• Published 13th Nov 2011
  • 3,907 Views, 89 Comments

Gummy's Secret Life - WinterTwister

  • ...
3
 89
 3,907

Dr. Hooves.

"Hello agents, Dr.Hooves at your service." The brown coated stallion told them as he stepped forward. "I'm here to aid you, I am agent 1733."

AppleBloom recoiled at the stallion that surprised her but regained her composure and faced Dr.Hooves. "We don't have that many agents.. you're no agent..." AppleBloom glared at him.

"You mean, at this time period you don't? Then yes my dear, you are correct."

AppleBloom was confused. "What are ya talkin' about?"

"I am from the future."

AppleBloom's eye twitched after he said that. "How can you be from the future? There's no such thing as time travel, it's impossible."

"Yes my dear that is impossible."

"But ya just said you were from the future!"

"Yes, I am from the future, you simply cannot travel through time."

"If you can't travel through time then how did you get here?" AppleBloom was getting a headache.

"Because I can't travel through time. Time travel is the concept of moving between different points in time in a manner analogous to moving between different points in space. I simply time warped."

"S-simply?! How is that different?!" AppleBloom really felt like hitting him.

Dr.Hooves was also annoyed. "You child, by the time I could fully explain the basics of time and space through the form of continuum you will have lived half of your life, do not question me."

"Yer not from the future...." AppleBloom face hoofed.

"I am indeed from the future child, a future tormented by your failure!" Dr.Hooves was angry and stood closer to Dawn and closer to AppleBloom. "I am from a future where you failed to stop Dr.Blast Burn from unleashing his weapon. The agency was humiliated from the defeat but we had acquired more agents but in the future the agents turned to soldiers along with half of the world to stand up to Dr.Blast Burn...." Dr.Hooves took a deep breath. "Let me give you an explanation on how and why I am here."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Team, the weapon is just a few 100 meters ahead, once that weapon is destroyed we can have a fighting chance to stop this war so no matter whats ahead the objective is to get Dr.Hooves to that thing!"

The whole squad raised their weapons and shouted. "Yes sir! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!"

"Dr.Hooves is the only one who can disarm that thing without it blowing up without destroying this whole continent, keep him safe soldiers! Now lets go!" The leader kicked open the door to the streets of Manehattan with ponies and stallions on each side shooting at each other with artillery shells landing on each side.

"Follow me men! Hooves stay behind us!" They sprinted to the right down the street and stopped by a friendly heavily defended area. The leader opened up a large covered hole. "Down now!" He had to scream over the gunfire as the team poured down the hole.

"We should be safe for the moment, we are sneaking under the streets to infiltrate the building from behind. Safeties off." The sewers were filled with the clicks of guns for a moment.

They traveled in the sewers following a map the leader was holding for several minuets. They finally reached a ladder after trudging through several yards of sewage, getting dirty was no problem compared to being ruled by a mad man no matter how foul the stench.

"No screw-ups marines." He whispered as he lifted up the sewer cap. He gave the hoof sign for the all-clear and climbed out of the sewers also helping his men and Dr.Hooves out.

The team was pressed against the wall in an alleyway they had hurried to after leaving the sewers. The leader turned to his team and used more hoof-signals that spoke hoof- signals- only- split team- against- streets- go silent- watch me- for call. The team agreed with nods and moved into the streets with half of the team moved quickly to the other side of the streets constantly pointing their assault rifles at windows and doors, ready for an ambush. The leader raised his hoof in the air violently and then swirled it around, all of the marines scattered behind cars, trashcans, and back into alleyways. Two cars passed followed by a platoon of foot soldiers all wearing Dr.Blast Burns insignia a red flame encircled with black. After they passed the soldiers emerged from their hiding spots and continued onward for a few more blocks. The leader stopped at a block sealed off with a cement wall that was 10 feet high, he beckoned his soldiers to him and they formed a pony ladder over the wall. After getting everypony over the wall they moved towards the building, the back door was blocked by a pass-code that Dr.Hooves cracked within seconds.

They had entered the target building complex that was not very heavily guarded. "All their forces are focused at the front line right now, we must be giving them hell." The leader wispered. The leader waved them forward down the hallway leading to a large door with another pass-code which Dr.Hooves had also bypassed but with more difficulty. They entered a room filled with scientist working on their computers.

Both the scientist and the soldiers were surprised for a moment, but the soldiers raised their guns at the scientist all yelling. "Surrender!", "Reddition!", "Kapitulation!"

The scientist all raised their hooves obeying the soldiers and stepping away from the computers. The soldiers herded the scientist to the corner and left a few of their men to guard the scientists while the rest continued onward.

They went upstairs from the lab they had invaded and made it to a metallic door that read 'No Clearance To Anypony'. They entered the door and found what they were looking for in the back of the small dark room with a scientist working on the large computer, the scientist stood up and turned around. It was Dr.Blast Burn.

"Welcome to my home, would you men like a drink?" Dr.Blast Burn's figure was shadowed, hidden by the blare of the screen. "I haven't had such company in awhile, it gets rather boring up here by myself..." Dr.Blast Burn smiled, it was the smile of an insane clown fully showing his teeth while laughing. It gave the soldiers a chill that made them slightly lower their guns for a moment before shaking it off.

"Dr.Blast Burn your coming with us!" The leader stepped forward shaking with anger using all of his willpower to not shoot his gun.

"Can't we stay for the.." Dr.Blast Burn laughed."...fireworks?" Dr.Blast Burn started laughing uncontrollably.

"Don't you dare laugh.. ever again.. you homicidal maniac..." The leader was gritting his teeth and ripping his mane in sheer malice. "Your done Doctor, we've finally caught you."

"You?!" The doctor was laughing between his words."C-caught me?.... oh my it appears i have lost...... whatever shall i do?" The doctor rubbed his head pretending to think. " Oh wait.. I almost forgot..." He snapped and the room lit up on the marines side and a barrier formed between them and the doctor. The marines started mindlessly shooting at the barrier in their rage with the doctor laughing himself to his knees.

"Oh man you ponies are so easily played! This was a milk run from the start!" Dr.Blast burn snapped his fingers again and door behind the marines was sealed shut and they were surrounded. "Grab their non-combatant and then execute the rest.." Dr.Blast Burn said as he turned his attention back to the screen as his men did as they were told. After the soldiers were killed the doctor spoke up again. "Bring me that colt." Dr.Blast Burns men brought the young scientist to their leader. "Such a young brilliant mind. You remind me of myself. A message for your commander." Dr.Blast Burn gave his a slip of paper to Dr.Hooves who was too shocked to protest but did as he was told. "Now deliver him to the enemy side." Dr.BlastBurn went back to his work.

Dr.Hooves was blindfolded and was brought back to the front line where the firing had stopped, he was given a white flag to hold to walk back to his side so he would not be fired at. As we returned to his side he was taken to the commander who had read the letter from Dr.Blast Burn.

"Dr.Hooves you have seen too much for us to try and send you out again, I'm transferring you to research and development so you can continue fighting with your brain." They shook hands and Dr.Hooves was sent off.

For months Dr.Hooves worked with other scientist haunted by the deaths of the screaming marines and the failure that he had felt was his fault. Dr.Hooves had begun secretly working on time travel in hopes that his research would lead to a historical re-write of this current present. Dr.Hooves realized after spending 5 days without showering and only eating crackers and drinking water of research and he had found out that time travel was impossible. In his anger he banged his head on his research table and he passed out from the pain. In the white abyss of his unconsciousness he had an epiphany, time TRAVEL was impossible, but what about a time WARP? Equations invaded his head almost too fast for him to write them down. He summarized the time warp in 3 rules.
1. You cannot fully control a time-warp
2. If you try to fully direct history from your own accord you will be reverted back to your original time.
3. You cannot travel forward to unwritten history.

He devised a device to suit the time warp theory. He tested it himself, he was almost out of time. Dr.Blast Burn's forces were advancing on the last few strongholds that gave him resistance. At first the device faltered but then sparked to life as a time bubble enveloped Dr.Hooves and the bubble diminished to nothing.

Dr.Hooves found himself in a forest staring at a path towards the main road, he saw normal plant life again and it filled him with hope, he trotted a few feet towards the road and instantly recognized the legendary Dawn Cruise and Agent 700. He decided to walk forward content that the time warp had bent to his will.

"Hello agents, Dr.Hooves at your service."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleBloom didn't know what to say after listening to Dr.Hooves shocking story about the future. AppleBloom realized that he had to be telling the truth and lifted her head and looked at Dr.Hooves

"So ya' really are from the future?"

"Yes my dear, I'm glad you believe me now. Tonight you and agent Gummy failed and Doctor Blast Burn continued his work and started his grasp on the world. I am here to correct your actions in hope of changing the outcome of today."

"Well, ah'll show you our plan so you can fix it up for us. I don't want to take any chances...Is that alright Dawn? AppleBloom seemed shaken from Dr.Hooves story.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt, he seems like a smart gentlecolt. Agent Gummy do you have any objections?"

Gummy didn't move he continued to listen enjoying the stories.

"I'll bring up the hologram of the mansion and show you our route Dr.Hooves."

After an hour of explaining the plan to Dr.Hooves he had changed the route slightly to a new room, a small one that he said held the device.

"He is focusing his men to the right side of the mansion to feint the true position of his weapon, He thinks he had planned this out perfectly but I studied his work and his strategies and im certain it is... here." He had his hoof pointed to a room on the third floor that showed little sign of guards in the area. "I will aid you in the infiltration, but mind you i cannot open any doors physically, I can of course unlock them for you."

They all agreed and all 4 of them headed towards the mansion but stopped a mile away to avoid detection.

Dr.Hooves was putting on clothes that resembled one of Dr.Blast Burns men. "I will open the gates for you two on the inside."

AppleBloom was very uneasy. "Ah'm sorry doctor but ah just can't trust you, at the first sign of betrayal and we are getting away."

"Understandable, stick to the shrubs and trees until I shine a light over to you to come to the gates."

AppleBloom nodded and laid Gummy on her back to keep them both mobile and ready to escape if caught.

Several minuets passed after they watched Dr.Hooves walk through the front gates. A light was waving towards their direction from the front gates and AppleBloom quickly trotted over from the brush to the mansion walls and slide against them towards the gate.

"Go into that checkpoint booth, you will find some unconscious goons, retrieve an outfit from one of them and wear the clothing so you can blend in with the patrols." Dr.Hooves was on the edge,nervous.

AppleBloom only took a minuet to slip into a dark sweater and put away her bow in the sweater pocket. 'not much of a disguise but it will at least stop far-away alerts' AppleBloom thought as she straightened her sweater, she knew she couldn't fail tonight as Dr.Hooves said they would, for the sake of the Apple Family, her friends, and Spike.

They had entered the mansion and changed their pace to a more relaxed style and nonchalantly headed towards the stairs that only had a few men patrolling around the mansion. They reached the top of the large staircase and took a left and entered a narrow doorway that led to more stairs. They had reached the third floor and walked down a hallway that Dr.Hooves pointed out. After a few minuets of creeping around careful not to be caught they reached a door that was locked by a pass-code.

"If I remember correctly the pass-code should be...2-7-7-5-3-2-5-6-6-6... I was told It meant a name but never bothered to look it up." The door opened up to a small room with a computer in the back, the room was the size of a janitors office. They had found the control room for the weapon, Dr.Hooves galloped up to the screen and started typing away on it.

"I-is this the weapon Dr.hooves?"

"Yes, I believe so my dear, it should be controlled from this very computer, right now i am attempting to disable it."

Dr.Hooves worked on the computer for a few minuets while AppleBloom and Gummy guarded the door.

The screen went blank and Dr.Hooves recoiled. "No..."

Words appeared on the screen. 'Nice try.' and then it was followed by a countdown from 10.
9.
8.

Dr.hooves was dumbstruck his mind was blank, panicking to regain his thoughts to think.
7.
6.
5.
4.

It was a bomb! That mad-man!
3.

"Agents its a trap!"
2.
1.
The mansion exploded along with everything in a 50 foot radius of the mansion.