• Published 10th May 2015
  • 425 Views, 6 Comments

Playing the Strings of My Heart - Killjoy_Writer



Vinyl Scratch and Octavia arguably the most unstable friendship in all of Equestria. But Vinyl decides that it's time to right her wrongs and tell Octavia how she truly feels.

  • ...
1
 6
 425

Prologue part 2

The lights clicked on.

The cellist walked to center stage and sat next to her large instrument.

She waited for the applause to stop and brought the bow to the strings.

Then, she played.

The form, her elegance and technique. One continued to compliment the other.

As she played the last note of the last movement, the crowed rose in a roaring applause. The calm, quite, and elegant life was the one she, the Octavia Philharmonic, chose. She is the exact opposite of her, former, girlfriend. But even though she broke up with the latter, she didn't want to leave her.

She stood and bowed politely to the crowd with a sweet smile. As she carried her cello and bow back stage to place them in their case, she caught sight of one of her members in a quartet she plays in, Woodwind. He was the type of stallion you would find in Canterlot. Calm, collected, and very good at playing the clarinet. His signature brown and black jacket complimented his blond and highly-cared-for hair which was in his signature swept back ponytail. "Good show out there, Tavi!" he congratulated the lady.

The only response was a groan. "I told you to stop calling me that, Wood." the female repeated for what felt like the fiftieth time.

"Oh," he nervously chuckled, "M-My bad."

"What do you want?" she asked politely in her level-headed tone as she opened the case to her cello.

"I just wanted to drop by and say that you have been invited to play for the Princesses next week." he announced.

She froze before she could set her bow into the case. Playing for the Princesses? she thought in her going-the-speed-of-light mind.

"Personally." Wood added.

Her mind shattered into pieces the size of an insect. It was her lifelong dream to play for the Princesses. In the biggest and grandest stage of all. The Royal Music Hall. She didn't realize it at first but her vision started to black as she swayed back and forth. Woodwind acted fast enough to catch her and began to fan her. She laughed hysterically as she began to slip out of the faint. "You okay, Octavia?" Wood asked, suppressing a smile and laugh.

"I-I-I-I will...." she huffed as the cellist sat up and looked at the remains of a bow in her hand. "Blast..."

Now Wood couldn't contain it. He let go of her and fell over in laughter. She shot her signature blushing glare at the clarinet player. A look she would frequently use at Vinyl. But that was the past. Wood stopped his laughing fit and stood. "I'll make sure to get a ticket for next week." he stated as Octavia locked her case shut.

"I'll see you then." Octavia smiled as she walked out the back door.

The only thing that she could think of on the walk home was what she would play for the Princesses. But oddly enough, so was Vinyl. Why was the obnoxious DJ in her mind? Was it the glare? The laughing fit? What was it that reminded her of Vinyl Scratch? She didn't know. All she had to focus on was the coming week.

And the performance.

Comments ( 1 )

Cant wait to see more of this.

Login or register to comment