• Published 25th Apr 2015
  • 405 Views, 4 Comments

A Girl in an Equestrian World - bright_night



After a spell gone wrong, Fluttershy woke up one morning as a human. Now, with the help of her friends, she needs to find away to return to he true self.

  • ...
 4
 405

Chapter 2

Angel was hurrying down the streets of Ponyville, desperate to find the help his friend needed. Being the small rabbit that he was, it took him quite a long time to travel the already great distance to Twilight’s castle. Angel arrived at the castle and quickly tried to knock on the door; however, the door was far too thick for there to be an audible sound the other side. He tried to reach the door handle, but because of his small size, he was unable to, even while jumping.

Luckily, Pinkie Pie happened to be coming to give Twilight a cupcake. Angel could hear her singing from all the way down the street. She was trotting joyfully up the steps of the castle. When she got to the top, she opened the door; the opportunity of which Angel took full advantage of.

By the time he got in, Twilight was already busy talking to Pinkie. Angel was trying to get her attention, but neither stomping his paw nor jumping up and down in between the two of them worked. Frustrated he decided to use the last resort. He gave a hard yank on her mane.

“Ow!” She yelled, looking down at the little white rabbit. He was jumping up and down pointing at the door. “What is it, Angel?”

“Hmm,” Pinkie said, kneeling down to stare Angel right in the eyes, “It seems as though he’s saying that Fluttershy is in trouble. Somehow, she’s turned into some sort of two-legged creature.”

“Oh no!” Her eyes wide and mouth open with terror. Immediately, she knew what was wrong. Her transformation spell had worked, but instead of transforming Fluttershy into an earth pony like it was meant to, it transformed her into a human.

“What’s the matter?” Pinkie questioned, her head tilted to the side in confusion, one eyebrow cocked higher than the other. Twilight walked into the library, Angel and Pinkie Pie close behind. Her horn was glowing as she scanned through the thousands of books, looking for the one on species from other worlds

“Remember that time Sunset Simmer stole my crown and I had to travel to another world in order to get it back?” Twilight replied after taking a brief moment to calm herself.

“Yes,” Pinkie answered, her eyes widened and jaw dropped as she began to put the pieces together.

“Well, that world was populated primarily by a species called humans and it seems if a spell I performed yesterday turned Fluttershy into one.”

“Twilight,” Pinkie said with a gasp, “How could you?”

“It wasn’t intentional,” Twilight answered as she pulled a book from the shelf. “I was simply testing a spell I had been working on and it seemed to go wrong.”

“That seems to happen a lot, doesn’t it?”

“Unfortunately, yes.” Her head dropped to the in a quick attempt to hide her embarrassment. Picking it back up, she turned her attention to the book. Written by the Equestrian Academy of Mythological Studies, it was titled ‘Anthropology: Humans and Other Creatures From Worlds Beyond’. Twilight opened the book to a chapter detailing the anatomy and diet of a human.

“I have to find a way to turn her back into a pony,” Twilight said, her muzzle buried in the book. “Fluttershy will never be able to survive in this world while in human form. Her diet won’t allow for it as she’d be unable to get the nutrition she would need in order to live a healthy lifestyle. Not only that, but if she remains here, she’ll be the only one of her kind.”

“Oh no!” Pinkie said, beginning to panic. She was quickly pacing around the room, her head seemingly on the verge of exploding. “Fluttershy will never be happy again!”

She stopped pacing directly in front of Twilight. Reaching out, she grabbed Twilights head pulling it close to her own, her eyes near bulging out of their sockets. “You have to fix this,” She said in a hushed tone.

“Yes, Pinkie. I know,” Twilight reassured her, pulling her head away, “When have I ever caused a problem that I haven’t been able to fix?”

“Well there was that one time,” Pinkie said with a grin.

“Do not say it,” Twilight glared.

“Ah, but it’s funny!”

“Do not say it!”

“Fine,” Pinkie replied a sullen expression on her face.

“Anyhow, Angel and I need to go over to Fluttershy’s cottage and check on her,” Twilight said as she grabbed Angel with her magic and put him on her back.

“Yeah Twilight, it will be an adventure, we’re going on an adventure Twilight!”

“We’re just going to Fluttershy’s cottage.”

“Yes, but we have to find a way to return her to her normal form.”

“Yeah, Pinkie about that,” Twilight started cautiously, “I think it may be a good idea for you to stay here.”

“What! Why?” Pinkie asked, her face filled with anger.

“Well, it’s just that she’s already in a compromised state and you don’t always think about what you say, and I’m nervous that you might say something that will only exacerbate the issue.”

“What! No, I wouldn’t!” She yelled with a giant scowl covering her face.

“Sorry, Pinkie.” Twilight, along with Angel departed out the door of the castle, into the streets of the town, leaving Pinkie Pie alone.

Then she got an idea! An awful idea! Pinkie got a wonderful, awful idea!

“Twilight said I should stay behind,” said she with a mischievous grin, rubbing her hooves together, her plan about to begin. “She never said I had to stay!”

Then a smile appeared as she walked out the door. Skipping and singing a tune she adored.

It wasn’t long before she caught up with Twilight. Putting on her traditional Groucho glasses disguise, she followed closely behind, finding any obvious hiding spot she could. As though some form of earth pony magic surrounded her, both Twilight and Angel remained completely oblivious to her presence.

As they approached Fluttershy’s cottage, Twilight took Angel inside to check on Fluttershy while Pinkie remained outside. From where she was, she could see Twilight yell something, and she assumed that Twilight was calling out to Fluttershy. Without hesitation, Angel jumped off of Twilights back, running upstairs. Only a moment later, Angel returned, a tall shadow closely tailing him. Pinkie loudly gasped when the caster of the shadow came into view.

Author's Note:

I hope that you enjoyed the second chapter of A Girl in an Equestrian World. It is my goal to release a chapter no later than Saturday of each week. If you would like to stay up to date on this story or any of my future stories, feel free to follow me and/or add this story to your bookshelf. Lastly, I would truly appreciate your feedback, so if you have any constructive criticism, I would love to hear it the comments.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment