot show you dreams about his family. I promised not to show anyone, not even you." Luna said with a somewhat sad look on her face.

"Not even me? But I'm his special some pony..." She sat down and look at her hooves. Her ears dropped a bit as she thought.

"It's not that he doesn't trust you Twilight. It's that he's afraid of what might happen." Twilight perked up and cocked her head a bit. "Here, let me show you what I mean". Luna's horn glowed as a rusty metal door appeared beside the pair.

The door opened to reveal the downstairs portion of the library. "Please Twilight! Why is it so bad?"

"Because she can't be trusted! I mean look at her, she's obviously hiding something and she just looks plain evil." She heard her own voice say. She turned in shock to find that her dream self had the look of complete anger and rage.

"I thought you were able to look past that... Was I wrong?" Ryuko said back.

"Well, maybe you and your daughter just need to leave. Leave and never come back." The dream twilight said. This cause the real twilight to step back. She would never say that to Ryuko. Especially if they were talking about his daughter. She wouldn't be like this, right? Just as Twilight's eyes were tearing up the door closed on the dream.

"Do you see now Twilight? He's afraid of what might happen. He knows that you'll do your best to accept his daughter, but he fears it won't be enough." Luna said looking off into the distance.

"So what do I do Luna? If my best isn't going to be enough then what should I do?" Twilight asked, her heart aching from the dream she just witnessed.

"I know not of what you must do, but you can try to be open to change. Otherwise, this may happen in reality." Luna responded. "Heed these words for the future Twilight. I have other matters I must attend to. Goodbye Twilight." Luna said disappearing into the mist.

"Goodbye Luna..." Twilight responded. Distraught of what to do. Was it really possible for her to do that? She didn't know what to think. "I really hope that doesn't happen..." Twilight said as she laid down her head in her hooves.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment