• Published 13th May 2015
  • 232 Views, 4 Comments

Thirty Minute or Less - Sea Salt



These are very short stories for the thirty minute challenges. I may make these longer but until then I hope you enjoy.

  • ...
 4
 232

Experiments

The lab was empty almost all the scientists had gone home, Doctor Stern - Strudel was once again by himself furiously reading over his notes. He tapped his fingers on the desk and was finishing the 6th cup of coffee. He looked at the clock, it taunted him reading 3am. Stern brushed his hair back and looked at the grey horse who was staring at him.

Impossible, he was just being paranoid his beard had grown too long he needed to shave sooner rather than later. He rubbed his eyes and walked over to the grey horse patting his back. This was not improving and he really needed to progress faster.

He read through the notes and decided that with no signs of improvement, perhaps the hypothesis was wrong. Perhaps they weren’t that smart, even though all the results said it was possible. He banged his head on the table and filled out the form.

Name: Patches

Sex: Stallion

Species: Horse

Result:

More obedient, but may be unconnected.

Conclusion: More study required.

Speech was the way that humans communicate, but apes did it with sign language. Perhaps he could teach him to speak with tapping. That’s when he realized he really needed to sleep. The point was to improve intelligence and he hadn’t shown any sign of that at all.

Doctor Stern-Strudel decided to get some sleep. When he returned that afternoon he looked at his notes.

Name: Doctor Stern-Strudel

Sex: Male

Species: Human

Result:

Continued stress and caffeine intake

Conclusion:

Continued observation and medical examination required

He snickered at the prank probably one of the interns, He was impressed that they knew his notes and style though. He climbed into the cage and ran a medical examination.

Notes:

Bone in forehead protruding, Stronger mussels and appears younger than he should.

This was very strange even for a biological experiment. It was apparent that the horse was changing. The hoof, also seemed to have some sort of conductive substances that cause his pants to be caught on the fur.

Conclusion of examination:

Physical changes apparent subject also appears to be calmer than others.

He looked at the front of the form. Patches had been crossed out and Star Swirl was written in. He held up the form and pointed to the horse than to the form. Star Swirl nodded and pointed to the form on the desk. This was a result that made Doctor Stern-Strudel much more interested in this experiment, Star Swirl felt the same way about his.

Author's Note:

25 Minutes 30 Seconds

Comments ( 2 )

How were these chapters uploaded over several days? I thought that you could only submit stories with at least 1000 words!

5974538 you can publish them and then submit them after you have enough words

Login or register to comment