• Published 28th May 2015
  • 598 Views, 18 Comments

The Spark Chronicles: Vol. 1: The Adjustment - DimondDoggie



A seventh grade "Anti - Brony" and her Pegasister friend end up the after effect of a wrong spell.

  • ...
3
 18
 598

Movie Night and a Spell Gone Wrong

"Shut up, ya bitch!" Jessica screamed at the bleach blonde girl in front of her. She set her fiery green eyed gaze at the previously mentioned bleach blonde, Bailey. Jessica brushed a piece of her short black hair behind her ear, she swore if this girl said another thing about Becky, she would upgrade from small talk to kicking her ass. Bailey looked at Jessica and walked past her, and straight towards Becky.

"So," Bailey started, her voice almost dripping with mischievousness. "you're the bitch that this piece of shit is defending?" Becky looked into her cruel brown eyes. An icy feeling swept over Becky as she saw Bailey's hand grab her backpack. Becky made a desperate attempt at snatching it back, but it was to no avail. "Oooo, what have we here? It must be something you don't want anyone to touch, am I right?"

"Give it back!!!" Becky cried. Bailey's wondering hands crept into the pack right as an uppercut was delivered to her left cheek. A huffing Jessica stood right where the blonde once was. Jessica grabbed the simple white pack from the blonde, who then stated running to the nearest class room. Seeing this, Becky got up and screamed! Not a scream of frustration, but one from a murder mystery when somebody finds the corpse of the victim.

"What happened?!" Shouted Mr. Davis as he rushed to find who screamed. Noticing a crying Becky, he then made his way to her. "What happened?!" Becky looked at him, then started into his shoulder as he patted her on the back. he pulled her away from him after a minute. "Okay, can you tell me what happened?"

"Bailey tried to steal my backpack, it has the last thing my birth mom gave me!!!" Becky said as she kept crying, just not as hard. "She threatened to break it!!" she then grabbed him into another bear hug. Mr. Davis looked simply shocked. he picked her up and started the trek to the office, a certain dark haired kick ass behind them. Jessica looked up at Becky, eyes pleading for mercy. Becky just smiled and winked at her before getting back into character. Jessica was impressed to say the least. This was going to be an interesting relationship.

~~~~

Jessica still thought fondly of the first time she and Becky had met. Sure, in the end they were all given detention and had gotten grounded, but it was worth it to have met each other. At the moment they were hanging out at Becky's house, just watching old animations. She looked up from her phone, and saw they were about to watch her favorite movie of all time: Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?

"Aww, hell yeah!" Jessica shouted as the loading sign went away signalling the start of the movie. Jessica reached into the popcorn bowl, expecting to feel the warmth of popcorn, but felt slightly warmer than room temp plastic. She looked into the bowl and saw nothing but molded plastic and popcorn kernels. "Damnit!"

"Jess!" Shouted Becky, turning her head so fast, her long, curly, light brown pony tail whipped her in the face, causing laughter from her prone to cursing friend. She glared at Jessica until she shut her mouth forcefully with one hand. "You know how I feel about that!"

"Oh, come on!"

"No excuses!" Becky said as she grabbed the empty bowl and filled it with more popcorn. She then sat back down, the popcorn bowl in her hands. Seeing this Jessica let out a groan of frustration. Becky just smirked at this.

Thunder flashed out side, causing one of them to look out the window, the anther jumped while simultaneously screaming. Jessica looked at Becky, knowing her phobia of anything to do storms. Jessica decided to go and get Becky's mom, she knew how to deal with her phobia the best.

"Mrs. Rich!" Called Jessica. She waited for a reply, but was greet with silence. Jessica was confused, she knew that Becky parents were here, maybe they went to bed already? No, it was only nine. Jessica got an unsettling feeling, something was wrong was this. Jessica looked at Becky, she was pale as a ghost. "B-becky? W-where are y-your parents?"

"I have no freaking clue!" Becky shouted. Jessica knew what was going on, Becky was having a seizure. Becky's body started writhing and shaking. Jessica grabbed her friend and held her in her arms as she cried. 'Please be a dream! Be a Dream! Be a dream!!!' She thought as held her friend tightly, making sure she didn't hurt herself.

"God! Help her! Please!!!" Jessica shouted as Becky shook harder than she ever has before. Becky started to moan and groan, almost like a trapped animal. Then she stopped. Jessica looked at her, in fear and hope. It became horror instantly. Becky's eyes rolled back into her head, while that freaked Jessica out, she knew that Becky could do that since she was a kid. What terrified her was when she faintly started whispering voices, not her own voice.

~~~~~

Twilight held her head in her hooves, slowly rubbing her temples. This the fifth time at attempting that blasted spell! She couldn't beleive this, she was an alicorn! How could such a simple spell evade her grasp?! Twilight looked at the notes and groaned... What will it take for this spell to work?!

"Twi?" Called a young female voice. Twilight turned her head to see a teenage yellow earth pony walk into her little lab. Apple Bloom had grew to be a lovely young mare, and caught the attention of more than just one stallion her age. Twilight smiled at her apprentice. Apple Bloom spotted Twilight over by her desk and trotted over, a joyful air around her. "Y'all never guess whats happened!"

"Does it have to do with... Um, Sna--" Twilight started, but stop at the look that Bloom gave her. "Sni--"

"Twilight!" Cried Apple Bloom. Twilight smiled sheepishly as Bloom covered her face with her hoof. Twilight giggled at the teen's reaction, thinking of her own childhood. She had done the same thing where her mom talked to her about crushes. But when she saw Bloom's cherry red face, she couldn't help but laugh.

"So, who's the lucky colt?" Asked Twilight as she pulled up a chair with her magic. Bloom sat down and then started looking through the latest notes that twilight had taken from the most recent attempt at the spell. Twilight's smile slowly dissipated, she knew that look on Bloom's face, it screamed 'Again?!'.

"Twi--"

"I will do it," Twilight said as she snatched back her notes with her purple aura. "I'll get it... just a few more tweaks..."

"Why does this matter to you so much?" Bloom asked, her muzzle in a frown with worry. Twilight just slumped in her chair. Twilight started crying, making Bloom's expression grow to one of sadness. Bloom attempted to place her foreleg around twilight, but was quickly brushed off by one of Twilight's wings. Bloom quietly left the room to let her mentor cry in peace.

~~~~~

Jessica stood there in shock as her friend stopped crying. Becky had just... she didn't know what she had done. She had started one of her normal seizures, then she started talking in voices she could never had made for the life of her. Now she was confused and waking up, like she had just gone to sleep, much less just acted out a scene from a soap opera!

"What the?!" Jessica said, finally getting a word out of her mouth since the stat of this entire thing. Becky looked at her with almost glazed over eyes, as if she still wasn't fully aware of reality yet. Becky placed one hand on the floor in an attempt to get up, but her arm gave out on her mid getting up. This made Jessica wake up from her mental freak out.

"Hey, hey!" Said Jessica as she ran to help her friend. She looked out the window as she helped Becky up, the freak storm had stopped. Jessica got a feel of this event foreshadowing something much bigger. She searched her pockets for something, anything to help Becky. She stumbled across her cell phone, an old shitty flip-phone, but it had service. She dialed nine-one-one as she held her friend close to herself.