• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 834 Views, 2 Comments

Day and Night - Dark_Soliloquy



Luna is banished to the moon, but she still struggles. And Celestia is steadily getting worse and worse, with no sister to comfort her. Note: This is the sequel to Darkness and Light, so if you haven't already, read that first.

  • ...
2
 2
 834

The Troubles I Face

The deafening cheering. The sickening applause. All of it was more than overwhelming for Celestia.

They were cheering for her own sister's banishment. Why? They should be mourning, not... Celebrating!

Not having fun, eh Celestia?

"Wow, Celestia!" A random pony in the crowd called. "It's so cool that you banished Luna and everything. How did it feel?"

Celestia was so angry she didn't retain her composure. "Oh, you're wanting to know how it felt? Well, imagine living in constant pain and agony, knowing you were too weak to save your own sister, waiting a grueling thousand years waiting for the one you love to come home! Imagine your heart being ripped out as you watch your sister suffer while you stand idly by! Being alone, for centuries! And you all are celebrating that! You want to know how it felt? It was the worst pain you could ever experience... Agonizing pain! Every. Single. Day!" Celestia's face looked downright murderous. Tears rolled down her face.

"Your majesty, perhaps you should rest..." Silver Suit hastily shuffled Celestia into the castle.

~oOo~

Celestia paced around her room, the only audible sound was her hoof steps. She finally looked up when she noticed the room getting visibly hotter. When Celestia did look up, she saw a misty form, reminiscent of fire. "What...?" She gasped.

"So we finally meet, Celestia. How lovely..." It was that strange voice, in the flesh, if you could call it flesh. The fiery form had tendrils of smoke pour around the room.

"You!" Celestia shouted angrily.

The voice chuckled. "How sweet of you to recognize me. Your sister wasn't so observant."

"How dare you even speak of Luna!"

"Your sister gave in without a fight- that is, of course, until she knew what was happening. After she found out, she put up quite a fight indeed. You already know I don't mean well, so perhaps I shall take you by force." Suddenly the fiery form solidified into a mare. She would've been pretty, but her mane was wild, and her teeth were sharp. She had bat wings, and a sharp crooked horn. "Let's see how strong you are." Her jagged horn glowed, and a white-hot blast of magic came hurdling at Celestia.

With haste, Celestia drew up a shield, but since she barely had time to defend herself the shield shattered once the blast made contact.

"Is that the best you can do? I was expecting more from the sun princess... But that was just a warmup. Let's see how you do in round one!" A tornado of fire came charging toward Celestia.

The sun princess shielded herself once again.

"Ahh, you're no fun. Enough of the defense, show me some offense!"

Celestia tried the best she could, but the fire-mare seemed to predict her every move. At last Celestia fell to the ground.

"Funny thing, it seems your younger sister had way much more power than you. Perhaps you have the same amount, you just haven't unlocked them fully."

"Who... What are you?" Celestia croaked.

"Sekhmet. My sister and I rule over all nightmares, and dreams, also. I specialize in daydreams, and making those nightmares you have come to life." Sekhmet smiled widely.

The last thing Celestia saw before she passed out was Sekhmet looming over her, cackling.