• Published 14th Jun 2016
  • 2,455 Views, 73 Comments

Spike the stallion - Wonder



Spike wants to be a pony again and Twilight wants to test a highly dangerous and possibly deadly spell. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
10
 73
 2,455

Things get complicated.

"Sweetie Belle! I'm home~" Rarity sung out as the boutique's door swung open. Spike looked oddly at Rarity for a moment.

"Why did you just repeat what you said?" The ex-dragon scratched his head with his hoof.

"Drama, darling. One cannot simply not make a standard entrance and what better way than to emphasize your arrival." Rarity started walking to walk towards her sister but froze when she realized it wasn't her sister that had spoken. "Oh my, I'm sorry. How rude of me. Is there anything you needed, Sir? Here at carousel boutique we pride ourselves on serving you with apparel to suit any occasion. Was their anything in particular that you were looking for today?" Sweetie Belle took this opportunity to speak up.

"He said he was here to see you, sis." The younger unicorn said as she slowly shifted backwards towards the stairs. She didn't know why her sister was back early but she had to tell the girls.

In response to this Rarity simply rolled her eyes are her younger sister. "Of course he came to see me. I'm the one who makes the clothes. Now go upstairs and do... something." Rarity made a shooing motion with her left hoof which earned a small glare from Sweetie. Rarity sent another glare back at her that promised to come with later punishment if not obeyed. Sweetie soon relented and grumbled as she made her way back up to her room. Once the younger sister was out of sight Rarity turned her attention back to the stallion in front of her. "My apologies about that. My sister means well but she... well, she's Sweetie Belle. So back to the topic of fashion. Was their any particular item you wanted to see today? Perhaps you were after something custom made?"

Spike glance around the boutique for a few moments. He didn't know the first thing about fashion. He knew that stallions wore suits and mares dresses but that was the extent of his knowledge. Anything after that would be pure guesswork.

"Maybe just a suit." He suggested after a few moments thought. "I didn't really come in with anything in mind." He wasn't lying either. He only came her to see Rarity but after running into Sweetie he realized that he couldn't just announce that he was the young dragon that lived with Twilight. She would probably believe him after some explanation but it would just make things more confusing. He didn't really mind that she didn't know it was him though, as long as he got to spend time with her.

"Ah, so you're doing some exploring into what styles suit you. I like your thinking." The fashionista smiled and gesture towards a small purple podium off just a few meters right of the stairs. The podium was surrounded on three sides by oval mirrors which Spike had learned was to allow the customer to see the clothes from all angles. "Just step onto the platform over there and I'll take your measurements, Mr... Oh my, I don't think I caught your name."

"Spike. I just arrived in town." Spike said casually, building on the lie he had told Sweetie.

"Such a gorgeous name. I have a friend called Spike. He's a young little dragon that lives nearby." The alabaster mare hummed as she used her magic to retrieved a notepad and pen as well as a few other tools including a measuring tape. "You actually look quite similar to him. Not in physique of course but you do have a colour scheme almost identical to his. Not a combination you see often in ponies."

Rarity pulled her measuring tape taught with her magic and held it against Spike's forelegs and wrote down the measurements before moving onto other parts of his body, all the while writing notes in her note pad.

"No, I guess it isn't." Spike replied, blushing slightly from the proximity of his long time crush.

"It's odd actually. Sweetie met a colt with the same colour scheme not long ago, too. For the life of me I cannot remember his name though. Lift your hoof please."

"What?" Spike frowned.

"Your hoof." Rarity pointed to his right hoof with her left. "Just hold it out straight in front of you. I'm almost done." Spike obediently did as he was told and allowed Rarity to continue about her work. It felt odd to have her measuring him, especially with his new body. Normally he had thick scales to keep him protected but now he had but a thin layer of fur. Everything was so sensitive. Already he had twitched a few times when Rarity had made contact with his fur but she either hadn't noticed or didn't bother to comment. Maybe she thought he was shy.

Rarity soon finished taking Spike's measurements and levitated her tools back over to the desk, keeping the pen and notepad with her. Without uttering a word, although she did hum, Rarity trotted over to a second desk next to the first and grabbed a hoof full of paper and began sketching what Spike assumed were clothing ideas. From the podium he could see her sketch what looked like the beginnings of a suit. It seemed that was the only thing that stallions bought from Rarity.

"So, darling." Rarity dropped her pen onto the table and turned to address Spike who in turn blushed mildly. "I'm thinking a dupioni interior. It has a beautiful iridescent affect which I think would compliment you quite nicely. You seem to be quite an active pony so for the main material I suggest gabardine. It's a tough little material and it will look great on you, I'm sure. Now, did you have any preferences for colour. At first I was thinking a bit more green but you already have enough in your mane and tail. Too much of a good colour can be disastrous."

"I guess so but I wasn't really thinking about grabbing a suit, to be honest." Spike scratched the back of his head nervously. Now that he thought about it, if he did try to get a suit here, how would he pay for it? It's not like he would even be able to wear it once he was a dragon again.

"Why darling, what else could a stallion possibly want to wear?" Rarity laughed lightly before shaking her head. "No no no, I insist that I make you a suit to outshine all others. It will be bold, majestic and dare I say it, divine!" She shouted as she raised her hooves in the air as if in celebration. Rarity composed herself and coughed lightly in embarrassment. "Ahem, my apologies. I get a little excited about new projects."

Spike new full well how Rarity could excited Rarity could get when it came to fashion. It was very easy to get caught up in her excitement. That might actually explain why she was such a good business pony now that he thought about it.

"It's fine but I was actually thinking of something more fun, I guess." He shrugged, not entirely sure what he wanted.

"Fun? Well this is a first, I must admit." The alabaster mare shifted uncomfortably. She had never had a stallion reject her fashion advice or one of her suits. "Are you sure I can't interest you in one of my latest pieces. It'll guarantee you are the center of attention at any social occasion." Spike didn't notice it but beads of sweat had begun to form on the mares forehead.

"I don't really go to fancy stuff. I just hang out with my friends." Spike said offhandedly. "I got a suit for the grand galloping gala but it just felt weird on me." Rarity's ears shot up at hearing this.

"The Gala! Why not grab a new suit for that? I promise you that my suits will most certainly not feel weird on you." Rarity felt her left hoof begin to shake but quickly forced it to stop. She had to look professional. She would not let a simply little rejection affect her.

"No, I probably won't be going again. I was thinking of grabbing something that I could play around in." Spike lowered himself to the ground and if he was about to start a race. "Something cool."

"I..ugh." Rarity looked around nervously, not sure what she could offer the stallion. Every other client was content with a suit. With mares it was easy. A dress could take on many forms but she found that suits were fairly limited. What else could a stallion want to wear? She had never been stuck when it came to fashion. Slowly Rarity backed away towards the stairs, a nervous sweat forming on her coat. "Just a moment please." Rarity bolted up the stairs, leaving a dust cloud in her shape.

"Huh, I thought only Pinkie could do that." Spike tilted his head in amusement.


Sweetie Belle bolted into her room and quickly closed the door behind her. Both of her friends looked at curiously, unsure of why she was in such a rush. They didn't have to wait long for an answer.

"Girls, we got a problem. My sister is back already!" The unicorn filly panted lightly from her run upstairs.

"What?!" Scootaloo shouted before clamping her hooves over her mouth realizing that Rarity might have heard her outburst.

"But how is that possible?" Apple Bloom asked. "She's meant to be in Manehattan. She should be gone for at least a day."

"I'm not sure. Maybe the universe made her leap through time just to mess with us?" Sweetie threw her hooves in the air. "All I know is we need to get out of here! I can't have my sister find out we were going to have a sleepover. She'll ground me for life."

"What makes you think she'll think we were here for a sleepover? For all she knows we are just hanging out with our friends." Scootaloo grinned cockilly.

"With bags full of sleepover stuff?" Apple Bloom droned. "Yeah, ah don't think she'll buy that for a second."

"Oh... right." Scootaloo's expression deflated. "I forgot about our gear."

"Enough talking, we need get out of here before she finishes with the customer downstairs." Apple Bloom and Scootaloo grabbed their bags from the floor and began trotting for the door of Sweetie's room when their unicorn friend pulled them back with their tails. Both girls yelped in surprise as their tails went taught and they were dragged back a few feet.

"What the heck, Sweetie?" Scootaloo yelled as quietly as she could as she rubbed her sore flank. "Aren't we supposed to be leaving, why'd you pull us back?"

"Weren't you listening?! My sister is down there." Sweetie point down at the floor. "She'd see us coming from a mile away."

"Then how do we get out of here-" Scootaloo froze when the sound of hoofsteps echoed through the door. Somepony was coming and they could all guess who.

"Quickly, ah got an idea but ya'll won't like it." Apple Bloom said as she ran away from the door, motioning for her friends to follow.


Rarity tore into her creative space, throwing her organized chaos into actual chaos in search on something new. She had thought maybe a cape of some sort but her ideals would not allow for something so cliché. She would rather starve... or at least miss a day at the spa, or was that too extreme?

As the fashionista dug through her fabrics, scattering them across the room, she muttered to herself. Each idea she though of was instantly bludgeoned to death for crimes against fashion.

"What kind of stallion doesn't like a nice suit!?" She screamed into the pile of materials. "Well I shall not be scared off by you. I will make something worthy of your tastes, whether you like it or not!"

Rarity jumped out of the pile and galloped to her sowing table hoping to find a source of inspiration. Anything would do. An idle piece of clothe, a interesting piece of sting... hell, she would even accept a-

Rarity's thought were interrupted when the window of her creative studio was smashed apart by a familiar cyan pegasus bursting through it. Rarity barely had time to register what was happening before said pegasus rocketed into her sending them both flying across the room. Not only was Rarity's minds all over the place, now everything else was too. Materials hung from every surface, ponyquins lay toppled on the ground and a pair of scissors had buried themselves in the wall next to where Rarity had been standing.

Rarity's vision blurred and for a moment all she could see was blue. It took the alabaster mare several seconds to realize this was because Rainbow Dash's stomach was draped across her face. She tried to speak but it was muffled by her friend's cyan coat. She was about to try again when the body on her shifted. With a mirthful laugh Rainbow Dash untangled herself from the fashionista and got to her hoofs, a large smile on her face.

"Hey Rare. What's up?" The destructive pegasus grinned as she helps Rarity to her hooves. The alabaster mare accepted the help all the while glaring at her friend. With gritted teeth Rarity spoke to her friend, trying very hard to contain her anger.

"Rainbow Dash!" She hissed as kindly as she could. "What pray tell are you doing here? I am in the middle of an incredibly taxing project and it requires my utmost attention, so if you don't mind, I would like you to l-"

"You got another project? Cool, speaking of projects, Twi and I are working on a special... thing and we were thinking of adding a third subject or whatever Twilight wants to call it. You in?"

"I don't have time to help Twilight with her science experiments! Do you not see that I am in the middle of a fashion crisis?!" Rarity ground her teeth together in frustration, trying and failing to control her stress. "I'm already hitting a creative wall and I don't need any more distractions. Now if you don't mind, I have a client downstairs that needs my attention." Rainbow was quick to respond to her friend.

"Suit yourself. I guess Twilight and I will just have fun without you." Rainbow went to fly out the window but remembered something she had seen on the way in. "By the way, not sure if you know this but your sister and her friends just jumped out the window. I'm surprised they didn't hurt themselves."

"Oh please. I don't have time to worry about those girls. I'll rebuke my sister later. Now enjoy your science time or whatever it is with Twilight." Rarity waved to her friend as she flew away. "Now, what to do about all this?"

Rarity looked around at the chaos before her. It looked like Discord had had his way with the place although if she thought about it, even Discord would have a hard time replicating this chaos. Nothing was where it should be. All her inspiration, gone. Rarity could already feel a mental breakdown coming on. How was she supposed to design an outfit for a stallion who didn't want to wear normal clothing. Now hold on a moment, Rarity. A little voice inside her head spoke. Who said it had to be something normal. Maybe you could use this as a chance to branch out into a new fashion. Create something that no pony has ever seen before. This could be big!

"But how do I make something new if I don't know what he likes?" Rarity spoke aloud.

Ask him, of course. A respectable mare should have the courage to ask another what they appreciate.

"I suppose but... wait, why am I talking to myself?" Rarity paused. She had talked to herself out of boredom or for inspiration sake but she had never had an actual conversation with her conscience.

Because you need advice and if you don't mind my saying so, how else would you find intelligent conversation around here. The only pony within three miles with any fashion sense is Fluttershy and she's too shy to speak her mind. So, here is what's going to happen. You will go down there and interrogate that Stallion on his fas-

"Interrogate is such a harsh word, darling. Maybe interview would sound nicer? I'm not a pacifist or anything but I'm still not one for unnecessary violence." Rarity spoke to the air. She didn't really know where to look when speaking to herself so she opted to stare at the door.

I guess that will suffice. Now, after you 'interview' him, you will make him the most gorgeous anypony has ever seen and we will be rich!

"We?" Rarity frowned. "But I'm doing all the work?"

I'm you, genius. We as in the royal we.

"Oh, right. My apologies." Rarity bopped herself on the forehead. "How silly of me."

Indeed. Now go and change the future of fashion!

At that same moment a young stallion downstairs was busy trying to attach the head of a ponyquin back to it's body and failing miserably. Hopefully Rarity didn't charge him for the damage.

Author's Note:

Oh my Celestia, this took way too long to post. Sorry to everyone about that. There were... complications.
Now, to the real business. I'm getting excited, are you?! :pinkiehappy:
I'm just curious as to what Rarity will make for Spike. I'd like to hear what your guesses are. This should be interesting.