• ...
 9
 572

A Desperate Plea

"Oh, shoot! They got away with my apples!!" spat Applejack. Drops of sweat slid down from her forehead to her chin. The day had been hotter than any other day. With apple buck season here there was no time to lose. Big Mac was out helping a family member while Applebloom was out with her friends as usual. Her brother was sure to come back soon to help her. Granny Smith sit there in her rocking chair watching Applejack, drifting off to a long nap. It wouldn't have been so bad if her friends weren't all busy as well. On top of all that a lot of bad animals had been coming to Ponyville lately. This cowgirl mare had been chasing after a pair of bunnies for quite some time. She could have kept going if it weren't for a hot, sunny day much like this one. The mare dropped to the ground as if she were about to die. No one was around and heat was getting to her. Her green eyes slowly shut themselves. Heavy breaths soon came from her mouth.

A nervous shout came not far from Applejack. Actually it was only a foot away from her. Applejack stirred and looked up murmuring to herself, "Who in the hay just woke me?!" A pathetic whimper came from none other than Fluttershy. She hadn't meant to disturb Applejack and didn't even realize she had been sleeping.

"Oh. Oh, no. I am so sorry Applejack. I hadn't realized... I was just....um...." The words faded from her thoughts. Applejack stood up, letting out a tedious yawn. Fluttershy looked away, afraid her friend was going to yell at her. Seconds later the orange mare just smiled and waved her tail in greetings. She sat Fluttershy down to talk about what was going on. They chatted away about Luna and Celestia. At first, Applejack saw no problem. She knew Fluttershy was kind and would do this to help save their princess. Neither of them knew how bad the sickness was, but both of them wanted their princess to get better. Nothing struck Applejack as a bad thing. Finally, after what seemed like hours of talking, her shy friend mentioned Derpy the Mailmare. What was so bad about a companion? I'm sure she's fretting over nothing, Applejack wondered. Why Fluttershy would be mad about that?

"I'm just so mad about going with her I could--" Applejack slapped her hoof over Fluttershy's mouth. "Now hush up. What's so bad about her, sugar cube?" Swiftly, Fluttershy removed her trusted friend's hoof and stomped on the ground a few times. Anger flooded through her and she pleaded Applejack to tell Derpy to not go. Still, Applejack did not know what was wrong. From the signs Fluttershy showed, to Applejack it seemed like this pony wasn't easy to be around.

Fluttershy whined."Why if she ruins this I will ..... I will---"

"I will come with you if it helps! Maybe even Rainbow Dash," Applejack opened her mouth to cut off Fluttershy. As she spoke about going with her friend another pony appeared. Rainbow Dash had conveniently dropped down from her cloud. "Dash! Were you spyin' on us?" Their rainbow friend chuckled and nodded her head, "No way you can get me to go with Derpy!"

Long after Rainbow Dash stopped arguing with her two companions she finally got forced into going. Fluttershy had gone to pick up Derpy and Applejack packed food for her and Rainbow. It was about time for them to go. All four mares stepped walked to the outer edge of the Everfree forest and peered in. No matter how scary it was they knew they had to help Celestia. Derpy flew in first and the others followed her in. Would they find the cure in time?

Comments ( 4 )

Good follow up :) Could be longer imo but you can't force a book to be to your specifications, same with a fic on less you're writing it

Jay

This is good :)

I can't wait to see what happens next :yay:

It's sort of out of character for Fluttershy to be the way she is but...well...given that she's not very sociable, it's sort of difficult for her to determine what is wrong with Derpy...

Did you summarize the entire story in the description?

Login or register to comment