• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 834 Views, 2 Comments

Day and Night - Dark_Soliloquy



Luna is banished to the moon, but she still struggles. And Celestia is steadily getting worse and worse, with no sister to comfort her. Note: This is the sequel to Darkness and Light, so if you haven't already, read that first.

  • ...
2
 2
 834

The World on my Shoulders

Celestia slowly opened her eyes. She was... In bed. As if nothing had happened. She stretched her hooves. Then, Celestia realized, she had no injuries, even though her battle with Sekhmet was brutal. She smiled. Perhaps that was just a dream. Celestia trotted out of her bedroom and into the common room.

"Hello, Tia!" Luna called enthusiastically. She was curled up by the fire, and her smile was genuine. Her face showed no signs of pain or anger, or even sorrow.

Then a familiar stallion cantered in.

"I thought I'd stop by for a visit." (Other World) King Sombra said. He handed Celestia a bouquet of poppies.

Celestia smiled. It seemed all her dreams and wishes were becoming reality. But something was off. "Sombra," Celestia looked into his usually kind green eyes, but now they seemed dull and lifeless. "You know my favorite flowers are pink roses. I'm allergic to poppies."

"Oh, it must've slipped my mind. And, I couldn't find anymore pink roses." Sombra seemed a bit anxious, but he hid his anxiety very quickly. Celestia raised an eyebrow.

"Sombra wanted to ask you something, sister." Luna smiled mischievously. Her eyes gleamed, and, for a moment, Celestia felt extremely wary.

Sombra also smiled. "Oh, of course. Celestia, I want you to be... My queen." He reached out his hoof.

Celestia was so close, so close to everything she ever wanted. But something was terribly wrong. Luna's eyes looked dark, and Sombra's looked strangely like Sekhmet's. "N... No. This can't be real." Celestia stammered.

The room seemed to rip, and Sombra morphed into Sekhmet, and Luna into a pony who must be Nyx. They both did not look happy.

"So, you saw through our little dream." Nyx said. Her voice was unnaturally smooth and eerie. "At least it distracted you for a little while. Time is different in dreams, you know."

"How... How long have I been dreaming?!?" Celestia demanded.

"Oh, quite longer then you think. About three days." Sekhmet smiled, then she and Nyx disappeared.

Celestia shouted and shouted, but she could not wake up.

~oOo~

When Celestia finally awoke, she was in complete darkness. She lit her horn, but an unknown force always snuffed it out.

Sometimes, she would hear whispers and voices in the darkness, trying to get her. She would fight them. They would try to convince her, convince her that their way was better, but Celestia fought. They were strong, and obviously helping Sekhmet and Nyx.

But soon, Celestia began to tire.

And they seized their moment and swallowed Celestia in darkness.

Author's Note:

The end. Of the second book, the third and final book is coming.

Comments ( 2 )

Celestia's point of view is awesome! The idea of Sekmeth and Nyx is pretty cool. I really like it.

Login or register to comment