• Published 13th Jul 2015
  • 272 Views, 0 Comments

Recovering Memories - Autumn Lightsky



Ryuko has been around for about a year now. His mind is still a bit clouded but his memories start returning. How will this affect his current relationships and his mind?

  • ...
 0
 272

Prologue: Nightmare of the Past

Ryuko

Ryuko found himself wandering the halls of Canterlot castle. "How did I get here? And why am I here?" He asked himself. He started to hear a female voice.

"Daddy? Where did you go? I'm scared daddy..." It said. He turned the corner to find a young filly laying on the ground near the was. The filly had bug like wings and holes in it's black hooves. Her mane looked like her wings. She also had a small horn on her head.

"H-hello? Little filly? Are you okay?" Ryuko asked getting closer. She turned her head and ran to him.

"Daddy! I was so scared daddy. Everyone told me I was a freak and a waste of space.... Why do they say these things daddy? I never did anything to them..." She said holding him tightly.

"Daddy... Daddy knows that what they say is wrong. Now, tell daddy who you are and who you always will be." He said in a comforting tone. She smiled a bit and sniffles a bit.

"Chrysalis... And I'll always be your little champ!" Chrysalis said hugging Ryuko tightly as her tears were wiped away.

"Wake up, please wake up...." He heard a voice say.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" The filly asked. "Are you okay daddy?"

"WAKE UP!!!" The voice yelled. He suddenly shot up only to collide foreheads with Twilight. "Ryuko, what happened? You were shaking and I didn't know what to do." She asked quickly, not minding the forming bruise of both of their foreheads. It had been almost a year since they had been together. Within that year he witnesses Twilight defeat discord after regaining her friendships.

"... I saw her...." He said simply.

"Saw her? Who did you see?" Twilight asked quickly. She was obviously worried about him, but she also wanted to find out more about his nightmares. He had been having them often. He couldn't remember most of them but this one was different. This one he remembered vividly.

"I-I saw... My daughter..." He said. Twilight gasped and then hugged him.

"Was it a good memory?" She asked. He shook his head no. She frowned. "Did you get any information on her? There has to be a bit of good news."

"We need to go to Canterlot." He said getting up quickly. "And we need to go now. I have some questions for Celestia."

"We'll be able to go next week when we go to organize my brothers wedding, okay Ryuko?" Twilight said. She still seemed worried about his recent nightmare. Ryuko didn't respond for a minute or two, which caused Twilight to kiss his lips.

The warmth comforted him, and he responded with a simple, "okay." He smiled weakly. "I'll try to get some sleep too."

"Good". She smiled back. Her lips were suddenly pressed against Ryuko's.

"I love you Sparky. And thank you for everything."

"As long as you're happy, I am". Twilight said. Both of them laid back down tried tried to fall back asleep. Twilight was the first to doze off while Ryuko stayed awake, staring at the ceiling.

"I love you Sparky, but I'm not sure how to tell you what my daughter was like. I'm sure you would understand, but I'm still scared." Ryuko said to himself. "Next week I'll
meet Luna to discuss about this. Hopefully I'll get some answers." And with that, Ryuko was able to drift off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Here's the first part of the next story. I'm not exactly sure how often I'm going to be able to update with work and all, but I'll do my best. Hopefully I'll
Make this less rushed than the last story.