• Published 18th May 2015
  • 725 Views, 3 Comments

Student of the Night - Thestoryteller



The story of the student of Princess Luna

  • ...
4
 3
 725

Chapter seven. An unforgettable dream

A young colt walks in the pouring rain alone. No one is beside him, no one is near him, he is alone. Cold, wet, and alone. His gaze was on the dirt and mud that his hooves walked over.

He kept walking and walking, each step caused pain in his legs. But he didn't care, he just kept walking and walking. No thoughts passed through his head as he did.

Until his body gave in and he fell. He tried to get up, but he couldn't feel his muscles. Exhausted, cold, and in pain, the young colt blacked out.


The young colts eyes fluttered open as he looked around to see he was no longer on the cold and harsh street. He was in a warm bed. He lifted himself up to see that he was in a room.

"Oh, your awake." A soft voice said.

The young colt looked to his side to see two foal's, one was a colt that had an orange fur coat, blue eyes, and matching spiked back blue mane. Next was a filly with a butter yellow coat, teal eyes, and a light pink mane.

"You were asleep for a long time." The filly said.

"W-where am I?" The young colt asked.

"Your in our home." The orange colt answered. "We found you passed out in front of our house."

The young colt sat up against the bed, giving him a better perspective of the room. He looked to the filly to notice she had a metal wolf pin with blue night eyes and silver fur.

"How did you get that?" The young colt asked.

"Oh, this? It fell off of you when we sat you down in the bed." The filly said as she handed the pin to the young colt. The young colt then took the pin and began to examine it. Making sure there was no damage dealt to it.

"So what's your name fella?" The orange colt asked.

The young colt looked up from the pin and at the two foals next to him. "My name is Nightwing, what's yours?" He asked.

"My name is Flash sentry." The orange colt answered.

"And my name is...um..." The filly stuttered.

"Come now sis, it's okay. The Bat-pony ain't gonna bite. At least I hope not"

"My...my name is...Fluttershy."

"It's nice to meet you both." Nightwing said.

Suddenly the door opened and in came a stallion Pegasus with a dark orange fur coat, red eyes, and a red mane.

"Well it seems our guest is awake, how ya doing little guy?" The stallion asked.

"I'm doing fine sir." Nightwing replied.

"Ha ha, boy the only ponies that address me as 'sir' are my soldiers." The stallion chuckled. "You may call me Fire cracker."

"My name is Nightwing." Nightwing said.

"Well Nightwing can you walk?"

"I...I think so." Nightwing said as he got out of the bed and onto the floor. His legs wobbled a little but they soon adjusted to the hard floor. Fire cracker smiled at seeing that the young colts legs where working alright.
"Great, now I assume your hungry. We got lunch in the kitchen." Fire stated.

As the foals walked out of the room and into the kitchen, Nightwing met the foals mother. Flare warden. She had a long blue mane, matching blue eyes, and a light faded orange fur coat. In the kitchen was a medium round table with sandwiches on separate plates.

"Oh, our guest is awake I see." Flare said as she put some salads on the plates. "Good thing I made an extra sandwich."

The foals all sat down and began to eat their food. As Nightwing ate his eyes began to wonder around and gaze at the different things in the kitchen. Then his eyes landed on a portrait with Flare, Fire, Flash, Fluttershy, and a colt that looked like Flash but his eyes were red instead of blue, his mane was red instead of blue, and his mane style was different.

"Hey Flash?" Nightwing asked while getting Flash's attention. "Who's that colt in the picture there?"

Flash looked towards the portrait that Nightwing was pointing to. He then swallowed the bit of food in his mouth before he answered Nightwing.

"The colt with the red mane?" Flash asked.

Nightwing nodded his head in response.

"That colt there is my twin brother. But he's not here, he's at military school training to become a guard, I'm gonna become one too. But I'm not strong enough yet."

"Don't worry son you'll be ready I just know it." Fire said as he rubbed Flash's mane.

*knock knock knock*

"I'll get it." Fire said as he walked out of the kitchen and towards the door. A few minutes later Fire came back with a serous look on his face.

"Honey, what's wrong? Who was at the door?" Flare asked.

"Get the kids and Nightwing and hide them in the attic. Now!" Fire said.

"What? Why? Dad what's going on?" Flash asked as worry began to consume his voice.

"Just do as I say!" Fire barked.

Flare lead the kids into a small little room that had no windows so it was pitch black. The kids all sat in there for seemed like hours, until Fire came and opened the door.

"Alright it's safe to come out." Fire said.

They all piled out of room along with a very agitated Flare.

"Fire what was that all about?!" Flare yelled. "Why did you do that?! And who was at the door?!"

Fire looked back to Flare with a glare on his face. "That was Blaze. He said that the Order is coming here." Fire said grimly. Flash, Flare, and Fluttershy all gasped in horror. Nightwing as well was in shock as memory's of fire, smoke, and blood filled his mind until he came back to reality.

"We need to pack our things and leave." Fire said.

"Alright. Kids you heard your father, go pack your things were leaving." Flare said to Flash and Fluttershy.

"Yes mom." Flash and Fluttershy said in unison as they ran off. Nightwing then approached Fire.

"Please, I can't make you do this." Nightwing pleaded. "I refuse to let you flee from your home because of me."

"Nightwing, it doesn't matter. Even if you leave the Order will still burn down our home." Fire said.

"What?! But-but I thought they were only attacking Bat-ponies?"

"They are, but they believe that were sheltering them and will kill the ones that do that." Fire said as Flash and Fluttershy came back with stuffed suitcases.

"We're ready to go father." Flash said.

"Good, let's go. Nightwing your coming with. And that's not up for debate." Fire said.

Nightwing nodded and the group all left out the back door. As they ran the whole world began to fade away.


"What?" Adult Nightwing said in confusion as he skidded to a halt. He looked around to see he was in an endless light blue void. "Oh...right, this is all a dream."

"There are three kinds of dreams." A voice came from behind Nightwing. "There are dreams of fantasy, ones that show you worlds of imagination. Then there are dreams of the future, ones that show you a possible future in your life."

"And dreams that show you a distant memory in your life that you have forgotten." Nightwing finished as he turned around to see none other than. His Teacher, Princess Luna . "What do you want Teach?"

"I've come to apologize for keeping the fact that your a Shadow knight a secert." Luna said.

"Oh don't try to lie to me Teach. You know I can tell when someone's lying."

*sigh*"I guess I'll just tell you why I'm here, I've been searching around your memory's lately and I found something...interesting."

"Interesting how?"

"I know Discord told you about the Elements of Chaos." Luna said causing Nightwing to look away from her. "Listen Nightwing...I'm not mad, nor am I Dissapointed. But I must ask you...do you believe Discord?"

"...At first I didn't want to believe him, but...when I heard what he was saying was true. I knew he was telling the truth."

"Very well. If you believe that Discord is telling the truth, then I won't question it." Luna said as she turned around to walk away.

"...One last question Teach?" Nightwing asked causing Luna to stop and face Nightwing.

"Yes, dear Student."

"When did you stop talking in old Equestrian?"

"Um...boop." Luna said as she touched Nightwings head with her horn. A bright white Flash then blinded Nigtwing as he woke up with a jolt. He scanned the area until he convinced himself that he was in his room.

He then got up from his bed and walked downstairs to see that Flash was reading a book in the living room.

"Morning Nightwing." Flash said not turning his gaze away from the book. "Pleasant sleep?"

"Sorta. Had a nice visit with Teach." Nightwing said as he poured himself a glass of apple juice.

"Speaking of your Teach, a letter came for you and I." Flash said as he held up a rolled up scroll.

"Oh really, what did it say?" Nightwing sashed as he took a sip of his apple juice.

"Well it said to come to the Crystal Empire. That's pretty much it."

"Well then." Nightwing said as he downed the rest of his juice. "Put on your armor Flash cuz we're going to the Crystal Empire!"

Author's Note:

If I have made any mistakes or spelling errors please tell me so I can fix them. Thank you.