• Published 10th May 2015
  • 17,432 Views, 299 Comments

Season Spike - Haoryu Changer



Spike and Twilight have an argument and Spike runs off. Meanwhile, Equestria is in danger, Celestia is aware of it, and contacts Twilight and her friends.

  • ...
44
 299
 17,432

PreviousChapters Next
[Episode 5: Hearts And Claws Day] Finding a Gift

A lot has happened over the past two months. Twilight and her friends seemingly got their cutie marks taken away and given back, Sweetie and her friends met and befriended Appleoosa's most wanted, the second disastrous, but entertaining Gala was held, a donkey's wedding almost became a disaster that no pony noticed, the Grand Equestria Pony Summit which went seemingly well... except for the fact that Armak had to help keep Twilight asleep. Twilight's reunion with her long friend Moon Dancer, a massive dream party type... thing, the Sisterhooves Social which was pretty entertaining, and most importantly, the Cutie Mark Crusader's destinies were revealed, and they got their cutie marks!

One more thing, the Ponyville library got destroyed by m- ...my darker self... Twilight and I were really sad at first, but we've adapted to our new home, the Friendship Castle.

Nowadays, time in Equestria is moving rather slowly for us. But it's very peaceful so no pony or dragon is complaining.


Sweetie Belle walked through the streets of Ponyville. She looked left and right trying to spot anything that would be perfect.

After looking through the various stands of things she didn't find anything. But she did not give up there.

"I already looked through Rarity's chest to find any gems. I also looked through her secret stash spot... and her final resort."

Sweetie Belle stopped and put a hoof to her chin in thought. After a couple minutes of thinking, she decided she would go to the most expensive shops around Ponyville. She would find something and get Rarity to buy it, no biggie.

After ten minutes of searching through the fancy shops, she found nothing.

She saw multiple clothing but it was all for ponies. The gems there were already used, and she doubted that Spike would like perfume.

"Maybe I could try getting him a..." She was lost.

Suddenly, Sweetie cleared her throat and shouted, "Discord!"

On cue, the former chaos maker appeared in a flash, making some ponies nearby become uneasy. He was on a red couch reading a book called, "Equestria's Enemies".

"What is it?" He asked without taking his eyes off the book. He was currently in a certain centaur section, with Changelings at the next page.

"Do you know any gifts I could get Spike for Hearts And Hooves Day?"

"Isn't that today?"

"Umm yeah, but I kinda got sidetracked a bit," She replied adorably.

"Oh, no worries."

"Do you have anything in mind?"

"Hmm..." Discord put a talon to his chin in thought. "To be honest, love isn't really my thing. Cadence would be your best bet, but I could propose an item."

"What is it?"

"A gem cak-"

"No! That's just a little thing. Spike deserves more!"

Discord sighed. "Well I'm sorry, I can't really think of anything." A watch appeared on Discord's leg. "I'm on a tight schedule, I'll see you later Sweetie." And with that, he flashed away.

Sweetie sighed. "Bye..."


Meanwhile

Twilight trotted up to Spike's room in their big castle and knocked. "Spike? Are you okay-"

The door suddenly slammed open in green magic to reveal a hyperventilating Spike.

"...Spike?"

"Twilight! Oh, thank Celestia! I don't think I'm going to survive!" He looked very nervous.

"Spike," Twilight chuckled. "What's got you so worked up?"

"Me? Worked up? I'm not worked up! Who's worked up-"

"Spike! You have to calm down. Here, Cadence taught me this technique." Twilight started to inhale slowly, and Spike soon followed. She then exhaled, and Spike again followed motion.

Spike did it a few more times until he finally collected himself.

"Okay. Now do you want to tell me what's going on?" She asked with a warm smile.

Spike sighed. "Sweetie Belle said that she was going to get me to meet her parents."

Twilight was silent for a second, then started to burst out laughing. "You're nervous for that? Haha!"

"W-What if they don't approve of me being her drakefriend? What if they don't like dragons!" He gasped. "What if Sweetie gets in trouble because of me?!"

This caused Twilight to laugh harder, there were even tears running down her face.

Spike frowned. "You're not helping!"

"Sorry, sorry..." Twilight wiped away a tear. "Spike. You are known all around Equestria as a hero. There's no way her parents would look down on you."

"I... yeah, maybe."

She wrapped a wing around Spike. "You're acting worse than I do." She giggled.

Spike giggled as well. "Yeah, I guess so."

Twilight nuzzled Spike. "I know they'll like you. You just have to believe in yourself."

Spike smiled. "Thanks, Twilight."

"Well, you should get ready for your cute little date with Sweetie Belle." This caused Spike to blush. "I'll let you get to it." And Twilight walked out of Spike's room.


Sweetie Belle sat on a park bench. She rested her cheeks on her hoofs and was in deep thought.

"How come I can't think of anything to get him?" She gasped. "What if Spike thinks I don't care about him anymore... No, that's silly!" She smiled to herself. "We already solved that little issue." She went back to thinking. "Maybe I should go look around again-"

"Hi, there!"

"Ah!" Sweetie panicked a bit.

"Sorry." The voice was one of a filly's that squeaked like Sweetie Belle's. The filly giggled. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Sweetie inspected the filly. She was a unicorn with a blue coat and green eyes. Her straight mane was a darker shade of blue, and her long tail was the same.

The filly hopped next to Sweetie Belle. "I saw you all sad and stuff so I came to cheer you up. But then I got confused because you started laughing, and then you started to think again, and..."

"Boy, this filly talks a lot. Almost as much as Pinkie Pie."

"...But then I finally told myself to come and be of service!" The filly gasped. "Oh! My name is Sweet Heart! What's yours?" She gave Sweetie a toothy smile.

"My name is Sweetie Belle. Nice to meet you!"

"Hello, Sweetie Belle. So? What's the matter?"

Sweetie sighed. "I'm trying to find a Hearts And Hooves day gift for my drakefriend."

"You mean coltfriend, right?" Sweet Heart said with a giggle.

"Nope. I'm in love with Spike!" Sweetie said happily.

"...Who's Spike?"

Sweetie Belle blinked. "Say what now?"

"Who's this Spike pony?"

"How don't you know him?! He's the prin-"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's go get that gift!" Before Sweetie could say anything, Sweet Heart took her hoof and ran off with her.

In ten minutes, they were at the arts and crafts shop.

"Why are we here?" Sweetie asked.

"The bestest gifts come from the heart. Something that's one of a kind made with love."
Sweet Heart explained.

"I was trying to find something one of a kind all morning!" Sweetie exclaimed.

"No, this is something that you make. Something that you make with love."

"I don't get it."

"Like... A poster, or big card!"

"But Spike deserves more than just a stupid card."

"You might think that. But Spike wants nothing more than your love for him. That's what counts."

"Sooo... Just a card?"

"Of course not just a card. You decorate it and make it lovely."

"So like glitter and stuff?"

"Yup!"

Sweetie sighed. "I'm not sure about this, but I'll give it a shot."

"Trust me, your coltfriend will love it."

"Drakefriend." She tried to correct.

"Yeah, whatever his fantasy name is." Sweet Heart started to push Sweetie into the shop.

Sweetie rolled her eyes and hoped that this hyper filly was going in the right direction.


"Wow, this actually looks great!" Sweetie beamed as she held out her pink and green card.

"Told ya!"

"You sure know a lot about love and stuff."

"Of course, I do. Look!" She showed Sweetie her behind which where her cutie mark was.

Her mark was a red heart which had a blue ribbon wrapped around it.

"Woah. Cool cutie mark!"

"My special talent is to help others with their love problems. One day I'm going to rise up into the ranks and become Princess Cadance's prodigy. Maybe even replace her!" She smiled, but surprisingly grew a frown after.

Noticing her sad expression, Sweetie asked, "What's wrong?"

"I'm dreaming too big aren't I?" She sighed.

"N-No, if you believe in yourself you can accomplish anything!" Sweetie reassured.

"So you think that one day I can replace Princess Cadance?"

"Yeah, probably, who knows what could happen. Maybe Cadence will get tired of her job or something."

Sweet Heart smiled. "Thanks, Sweetie Belle."

"No problem. Hey! I should show you to my friends!"

"Really?"

Sweetie nodded. "Yeah, they would love to meet you."

"Okay, let's go!" She grabbed Sweetie's hoof and ran off with her. Even though she didn't know where and who Sweetie's friends were.

PreviousChapters Next