• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 2,018 Views, 5 Comments

Merry Christmas Derpy! - Pinkie13Pie



It's been exactly 4 years and 6 months since the Doctor left Derpy. 4 years of normalness and getting used to old life. She knew he was coming back. And tonight, on Hearths Warming Eve, he did.

  • ...
1
 5
 2,018

Can You Hear That?

Dinky, Sparkler and Ditzy (or now more commonly called Derpy for "various reasons that you don't need to know about." according to her) were sitting on the rug next to the fireplace melting marshmallows on the chilliest winter night of the year. Hearts Warming Eve.

They were smiling and laughing about the mishaps and the problems they had experienced. Deep inside them, they had that big ball of warmness and happiness you get on Hearts Warming Eve, the one that almost makes you want to scream and run around from happiness. Dinky and (mostly) Sparkler, cherished this day more than any other. On this day, they could be true kids, playing through out the house without getting in trouble, and even mentioning him without having that awkward stale feeling in the air.

It was a once a year occurrence, where they could ask as many questions as they liked, but no matter how many times they asked, they never found out how or why they fell in love with each other. Two completely different ponies, for Celestias sake, one of them wasn't even a pony! But somehow, fate had wound them together, more than once!

But, that's just what fate does.

It seems like tonight, fate will once again, wind them together again. Well, to be exact, he just wanted-no, needed to come back.

~:heart:~

The three had finished their large meal, of course leaving out an extra plate. They were about to go into the study, to look through the family photo books. A tradition kept going since, well, literally, forever!

Then Derpy heard it. The whooshing. Her face fell and perked up at the same time, if that's possible. Before even looking at her two daughters, she had zipped out of the house, hitting her head hard on the doorway and her forelegs multiple times by tables, but it didn't slow her down, not one bit.

Dinky was about to run after her, with a smile upon her tiny, adorable face, but a heavy weight had stopped her. She looked up to see Sparkler holding her back with a softy-happy smile.

"Let them catch up, before we join them." She said. She said it like her voice was about to crack, and she said it like it was the best possible thing to say. And perhaps, it was. So they stood half-way between the cosy warmness of our house, and the harsh cold of outside. They watched the scene play out.

~:heart:~

When I was in the snow, I watched sight of the blue box. I stopped for a second, and when I saw the door creak open to reveal the wondrous chestnut stallion that I had fell in love with. He saw me and we looked at each other, and then I ran to him, stopping right in front of him. The happiness melted in frustration.

"Where were you these past 4 years?!" I said, on the verge of screaming. A part of me felt bad for doing this to him. I knew how he worked. He hated goodbyes, they were the worst parts of a story to him. So I knew he spent days in despair after we last saw him. In fact, we actually aren't supposed to see him, the universe made it impossible. But another part of me felt sad that he was here, because if you knew the Doctor, you also knew, that goodbyes were in order. They always were. But a lot of me was happy. He was here, and that made it perfect. But anger was lingering. If he could've come here, why not earlier?

I wanted to cry after all of these thoughts, because the one that most spoke out, was 'Goodbye...'. After meeting the Doctor, I had learnt to fear them. He saw my anger and sadness and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked for a moment before I broke down in quiet sobs.

"I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry..." He whispered into my ear as he stroked my mane. I wanted to pull away. I so badly did, this would only make the goodbye harder. But I couldn't bring myself to.

"D-oo-ct--o--r..." My words were broken into syllables from my sobs, and I hugged him tighter.

I sat there for a good while, until I took control of my emotions and pulled away. My breathing was still a bit heavy. I put on a smile, and let my happiness sink through (that kinda doesn't make sense, but i'm going to roll with it).

"Oh, we've missed you so, so much and you've missed loads!" I said cheerfully, and I began hovering in the air. It's something I did by habit. When ever I'm extremely {place emotion here}, I start flying slightly. Except when I'm sad. He started grinning, the usual glint in his eye was back and it only made me happier.

I had to act happy. I just had to. I couldn't let this occasion go to waste. I couldn't.

"Want to see something?" He asked, pulling out his sonic screwdriver from the secret pouch I sewed in his tie years ago. I nodded eagerly, expecting him to lead me into the TARDIS, but was slightly overthrown when he lead me away from the box. I was curious now, all of my focus was on him.

Okay, as bad as I'll feel to admit it, I really had the urge to kiss him. On the lips. I won't do it, but I want to. It's been years since I last saw him, and even more time since I last kissed him.

He stopped at the highest point of the hill and sat down in the snow, shivering slightly from the snow that crunched underneath him. I sat next to him, and he pulled out his special scarf from his pockets (yes, ponies have pockets) and I smiled when I caught sight of it. I loved that scarf. When I first saw it, I got all tangled and the Doctor had to help me. It was kinda awkward...

He twisted the scarf around my neck and then, using the other end, twisted it around his. There was a slightly awkward air between us, and I couldn't form my words straight. All of my focus and thoughts were all about him actually being here. I just couldn't believe it. He also had his adorable blush on his cheeks, causing me to blush.

When we were comfortable, the Doctor grabbed his sonic screwdriver again, pointed it at the nearby bushes and trees, turned to me with his charming smile that made me melt inside and said;

"Look up in 3..." His hot breath tickled my nose and I closed my eyes.

"2..." I twitched in happy-nervous excitement

"1!" I heard the familiar buzz of the sonic screwdriver and I burst my eyes open. Before I looked up at the sky, I saw tens of little bugs that blew like lightblubs. Perhaps there were even hundreds. I gasped in amazement, and I felt the Doctors smirk of triumph and his gaze on me. Then I looked up.

And nearly cried. Across the night sky, in stars read:

Merry Christmas Derpy!

I clapped my numb hooves over my mouth, stifling a loud gasp and a few tears streamed down my eyes.

"Are-are you okay?" He said, voice ringing with concern. I turned to him, happiness bulging in my throat and wrapped my hooves tight around him. The glitterbugs (A/N I call them that, and I think that Derpy calling them that would be adorable) were thinning out, but they were still there. I could now only see them as glowing blurs around us.

"Thank you..." I whispered. I truly loved this stallion. No matter what, he'd make it up to you. And he'll always try. I broke away and saw him smiling. But this time, with all of his love in his eyes.

Then I kissed him. I couldn't bare it any longer. I could handle the pain of a goodbye, I knew now that I'd see him again. But I couldn't bare the guilt of not kissing him. I mean, he is my husband and the father to our two daughters. And anyways, they needed to learn how to drive the TARDIS so I knew he'd be back.

Our kiss was bliss, and I nearly burst in excitement. One thing about the Doctor that few are lucky enough to experience, is that he's an amazing kisser. He was so soft and I just. I love him.

That's all I can say about him. I love him.

After we broke away, I looked at him for a few moments, opened my mouth and asked him,

"What is Christmas?"

Author's Note:

Hi guys!

Just a cute little ball of fluff based off of two pictures. Hope you liked it!

Comments ( 5 )

OMG IS THIS THE STORY THAT MY ART INSPIRED YOU TO MAKE???:pinkiegasp: OMG YAY!!!! I'll have to read it soon!:pinkiehappy: I'll pm you the pic if you would like

5793947 Well this story is kind of like a prequel, in a way to the story that you inspired me to make. So i'm going to write that one soon! But I won't be upset if you read this one, JK JK! You can read it if you want <3

5794435 Thank you so much!

Okay so... I am a few lines away and think to myself "Christmas?!? Is derpy familiar with the name?". Then I read the last line and go " haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Login or register to comment