• Published 13th May 2015
  • 228 Views, 4 Comments

Thirty Minute or Less - Sea Salt



These are very short stories for the thirty minute challenges. I may make these longer but until then I hope you enjoy.

  • ...
 4
 228

The Princess Lies

Celestia sat in the towel outside watching the moon in the sky, she had to wait for her student because she had promised. She sighed and sipped some tea the stars were being rearranged to where they should of been after 1000 years of Lunas’ absence they were behind schedule. Celestia admired her sisters’ work and didn’t even look as Twilight came in.

Twilight walked up to Celestia and also looked at the night sky.

“Isn’t it beautiful Twilight?” Celestia's voice echoed on the breeze and Twilight nodded.

“Why didn’t you tell me about your sister? I could of helped more if you let me know.” Twilight wasn’t angry she simply was curious on her teachers’ reasoning.

“I do apologize Twilight but I wanted to protect Luna.” She turned and walked to the fire. Twilight followed curious.

Celestia levitated a book to Twilight. “This is all the stories of Nightmare Moon, It’s silly now but imagine the fear ponies would have for Luna if the had known?” Twilight thought about this as she looked at the book.

“The Colts Grimm. That’s a great horror book but…”

“All of those stories were inspired by monsters and a lot are Nightmare Moon related.” Celestia explained.

Suddenly it clicked for Twilight her mind racing to fill in the blanks, and then it hit her. “You wanted her to be accepted more easily so you created Nightmare Moon for Luna.” Celestia nodded.

“More or less stories are used to protect us from what we fear my faithful student. No matter if that is what we create or what we wish to forget.”

Twilight smiled finally understanding for the first time why Celestia does these things.

“I am grateful for your frankness Celestia and appreciate you telling me.” Twilight held the book close. “What do we do now?” Twilight wondered.

“I don’t know Twilight. perhaps we make sure no pony realises the conection or we allow Luna to be feared until she proves she is not Nightmare Moon. These things I can not see. But what I do know is that I will be needing the help of you and your friends in the near future.”

“Of course princess we… I will help and I’ll see what the others think.” Celestia nodded at Twilights’ words.

“You are dismissed.

Twilight bowed and left the princesses company, she walked passed the guards to her friend who waited for her to return. Rarity was sleeping snoring in a manner befiting her.

“Well?” Rainbow Dash flew over and asked. “Did you tell her off?” Twilight shook her head.

“No what she did she did for love or something like that I don’t know but I believe it was the best thing that could of done.”

“I’m glad you didn’t yell at her.” Fluttershy smiled. “Do you think we will see Nightmare moon again?”

Twilight shrugged. “I don’t know but whatever we have to face we have each other to help face it.”

“So y’all are telling me that the 6 of us are going to fight monsters and save the world?” Applejack asked.

“Yep”

“I’m okay with that.” Applejack tilted her hat and they thought of the future except Rarity who was dreaming about the Grand Galloping Galla.

Author's Note:

This story was written in 27 minutes 14 Seconds.