• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 1,449 Views, 41 Comments

Collection of Character One-shots - roseprincess



A collection of character one-shots involving most of my favourite pairings.

  • ...
11
 41
 1,449

ScootaBelle (Scootaloo x Sweetie Belle)

Author's Note:

I had this whole plot laid out from the beginning. Sorry if you don't like it u w u

“So, you ready for Cutie Mark Crusading Tree Climbing?!” Scootaloo said happily as they raced out of the building when the bell rang. Sweetie Belle nodded happily, but Applebloom replied,

“Sorry girls, ah gotta help my big sis with the apples this afternoon. Big harvest coming up!” She smiled, and the other two nodded, understanding she was busy.

“It’s okay!” Sweetie Belle said, “Maybe you’ll get your Cutie Mark working on the farm!” Applebloom thought about it and smiled happily,

“Yeah! Maybe I will! Well, see ya guys!” She raced off, waving. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo waved back and then turned towards the clubhouse near the forest. They started to head towards it.

“Cutie Mark working on the farm huh?” Scootaloo asked, “Seems likely. Maybe that means mine will be flying like Rainbow Dash!” She strained herself to get off the ground but just ended up falling down.

“But now that I think about it Tree Climbing Cutie Marks might not be so bad.” Scootaloo stood up as Sweetie Belle let out a little laugh. They looked up at the tree house.

“Applebloom did a really good job didn’t she?” Sweetie Belle said and Scootaloo replied with a nod.

“Anyhoo, let’s go find a REALLY tall tree to climb!” Scootaloo exclaimed and raced around all the trees, Sweetie Belle following close behind.

“No, no, no…” She repeated to herself, checking out all the trees around her. She couldn’t find any decent tall ones in this area.

“Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle called and Scootaloo ran over, seeing her point up.

“How about this one?” Scootaloo looked up and nodded happily, a smile forming on her face.

“Let’s start climbing!” She jumped up and grabbed hold of the first branch, swinging herself up. She held her hoof down and Sweetie Belle grabbed hold, pulling herself up. Scootaloo looked up happily and kept going ahead of Sweetie Belle. As they got higher, the branches got skinnier and weaker, and since Sweetie Belle was behind, the branches were weaker for her after Scootaloo had placed her weight on them. Scootaloo stepped up on the third highest branch and looked above the leaves at the view.

“Woah, this is awesome! Sweetie Belle, you gotta see!” She looked back down at her friend, who was having trouble reaching the top.

“I’m…coming.” She replied and reached her leg up to the next branch. At first, she thought she was safe, but as she pulled herself up, more of her wait pressured the branch and…

*crack*

The branch snapped and Sweetie Bell lost her grip on the branch above which was also too weak to hold her wait. It snapped as well, causing her to fall through the leaves.

“Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo jumped back down after her friend who was screaming like crazy. She raced as fast as she could and tried to grab her hoof, but she was falling too fast. The ground came closer and Scootaloo gave up on branch hopping and jumped off instead, falling at her speed. Grabbing Sweetie’s hoof finally, she *just* managed to strain her wings enough to hover them above the ground. After a few seconds, Scootaloo stopped flapping and they fell again, but this time the ground is close enough for the fall to be fine. Well, to one of them at least…

Scootaloo hit one of the roots at the bottom of the tree and now, not only were her wings broken, her leg was bent in a very sickly way. She closed her eyes and tried not to think about, but soon tears were pouring down from the pain.

Sweetie Belle looked up and gasped, rushing toward her.

“Scootaloo, are you okay?!” Scootaloo just cried harder.

“That’s a no.” Sweetie Belle carefully helped her injured friend up and to the closest place she could think of: the clubhouse. When they arrived, Sweetie Belle tried to help as much as she could with what they had lying around. She found long strips of bandages and wrapped them around her wings and leg tightly to stop the blood flow. It was all she could do for now, aside from trying to calm Scootaloo down. She looked outside as the sun set. It was too late for them to head back now, especially considering Scootaloo wouldn’t be as fast. She decided that they’d have to stay here for the night.

Scootaloo’s crying calmed down and suddenly she felt tired, her eyes half closed. Sweetie Belle looked over and smiled slightly.

“You should probably sleep.” She said and sat down next to her, softly singing the original version of the lullaby she knew so well.

Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to lay your sleepy head

Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to go to bed

Drifting off to sleep, exciting day behind you

Drifting off to sleep, let the joy of dream land find you

Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to lay your sleepy head

Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to go to bed…

Scootaloo fell asleep with a smile on her face despite the pain in her leg. Sweetie Belle let out a yawn and dozed off with her head on the edge of the bed.

A bit later throughout their sleep, the two of them gained the marks they’d longed for forever. Sweetie Belle’s was a heart and microphone, representing her singing bringing love and care to everyone who heard it. Scootaloo’s was a purple shooting star heading towards a heart, representing rushing towards danger to protect the ones she loves.