• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 23,600 Views, 771 Comments

In a time of need - Small Muffin



After being abandoned by her friends, Sunset Shimmer wanders the steets alone, with no hope left, she gives up, only to be saved at the last second. Meanwhile her friends are trying to find her, and apologize for what they've done.

  • ...
27
 771
 23,600

A rough morning

"Hey Twilight? Twilight? Nope, she's out cold. Guess I'll leave a note."

Twilight's eyes slowly opened up about halfway. "Hhhmm..." After moving her head a little, she saw Spike walking away from her bed. "Spike..?" she mumbled.

Spike looked behind him, at the now awake pony. "Oh, Morning Twilight. Sorry, I woke you up, didn't I?" he asked.

"Yeah," Twilight rubbed her eyes, still half asleep. "What time is it?" she asked as she levitated her duvet off herself, and climbed down off the bed.

"About twenty past nine," Spike replied. "Sorry I woke you. I just wanted to see if you wanted to come to Sugercube Corner with me and the others," he continued, "But I guess you might just wanna stay here for now."

"What's happening at Sugercube?" Twilight asked.

"Well, nothing much. Pinkie just thought we should all hang out there for a while and relax." Spike shrugged, "But, You don't have to come if to tired."

"Sure I'll come. Just give me a minute to get myself up," she replied with a smile.

"Oh, alright then." Spike walked towards Twilight's bedroom door, and out the room. "I'll be in the main hall when you're ready!" He shouted as he went down the castle halls.

"I won't be long!" Twilight shouted back. Her smile quickly vanished from her face, as she went over to her bedroom unit, and grabbed a hair brush with her magic. She gave a tired sigh as she brushed her mane with the aid of a mirror.

She really was rather tired. When she returned through the mirror from the human world, it was two o'clock in the morning. She had woken Spike up just to let him know she was back, and he was back to sleep in no time, but when she got to bed, due to everything that had been going on recently, she didn't get much sleep at all.

When she had finished brushing her mane, she let go of the brush, and glanced over at her bedside unit. More specifically, the book on the unit. It was her magical diary, the one that her and Sunset would use to communicate. She still couldn't believe she let this whole mess happen. She could've prevented this whole mess from happening.

She walked over to the book. She considered writing something. She didn't know what, but something. The thought was quickly disregarded when she remembered that Sunset most likely wouldn't even care anyway. She was done with Twilight, and the others. "But still... You never know..." she mumbled.

"You alright Twi?!?" she heard Spike yell.

"Yes. I'm coming now Spike!" Twilight levitated a saddle bag over to herself, opened it, and used her magic to grab two books from her rooms bookcase, as well as the diary. She put the diary in first at the bottom of the bag, and placed the two other books on top. With that done, she closed the bag, and put it on her back, before heading out the room, and towards the main hall.

"She might write, you never know..." As she walked through the castle, she considered if she should tell her friends about the mess that had happened in the human world. On one hand, she shouldn't keep stuff from them, but on the other hand, in doesn't really involve them. None of them have even been over there, except Spike, and do they really need to know anyway? Maybe not.

She arrived at the castles main hall, where Spike was waiting for Twilight next to the castle doors. "You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah. Let's go." Twilight smiled.

"Um... What's with the bag?" Spike asked.

"Oh, I've just... Got a book or two for me to read while we're there," she replied. "You know, just if I feel like reading."

"Oh... Okay..?" Spike said, a tad confused. "Which one you bringing?" he asked.

"Oh. Um..." Twilight opened her saddle bag and brought out one of the books. "...Advanced Magic and You. Volume Five." she replied after reading the title

"Haven't you read that one already this month? Twice?" Spike asked.

"No," Twilight replied, putting the book back in her bag.

"I'm pretty sure you have... Are you sure you wanna go out, maybe you should just rest in bed today?" Spike asked.

"Spike, I'm fine," Twilight replied. She walked over to the castles main doors, and opened them with her magic. "Besides, if i didn't come out, then you and the others would just be worried about me being in bed all day."

"If you say so." Spike followed Twilight out of the castle, and shut the door behind him. "So how's everypony doing in the human world then?" he asked.

"They're..." Twilight began. Maybe she should tell Spike. After all he has been to the human world before. So it would make sense to tell him about the mess that had happened. "Aren't the others waiting for us at Sugercube Corner right now? We probably shouldn't keep everypony waiting." Twilight walked on ahead of Spike before he had a chance to reply to her.

Maybe she should, maybe she shouldn't. But Twilight decided to think about it and decide that later. Besides, what good could telling him right now do anyway? Sunset probably doesn't want to see him either.

Spike ran up behind her, after locking the castle doors. "That doesn't really answer my question," Spike said. "How's everypony doing in the huma-"

"They're fine Spike," Twilight interrupted, "Everypony's fine... Oh and... Sunset wishes us both a happy hearth's warming." Twilight Smiled through her lie, hoping Spike would buy it.

"Well that's nice of her. Did she give you anything?" Spike asked.

Twilight sighed with relief, as it seemed her bought it. "No Spike, she didn't, and she didn't have to anyway," she replied.

Spike snapped his claws, "Hey I've got an idea, maybe we should get her something!" he said, rather excitedly, "I mean, this is her first hearth's warming since she actually got some friends, so we should get her something really nice, and make ait a special one! Right?"

"Uh, yeah... We should get her something nice..." Twilight repeated. Her smile began to drop a bit.

"Uh... Twi?"

"Sorry, just... Thinking about what we could get her," Twilight replied hastily, "Our worlds are a lttle different after all."

"I think they're more than a little different." Spike replied.

"Let's just get to the others. They're probably wondering where we are." Twilight said with a strong desire to change the subject.

"Well, they don't know you're home yet," Spike said.

"Well I guess that'll be a nice surprise for them then," Twilight replied. For now she had to not let that this mess get to her. The last thing she wanted right now was for her friends to worry about her. She put a smile back on her face, as she and Spike headed towards Sugercube Corner.

Author's Note:

So I've been gone a while, and I'm sorry about that. I made a small little blog thing about that. But I'm back now.

Sorry that this one is really short, this segment was originally about half as big, and then continued at sugercube with the others. But since I've been gone for a while, and not writing, I decided to just make this a small separate chapter to get myself used to writing again.

Tl dr. Sorry its short, I'm just getting used to things again.

Any and all criticism is apprectiated as usual.

Comments ( 52 )

So, how long will it take her friends to make Twilight crack and tell them about what's really going on in the human world? Or is Pinkie going to do her thing?

Nice to see how this is still affecting Twilight. Can't wait for the next chapter.

I'm betting Pinkie Pie already told them and they are already thinking up plans on how to help before twilight even get's to Sugar Cube Corner.

8086665 If by thing you mean just knowing everything and describing it all without any explamation how she knows it like she did in the first equestria girls, no she won't.

8086682 But how would Pinkie know, and then be able to tell them?

8086755 She knows everything and nothing at the same time.

Nice to have you back! And nice little chapter! I enjoyed it. Poor Twilight though...

This is a nice insight about Twilight's state of mind.

Thanks for the new chapter! :twilightsmile:

she let this whole mess happen. She could've prevented this whole mess from happening.

Sorry but this just really sticks out as repetitive. There are a fair amount of other errors in this chapter too and it felt a bit dull with the dialogue compared to the previous chapters.

I suggest going over this chapter again to make it flow better.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh but you did ask for constructive criticisms.

8086695 I can easily answer that 1 with 3 words: Friendship games bloopers

8101521 Thanks. I apreciate it. What was meant by that is that Twilight felt like she could of sorted the mess out before it became a problem if she had taken Sunsets message seriously before before she left for Canterlot, and she's letting it get to her. And I know it's a bit weaker compared to my other chapters.

Like I said in the authors note, this was a lot shorter and then continued in Sugercube with the others, but, this part ended up being about twice as long, and I didn't wanna rush the sugercube part, so I just put this out on it's own.

Anything else you'd like to say? I always appreciate any criticism. I'm not gonna improve without it. :twilightsmile:

8101527 True. But that probably wasn't supposed to be taken to seriously, and it just sounds to me like a bulls:yay:t "get out of all your problems here" card for a serious story.

please continue, i love these realistic stories where 'my bad' isn't enough to magicaly sweep it all under the rug (seriously not just the comic like dozens of these stories seeme to do that)

Any updates to this on the horizon?

Great story! I've read quite a few Anon-A-Miss stories by now, but your take on the Dazzlings is one I haven't seen yet, and I really like it.

One problem though: There are a lot of typos, especially in the second half. You should think about getting a proofreader.
I've made a list of every typo I came across in this Google Document for you.

Still, great story. I'm hoping you'll post more soon!

8161252 Sorry for the late reply. I'm glad you like it, and for pointing out my typos, I do proofread this before I publish it, believe me, there would be a lot more if I didn't, but some always slip through unnoticed. I hope to update soon, before the end of the month.

8164738
*waits patiently* Chapter chapter chapter new chapter chapter chapter...

8086695
you're seriously questioning Pinkie Pie of all ponies

Hello. My name is Charles Spratt, and I'm a pretentious douchebag reviewer. Because of how much I had to say about this story in particular, I wrote a review of this story over on my page. If you want to check it out, then click here. Whether you check it out or not, I wish you the best of luck with your future stories, and if you do check it out, I hope you find it helpful. Cheers :pinkiesmile:

I have been thoroughly enjoying this story since you started writing it. I appreciate how the Dazzlings have retained their edge while beginning to turn over a new leaf in their lives. Also, their concern and protectiveness towards Sunset is very satisfying after the whole Anon-A-Miss debacle. Thank you for sharing this story and I hope you continue to write more on it. :)

can't help but notice that its been a few months since the last chapter was posted and have been wondering if we are going to be getting a new chaster sometime soon because i have been loving this story since the beginning. :scootangel:

Will you be continuing this story?

8425230
yes, but probably not soon. Theres alot going on in my life right now.

It's getting good, hope Sunset goes through with dropping the mane5 and twilight forever.... Pissed off Sunset is best Sunset.

8425843
I hope that whatever is going in your life gets better, don't let anything get the best of you. Always keep your spirits high, and your will to succeed even higher.

Hi Just read over your story and it was great! I really enjoyed the emotions and development. I hope you are able to continue the story and see it through. Reading on information you've posted, I also hope things in your life fall back into a nice rhythm and time management becomes efficient. Also, if you need someone to talk about anything, I'm usually a PM away!~ I like to keep close with Authors whose work I enjoy. Thank you for your hard work, creativity and efforts. Oh, I'm also an expert proof reader and syntax analyst. (I only mention it for simple things I've noticed here and there, nothing too damaging that shatters the read-scape) =)

8775335
its not a bad thing!
but someone has to bring that up! lol

Is the story going to be continued? :applejackunsure:

Hope to see some updates eventually

Hi there :)

With all my favourite stories, yours is way into my top ones (if I remember correctly maybe the first fic I've ever read about AaM).

Aside from that, you made a great use of the Sirens (most authors have done several stories involing them as this one, but yours has something different, maybe because they're caring about Sunset and it's not exaggerated, yet simple enough for the pattern).
Another "Tartarus hath no fury like Twilight Sparkle scorned" ^^.
How Twilight will react with her friends in Equestria is keeping me excited too.

So, keep going, 'cause as good your story is, waiting for any next chapter is worth it, and I'll stay entertained for it.

Keep it going it's getting good

8164738

Things still going bad?

Keep it up! Writing can distract from the pains of life, and give you something to think about other than real world problems. Like a mini vacation from things. :moustache:

Whens the update coming up

Now that I'm caught up, this has been at times fun, a bit off the rails at other times, but rough grammatically just about the whole way through. Ultimately, that's the biggest issue holding this back. There are lots of typos, missing punctuation, etc., and the issues are all inconsistent. It's not like I can point out a consistent issue, link you to places that tell how to do it correctly, and presto, problem solved. The issues are all over the place.

I do want to know what happens next because there are definitely enough good things going on that I'm still interested.

Re-read the story again. This is still quiet captivating seeing how she slowly joins the siren group. This is so far left on a high point that i hope to see this story continued soon hopefully.

Is....is this story dead?

Please continue your story! It’s getting really, REALLY good!

Damn, I guess this story is dead. This is one of the few anon-a-miss stories that I actually found interesting. All the other stories were very short or made Sunset forgive the girls right away. Hope you can update this story, if you even read this. I still come around often and reread the story, imagining an ending to myself. Hope you are well :)

Love this story keep up the great work

Story appears to be dead, but I've got it on my tracking anyway. One can dream, after all. Certainly one of my favorite Anon-a-miss stories.

9583614
I second your post. I hope it undies someday as it was really good!

Are ever gonna finish this

Hello anybody there

Is the story dead

If you don't me suggesting that twilight talk with the princesses. With all their years of experiences they must have some good advice for twilight who blaming herself for not being there for sunset.

Well things I have a feeling are about to get very awkward indeed

Login or register to comment