• Published 18th May 2015
  • 726 Views, 3 Comments

Student of the Night - Thestoryteller



The story of the student of Princess Luna

  • ...
4
 3
 726

Chapter five. Batter up

First base never had a normal life, ever since he was born it was always strange. First his mother and father were both unicorns yet he was a Pegasus. Second he was a prince because his mom and dad where the king and queen of their kingdom. And third their wold was being destroyed by an evil being that wanted to rule the world.

And currently First base is in front of his family in a room with a portal.

"I'm sorry what did you just say?" A grown up Pegasus with a light yellow fur, green mane, and blue eyes, and name was First base asked his two parents.

"You heard us, we're sending you to a parallel universe where you can be safe." Comet tail said.

"Your fathers right, anytime now Shining armor and his guards won't be able to hold off...you-know-who and they will kill us all." Twilight sparkle said.

"I understand that, but I don't understand why you two can't come with me."

"We can't because the universe were sending you to already has a Comet tail and Twilight sparkle, but it doesn't have you so it's safe for you to go there."

"I can't do this, no, I won't do this!" First base yelled. "This place is my home, and your my family. I want to die here with my family, not run away from it!" First base cried out as tears began to swell in his eyes.

"We know son." Comet tail said as he rested a hoof on his sons shoulder and lifted up his chin. "That's why we're not giving you a choice."

With a sleep spell Comet tail had put First base to sleep and carried him to the magic mirror.

"I'm so sorry son." Comet tail said as Twilight activated the mirror. "Please forgive me." Comet tail then threw First base at the mirror as he paced through it and vanished.

Comet tails head dropped as the shame and guilt began to build up inside of him. Twilight trotted over to her husband's side and began to comfort him.

But the loving reunion was shortly lived as the doors were literarily blown open and a shadowy figure appeared. Both Comet tail and Twilight looked to the figure with anger on their faces.

"Ya know I really wonder why you guys even bother letting these guards try to take me down." The figure said. " I mean, take this fellow for example." He said as he threw a unicorn stallion with white fur, a blue mane, and blue eyes at them. "He lasted a flat ten seconds."

"Coward." Comet tail said to the figure. "How dare you take over our friends and use them as puppets."

"What's the matter Comet tail?" The figure asked as he became visible and revealed a Flash sentry, but his eyes were fully red. "Aren't you happy to see your friend."

"If your talking about Flash sentry demon. Then your mistaken, because I know Flash and he would rather die than be controlled by you."

"See that's where your wrong Comet tail." The evil Flash sentry smiled. "When I try to take over my host I don't give them a choice."

"Well just know, that just because you took over Flash doesn't mean I'll hold back!" Comet tail yelled as he summoned a magical sword that flew at the evil Flash.

"Oh please." The evil Flash chuckled as the sword disappeared with a wave of his hoof. "Your magic is nothing compared to mine."

With another wave of his hoof Flash destroyed Comet tails horn and sent him flying.

"Comet tail!" Twilight yelled as she rushed to his fallen body.

"Ah, love." The evil Flash cooed as he placed a hoof on his chest. "So beautiful."

Twi-twilight...r-run-" That was all Comet tail could say as a red sword pierced his heart.

"And yet so weak, and pitiful." The evil Flash chuckled.

"Comet tail, no, please no." Twilight began to cry.

"Oh don't worry Twilight." The evil Flash said as he walked towards Twilight. "You will be joining him soon." The evil Flash said as he was now towering over Twilight.

"But first I Want to say hi to First base, speaking of which where is the little rascal, Uncle Flash wants to spend some quality time with his nephew."

"He's gone somewhere not even you can follow."

"If your talking about heaven the place doesn't exist so-" The evil Flash stopped himself as his attention was drawn to the mirror in the center of the room.

"Oh, somehow I didn't notice that." The evil Flash said as grabbed Twilight by the neck and pinned her to the floor.

"WHERE IS HE!" Evil Flash's voice changed from normal to a demon like one. "WHERE HAVE SENT HIM?!"

"Flash..." Twilight gasped. "I'm sorry."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU WIT-"

BOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!! The castle exploded as the entire thing was blown to absolutely nothing. All that remained was an evil Flash sentry hovering in mid air. His face full of anger, he reared his head back and did the most reasonable thing to do in his situation.

"Curse you Comet tail and Twilight, curse you both!" The evil Flash screamed at sky.


Meanwhile in the town of Ponyville. A young pink mare was trotting around when all of sudden her head started moving left and right very fast and uncontrollably.

"Ooh that's a new one." The pink mare said as she bounced off in a different dicrection


In a grassy forest, out of nowhere, a swirling portal opened up and First base fell out. Then the portal disappeared and First base began to wake up.

"Uhgggughg." He said groggily. "What the?" He said as he looked around the area. Then it all came flooding back to his mind.

"Oh no, nonononono." First base started running around in circles as he realized what had happened. Then came the breakdown.

First up was anger.

"I can't believe they did that to me! My own parents put me to sleep and just shoved me straight through a portal!"

Second was worry.

"What if this universe is worse than the one I was in, what if it turns out this place is populated by pony eating zombies!"

And third was sadness.

"I WANT MY MOMMY!" First base whined.

"Get ahold of yourself pony!" First base said as he smacked his face. "Your a stallion for Celestia's sake! Act like one!" First base said to himself as he began marching forward.

"Your not just a stallion but your a prince, and I need to act like one no matter what happen-" First base cut himself off as he stared at a reflection in the pond next to him.

"Holy buck! I'm a colt?!?!" First base yelled.

That wasn't the only thing that had changed about First base. His wings were gone.

"And I'm a Earth pony?!?!" First base screamed as he held his face with his hooves. "WHAT THE BUCK IS HAPPENING?!?!"

*smack,smack* First base smacked himself two times to get his brain and thoughts straight.

"Okay First, you can do this." First base said to himself. "Just find the nearest town and blend in."

"Hi!" A shrill and high voice said from the tree behind First.

"Ahh!" First base yelled as he jumped into the air and fell into someponys hooves. First looked up to see the pony that caught him was a pink mare with a poofy mane.

"Pinkie?" First base asked.

"Whoa, you know my name!" The sugar high mare said as she got right up against First base's face. "Are you psychic?"

"What, no. Pinkie it's me First base."

"First base huh?" Pinkie said as she dropped First base and pulled a notebook out of, who knows where. "First base, first base, first base, first base, First base." Pinkie said over and over as she flipped through pages.

"Nope no First base here. *gasp*" Pinkie gasped as she jumped into the air. "That means your new here, which means I need to throw you a 'welcome-to-Ponyvile party and-hey aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Ummm...yes?" First base said, so confused by what was happening.

"That's what I thought." Pinkie said as she grabbed First base and planted him on her back. "Hold on to something First base were traveling cannon style!"

"Wait-what?" First base asked as he was somehow strapped to a Pinkies back and was in a large cannon full of dynamite.

"Fire in the hole!" Pinkie yelled.

"Mercy." First base squeaked.

BOOM! The cannon went as the two were sent flying into the sky.

"Buuuuuuuuuuuck!" First base yelled only to get a bar of soap shoved into his mouth by Pinkie.

"Language young colt." Pinkie said.

'Colt?' First base thought as he realized what Pinkie said. 'Oh that's right, this is a parallel universe so Pinkie probably doesn't know who I am yet."

"Brace yourself Firsty, were coming in for a landing." Pinkie said as the ground got closer and closer.

'Buck.' First base said in his mind not wanting another bar of soap in his mouth. He shut his eyes tight waiting for them to hit the ground and go splat, but it never came.

"Firsty why do you have your eyes closed?" Pinkie asked.

First base slowly opened one of his eyes to see that the two where safely on the ground, and First base was next to Pinkie and not strapped to her.

"Oh sweet merciful ground." First base praised as he began kissing the ground.

"Sorry to be the third wheel right now but you have class." Pinkie said as she grabbed First base by the neck and dragged him towards the school. "Helloooooo cheerily!" Pinkie sang as she burst through the school door, interupting a dark purple mare with a pink mane.

"Pinkie?" Cheerily said in shock as the pink mare trotted in. "Pinkie if your here to ring the school bell your supposed to do that tomorrow."

"Oh I'm not here for that, I'm here because I have a student of yours." Pinkie said as she plopped First base in front of Cheerily. "Be sure to fill his head with tons of knowledge." Pinkie said as she whizzed away. Leaving the entire classroom stunned.

"Well...class it appears we have a new student." Cheerily said. "Tell us young one what's your name?"

First base turned to face the entire classroom eyes were all on him.

'Okay First base you got this, just play it cool and you'll survive.' First base thought as he cleared his throat. "Hi, my name is First base and it's a pleasure to meet you all." 'Nailed it.'

"Well First base its a pleasure to meet you please take a seat." Cheerily said.

First base scanned the room for an open seat somewhere when he spotted one, he walked over to it and asked the colt next to the empty desk if it was taken.

"Oh it's not taken at all Mate." The white with brown spotted earth pony said.

"Thanks, I'm First base by the way." First base said as he extended his hoof.

"Names Pipsqueak, but friends call me Pip. And the Pegasus bloke to your left is me friend Rumble."

First base turned his head to see a grey Pegasus colt with a black mane. Oh and was fast asleep.

"Uhhhh, hi...Rumble." First base said as he shook Rumbles shoulder.

"Don't bother mate, only thing that wakes that colt up is the school bell."

"Pipsqueak?" Cheerily asked.

"Uh, yes ms. Cheerily." Pip said nervously.

"Can you tell us who built the first train?"

"Um,uh...well-" Pipsqueak stuttered as he tried to thing of an answer. But First base came to the rescue.

"Um, ms. Cheerily?" First base asked.

"Yes First base."

"Is it okay if I answer for Pipsqueak?"

"Well, I guess we can let the new student answer his first question."

"Thank you, the first train was built by sir steam smith, a mechanical engineer that found a way to make wheels and gears move by burning coal."

"That's correct First base."

"How did you know that?" Pipsqueak asked in shock and amazement.

"Oh, um...lucky guess?" First base said with a fake smile and rubbed the back of his neck with his hoof.

"Well whatever it was you saved me neck and I thank you for that, you can call me friend anytime."

"We're...friends?"

"You bet we are mate."

"Gee thanks Pipsque-"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggg. The school bell went.

Just as the school bell rang Rumbles head popped up like a hunting dog that had caught a whiff of fresh meat. He turned to see First base and Pipsqueak.

"Who's the new guy?" Rumble asked.


"Hey I wanna thank you again for helping Pip like that." Rumble said as he First base and Pipsqueak all walked towards launch table outside.

"It's no big deal really I just answered a simple question." First base said.

"Yeah but, no one has ever done something like that for me 'xept Rumble of course." Pipsqueak said.

The trio sat down at the lunch table and Pip and Rumble brought out their lunch bags and dumped out their food.

"Hey where's your lunch bag Base?" Pip asked.

First base mentally kicked himself for not asking his mom for not packing him any food.

"Um...well...you see thing is..." First base thought until he came up with the perfect plan for how to play this out. "You see, my parents died in a fire at my house and I ran away to ponyville and I, kinda don't have anymore."

"Ya hear that Rumble, our Friend Base here is an orphaned like me!" Pipsqueak squealed.

"Base say no more, here you can have half of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich." Rumble offered.

"And you can have my bag of potato chips." Pip offered.

"Wow, thanks guys." First base said.

"Don't mention it." Rumble and Pipsqueak said in unison.

"Just what do you think your doing?" A voice far behind them asked.

The trio turned around to see two earth pony fillies, one light pink the other gray, glaring at three other fillies, one an earth pony, another a Pegasus, and the other a unicorn.

"We're eating lunch Dimond tiara." The pink earth pony said.

"I can see that, but what are you doing eating at my table?" Tiara demanded.

"It's not just your table tiara!" The unicorn said.

"Yeah, you can't just claim stuff that doesn't belong to you!" The Pegasus said.

"Well guess what blank flanks?" The grey earth pony said.

"We can do whatever we want!" The two earth ponies said in unison.

First base had heard enough of what was happening and decided to stop it. Without a second thought First base got up from the table and began walking towards the arguing fillies.

"Um, Base what are doing?" Rumble asked.

"Im going to put a stop to those two bully's." First base said.

"What?!" Both Pip and Rumble said at once. Rumble and Pip ran after First base and walked at his speed when they were by his side.

"Listen Base I know your new here and all but word of advice, stay away from Dimond tiara and Silver spoon." Rumble said.

"Yeah those two cause nothing but trouble." Pip said.

"Well it's time someone put a stop to it." First base said with confidence as he trotted up to Dimond tiara and Silver spoon. "Hey! Leave those Fillies alone you two!"

"What?" Dimond growled as she turned around to see who was talking to her. "Who dares tell Dimond tiara what to...do."

When Dimond tiara turned around she saw thee most hansom colt she had ever laid eyes on. Everything about him seemed wonderful, from his green bar to his beautiful blue eyes. All she could do was stare at his amazing and gorgeous-

"Tiara?" A voice said that brought her back from reality.

"Huh, wha?" Dimond Tiara stuttered as she looked right and left several times.

"Are you okay?" Her friend Silver spoon asked.

Dimond Tiara got up into Silver spoons face and said.

"Where did my Knight in shining armor go!" She demanded.

"...what?"

"Um, uh...I meant where did that low life colt go, I need to teach him a lesson."

"He left, along with Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie bell, and two other Colts I think I may have seen before."

"Wait they left?" Dimond Tiara said in shock. "But isn't it lunch time?"

"Tiara, Lunch time was two hours ago." Silver spoon said bluntly.

"...I knew that." Tiara lied. "Where did that colt come from?"

"You mean First base, he's a new student. Came in today actually."

"What!? How did I not notice him?!"

"You were asleep."

"...oh."


Meanwhile at the C.M.C tree house.
"Thanks again for helping us with Tiara back there First base." Applebloom said as she handed him an apple.

"Oh it was nothing, I just wanted to do the right thing that's all."

"Well we thank you for it First base and you can knock on our door anytime." Sweetie bell said, a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Oh, thank you girls but I don't know if that's necessary."

"Hey I jus' noticed something." Applebloom said.

"What?" Scootaloo asked.

"All three of you are blank flanks like us!"

First base thought that was stupid that he might have been a black flank but when he looked to see his cutie mark it was gone.

"Yeah well, we haven't exactly had the time to get our cutie marks." Rumble said.

"Hey I just had a fantastic idea." Sweetie bell said.

"Yeah, what?" Pipsqeak asked.

"Why don't you three join the Cutie Mark Crusaders?"

"That's brilliant Sweetie bell!" Apple bloom said. "All in favor say aye."

"Aye!" Applebloom, Sweetie bell, and Scootaloo all said in unison.

"Then it's decided, welcome to the Cutie Mark Crusaders colts." Scootaloo said.

"Yay, I guess?" First base said.

"Ya guess?" Pipsqueak said as he slung his forearm around First base. "Mate this is gonna be fun, I can feel it."

"Well, if you say so."

The C.M.C party and danced for the new members joining. Then they all got down to business discussing plans for how they could all obtain their cutie marks. And just like that Night had rolled around and everypony had to go home. and that's when a horrible realization came across First base.

"Oh no, I just remembered I don't have a place to live!" First base said.

"Wait what, how do you not have a place to live?" Applebloom asked.

"Base here is an orphaned like Pip." Rumble explained.

"I have an idea." Sweetie bell said. "Why doesn't First base just stay over at all our houses on different nights?"

"That could work actually." Applebloom said.

"Okay but who's house do I stay at first?" Base asked.

"How about we draw straws and decide." Scootaloo suggested.

And so they did. And the order went as such.

"Okay so first is Pip, then Applebloom, then Rumble, then Scootaloo, and finally Sweetie bell." First base said.

"Alright Base let's go over to my house, best not keep mum waiting." Pip said as he ran off with First base behind him.

After a long jog First base and Pipsqueak made it to Pips house.

"Mum, I'm home!" Pip said as he ran through the door. "And I brought a friend."

From up the stairs a Pegasus mare with a light grey coat, blond mane, and yellow eyes that were crossed.

"Pip your back I was beginning to worry." The blond mare said as she hugged Pip. "And who might this be?" The blond mare asked

"Mum this is First base, he's my new best friend."

"Pleasure to meet you miss..."

"Just call me Derpy, everypony does." Derpy said.

"Broder." A light purple unicorn filly that was as old as Pip with a blond mane came running in and crushed Pip in a bear hug.

"I'm happy to see you too sis, but your crushing your brothers neck."

"Sowry." The filly said, but turned her head when she saw First base.

"Oh, First base this is my sis, Dinkie. Dinkie this is my new friend First base." Pip said.

"Hello." First base said.

A slight blush appeared on Dinkie's face as she scurried away and upstairs.

"She's shy around other ponies, come on mate le's get us some grub." Pip said as he walked into the kitchen.

Soon it was time for everypony to go to bed and get some shut eye. But First base couldn't sleep as he looked out the window and up at the moon.

"Mom...Dad...If you can hear me right now, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be strong enough to help everypony back in my old universe. But if you can see me now I want you to know I'm happy here, I've already made five great friends who all seem really nice. But I just wanted to let you two know. I love you."


Meanwhile in the parallel universe

Evil Flash sentry was sitting on a tall throne were the castle of Friendship once stood, he had his elbow on his cheek supporting him.

"Looks like your little plan failed Umbra." A voice in evil Flash's head said.

Evil Flash closed his eyes and when he opened them he was in a room with pitch black walls, across from him was the real Flash sentry with chains on his hooves, his wings, and his neck.

"You know, I wish there was a way to shut you up." The evil Flash said.

"Ah come now, your just mad because Your plan failed to kill First base and take the magic that he had inside of him." Flash smirked.

"Oh you think I'm mad about that? Nononono I'm not mad at all."

"But you failed didn't you?"

"In a way yes, but all Comet tail and Twilight did was send their son to a parallel universe. All I need to do is find it, and then I will get what's rightfully mine."

Evil Flash looked over to see that Flash had an angry look on his which made evil Flash smile.

"Well this conversation has been fun, but I best be off. Goodbye."