• Published 28th May 2015
  • 596 Views, 18 Comments

The Spark Chronicles: Vol. 1: The Adjustment - DimondDoggie



A seventh grade "Anti - Brony" and her Pegasister friend end up the after effect of a wrong spell.

  • ...
3
 18
 596

Everyone's so Screwed

Author's Note:

Please rate this story!

Twilight looked at the floating orb in the middle of her lab. She looked at it with disbelief, trying to find what went wrong in her calculations. Nothing. Everything was perfect. How... how could this have happened?

"Oh, for the love of Luna!!!" Screamed Twilight as her marched up to the orb, a look of disgust on her face. She stared into its green, glassy surface. She noticed something moving underneath its surface. Twilight lifted up her left hoof and wiped off the surface of the sphere. She could barely make out a figure... What was that, a diamond dog? No. Something... else. Apple Bloom trotted up to Twilight, who had stopped talking before the expected rant could be carried out. Apple Bloom looked at the orb over Twi's shoulder, trying to make out what she saw.

"What is it, Twi?" Asked Bloom as she attempted to match the silhouette to her encyclopedia of Everfree wildlife. Twilight looked at her pupil's eyes, seeing the same spark of curiosity she had at her age, reminding her why she had chosen Apple Bloom to be her student; none of the other fillies her age found her interesting, for her knowledge at least. Twilight pressed her forehead to the orb, trying to get a closer look. She could she the figure more clearly now. It was a...

"It's a... human?!" Exclaimed Twilight as she tried to press her head closer, trying to see more clearly. She couldn't believe her eyes. Twilight couldn't believe this. "How could my spell have gone this wrong?! Buck! BUCK! BUCK!!!" she screamed, note she used a word rhyming with 'buck', and not buck.

Bloom watched her mentor break down crying, finally seeing that she couldn't do this. Bloom looked at Twilight, then at the orb. She trotted over to the orb, looking at it's smooth surface. She placed her hoof on it and pressed down. When it wouldn't budge, she pressed harder. She then turned her hind legs to it, and bucked it; it shattered into millions of tiny crystals.

Twilight saw this and cried even harder. Not because she cared about that orb, just cause it breaking... she didn't know why, but it terrified her. Bloom went back to her mentor, and laid beside her, comforting her.

Neither knew the power they had unleashed or the events that were yet to come, nor the choice that would determine happiness or darkness.

~~~~~

"Becky!" Cried Jessica as she saw a faint glow emit from her own hands. She blinked, trying to get what ever was casting a glare out of her eyes. She then looked at Becky, who was also starting to glow a faint green.

"Oh, my God!" She screamed, realizing that this wasn't a trick of the eye, a reflection, or a dream. She then started trying to brush off the light, knowing that it would be in vain. She then thought of something. "Dear Lord, I know I haven't talked to you in a while, but please! Let Becky, and to a lesser extent me, live! I will never say the F-bomb or the C-word ever again!!! And I'll never pick pocket again, unless I'm in desperate need for money! And... I'll... I'll go to church!!!"

She then saw something.

She looked at the green spark floating in front of her face. She slowly wiped away her tears, feeling a rising hope in her chest. She tried to grasp why she felt this hope in her chest, but she decided to forget it and go with it, for once in her life.

The spark started to float away from them, but it stopped when Jessica and becky didn't follow. Jessica picked up her unconscious friend and moved forward, towards the light. The light moved at a steady pace, but one that Jessica and Becky could keep up with. 'I'm following a tiny, green, glowing light, taking God knows where, carrying my best friend that I've known since pre-k, whom is currently knocked out... Shit.' Thought Jessica as she followed the light to the edge of the building. Jessica looked at the edge. She took a deep breath. 'Dear Lord, please... let me know if this light is the work of you or the unholy one.' Jessica prayed in her head.

She looked up and saw a feather float down onto the light. It was a pure white feather. Jessica took that as the sign she needed. She took a deep breath in as she backed up from the edge. She was about five feet from the edge, she hoped that was far enough. She sprinted towards the edge, and when she got there... she jumped.

The light didn't move. Jessica reached for it. She grabbed it, feeling an unbearable burning shoot through her hand, to her arm, to the rest of her body. She she tried to open her eyes, but she couldn't do it yet. She tried to open her eyes after the pain passed from her head, and could open them.

The green light around them was growing stronger. It wasn't just a little glow around them anymore, it was like they were glow sticks come to life. She noticed that she was changing color somehow. Her glow was becoming lighter. She looked down at becky, seeing her glow slowly turn into a light blue. Jessica looked back at her own glow, it had turn into a light yellow. She couldn't believe this, she was floating above an alley with her best friend in her arms, and they were both glowing! I mean... what the hell?!

Then it all stopped. The burning, the glowing, the floating, everything. It stopped. The air rushed up from beneath them. Jessica's scream pierced the calm silence that filled the area around the school. The crunch of breaking bone filled Jessica's ears. Black filled Jessica's eyes as she blacked out.

~~~~~

Becky could hear something similar to, what was it, white noise? No, she could hear words of the like. It was voices. Shouting, crying, ordering voices, there was no telling who they belonged to.

Becky tried to move, only to be assaulted with hellish pain. She screech in agony, wishing she was in hell instead of this. She felt hot tears flow down her face, something was wrong, but she couldn't focus on that with the pain flowing through vain where blood should have been. She started shaking and throbbing, she wanted this to stop so badly, she would have made a deal with the devil.

"How could this have happened to my baby?!" Screamed a voice, somewhere near here, but far away at the same time? Becky tried to get a grip, but she still could stop crying. She knew that voice, she had been raised by it. She could hear her mother screaming and sobbing at the same time. Becky felt an icy chill go down her spine, her mother was great in crisis. If her mom was crying about what had happened to her... Oh, God. What could have happened?!

"Sir, she's flatlining!!" Cried one of the many terrified and desperate voices. 'Flatlining?! FLATLINING?!' Cried Becky in her head. 'No. No! NO! I can't die like this! I can't die! God, no!'

"Clear!!!"

The noise faded, the pain slowly dissipated, and Becky whispered only one word.

Je...ssi...ca...

~~~~~

The smell of fresh flowers and oatmeal filled Jessica's nose as she slowly woke up. She looked around the room, still in that half-awake-half-asleep mode. She just saw a plain light blue walls, a chest of drawers with a large mirror that wasn't aimed at her, and she was lying on a small, dull bed. Jess looked at the covers that were currently covering her body, they were printed with green and blue over lapping polka-dots. She brought her arm up to get the 'sand' out of her eyes. Only to be met with splitting pain.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!" She cried as she held her hand out in front of her face to see what the hell they could have put on her hand to almost crack her skull! When Jess looked at her hand one word came to her mind: fake. This had to be fake. It was a hoof... a HOOF! Jessica started tearing up, her mouth agape with shock; this had to be a sick joke. She was almost afraid to see her other arm and see if the same thing had happened. 'Get a grip! This all a bad dream, so... why not investigate?' Thought Jessica, trying to convince herself this was a dream, well more like a nightmare.

Jessica quickly lifted up her left arm to her face, seeing the same thing, only this one had a bandage around it. Jessica wondered why. She tried to poke it, but was quickly reminded that she now had this stub instead of her... beautiful, handy-dandy fingers. She proceeded to roll her eyes at her weird and at times disturbing train of thought. She then tapped her left arm with her right ha--hoof.

"Ouch," She said in a slightly peeved tone, but not one of pain or hurt. She knew that she probably had some pain killer flowing around in her system, but then... how much had she really hurt her head?!

"Ugh... why do I have to check on the frea--" Said a blonde nurse, looking around twenty as she walked into Jessica's room. She looked up from the clipboard she was ranting to, only to see that the 'freak' was awake and staring at her with a pissed off look on her face. The nurse dropped her clip board, seeing that Jess was awake. The nurse clapped her hand over mouth as she let out a muffled scream, causing Jessica to jump.

"You're...!" Shouted the nurse as she started to back up, trying desperately to reach the door without making obvious. Jessica didn't know what to do... she was a freak? She didn't want to make things worse.

"Uh, listen I don't know how long I've been out... or a horse," Jess said trying to lighten the mode, but she only freaked out the nurse.

"YOU CAN TALK!!!" Screeched the nurse nurse as she hit the fire alarm and fled. Jessica could only sit there in shock. She had scared a twenty year old out of her wits, just because of her looks! Jessica felt something hot and wet flow down her cheek. She felt her insecurity start flowing out of her body in a mass of tears and body shaking sobs.

Comments ( 4 )

Hmm, the preview is alright... Gotta say, I actually like this story, so I hope there's more to come in the future! :yay:

6055592 Thank you. Have you read the first couple of chapters?

Omg this is so engaging!!! :pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

6067673 Aww, thank you so, so much!

Login or register to comment