• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 1,017 Views, 29 Comments

Singularity - Riley McApplePoneManJr



Erin and Riley are two humans who have special powers over four elements with Riley being a fire element and Erin being a lightning element. After an attack from the KAE, they are transported to Equestria and helped by a caring Fluttershy.

  • ...
14
 29
 1,017

Discovery

“Are the guards prepared?” Celestia asked Bio Shock.

“Yes Princess.” He replied. “We have your best guards here and ready to go on your command. Are you sure you don’t want any of my soldiers to come search.”

“No.” Celestia replied sternly. “This is a royal matter, which can only be handled by the royal guards.”

“Okay.” Bio said in a disappointed tone. “The element bearers should be arriving anytime soon.”

“Good. I don’t want to waste any time in capturing these creatures.” She barked.

Celestia turned around to face her royal guards. There were four Earth Ponies, two Pegasi and two unicorns, all clad in gleaming, gold armour. They were also wielding spears and swords for extra protection.

“Princess!” A voice yelled in the distance.

Celestia turned around to find her prized student, Twilight Sparkle, running towards them with four of her friends following her. Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“Princess.” Twilight panted. “I came here as soon as I got your letter.”

“Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia said in her sort of commanding and sort of soothing tone. “Where is your friend Fluttershy?”

“She’s back at her cottage. She said that she had to take care of her animals in case any creatures try to harm them.” Twilight replied.

“I see.” Commented Celestia.

“Never mind that! I’m ready to kick some alien flanks.” Rainbow Dash boomed while rubbing her hooves together in anticipation.

“Yea.” Applejack agreed. “We ain’t gonna let no monsters run loose in our town.”

“I agree.” Rarity huffed.

“Calm your self’s my little ponies.” Said Celestia. “We do not want to engage in combat with these creatures. We do not know what powers they possess and could harm us.”

“They surely could not be more powerful than you Princess. Right?” Asked Twilight.

“I do not know Twilight.” Celestia admitted. “They seem to have just appeared out of thin air, who knows what they're capable of.”

“That gives us more of a reason to pummel them!” Said Rainbow Dash, thumping her chest to make her look tougher.

“We’ll let the guards take care of the fighting Rainbow Dash.” Celestia proclaimed.

“But but…” She stammered.

“No buts.” Celestia replied sternly.

“hmph…Fine.” Rainbow groaned.

“Princess. Might I ask, who is that pony in the lab coat?” Asked Twilight.

“Where are my manners.” Bio Joked as he stepped in front of her. “I am the head of the physics and technology department at the Royal Canterlot Observatory Bio Shock.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Bio Shock, and did you say scientist?!” She squealed.

“Yep, I was the one that located those two creatures in the Everfree.” Bio gloated.

“Well, you must have some extremely powerful magic to be able to locate such a thing.” Twilight noted.

“Actually, we didn’t use magic, we used technology.” Bio beamed.

“What kind of technology?” Asked Twilight, her curiosity peaking.

“Well it’s very simple. I created a...”

“BORRRRRRING!” Yelled Rainbow Dash. “Now we have two eggheads. Wonderful.”

“Enough Rainbow Dash.” Commanded Celestia. “We have no time for petty squabbles.”

Rainbow Dash huffed.

“Hey, where in the hay is Pinkie?” Interrupted Applejack.

As soon as she said this, a pink blur came careening out of the sky and landed on Rainbow Dash.

“HEYGUYSIMSORRYILEFTIHADTOGETSTUFFTOGOMONSTERHUNTING!”

“Pinkie!” Screeched Rainbow Dash. “Get off of me!”

“Oopsie. Sorry Dashie.” Giggled Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie got off of Rainbow Dash. She was wearing a jungle safari outfit, with a matching safari hat and binoculars around her neck.

“Pinkie, what are you WEARING!” Rarity screamed.

“What’s wrong with it?” Asked Pinkie. “Were looking for wild animals. Right?”

“I mean your outfit darling. It’s so...it’s so...drab.”

“Well we don’t need to look good for trekking in the forest.”

The arguing was really trying Celestia’s patience. She could explode at any minute, she was about to explode!

“Enough you two.” Interjected Twilight. “We need to start searching, no more distractions.”

Celestia sighed a breath of relief and turned towards her guards.

“Alright, fan out and search for these creatures. Try to reason with them. If you can’t, you can hurt them if necessary. I want them….”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Celestia was interrupted by an ear piercing scream that shook the forest and caused Pinkie to start shaking rapidly.

“I-i-i-i-i-i-it’s a-a-a-a-a-a-a do-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ozy.” She stammered.

“That sounded like Fluttershy.” Exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

“Guards!” Celestia yelled. “Follow my student to Fluttershy’s cottage.”

“YES PRINCESS!” They boomed as they followed Twilight and her friends.


Fluttershy’s Cottage

“Come on little ones. Come inside now.”

Fluttershy was herding all of her small animals into her home, the reason being her friends had come around to tell her that the princess had spotted two monsters in the Everfree Forest. They asked if she wanted to come with them to find them but she refused. Fluttershy didn’t go because she had to take care of her animal friends, in case those wild creatures decided to come to her cottage.

“Is everypony inside Angel?” Fluttershy asked her pet rabbit.

Angel nodded his head.

“Good. I don’t want any animals to get hurt.”

Fluttershy walked towards her couch and collapsed in exhaustion. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.


Fluttershy awakened to the sound of rustling behind her house. She jumped up out of fright and hid behind her couch. All her animal friends we’re awoken as well and started howling, barking and making other loud noises.

“Shhhhhh. Shhhhh.” She whispered. “It’s okay. I’ll go and have a look.”

Fluttershy got up onto her hooves shakily and walked towards the backdoor.

“It’s okay.” She thought to herself. “It’ll just be another small animal or something.”

Fluttershy walked outside and scanned the area.

“T-t-there d-d-doesn’t seem to b-be a-a-anything here.” She stammered. “I’m sure it w-w-was just the w-w-wind.”

*SNAP*

“EEP!”

Fluttershy turned around. Expecting the worst, she instead saw Angel holding a glow stick that he had just cracked.

“Ohh.” Fluttershy whimpered. “Thank you Angel.”

Angel gave her the glow stick and started thumping his foot on the ground.

“What is it?” Fluttershy asked curiously.

Angel pointed at her little garden, where she grew all of her food and began thumping his foot even faster.

“Okay then, but only one carrot. You don’t want a tummy ache do you?”

He began thumping his foot even faster.

“Fine then. You can have two.”

He sprang off happily towards the garden.

“He can be really demanding sometimes.” Fluttershy thought to herself. “At least he brought me some light.”

She continued a little bit further into the forest, looking for any injured animals that she might come across in her trek. She was starting to get nervous, her heart pounding even faster with every step she took. She thought she heard the faint sound of somepony in trouble. Being the element of kindness, she ran towards the source, only to recoil in shock. She saw two bipedal creatures, one seemed to be lying down and the other one was holding a rag on the one lying down’s shoulder that was stained with…blood?

“Come on Riley. Wake up!” The one standing up spoke.

Fluttershy knew that these two creatures were the ones that her friends were looking for, but they didn’t seem evil. They looked worried.

“Hello.” Fluttershy spoke in the quietest whisper.

“Who said that?” She yelled.

Fluttershy hid behind a bush.

“Whoever’s out there, I don’t want to hurt you.” It spoke.

Fluttershy either had two options, go out and see if the creature was telling the truth or keep hiding and tell her friends that she had found the creatures. She decided to come out and try talking to it.

“Hello.” She greeted as she came out from the bush.

The creature yelled and jumped back in shock causing Fluttershy to eep and curl up into a ball. The creature just stared at it in shock for about 30 seconds until it decided to speak up.

“Did you just talk?” It said with an amazed tone.

“Umm, yes.” Fluttershy whispered softly.

“Do you have a name?” It asked.

“Yes. My name’s Fluttershy.”

“Sorry, what was that?”

“Oh sorry. My name’s Fluttershy.”

“Well Fluttershy, you should probably get going.”

“But what about your friend. He’s bleeding.” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“Well I’m trying to stop the bleeding. So could you kindly move along.”

“He needs proper first aid though.”

“I’ll fix it, just go.”

The creature turned around to go and help its friend and came face to face with five angry, snarling timber wolves.

“What the fuck?!” It exclaimed.

One of the timber wolves started walking over towards the creature’s friend.

“Oi. Stay away from my brother you bastard!”

The creature summoned lightning into its hands and fired at the timber wolf, electrocuting it and frying it to a crisp. The other wolves started to close in on her.

“Stay back.” She warned as her hand charged up with lightning.

This was too much for Fluttershy to take in. She screamed at the top of her lungs, “AHHHHHHHH!”

“Jesus Christ.” The creature yelled as she covered her ears.

One of the wolves got a beat on her while she was covering her ears. This caught the creature by surprise, as it was on top of her in a heartbeat, trying to shred her into little pieces.

“ARGH!” she yelled as its claw swiped at her, getting her in the chest.

The creature backed up against a tree with Fluttershy hiding next to her.

“RILEY.” It screamed before she couldn’t see past the timber wolves. Fluttershy just laid down, watching as the wolves got closer.

“This is the end.” Fluttershy thought to herself, tears rolling down her cheeks.

The timber wolf in front of Fluttershy was getting ready to strike. Fluttershy closed her eyes and braced herself for the pain……but nothing came. She opened her eyes slowly and the sight before her almost made her faint. Standing in front of her was the other creature, with some sort of sharp, spinning, metal device that was on fire as his right arm and a pair of wings that were made of fire. Fluttershy was confused at how she never noticed that he had wings before as well as her not noticing the spinning metal thing. She barely had any time to register this as the bipedal plunged his sharp, flaming metal thing deep into the skull of the timber wolf, killing it instantly. The other timber wolves turned around to face what had defeated their comrade and ended up with the same inevitable fate as the first timber wolf. Fluttershy could only watch the excessive brutality unfold in front of her as she watched each timber wolf get slaughtered one by one.

“Erin!” The creature yelled as he ran towards the creature named Erin.

“Riley!” Erin yelled back, tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.

Riley’s spinney thing and wings vanished into thin air, wowing Fluttershy for the third time that night, as he embraced his sister in a hug.

“Riley are you okay?!” Erin shouted in a frantic tone.

“Yea yea.” He replied. “I’ll live. I think I should get this bullet hole out of me chest though.

“We’ll get it out soon. Right now we need to find a camp.”

“Umm, excuse me.” Interrupted Fluttershy.

Riley instantly got into a defensive position and pulled Erin behind his back.

“Stay behind me Erin.” He growled as his drill took the place of his right arm.

“No Riley, stop.” Erin yelled. “She’s friendly.”

“Are you sure?” He asked, still eyeing Fluttershy. “There could be more of them.”

“I’m the only one here.” Replied Fluttershy.

As soon as she said this, a bright light could be seen overhead, brightening the sky up like a Christmas tree with a thousand lights on it.

“Erin, hide.” Riley whispered as they ducked behind a bush, Erin following close behind.

“Fluttershy.” Came a voice that came from her friend Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy looked into the air and saw her friend Rainbow Dash along with a platoon of royal pegasus guards and Princess Celestia descending from above and landing next to her. What followed them on land where the rest of Fluttershy’s friends and some unicorn and earth pony guards.

“Fluttershy.” Spoke Celestia in her most soothing voice. “We heard you scream from a mile away, what did you see?”

Fluttershy argued in her head whether to tell them or not. After seeing what Riley did, she knew they were dangerous, but seeing him hurt those timber wolves to protect his sister and herself, she knew it was only in self-defence. Fluttershy thought about this for the split second she had.

“I saw the bipedal creatures.” Spoke Fluttershy. “They murdered these timberwolves and ran in that direction.”

She pointed her hoof at the deeper part of the Everfree Forest.

“Thank you Fluttershy.” Celestia cooed.

Celestia turned towards her guards

“Follow me.” She commanded.

They all galloped deeper into the Everfree, leaving a dumbstruck Fluttershy behind.

“I can’t believe that worked.” Fluttershy thought to herself.

“Why didn’t you turn us in?” Riley asked coming out of their hiding spot.

“Because I don’t think you’re evil.” Was her reply.

“Oh, well then. Erin and I will just be on our way now.”

“You can stay with me…..If that’s okay with you.” Said Fluttershy.

“Are you sure, we wouldn’t want to be a disturbance.”

“No no. You saved my life. The least I can do is offer you a place to sleep.”

“Okay then, We’ll just grab our things.”

Riley and Erin grabbed their bags and joined Fluttershy.

“By the way, I never got your name miss…”

“Fluttershy.”

“It’s nice to meet you Fluttershy. I’m Riley and this is my sister Erin.”

“Those are odd names.”

“Not where we come from Fluttershy.”

They continued down the pathway that led to a small cottage. They approached it and standing at the doorway, was a very pissed off rabbit.

Author's Note:

Gday everypony.
Just a quick note, I won't be posting this Friday coming:fluttercry:
I'm going camping for most of the week so I won't be able to use my laptop.
I'll make up for this by posting two chapters the following week.
Sorry:fluttercry: