• Published 13th May 2012
  • 1,375 Views, 6 Comments

Lunar Creations - Howitzer412



How exactly did Luna become who she is?

  • ...
1
 6
 1,375

Nightmare Moon

Celestia, several weeks after Luna's vision, awoke in her bedchamber. She noticed that it was still dark out, so why would she be awake?

"Ahem" said a guard in front of her.

"Oh, Night Gazer, what is wrong?" asked Celestia.

"It is still dark your highness" answered Night Gazer, looking side to side suspiciously.

"Why yes, it is. Is that a problem?"

"My lady, it is past noon."

"What!" gasped Celestia. "Why was I not woken sooner?"

"The doors to your chambers were locked by some sort of spell. Only pegasi could get up here, so it took awhile to get the doors open."

"But where is my sister? Where is Luna?"

"She is, or I think she is, in the throne room" stuttered Night Gazer.

Celestia was about to ask why, but then more guards barged through the door. Unlike Night Gazer, who wore the dark night guard armor, these were day guards.

"Back away from the princess!" yelled their captain.

"Sun Dancer, what is the meaning of this?" asked Celestia, now rising from her bed and towering over the guards.

"The night guards have turned against you my lady, they now serve Luna" said Sun Dancer.

"Of course they do, all guards support both of us..."

"Luna has seized control" said another day guard who's name Celestia couldn't remember. "She has taken many of the guards and killed everypony else."

"What? Why has she done this?"

"We are not sure" said Night Gazer. "All I know is that-"

"Silence you fiend!" ordered Sun Dancer.

"I am not a traitor!" shouted Night Gazer.

"Then you're the first night guard to do so! Why should we believe you?"

"I haven't touched a hair on her mane, even though I had plenty of time to before you arrived. I serve Celestia, just as I always have."

"He speaks the truth" said Celestia. "I can tell. Now, bring me to my sister!"

The five guards and Celestia flew out of the tower and down through the open double doors. They then swiftly made it to the throne room, and stopped at the door.

"Princess, I don't think this is a good-" started Sun Dancer.

"I will put a stop to this silliness" said Celestia, opening the doors.

Inside was Luna, or it used to be her. She now had a pitch black coat and a strange magic-infused mane and tail. She wore a helmet and shoes, all shiny and metallic. Even the background color of her cutie mark had changed. This was not Luna, this was somepony completely different.

She sat on the golden throne Discord once sat upon, glaring down at her sister and the five guards. All around the room were night guards and a few day guards, posted at the walls and doors. The doors were abruptly closed at her sister's entrance, leaving no escape. A day guard, wearing no armor, was shackled to the wall and was being kicked by a few of the turned guards.

"Luna what is this?" asked Celestia.

"I am not Luna" she said. "I am Nightmare Moon, and this is my domain!"

"This is ridiculous, sister. Allow me to bring the sun up and we can go about our day like nothing has happened-"

"But something has happened!" shouted Nightmare Moon. "I am now in control, and there will be no more sun!"

"What? Luna, are you insane?"

"The ponies will now be able to enjoy the night, every hour of each day!"

"How will they grow food, or see long distances or even short ones?"

"My powerful magic will provide food for those who except me! You see Celestia, I am much more powerful than you! I have always been more powerful!"

"Luna, what are you talking about? We share the-"

"I am not Luna! And I am the one that slew the dragon, while you could not nothing about it! I am the one that stopped Discord, while you sat next to him! I have quelled rebellions, given ponies purpose, I have more power than you could imagine, yet you are the most beloved. The one most noticed, the one everypony is talking about!"

"Luna please, come down from there and we can make this all better" begged Celestia.

"All better? You want things to be all better! You cannot even comprehend my reasons for this, why should I stoop to your level and make things all better?"

"Just because you are jealous does not mean anything. I am your older sister and you will do as I say."

"Oh really?" asked Nightmare Moon. "I should, listen to you? Look at what position you are in Celestia! I am on the throne, surrounded by my loyal guards, while you are below me, with nothing more than a handful of ponies to defend you!"

Nightmare Moon levitated the beaten guard of to her throne, and sat him in front of it, facing Celestia.

"My lady!" he gasped. "I did everything I could, I swear, gah!"

The telekinesis was squeezing him, cracking bones and contorting his body.

"Sister, I beg of you, please stop!" said Celestia, tears forming.

"I will make an example of him!" Nightmare Moon shouted. The body of the guard pony was crushed, blood spilling out everywhere and running down the marble steps.

Celestia turned away, not able to look at the deformed body of her loyal follower.

"Now, for you five!" laughed Nightmare Moon. Her guards lowered their spears and walked forward, making a circle around Celestia and the five guards.

"Luna, please, you are making a mistake!" begged Celestia.

"The only mistake made, was letting you kill that unicorn!" shouted Nightmare Moon. "Kill them!"

Her guards began to thrust their spears into the ring, killing and maiming Celestia's remaining guards. Celestia only stood there, her face in her hooves.

"You see sister!" exclaimed Nightmare Moon. "I am saving you! And it is working out exactly as I had planned!"

Celestia mumbled something not understandable.

"What was that?" asked Nightmare Moon.

"Saving me?" asked Celestia. "Is that what you think you are doing?"

"Why yes, the creators told me-"

"The creators are gone!" shouted Celestia.

"What?"

"I remember, when I was captured by Discord. He told me that he had been all throughout the galaxy, and that this was his final stop. Everything else out there is, gone."

"Impossible" smirked Nightmare Moon. "Discord was lying, or you are! They spoke to me, and I shall do their bidding!"

Celestia, unexpectedly, charged her former sister. Powerful wings aided her charge as she pointed her horn at Nightmare Moon's throat. Nightmare Moon simply moved her neck downwards, and the two were then locking horns and pushing at each other using their wings for a boost.

"Sister, it doesn't have to be this way!" said Celestia. "You can come back."

"I have no sister!" shouted Nightmare Moon, who blasted Celestia away with a spell.

Celestia recovered quickly, then fired a solar beam at Nightmare Moon. She dodged it, then fired her own sort of beam. Celestia put up a small protection spell, and it was deflected. As she put down the spell, however, Nightmare Moon was in her face, sending a kick right into her side. Celestia flew back and hit off of the wall, injured for the first time in a long time. Nightmare Moon then began to charge up another beam, which would surely end her sister. Celestia, too weak to put up a powerful enough protection spell, thought it best to teleport away. Her horn began to glow as the spell charged.

Too late! Nightmare Moon's beam had fired, and was going right for Celestia. Out of seemingly nowhere, a golden spear was tossed up and redirected the spell off of its shaft. The beam instead went to Celestia's hooves, knocking her over once again. Celestia, now on her back and still charging the spell, was now not staring at the place behind Nightmare Moon, but the full moon itself.

In a flash, Celestia was gone. Because the spell was aimed up, Nightmare Moon knew exactly where her sister transported herself to. In another flash, Nightmare Moon was also on the moon, looking for Celestia.

She wasn't that hard to find, as she was injured and laying next to a crater. Her horn was glowing, but Nightmare Moon did not care. She was charging another beam, which would finish Celestia once and for all.

"Well played Celestia" she smirked. "But not well enough."

"Please, Luna...I love-"

"Save it" said Nightmare Moon, aiming her horn at Celestia. "For when we meet again, I still will not care!"

Nightmare Moon fired the beam, which should have killed Celestia. Instead, a beam came from Celestia's horn as well, and the two hit each other, balanced in the middle. Nightmare Moon's would move some, but Celestia would push it back. Celestia's would move some, but Nightmare Moon would push it back. The two seemed to be at a stalemate.

Celestia, looking in her peripheral vision, saw the sun. It's giant glowing mass warmed her, even in the cold vacuum of space. It gave her confidence, hope, and power. Her beam moved forward, and Nightmare Moon could not push it back. Celestia's got closer and closer to Nightmare Moon's horn, until it was practically touching it.

"Sister" said Celestia. "I will now control the sun and the moon. And for a thousand years, you will stay here!"

"Hhhnnggg, no!" grunted Nightmare Moon. "I am your salvation, I was protecting you, protecting the ponies!"

"That is now my job" said Celestia. "And you will never hurt my, ponies, AGAIN!"

The beam made contact with Nightmare Moon's horn, sending a visible rippling effect go down her body. She then began to sink through the solid mass of the moon, as if it were quicksand.

"No! Celestia! Celestia!" she shouted.

The last thing she saw for a thousand years was amazing. Her sister, beautiful as ever, stood proudly over her, the glorious light of the sun behind her, casting an eerie shadow over Nightmare Moon's head.

And after that, nothing. Silence, darkness, and waiting.

The creators had lied.


























The summer sun celebration was almost ready, and the small town of Ponyville was where Celestia herself would raise the sun. Twilight and the citizens of Ponyville gathered around to see their beloved Princess' great reveal. But when Rarity opened the curtain, there was nopony behind it.

"What?" asked one pony.

"Where is Celestia?" asked another.

Twilight, always observant, looked at the full moon, which should be setting right now. The Mare in the Moon, a shape of a mare imprinted on the surface of the moon a thousand years ago, was gone.

"That's strange" wondered Twilight. "Where is the Mare in the Moon?"

Her question was answered, as a cloud of strange dark blue smoke appeared where Celestia should be, and a figure appeared.

She had a pitch black coat, and a magic infused mane and tail. She wore a helmet and shoes made of a shiny metallic substance, and her cutie mark was of a crescent moon.

Finally, Nightmare Moon thought. I am BACK.............

And you know what happens after that.

The End

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment