• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 545 Views, 0 Comments

Balloons - SomeGenericPonyNameHere



Pinkie Pie reflects on her love of balloons.

  • ...
0
 0
 545

Come On, And Smile!

Beyond the world of Equestria and far beyond pony scope, a pink-haired teen wiped at her eyes as she stood alone in the school's gymnasium. Before her was a wide table, with packages of confetti and streamers sitting to the sides. More packages of balloons sat in the middle of it, nearly overrunning the amount of confetti and streamers.

The human Pinkie Pie was preparing for a school event that was going to happen in a few days. Her friends wouldn't be there until twelve in the afternoon, so she had time to get her materials ready for them all to work on. She even supplied lunch and cupcakes for all to enjoy if someone got hungry, with a little extra in case Applejack or Rainbow Dash ate everything. Again. But being by herself was not what made the young girl so melancholic.

As she was spreading the packages and separating the varieties of balloons (water balloons, long ones to make animal balloons, print balloons, etc.), a sudden wave of depressing sadness made her throat tighten as tears stung her eyes. With a hand over her mouth, Pinkie pie silently wept as she stood over the white tabletop. She was startled and confused at first, wondering what had brought this on. One moment she was getting ready to set up a school event with her friends, and the next thing she knew she was crying by herself amidst the happy colors of her decorations, with her usually curly hair flatter than paper.

The answer dawned on her, making her let out a light gasp as her eyes widened in realization. With watery eyes, Pinkie Pie tore open a package of regular solid colored balloons and grabbed the first one her shaky fingers could get. It was a sky blue balloon she placed at her lips and blew with all her might, willing happy thoughts into each breath she inflated the balloon with. "It's alright!" she gasped out between each huff and puff. "Don't be sad!" Another huff, another puff. "Don't be afraid!" Huff, puff. "Friends! We have friends!" Huff. "They....They'll be there..." Puff. "Freh.....Hoo-wee, is everything moving?"

Becoming dizzy in her attempt to inflate what she wanted to call a "Happiness balloon", Pinkie Pie swooned as her blowing made her light-headed. She didn't see anything as the world around her blurred, didn't even hear the heavy boots stomping across the court at a hurried pace. She did feel a solid form hold her up as her legs gave out.

"Whoa now!" A southern drawl cried out in alarm as another warm frame came to the other side of the young pink-haired girl. "Pinkie Pie, are you okay?!"

Shaking her head free of the dizziness, Pinkie Pie saw Applejack and Rainbow Dash holding her up with each of her arms draped around their shoulders. In front, she could see Rarity and Fluttershy coming up as well, dropping their bags and rushing over to them.

"Oh, my goodness! Are you alright, Pinkie Pie?"

"Darling, what happened?"

As Pinkie Pie nodded, the two athletes helped the party planner onto the bleachers, with everyone sitting around her. She took in a deep breath and regarded her friends with a sheepish giggle.

"Sorry to scare you, girls. I just got a little light-headed there for a moment. Guess I got a little carried away with my balloo- Hey! Where'd it go?!"

Pinkie Pie looked around to see where her balloon had deflated to. In her distress, she hadn't noticed it sitting atop her head hidden in one of her bouncy curls. Chuckling lightly, Rainbow Dash reached up and plucked it out of her hair and handed it to her.

"Here ya go, Pinks! Looking for this?"

Pinkie Pie gasped and took the elastic from her friend, nodding to her and resumed inflating it. "Easy now, Pinkie Pie. Don't be gettin' yerself dizzy again!"

Without releasing her lips from the balloon, the pink haired girl nodded and happily filled the balloon in her hands. With a final blow, she tied off the end and looked to the other young teen girls surrounding her, smiling as they were smiling at her. My friends, she thought wistfully to herself. Seeing them together, surrounded by the light and happy feelings they gave off, made her feel joy and happiness from within.

She sprung onto her feet and ran out of the gymnasium, with blue balloon in hand as her friends followed her out, hurrying to catch up to her as confusion showed on their faces. She sprinted down the halls of CHS and burst through the double glass doors of the entryway, making her way to the white equine statue of her school. Pinkie gave the blue balloon a final hug that lasted a moment before she thrust it into the side of the statue, making it disappear as she pulled her hands back. She smiled to herself, knowing, without rhyme or reason, that it'll get to where it was needed.

Just then, her friends burst forth from the same set of doors, all panting as they called out to her. Pinkie waved at them, smiling as she started making her way back to them. After only a single step, she spared a happy glance at the statue and skipped off, humming happily as she returned to her waiting friends.

Author's Note:

So! Interesting thing I noticed. When I submitted this, I was so pleased with my work and how it came out that I, in all my intelligent glory (sarcasm), completely forgot to label it with the "complete" tag!!

And well, I decided to make an honest story out of this little piece, so here's an unintended bonus chapter!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment